Chronicles of Darkness fighting tournament

All right guys as the title suggest i need to prepare a tournament that many NPCs and a few PCs will fight in.
Now a little of the back story its in changeling the lost, and its to decide the new lord of summer.This happens every year.
Now my question is how do i set it up i have tons of ideas for fighters of all kinds but what should the rules be,
how is a tournament set up, and should i change the combat so its not one on one roll off to see who wins for the players.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_VpkXd1TKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Im not very into changeling but... this gives me the sansation of the fight between Merlin and Madam Mim

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_VpkXd1TKA

that is interesting but more like a Minotaur vs a naga,
or even a werewolf more strength of body than strength of magic.

First of all, made a fixture. That would help to develop the general idea of the tournment.

thanks i was thinking 16 would be a good number of people to have in this tournament,
too many more than that and its too much time the players are just watching fights.

You already think in the stages of the battle?

tho what i was thinking was that if they do watch the fights that they can gleam insights in to how each fighter and some of there weakness
i was thinking that the last two rounds the semi-finals and the final would be held in a place that was coincided to be holy or even dangerous.

i was also thinking that it would be a bare fist brawl like Street fighter or even DBZ

Hedge Duels!

Who else but one who can dominate the realm of the great Foe is capable of being Lord of Summer?

This. Hedge Duels practically exist for this.