Nobledark 40k Part VIb: Competitive Competition Edition

PREVIOUS THREAD: ( )
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/50077670/

WIKI:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Nobledark_Imperium

THREAD FOCUS:
Just keep this thing alive for fuck's sake!

>Necrons had an outline bashed out last thread, but feel free to add more shit if you need to.
>Write more shit.
>Suggest more shit to write.
>WotB needs more love.
>Sangyfag has pretty much singlehandedly written the Battle of Terra
>Armageddon is a thing because reasons
>WotB needs more love!
>Where are the fucking weebs?
>Where are the fucking bugs?
>C'mon guys, we don't wanna let Hektor Heresy and Imperium Asunder have all the fun

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where my fellow writefags at? Is eldarfag still around?

I'm trying to start on fulgrim, but still having trouble writing far future america as a setting

Godspeed user.

Any non-writefags lurking? Any crazy ideas and brainstorming would be appreciated.

Anyone tried to actually write interactions between Eldar and AdMech yet? (I've been so busy IRL I've fallen behind.)

Nope, go nuts.

I had an idea popping around my head with regards to AdMech interacting with "imperial" Cryptechs.

I know that Hektor Heresy already did their own cool take on space-vampires, but since in fantasy, Vampires were created by mortal humans messing around with Tomb-King magic, Nobledark vampires could be a radical admech trying to replecate the mind-transferance process.

Either
>Crazy AdMech tries to transfer himself fully into a machine body and it doesn't work as well.
>Crazy AdMech tries to reverse the mind-transfer of a minor-lord back into a "willing" host body, and it works with unexpected side-effects.
>After seeing the success of the gestalt soul that is The Steward (because by all counts The Steward was MUCH more successful than the Emperor,) the surviving free Ctan-Shards that are large enough for sapience enact a last-ditch plan to copy the process, using the meliability of human souls, to create a gestalt entity of Ctan-Shards housed within a human-host-body that would be for the physical world what the Emperor was for the Warp. Either their own selfishness, The Deciever, or both, fuck it up, and we get the first Space Vampire.

So they still have the ability to eat souls, but they're stuck in a fleshy body now?

I like to imagine Trazyn the Infinite has become a sort of supervillain pulling off ridiculously intricate heists, holding planets for ransom, kidnapping eldar maidens to tie them to railroad tracks.

Bah, I wrote about a third of my scenario and then got writer's block. I'll post what I've got to bump the thread, though.

"Is this as light as you can make these?" Ylsanor asked with a frown.

Magos Aronax barely suppressed a hiss of irritation as he realized that the Eldar was actually handling a freshly-constructed augmetic arm. Luckily it was only an example of the latest model, not one intended for actual use! He stalked back and snatched the augmetic away as gently as he could. "Balance between weight, structural strength, and cost of materials. Designs for standard military use need to be more durable than foil and less expensive than a small moon."

And why in the name of the Omnissiah had he bothered to answer the question? Granted, it was far less intrusive than some from her seemingly endless stream. While it was painfully obvious that the Bonesinger was very young-- for a member of her species-- despite being taller than Aronax, if she was able to gain permission to tour a Mechanicus facility, she was more than old enough to have a sense of decorum. Ignorance was never an excuse.

Honestly, you've pretty much got free rein over how you depict it. Wiki and Lexicanum only give a few lines about Merika, as does the pic related we're basing most of our Unification writefaggotry on.

Again, as said last thread, any small nitpicky stuff'll get picked up on when it's being mirrored, so don't worry too much about that.

Just...do whatever, I guess.

You could play with some themes of American history and see where those go:
>manifest destiny
>city upon the hill
>cultural melting pot
>leader of the free world
and so forth.

>So they still have the ability to eat souls, but they're stuck in a fleshy body now?
Basically, that's the idea behind the third concept. The original projenitor[s] would be true Ctan conciousness traped in mortal bod[y/ies]. Later generations would be mortals with ctan-shard essence corrupting them.

I was thinking that they could release a weaker but ubiquitous control signal to lesser Necrons: it couldn't override the stronger signal of a surviving lord, but the many "orphaned" legions who's lords failed in sleep, can be summoned.

Either that, or their blood is some sort of watered-down necrodermis that lets them convert humans into watered-down pariahs.

He's really just dicking around and stealing shit, basically harmless (because he wants to be) in the grand scheme of things. Really, people don't like him because "Wow, what a fucking dick", instead of "Wow, he slaughtered and kidnapped an entire sector, what a fucking monster."

Isn't that pretty much how he is in canon? I never got the feeling he was actually evil or anything.

>More garbage, hot and ready. Should be edited, but it's taken too long as it is.

Krieg, of the Segmentum Tempestum, Uhulis Sector, at the start of 433.M40 was an entirely different world than what we know in the modern day. Back then, it was a hiveworld with a middling population of 97 billion souls, and a restless aristocracy. A manufacture and trade hub with a surprising knack for technology outside of the Adeptus Mechanicus, interstellar market trends and the subtle shifts of the warp's currents had, over the millenia reduced its prestige and market value- and the attack of Hive Fleet Leviathan led the Administratum to introduce a price ceiling on the products of Krieg to help the war effort. The ruling councils of Autokrats, already impoverished by misfortune (And, truth be told, some serious missteps of their own) were outraged. For them, bound as they were to Krieg itself, the threat of alien invasion was distant, and they saw themselves made slaves to the whole of the sector for the sake of lazy foreigners that couldn't even pay a fair price for their orbital defenses. For that was the specialty of Krieg, big guns. Guns that could be mounted on the planet, and give orbital invaders a beating, and hopefully ward them off. This also made the planet Krieg extraordinarily dangerous to attack. Any attack from above would be costly indeed.

So, when a grand conclave of Autokrats were called, the attendees freely ruminated and conspired against the Imperium, secure in the shadows of their defenses. The Autokrats agreed that a formal complaint should be lodged to the Imperium. And that if they weren't met properly, that the councils would meet again, and elect a High Autokrat, an office only called for in times of crisis, when the whole of the planet had to act together. On paper at least, the Autokrats were united in their cause; respect, or war.

However, the Autokrats were a minority in the grand scheme of things. For the vast majority of the planet that labored, lived, and died in the hives, "For Throne and Man," was their byword, and even as the Autokrats fumed in their spires, the factory workers set their shoulders, shook their heads, and redoubled their labors. It was possible that this upset would have remained just that- a grumbling, that would be addressed when the Administratum representatives arrived to hear complaints. An agreement might have been reached, or a display of force on the truculent Autokrats, and Krieg would have returned to normalcy, minus a few belligerent aristocrats.

However, the representatives of the Administratum never arrived, and Krieg suffered a further two separate blows.

The fate of the Administratum mission has yet to be revealed. The only clue recovered was a letter from Administrative Senioris Sandos to his wife, noting with pleasure that he might return in time for Sanguinalia celebrations, that he'd secured passage through the webway "With a trustworthy sort." All Eldar guides within the sector capable of granting access to the webway deny ever offering that to a human, much less a lowly bureaucrat. There is a sizable reward still on offer for the missing Administrative, and the Administratum further cautions all citizens that the webway is restricted to a select few- anyone offering them a 'shortcut' should be considered a criminal, and treated as such.

As the year passed on, and the Administratum's delegation failed to appear, the Autokrats convinced themselves that this was a calculated slight from the Administratum. For the Autokrats of Krieg, it was obvious that the Imperium had no care for them, and didn't even care to tell them to their face. Krieg is a relatively ancient world, and has had a fiercely xenophobic streak in their culture- and for those Kriegers that believed in the Imperium, and the vision of the Throne, the silence shook them.

The issue was further deepened due to the astropathic messaging system- due to Krieg's growing insignificance, they had few astropaths, and those few were held privately by Autokrats. They may well have kept the news of the disappeared delegation quiet. Or assumed that, like any other words from beyond Krieg, any assurances that the delegation had been lost could only be treated as lies.

Then there was the Segmentum Tempestum Famine. The Ulthran Cartel had elected to invest in agri-futures- and with that investment came a stampede of Rogue Traders, Demiurge Trade Clans, and savvy planetary governors following the trend. Most notably was the influence of at least one Necron lord. Though indirectly involved in the market, for reasons unknown, a spate of necron attacks were aimed solely at agriworlds in the segmentum for a period of seven years, further aggravating food supplies. The market dried up, and shiftless and dishonest grain haulers meant for hive and forge worlds dependent on their products skimmed from the top to sell to this feeding frenzy. In the chaos of the Hive Fleet Leviathan's invasion, and the subsequent shadow cast by the hive mind blocking out psker communications, the administratum failed to notice until it was too late for the Uhulis Sector. Worlds starved.

Krieg was not among them. They wouldn't have the chance.

The precise Autokrats immediately detected they were being short changed on loads from their grain haulers. Outraged, they turned their guns on the hauler, and demanded the full load. The grain hauler in question (Records indicate a shiftless layabout "Regnal Ersten" with a forged Writ of Trade as the unfortunate) made excuses. The Kriegers fired a volley upon the orbiting vessel to make clear their dissatisfaction. The Rogue Trader, apparently, then babbled out a series of excuses, culminating in the claim that the Segmentum Command had seized most of the food intended for Krieg.

The Autokrats were satisfied with their suspicions confirmed. After finishing off the grain hauler with another volley (Surprisingly, Regnal survived this, and would meet his own gruesome fate far later- but that's another story) the Autokrats met once more, and elected a High Autokrat among their number- as far as they were concerned, they were in a state of war.

We have no record of the identity of the High Autokrat. Their position, history, statements, gender, and fate are unknown. The Death Korps of Krieg were thorough in erasing this hated figure from memory. All we know was that there was a High Autokrat, and that this figure would openly declare secession from the Imperium of Man.

At this time, seven Astra Militarum regiments of Kriegers had been raised, and were posted on the world. They had been staying garrisoned in case of tyranid attack, and awaiting orders that would have presumably accompanied the Administratum delegation.

As part of their duties, they were to gather supplies. This included food for campaign, begrudgingly supplied by the planet.

The hivers of Krieg had never been strangers to hunger. It is the same on all hives- due to corruption, inadequate transport capacity, or the simple structure of billions contained in such a small space, malnutrition is rampant. There are always too many mouths, and never enough meals.

The hivers of Krieg had known the shock of having the Imperium fail them, and now faced famine. The Death Korps of Krieg stated simply that the population rose in rebellion against the Imperium, and by extension those Imperial Regiments as well, but I feel that this misses a step. To editorialize, I imagine that the High Autokrat (Being a cunning sort) let this stew a few days. Let the rations dwindle, let the people wonder what's going on- perhaps even attempted to rather publicly deny the Imperial Regiments their supplies, and suffered equally public rebuke.

The people would hunger, see what happened, and wonder. Wonder why their children cried from hunger, as the soldiers marched and drilled and menaced with bayonet, taking scraps meant for them. The High Autokrat would let that stew, then speak.

I know not the High Autokrat's charisma, but I can't imagine the starving need much convincing to seize food.

Or perhaps it's just as the Death Korps describe it. The population en masse blindly rejected Imperial Law in madness, and set upon the regiments like savage dogs.

There were seven Imperial Regiments arranged at that time, and seven hive cities. There's a fascinating account of the fall of six of these hive cities embedded in the training manuals of the Kriegers. Each city lost held a lesson to them, and each pre-Death Korps regiment that fought and fell had a deadly sin associated with them as reason to how they fell. From each fall, they took a lesson, until one hive remained, Hive Ferrograd, under the command of one Colonel Jurten. If the Kriegers can recognize a hero, they might think of Jurten as one.

Ferrograd was the center for manufacture of ammunition- which kept the final of the loyalist Kriegers well surprised. There was an offer of surrender, but the war was bitterly fought already. The only thing you would earn in surrender was a quick death. Colonel Jurten knew that the Imperium was still months out. His forces would starve before the Imperium could arrive. Following that, the Imperium invasion would be costly, if it succeeded- if, and at this, Colonel Jurten feared the most, if the Imperium would even bother coming.

By this time, what was once a strangely anthropomorphized civic philosophy had become almost a religious mania. He believed in the Throne, even as the rebels around him ranted and raved about making a new Throne, a proper one on Krieg. Jurten knew that was heresy. And he knew the origin of it. The hubris of thinking the Throne would care. The present armageddon and sorrows sown by all of this was a consequence of that central arrogance- that the Kriegers would get something for loving the Throne. The Throne was to be served. The Throne was not there to serve them.

And if Krieg would not serve the Throne, Krieg did not deserve to be.

Krieg is a world that has its fair share of technological wonders and secrets. Among the ammunition that Hive Ferrograd produced for the orbital guns were atomics. A terrible amount of them. On the day of the Feast of the Emperor's Ascension, Colonel Jurgen gave the people of Krieg a feast that would never be forgotten. For sixteen hours straight, his collection of guns roared, blanketing the whole of Krieg in nuclear fire. Estimates lodge the amount of nuclear weapons launched in the thousands. An event in the future known as "The Purging." A kill count was kept. As point of pride, the warriors of Krieg estimated that brave Colonel Jurten with sixteen hours, reduced the population from 97 billion down to little more than 780 mlilion.

The world had never been a garden world, but I found a portrait of old Krieg once. Sold for a pretty penny. Though dated to the right era, I am not unconvinced it's a forgery, but perhaps that is due to my own horror at the sight of it. It was a poorly painted water color, perhaps by a student, showing the feet of a titanic steel hive towering into the clouds, standing atop harsh and jagged moss stained stone, wind and rain lashing the cliff side, and in the grey and dim light that peeked through the clouds, an animal soaring through the air. At least, I think it is. Might be a smudge on the canvas.

Krieg has no towering hives now, just ruins and subterranean warrens. The once proud stones have been reduced to rubble and sand. There is no water on Krieg, save for what's found in canteens and barrack reserves. The clouds are far lower to the ground now, laden with poison and chemical. The only life upon Krieg now are Kriegers. Kriegers, and the horses they grow in vats beneath the surface to ride into battle.

Though the Purging was the single greatest use of nuclear weapons in a short span of time upon the surface of Krieg, nuclear weapons would continue to be used. Both sides entrenched, and fought to the bitter, genocidal end in a war that would continue on for a further 500 years. The rebel survivors had gained a psychopathic hatred for the madmen that had reduced their world to ashes, and the loyalists grimly fought in the name of the Throne, knowing that no quarter would be given. They both practiced total war. They innovated, adapted, took on the gas mask, supplemented their meager diets with corpse starch (It's exactly as it sounds), introduced large scale usage of the mysterious "Vitae Womb" technology, and reduced all their beliefs to a fanatic, fatalistic, all encompassing devotion to the Imperium. The only thing for a Krieger is the fight. The duty. The war. Nothing else. For five hundred years, all other Krieger culture was erased. Art, music, literature, all the trappings of a civilian life was crushed by the demand for total war.

As Colonel Jurten had feared, the Imperium had more important matters to deal with than just another hive world descending into madness and blood shed. Two expeditions were undertaken to Krieg during this time. The first, a curious rogue trader, was fired upon by automated orbital guns and they beat a hasty retreat. The second, a mechanicus survey fleet, came within range, and did not report being fired upon, but instead reported what seemed to be a complete, genocidal civil war being fought by a population of perhaps a few million, upon a worthless death world. They moved on.

In 949.M40, Krieg sent a missive to the Imperium at large stating that the rebellion had quashed, and the Death Korps of Krieg were waiting for orders.

Krieg has no governor. Krieg has a Grand Marshal, in charge of recruitment and training of Kriegers. All Kriegers are considered qualifying soldiers. Logic would lead one to expect there has to be some administrative center upon Krieg aside from this Grand Marshal, but the Death Korps of Krieg seem content to hand off most logistics responsibilities to the Departmento Munitorium.

Departmento Munitorium officers assigned to coordinate and keep Kriegers in armor and weapons upon Krieg have a very high turnover rate. Few deaths, but from my understanding, psychological burn out is the primary cause.

Kriegers are immune to boredom. There are no diversions. There is only labor, training, war, and waiting. Any diversion from these four activities is looked upon with contempt, if not hostility. Kriegers are also remarkably xenophobic. And I mean that in the broadest term possible- fellow guardsmen often find Kriegers uncommunicative, and at times laden with barely disguised disgust. It seems any with a survival instinct are considered lesser men.

For aliens, it is worse. Philosophically, the Kriegers came from a point with extreme deprivation. To them, every breath an alien draws is theft. Every acre of space they occupy is one less acre for proper humans to utilize. Every mouthful of food, another mouthful denied to those that better deserve it. In their eyes, the proper place of an alien is at the end of a bayonet. The fact that the Imperium tolerates these is a matter barely tolerated.

Yet, for all their lack of social graces, the Departmento Munitorium has embraced the Kriegers. They win wars. Any order given is fulfilled without hesitation, doubt, or regret, even in the face of death. And there are a great deal of them.

That is a scary neat idea.

The Departmento Munitorium has long had a debate between two, rough, major schools of military study- the Reformers and the Macharians. It is no secret that, as the years have gone on, more and more regiments are drilled and equipped in the Cadian style. In the eyes of the Reformer generals, the advantages are obvious- Cadian soldiers are considered the standard by which all others of the Imperium are measured, and standardization and centralization of equipment would only help with logistics in the Astra Militarum. Something as simple as ordering a replacement lasrifle powerpack can lead to tragedy due to different manufacturing standards and usage across the endless worlds. Let there be one set of kit, training, and organization instead of the confusing hodge podge that blunders on through luck and sheer bloody mindedness.

The Macharians take their name from Lord Solar Macharius, who famously forged an army from a mass of diverse elements and worlds, making a flexible legion ready for every element. In their minds, trying to force guardsmen to march and act the same is an act of folly, that denies useful specialization and experience. Any attempted reform would take hundreds of years, untold fortunes, and would cause the war machine to grind to a halt even as they are besieged on all sides. Catachans are expert jungle fighters, Valhallans ice worlders, Chem Dogs tunnel fighters, and so on and so forth. Why break what isn't broken?

But now, there is a third regiment that is gaining acclaim, one that even the Reformers balk at modeling after. The Death Korps of Krieg.

Those that favor the Kriegers, see a model of the future. A guardsman that doesn't hesitate. Doesn't doubt. Doesn't question. Fears nothing, and fulfills every order to the letter. And better yet, there is no end to them. Generals at the strategic level find the Death Korps of Krieg refreshing. Far too often, regiments have generals that don't understand their place, and seek to ask questions or meddle in affairs above them. Refusing orders, 'misinterpreting' commands, engaging in cowardly routs: such are the sins of the common general. Oh yes, on occasion there's one that rises above, heroes that make for stirring propaganda- but let's be honest. Heroes are not what victory is made of. Victory is made of attrition, of materiel, of being willing to fight longer than the other guy. Victory is the stuff Kriegers are made of. They don't need commissars. Their loyalty is beyond question. And they seemingly spring out of the dirt with their wondrous Vitae Wombs. They're practically a new breed of human, and should be welcomed.

Though the other factions are uneasy at this new model of guardsman, those in the Departmento Munitorium see the future in the Death Korps. Limitless guardsmen that will not break, grinding down all that oppose the Imperium. The anvil, to the maneuverable hammer of the Astartes. One day, these generals dream, all the guard will be like the Death Korps. Fearless. Unquestioning. Replaceable.

The Death Korps of Krieg for their part do not care. They can be found on every front, on every battlefield, wherever a soldier is called to die, a Krieger will march there to take his place. They do not question. They serve.

I remember seeing these threads when they first started
Can anyone give me a quick summary of what this is all about

If it's writefaging i could be interested

Gonna post a gem I found on one of the previous threads. And its LCB related.

Isha was rescued from Nurgle's mansion.

Emperor and Isha get married.

Lasting alliance of men and elves.

welp, if at-least one other finds it interesting too, may as well start constructing some writefaggotry.

Holy fucking shit that was harrowing.

It raises the Kriegers from some post-apocalyptic remnant regiments of the GW timeline into something far more significant and awful; a new breed of disposable human. And the high up love them for it and want to the practice to spread.

One big blob of hyper concentrated Grimdark to offer contrast to the Nobledark.

And after total global unification (bar Hy Brasil) it came to look like this.

As the person who did this OVER 9,000 hours in paint job on the map does anyone have suggestions for further alterations?

Someone in pervious thread suggested that San Marino has survived or remerged in the AoS as once again a trade republic know as Saminanno in a state of semi-autonomous from Europia.

Dream of conquering the world, never got their shit together quickly enough to pull it off.

Subjugated their impoverished neighbours to the north who had some considerable time previously been subject to Ursh slapping their shit with salvaged nukes. Received kicking but managed to just about hold them off. Got raided mercilessly by the Nordyc of Skand after that and they never had a hope of recovery before Merika rolled in and "Liberated" them.

Similar thing happened to the relatively prosperous south border states. Half of tem got swallowed up, other half pledged allegiance to Hy Brasil on the basis that out of the two subjugation under the southern nation was the lesser of two evils.

All the while the border keeps on being pushed west into the lands of the tribals and the micro-nations and the river kingdoms and the gene-spliced hippie communes.

Their assaults and swallowing up of the Skandian lands was probably a contributing factor to Malcador's success in unifying them into a cohesive nation before persuading them to join the Imperium.

Everything bar the Military is kind of shit.

It's all Fallout but greener in the north and east, Mad Max in the south, Book of Eli in the centre and freaky weird mutants and shit in the west. Also fortified city states in the west and some not totally shit river and coastal Fishermen Kingdoms.

I'm thinking The Enclave from Fallout but taking up most of the North American continent and way more cohesive.

They had carefully cultivated pseudo-Super Soldiers that were really little more than roided up drug addicted death row inmates promised freedom for victory.

the gene-splice hippies hid in the mountains and burned all their knowledge and stayed in places too inhospitable for baseline humanity until the Warlord went to them in person with no weapon in his hand.

What old tomes and living knowledge they had maintained was useful in refining the flaws out of the early Astartes.

Just some ideas.

bump

One last hopeful bump

This is good. It's pure Manifest Destiny.

Now all you need is Merika funding terrorist organizations in the Imperium in an attempt to destabilize it and it's 100% American.

This is really excellent. The generals loving Kriegers as model soldiers is pretty damn scary.

To elaborate a bit, Emps starts off as the Warlord, and is an ancient Man of Gold from the DaoT found and rescued by Malcador. After unifying Terra, he becomes the Steward of the Empty Throne, refusing to actually rule humanity and only taking care of it until a worthy emperor can be found.

Rescuing Isha is how Emps pisses off Chaos, instead of the stealing-Primarch-souls betrayal. This also means that the Primarchs are mostly normal (though exceptional) guys since they don't have magical chaos souls, and since this is nobledark none fell to Chaos (or at least no one has written a traitor yet).

So instead of Horus starting a rebellion, the War of the Beast gets moved up a couple years since Chaos manipulates the Orks to attack, and the Dark Eldar join in for the chance at plunder. Sangy dies, the war is won, and to cement the alliance Eldrad bullies the Steward into marrying Isha.

Goge Vandire rises through the ranks as a brilliant administrator, and the Steward thinks he has finally found a worthy Emperor of Man. He crowns Vandire and goes to retire on a beach somewhere. Vandire goes nuts, the Steward has to come back to clean shit up, and this time is forced to take the crown as Emperor by the collective demand of the Imperium.

The Imperium is relatively open, allowing religions to operate as long as they specifically do not worship the Emperor, and willing to accept sapient aliens that are willing to work together as long as they pay tithes and such. The Tau joined late in the game, with Ethereals arguing for greater integration and Farsight leading the isolationist faction.

To compensate for the increased competency of the Imperium, most of the xenos have gotten buffs, like the main Nid fleet reaching the galaxy in M41 instead of just scout fleets.

And so Men and Eldar stand against the dark, and there has been much waifufagging and writefagging. We always welcome new contributors (we need to keep this damn thing bumped) so go nuts and write what you like.

Anyone have any requests for something to be written?

Still need Khan, Corax, Horus, Dorn and Lion.

Also Fulgrim but there is the possibility of other user doing that.

To say nothing of more recent heroes and battles and worlds and such. It's a big Imperium, take a stab at what you like.

Hey, you do good work. Just wanted to let you know.

I'll take a stab at Corax. Is he still the moody 'nevermore' sort, or did we decide on something different for him?

Other than he started as a slave and became an astartes nothing is so far written beyond that he came from Bania.

Someone in previous thread suggested that having him be a slave from the lands of Sino under cruel Ursh occupation would work better because then he could have been partly responsible for the raising of rebellions to disrupt Ursh and welcome in the Warlord.

Well, those two features don't clash. I'll incorporate them. This will probably take a long while though.

Yeah, the thought was that leading a slave revolt would inform his use of sneaky sabotage tactics.

If he's from Bania (Which seems to cover Greece/Egypt from the map at ) there's some historical slave revolts that could serve as fertile fodder to work from for a historical parallel (On the precedent of original 40k parallel of Jaghatai Khan=Temujin). Could be an uprising of Helots. Or, maybe that'd be a bit too much. Raven Guard=Sneaky with jetpacks vs Night Lords=Sneaky with torture.

It only covered Egypt after shit got absorbed into the fledgling Imperium.

Before that it looked like

Ah, I misunderstood. Thank you.

Greece and general viscinity twas mostly wrecked by Ursh save for Macedonia, until Warlord found them and made the mistake of peering into Perty's ohgodwhat.png head

I honestly expected this to drop off into the archives again overnight, but...damn, it's alive and kicking again. Y'all done gud.

Hoooooly shit I fucking love this. Gonna see if I can get it edited in the near future, since I'm sick to death of doing Ye Olde Prymurk Biographies. But this, this is fantastic. Particularly how sometimes pragmatism is the greater part of nobleness (nobility? noblification?)

See and Anything in the OP is being craved for, although we still have some Primarchs to be done, as well as history and individual WotB stuff. Also, pretty much all Xenos bar Craftweldar need kinda more fleshing out. See Nice job senpai, also really liking the idea of San Marino still being a thing (for shits and giggles mostly).

This all sounds hella good, and I'd laugh at but it's just too true.

>much waifufagging and writefagging
>waifufagging
no there hasn- [hnnng.bmp]

I'm imagining something between corporate/manifest destiny post apocalypse america and nuked out 1984/Brazil style brutalist madness. Trying to start writing, worried it will drift off into unusable places.

Unusual places are where we need to go.

Well I'm considering having Merica skirt the borders is being slaaneshi, and a fucked up human mass production program as part of fulgrim's origins. I'm curious where the conquest of Ursh is supposed to be before or after merica, it seems pertinent to the level of excess and panic Fulgrim is dealing with in his youth.

I would have Merika be brought into direct conflict with the Imperium after the back is broken with Ursh but not yet totally destroyed.

Ursh is still holding onto Japanic, Khanate, Sibar and Sino lands but the Warlord has taken future Moscow and set up what will one day be know as The Imperial Palace coincidentally where the Kremlin once was. So yes Kremlin vs White House is a thing and it isn't a cold war this time.

It's why Fulgrim was an actual full Astartes this time, the design fixed with Hippie bio-tech go enough as tribute by fleeing Hippie scientists.

Calbi was captured first and Dorn was probably one of the last early stage Astartes.

Cool. I'm thinking he will be a test tube baby of some kind, a particularly pretty vat grown worker that comes to prominence serving in the labs of the Chemos Productive Dominion. This builds a basis for a friendship with ferrus manus and retains some of his mirror-sangunius qualities

Is anyone good enough at wiki formatting to upload some of the images to the 1d4chan page? Particularly the maps of Terra and the one diagram detailing the different Space Marine iterations.

Have a bump and a brief continuation.

Ylsanor gave the last fibers of wraithbone another psychic nudge, reinforcing the tiny hole that would allow the armor plate to be screwed to the frame. There! Now to compare it to the original.

Three dozen points of comparison that had to be exactly right, not counting the inner curve of the plate itself. Still, that wasn't much worse than the more intricate components of ordinary armor. Humans couldn't appreciate the amount of finesse demanded by the art of Bonesinging.

The plate fit. Yes!

Ylsanor didn't exactly expect part-wraithbone augmetics to become standard throughout the Imperium. On her own homeworld, however, and the handful of similar planets where Human and Eldar lived side by sideā€¦

If I find time today I will give it a try.

Moar?

>eldar with freckles
Waifu/10

Have a clown-themed/aesthetic space elf waifu aswell.

... Eep, someone asked for my writing!
There may be another installment if I have time tomorrow.

Ylsanor's main contact was Erek Gathmann, the only techpriest she'd been able to find with an open interest in the mechanical applications of wraithbone. He was considered a bit of a radical, but you didn't tend to find any other kind of Mechanicus adept voluntarily working alongside Eldar. He wasn't quite radical enough to get in trouble for it, and his personality complemented hers as well as his interests. (Even if that did make the other tech-adepts call them "a pair of overgrown children"-- honestly, you'd think that people who routinely augmented their own ears might realize when someone with naturally keener senses could hear them!)

For all Gathmann's curiosity and flexibility, though, he was still a techpriest. Ylsanor was firmly relegated to the sidelines when the time came to actually put the pieces together. At least she got to watch. Gathmann worked more slowly than usual as he joined metal and wire to wraithbone-- he had to feel out what the machine wanted, he'd said. Ylsanor couldn't sense any psychic presence beyond the existence of the wraithbone, but didn't bother to mention that. She had no doubt that wiser Eldar than herself had brought it up many times before. And the Mechanicus did get good results from their machines more often than not, so who was she to say that there wasn't something to it?

As interested as she was in the process, Ylsanor occasionally glanced at what she could see of Gathmann's own augmetics. He had an awful lot of them, although neither hand had been completely replaced yet. She contemplated the adjustments to the wraithbone finger sheaths that might be needed to accommodate tools and other features; they hadn't tried anything fancier than a basic replacement limb for their prototype.

Do they get "heretical" with each other?

As previously discussed or posted in the previous two threads:

How'd anti human-eldar alliance racist-xenophobe-rebel-separatists work out? Surely there'd be such a splinter group, both human and eldar.

NOT my intention, but I've already noticed that the narration seems to be hinting at the possibility. Perhaps Ylsanor has her own ideas on the matter...

I'll be honest, I'm quite interested in developing that idea, if no one claims dibs on it.

Assuming the thread lives long enough for that...

Stay alive until I wake up, that's all I ask.

No dibs are truly called until writefagging has started.

That could be the reason why the Warlord finally decides to do something about them.

Up till that point they had done nothing that he hadn't done, if not quite as well.

Up till that point he was going to write them off like he did with Hy Brasil. The whole point of the Imperium and Unification was to safe guard the future of humanity and to bring up the basic quality of life to a less shit minimum. Hy Brasil had that already and so there was no reason to hurry their inclusion. Warlord was clinically immortal. He could wait a thousand years and more.

Merika was put in the same boat until they started trying to Manifest Destiney the Imperium.

But covertly handing high tech weapons over to what's left of Ursh, supplying and training separatists and extremists to tear the new Imperium apart from inside and stealthy dropping a couple of vials of Double-Anthrax in a few big cities was a step too far.

War was declared. Merika tried to play the injured party against the Imperial Aggressor to the international community. Sadly the International community by that point consisted of the Imperium, less than half of Ursh, Hy Brasil who didn't like them very much at all and weird but small exceptions like Saminanno and Litshtin (Lichtenstein) Mountain Fortress.

Dorhai craftworld won't ever join the Imperium.

They kill mon'keigh elder and human alike on sight believing themselves to be the last pure elder left.

Even the Harlequins have stopped visiting them.

The elder supremacists from other craftworlds have migrated there and it is no longer considered a minor craftworld.

For the most part they are isolationist. Sometimes their farseers will order them to attack a weak target for reasons unknown to even Imperium Farseers.

They tried to assassinate Sister Jubblowski for """stealing""" Isha's blessing. The Imperial retribution for this insult got derailed by a Hivefleet tearing into Ultramar.

It's probable that the assassination attempt was a miscalculation on Dorhai's part as they are now firmly on the Imperium's little list.

Yanno, sometimes it bugs me when people draw Eldar like regular human chicks with pointy ears... but the proportions in that picture go just a little too far to the opposite extreme.

They really nail the bitchy look of superiority though.

A bump for you.

>the International community by that point consisted of the Imperium, less than half of Ursh, Hy Brasil who didn't like them very much at all and weird but small exceptions
fucking kek'd

screams pic related

Assmasters nearly done, should be polished tonight or tomorrow. Will do Krieg next if it's mirrored on 1d4chan by then, or OC if tis not. See you, spehss mehreens.

Lichtenstein becomes Fallout Vault nation.

I can fucking dig that.

Last nation to join the Imperium, just after The Empty Throne was set up. They held out for so long by the effective method of not opening the door.

Just like my Hearts of Iron games!

???

In Hearts of Iron 4, forts are stupid strong. As in, playing Luxembourg, a shitty one province nation (Unfortunately, there's no Lichtenstein in Hearts of Iron 4) you can hold off the entire nazi war machine with a few thousand men with muskets sitting in bunkers.

This is less a bunch of people in a fortress and more a bunch of people refusing to open the big door.

Eventually they did open the door when one King Under the Mountain who knew no fear reached retirement age and decided to investigate outside once his replacement was installed. Believing this was the last way he would be useful and he had no more to offer his people.

Warlord, recently turned Steward, had been in communication for years beforehand with the 2 way radio at the door.

The Undermountain people wanted to believe the wars were over but had no reason to believe it. It was another 20 years before the door would open properly.

Krieg added to the 1d4chan page.

Please excuse clumsy execution. Hard to do on phone.

Well, I know the outline of what I want for the conclusion of Ylsanor's storylet, but it involves a perspective shift that doesn't want to be written. I'm going to keep trying for a few hours, though-- would really like to get it posted before the thread dies.

I'm sure it will be lovely

>one King Under the Mountain who knew no fear reached retirement age and decided to investigate outside once his replacement was installed
Fallout New2 Orleans plot confirmed. Honestly, "Overseer got old and curious" would make a welcome change from "something something fetch quest something WIN" that seems to effectively be the hook of all of them bar New Vegans

New^2, since 7chong evidently doesn't like superscript.

Bumpity

Honestly, things are sprawling enough that we might need to start organizing sub pages.

It's just that we have a lot of long passages, we could probably manage that with expandable sections.

Since more Primarchs are being written, I figured I'd post this diagram someone made a few threads ago and help clarify which Primarchs have gotten which augmentations. The following is taken from the 1d4chan page and the various fluff written:

Early Thunder Warrior - Angron

Refined TW - Perty, Mortarion

Early Astartes (Mk I) - Dorn, Khan

Canis Helix Astartes - Russ

Mk II Astartes - None written yet

Prototype Mk III Astartes (Grey Knight Pattern) - Sanguinius, Vulkan, Lion

Mass Production Mk III Astartes (Standard Astartes) - None written yet

Undefined Astartes (we've determined that they are Astartes, but not which Mark) - Corax, Fulgrim, though it seems from this thread Fulgrim is going to be Mk II

Baseline human (with rejuvenat treatments) - Guilliman, Magnus, Lorgar, Horus

Super Skitarii - Ferrus Manus

No idea - Kurze, Alpharius

And whatever we decide the 2 lost Primarchs are.

Bumping before bed

I think the only 3 chapters using the Mk III GK Variant are Grey Knights, Custodius and Sons of Antius.

The Refined Early Astartes could be Imperial Fists, Raven Guard and Night Lords and any other chapter/legion with missing organs.

Also is Soul Binding still a thing with astropaths?

I had no time yesterday. Today is more likely.

I am not good at computers but is done.

Terra maps in early history of Imperium section

Space Marine cladogram is in Primarchs section

I would say that yes Soul Binding is still a thing as it creates a reason for the Emperor to keep having to return to Earth to create them.

The Soul Binding could be a procedure that was supposed to link Men of Gold together back in the old Bountiful and Benevolent Terran Empire. Because the Emperor is last surviving MoG to create FTL communications network the procedure was adapted to psychic but otherwise baseline humanity.

Binding still burns out the ocular nerves in 98% of cases. This is because mere humans can't handle a fire that burns so hot.

This time the Emperor is not a vegetable or a total cunt. This time he can express his doubt as to whether someone can handle the Binding and survive and reject people accordingly.

Because there is still a mass immigration/pilgrimage of Psykers to Old Earth the rejects who decide to stay and their descendants have started to build up somewhat in the population. Psychic talent and training is one of Old Earth's exports. Was 2nd to Prospero before the 4th Black Crusade and the place got burned to the ground by angry Chaos Eldar. Much of Prospero's psychic population ended up on Old Earth because they wanted to be among their own kind.

Black Ships are less hellish. They perform a service to the Imperium and everyone knows it. With the population knowledgeable about the basics of Chaos and the hazards of the Warp few if any psykers resist invitation to the Black Ships. They know that they are going to Earth to be made safe one way or the other and there is little to fear.

Some of the Craftworlds and planet dwelling Eldar Enclaves also offer basic making your shit safe training as it is in their interest to do so.

The Primarchs can have different augmentations than their legions. Lorgar and Gulliman, for example, are both baseline humans while their legions are Astartes. Most legions would use the most updated model available, so most are going to be the Mk III MP Astartes with a few exceptions like the Iron Hands
and Space Wolves. I think someone described the Death Guard choosing to use a refined version of the early Astartes because of the faster augmentation time.

Agreed on the Grey Knights and Custodes, though I don't think we've brought up the Son of Antaeus at all.

I added the Son of Antaeus, thank you I wasn't sure how it was spelt.

In the main timeline they are described as super durable even by Marine standards. I thought this would be a good explanation in this AU as to why. They are Grey Knights without the magic.

I see your point. Also if the Death Guard are also the Always Crusading! All the Time! chapter then it would also make sense for them to adopt the faster creation process.

Maybe it's a method adopted by other groups that took up the Pilgrim Typhus' Templar Teachings.

So eldar have slutty ears?