Barbarian subclasses

Yes, anons, THREE subclasses of barbarians are coming this month. So, we've got an armored barbarian (battlerager), a generic barbarian (berserker) and a mystical spirit worshipper kind of guy (totem warrior). Which concepts do you think they will cover in those new subclasses?

Other urls found in this thread:

funin.space/compendium/power/Earth-Grasp-Rage.html
funin.space/compendium/power/Rage-of-the-Crimson-Hurricane.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>stealth-barbarian
>shouty bard-barbarian
>shaman-y barbarian who uses tattoos or herbs or something to access a gimped, limited spell list

Possibly punchy barbarian.

> shouty bard-barbarian
But valor bard already exists.

I'm hoping for a sort of Charisma Barbarian, focused around leading allies and intimidating enemies. Sort of a Warlord type thing.

It'd also be neat to see one that's focused on using thrown weapons, or at least has some benefits to using them so you can chuck a javelin at someone, then charge in and slam a longsword into them.

Not sure what the third thing could be. A spell barbarian might work, but Totem already covers that decently well.

>He isn't a bard-barian

Pic related

I want a Gotrek barbarian.

Slayers, basically.

>3 different Barbarian options!
>they're all trash
>because barbarians are trash

magic liking barbarian
magic hating barbarian

My bet is on shout barbarian (with ally buffs), slightly-different totem barbarian, and even-more-hitting-things barbarian, because WotC can't into originality.

It is going to be
>leader-type barbarian with area buffs
>eldritch barbarian with 4 levels of spells
>either empty-hands brawler or some weird kind of civilized barbarian.

>double dubs
Checked for truthful post.

Barbarian Shapeshifter
Barbarian Warlord
Druidic Barbarian

strawberry barbarian
chocolate barbarian
banana barbarian

I hope we get primal power barbarian

I liked being able to get so angry that I turn into a volcano in 4e

Combat maneuver Ragemaster barbarian

Doesn't path of the Berserker exist?

Beast master Barbarian would be neat

4e barbarians could become a volcano? What?

Biteybarian
Punchybarian
Scarybarian

>Barbearian
>Barbareian
>Barscarian

How about interesting ways to use the rage mechanic instead of things fluff related to the barbarian.
>Ploymorphing Rage
>Demonhost Rage
>Coldblooded Rage

funin.space/compendium/power/Earth-Grasp-Rage.html

By itself, this is one of the more mediocre level 5 barbarian daily attack powers, but if you have some method of consistently knocking enemies prone, the extra fire damage can be quite effective.

For comparison, perhaps the best-out-of-the-box level 5 barbarian daily attack power is this one, which applies the damage even to your original target and can automatically delete minions:
funin.space/compendium/power/Rage-of-the-Crimson-Hurricane.html

>Coldblooded Rage
I always called my dorf barb's rages "martial trances". He liked mushroom beer, bear meat, the colour taupe, cats for their aloofness and absolutely detested snails.

My party thinks I'm a fighter.

shapeshifter
fister
horse archer

you could roll a d6 every time he gets a chance to rage
>1-2 successful, highly effective rage. some collateral damage
>3-4 strips off his clothing and starts babbling. combat abilities diminished, opponents may be confused or frightened
>5-6 just gets really sad

He once killed a whole platoon of orcs for killing one of his pet cats. With said cat, using it as an improvised weapon.

The cat was resurrected later, though.

Barbarian who gets so mad that he kills his allies

I really hope they don't make that mistake again

This should be the frenzy actually.
>Lasts 1m+CON, can't turn it off
>Kill anything in sight starting with enemies (unless you hate someone in your party)

>Shapeshifter

"You ever get so angry you turned into a bear?"

This is what it's going to be:

"Juggernaut" -- slow n steady, maybe grows in size or w/e

"Dervish" -- Barbarian who uses dex, finesse weapons, etc.

"Hulking Hurler" -- bonuses to thrown weapons n shit

screencap this

literal cancer

>tfw someone in my current gurps campaign insists on attacking party members if frenzied and close to them
He's one of the reasons I carry nonlethal weapons.

>Dervish
I want a DEX-barbarian so fucking bad. It's going to be like River Tam from Firefly. Slips into a trance and starts kicking ass with pinpoint strikes and super-precise-calculated moves.

>Barbarian
>The class about being an uncouth Untamed Warrior
>I want to be an Anime

Jesus fucking wept.

Literally a monk
>Muh we're all a merry band of friends with a single purpose and just kill enemies
Read a fucking book, a frenzy berserker is meant to loose all control.

Simple Definition of frenzy: great and often wild or uncontrolled activity

a : a temporary madness
b : a violent mental or emotional agitation

: intense usually wild and often disorderly compulsive or agitated activity

Literally the existing archetypes:
Totem barbarian
Battlerager
Berserker

These are the most obvious choices along with a warlord barbarian.

Alright. Give one good reason for anyone in the party to want Dragar McTardrage adventuring with them when he'll randomly try to kill them in fights.

If you don't have to change your character to accomadate the other players, they don't have to act out of character to accomadate yours.

If someone's gonna go for PKing while raging, I'm gonna old yeller that rabid dog.

Obviously we'll have

Thane

Elemental-based barbarian

Maybe a shifter Barbarian

>implying it's fun when some miminmaxed berserker brute has nearly killed party members several times for no real reason
Fucking no one in the group likes it. That's the only thing that matters, not the definition of the word "frenzy" you turboautist.
In-group conflict is intriguing when it's a result of player agency, differing character goals and incompatible character personalities. There's no dramatic load to the brute having a X% chance to kill you, despite being a faithful and agreeable character.

Guys you're missing my point.

asks for a barbarian that kills indiscriminately on rage.

By definition that SHOULD be the frenzy berserker.

Why would you play him, how to balance him, whether he fits in a group or not etc is not what I am debating.

No, you're missing the point: it's an awful character option.

>warlord barbarian
Wolf totem, no?

>Ranged barbarian
>Minion controller barbarian
>Transformation barbarian

>Minion controller barbarian
>Minions
>5e