Warhammer 40,000 general

My little brother primarch can't be this heretically huge edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for the Emperor

word beaers a shit

Third for fuck blueberry gundams

Brothers? Time for a traditional Calth song.
REMOVE WORD BEARER remove word bearer
you are worse legion. you are the heretical idiot you are the heretic smell. return to calth. return to our calth cousins you may return to our world. you may live in our line of fire….ahahahaha, colchis we will never forgive you heretical word bears frak but frak you treacherous word bearer colchis is next...word bearer genocide best day of my life. take a bath dead word bearer..ahahahahahCOLCHIS WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget monarchia. lorgar we razed your perfect city, lorgar return your precious eye of terror….hahahahaha idiot word bearer and colchisian smell so bad..wow i can smell it.
REMOVE WORD BEARER FROM THE PREMISES! you will get purged. blood angels+dark angels+space wolves+ultramarines=kill colchis...you will monarchia/ guilliman alive in ultramar, guilliman making codex of ultramar. codex astartes guilliman ultramar. we are honorable and the greatest of them all them now because of guilliman...you are heretical stink word bearer...you live in a warp rift hahahaha, you live in eye of terror

>inb4 some faggot claims that tau suits are power armour
No, you fucking shit, they are literally scaled down/shitty gundams.

Can make some interesting conversions with them.

This guy gets it

Take it up with GW.

>If a titanfall mech had down syndrome

Yep, interesting.

Tenth for Blueberry Gundams are alright.

How do we make the Tau more alien?

Tau Battlesuits don't look like Gundams at all. Have you people never watched it?

>talk about buying GW terrain
>not just using whatever shit you find laying around
I thought this game involved using your imagination...

Is running non-Mechanicum-aligned Knight houses alongside Mechanicus/Mechanicum non-fluffy?

The Mechanicus-aligned houses all look basically identical and fairly boring.

Question. Im a guard player and i want to add an allied detachment of Admech. How do i play Admech, whats a good build for Admech with Mech guard?
Are Dunecrawlers cute?

All Knights are aligned with the Mechanicum.

Í got tremendous help in the last thread, now I decided to bother you guys with beginner questions.

Lets start with
Which army is the least fielded and why?

That's what I thought. Good, then nobody will bitch when I potentially run a House Vyronii and a House Lakar Knight with some AdMech.

Sisters of Battle
Because vaginas

Sisters, because they're tough to get

Sisters of Battle. Because they haven't recieved new models or actual new rules since 2nd or 3rd edition (We're currently in 7th edition)

Oh yeah, GW designers are /TOTALLY/ original and never ever take concepts from other things ever.

Battlescribe is under-developed when it comes to Tinmen/Cogboys so how and what should I field for a Skitarii allied detachment? also, is there any benefit to fielding a set battle company over a custom CA detachment?

what would you do to get back cool rules like guard doctrines?

kill a man

I thought SoB was a good, well rounded army?

Anyway

What is the most common army fielded, and why?

Is it legal to put a brood coven in a unit of acolytes or metamorphs from a subterranean uprising and get the three dice to roll on cult ambush from the brood covens primus?

Space marines are the most common, simply because they have the most exposure.

I had my first gane today. I lost, but it was fun. Remember- some of us new players are happy to have fun with you.

>Using conversions as evidence

is the emperor technically a chaos god? like, the god of order? if the chaos god is a representation of the mind then wouldn't the emperor represent order and logic? sounds like a chaos god to me

My first game ever was a really small 200 points game where I had borrowed space marines against Orks, I had a crushing victory.
>it sparked my interest to the game

Latest game went like this
>I got a 1050 point Ork Army
>Mostly speedboyz
>Didnt really know what to do with them
>I played against Space Marines on bikes against a veteran player
>I got absolutely annihilated
>I still enjoyed it

I'm now getting my very own army.
And I think, veteran players are always happy to see new blood. Not just to crush us at every single turn, but like to see that the hobby is alive

>Orks get absolutely raped in both games

Hmmm I am starting to see a pattern here :^)

I'm an IG player and every time I go to my local game store I just want to buy the chimera/10man pack. But I need to stop. I don't have that much money to blow when nulen oil is 9 bucks a bottle.

Sadly, there's not many veteran players here at all; my opponent and I drove 45-ish minutes each to meet halfway. But yes, I think they line seeing new faces when they actually exist.

dont chaos gods live in the warp?

Well, I dont like thinking about our emperor as a chaos god, but the Legion of the Damned sure sounds like they're daemons of the emperor.

The lore is a mess, but the more mysterious it is, the more I like it

but he IS a god though. right?

>order
>chaos god
He might be considered a warp deity by now, yes?, but not a chaotic one, he's more akin to the eldar warp deities Than the chaos gods, whom are aspects of sentient beings emotions.

He's a gestalt psyker, he doesn't have the same origins as the chaos gods.

no, he is/was man emperor of mankind, a man like us.
Just more of a man than we will ever be in our lifetimes.

A pinnacle of human evolution so to say.
What we all would be, given thousands of generations.

But take what I say with a pinch of salt. I've just recently started to soak in the lore trough books

is it even possible for humanity to evolve like the emperor wanted them to at this point? hell, is it possible for ANYONE to evolve like that at this point? this whole damn galaxy is just one big stalemate at this point, no one losing anything and no one gaining anything.
>pic related is the emperor rn

>newfag detected
When the tau were released the designers openly admitted they took inspiration from "Japanese giant robot suits cartoons" when designing the tau battle suits.

>is it even possible for humanity to evolve like the emperor wanted them to at this point? hell, is it possible for ANYONE to evolve like that at this point?
Yes, the giant golden beacon that cast daemons away and guide the human galactic empire is enough proof there is still hope for mankind.

That doesn't mean Gundam user.

Remember, back then they only had Crisis suits, crisis suits with railguns on the shoulders, and Mark 1 stealth suits.

And Crisis if anything are based off of Shockwave from Transformers.

without said golden seat, Terra itself would have turned into a daemon infested shithole long ago.

There is still Emperor enough to hold immeasureable armies of chaos at bay, while making overpowered saints and legion of the damned.

Emperor might not be a god, but the writings of the Traitor Lorgar sure made him seem like one.
His deeds are nothing short of godly either

The is a, well, being that is constantly evolving

Constantly growing...

Until it will finally devour our galaxy

ok, then, lets say through plot magic, the emperor returns to mankind and gets off his golden throne, fully healed and ready to go, would he even make a difference? one of his main points was to cast religion out of a window, and now the teachings of the ecclesiarchy are so burned into the peoples minds that they'd burn the emperor himself for being a heretic for correcting them.

bump

fugg :DDD

>Changing goal posts

They still don't look like Gundams do they fuck clump?

He's not stupid you know? He rolled with mechanicum bullshit, he would have roll with the god bullshit too and slowly phasing it out little by little every generation until it disappeared, just like how he did with the other religions on Terra.

They are more gundam than transformers, robotech and even fucking pat labor.

how? even if he suggested the slightest change the inquisitors would lynch him

>they're more gundam than other things they're equally not like
okay

How good are Wraithguard without D-Scythes? "Pretty good" or "fuck this bullshit I'm never playing you again"? I want to include a squad of 5 with the normal gun at 1250 points, inside a Wave Serpent. The rest of my list is fairly tame.

I don't want to start getting "lol I won't play you" since that's never happened to me before. The idea here is that for fluff reasons they would be my Ulthwé Strike Force's Terminator- and Dreadnought-equivalents, who get sent to deal with the worst daemonic incursions that the Black Guardians wouldn't have a chance against. Even in death the best of the squad continue to serve under their guiding Farseer, because fuck Chaos. That sort of thing.

each one would represent a particular Guardian or Warlock who died doing cool shit in a past game

>Doesn't know of the Emperor ubber charisma
He made whole planets surrender and bend a knee at his mere presence user, some jhon doe would not be different.

Wraithguard afaik are only disgusting because of the scythes.

If the Tyranid fleet is so huge why do they need Genestealer Cults?

>Uh oh, I have nothing to back up my assertions
>Better just keep insisting white is black

You can't point to a single common feature, whereas other anons pointed out the same helmet designs in Transformers. Just give up.

>mfw I realised I've been baited by TIDF this whole time
Kill me now.

Advanced wave to soften targets and bring larger bomass to the attention of the hive mind.

They have no range, so they can be avoided fairly easily.

charisma wont work on fanatics, the imperium is just bunch of raving jihadists with no real purpose in life

>Multiple people calling you a fuckwit
>I-it's just TIDF

Strong counter point.

It does, but I will tell you from experience there's a big difference when you play on a board that LOOKS like a battlefield instead of a kitchen table.

It's worth the investment if you can financially afford it.

>yes, mon kigh, its the nids you should be worried about
oy vei, eldar greatest ally

>He's not stupid

All evidence points to the contrary.

>lynching literally the Emperor

If an inquisitor actually advocates that they'd be the one branded heretical

his best bet is to just join chaos

I've a question. What manner of curses are there in 40k. I mean I imagine that the black library uses in verse curse words like the vast majority of five ruin to avoid censorship, so what do they use? Asking as poor fag who doesn't have the books and didn't think it was worth making a thread over.

yes, and then the imperium would implode, making it already dead

Feth's a good one.

Emperor didn't want us to evolve, but once on the golden throne, he realizes he can't do anything about it and is doing his best to safeguard them and hope in time they become strong enough to protect themselves.

if he sees what they've become then he'd want to join chaos

>To soften Targets
Because otherwise that massive fleet which dwarfs the galaxy would have trouble taking over that one planet?

Genestealer Cults are stupid. It would make sense if they were just incidental cults that sprang up around Tyranids because of human stupidity, but the fact the genestealers cooperate with them means they are part of the Tyranid "strategy".

But whatever, Tyranids don't make any sense as a playable army in 40k anyway. What exactly are Tyranids doing scoring objectives and shit? They should only get VPs for killing the enemy. They don't care about capturing strategic points when eventually they are going to take the planet through sheer attrition and re-consume any biomass that was lost along the way.

Dunecrawlers are strange beasts. They re basically "Super Hydras", Some varient of leman russ, or a Rapier laser destroyer depending on the range and loadout. You can fight them with autocannons and missiles, relying on a number of low strength shots to get through the invuln save instead of a couple high-strength shots to get through heavy armor like you would a Leman Russ.

>rare commodity
>5+ in a single army

They aren't rare anymore.

They're cranking them out in abundance now.

What's with the over baiting tonight?
Might as well start a new general at this point.

Okay, good to know. Thanks anons.

How is it used. Like fuck? Or is it the equivalent of something else?

>the emperor
>joining chaos
is that even possible

Yeah pretty much, but it's a bit more versatile. It's a forest god on Tanith.

Admech player here. Depends on if you wanna draw on skittarii or admech itself. As another user already said dune crawlers are solid. Couple of those are hard to shift. The skittarii troop chouse is solid, but doesn't offer anything spectacular to a guard player . The iron striders are pretty good. Points wise they cheap, and if you run a decent number they hit like a truck. ON the admech codex side....not to much to offer really. I mean I absolutely live the bay maxes. They are point intensive, but I find that they work for me really well. That being said I don't think they good enough for you to pick up one of them and not just get more vehicles. The elites from the admech book are all trash. The troop choice is good. A little slow, but they make good gun platforms, and 18 grav shots at more than 30 inches is nasty, but again, I don't know that it's enough to entice you.

hey guys so i have this cool trip to the space hulk planned for me and my gf in december

what do you guys do for fun on a space hulk? surely at the very least there are souvenir shops

Hmm. Thank you, are there any others you can think of? Or do you have any examples for feth?

They are. The problem is that most things aren't fair and well rounded.

Also, they're the least fielded because a basic troop choice costs $100. If I were to buy the list I use at 1000 points from GW right now, it would cost me a little over $580.

Genestealers are a homing beacon to the fleets to point them to places that'll make for good eating. The cult is just to make sure the beacons stay alive long enough.

Tyranids totally go for strategic points, they're actually very reactive and can pinpoint strategic advantages to cause the other side problems.

Play any games recently?

Fug, Gak, Frak, Orks use Zog. Throne, too.

Fething Gakhead, Fether, Feth it.

Wot da Zog?

Throne Damn It!

I'd guess Eldar swear on Khaine, maybe.

Yeh. Three Chaos Bikers failed to kill an IG Company Commander on the charge, assault went on for three turns with no wounds being dealt by either side, then the company commanded decided he'd had enough and punched all three of them to death.

Fucking Imperials.

Yesterday. I played Admech, other guy ran Crons. My Kastelans tanked like champions.

People play 40k?

What do you think the Lamenters are doing right now?
Also if the Lamenters ever come back, I want them to have the hypest return in the entirety of 40k lore.

Fighting the good fight of course. Shielding imperial citizens with their own bodies and delivering the Emperors exploding leaden hatred with their holy Bolters.