Time to Question aesthetic

Alright Veeky Forums
question of the day:
Space marines with robes or without?
Why or why not?
Also if you don't like the robes what other aesthetic choice do you prefer? Purity seals, heraldry, medals, crowns etc.

Space Marines with robes, purely for the chance to see one of them trip on them and fall. It would be hilarious.

Robes look badass and probably make the guy wearing it feel badass, thus more effective soldier.
I fully support wearing them as long as they are combat-tailored as to not have happen

True true
BUT
What about revolving door, rhino doors, land raider doors etc.
Don't you think at least one marine has gotten stuck in those on a glorious charge?

If he wasn't prepared to wear robes he wouldn't be wearing robes. You notice most robe-wearers are senior marines, who are either experienced enough to know how to pull off robes over armor, or aren't running around as much.

Marine robes tend to be pretty conservative. They don't go in for mile-long capes - which is surprising, come to think of it, with how over-the-top and impractical 40k is. You'd think there'd be more marines with enormous, flowing robes n shit.

I would like to see them wear more stuff over their armor.

Some kind of coat or something would be neat to see or something akin to sandal straps around the legs (with holsters/sheaths for daggers and bolt pistols.

But how are you going to cleanse the galaxy with a dress?! Real marines wear aprons!

PURGE THE UNCLEAN!

For all intents and purposes those are technically robes

Are you legitimately retarded?

Do you actually think a 1-tonne object with 20 tonnes of lifting strength is going to trip because it stepped on the robe its wearing? I bet tanks must grind to a halt when they accidentally run over police tape too.

True
But there are capes, no?
Draigo wears one, acolytes and apostles wear them, hell most chapter masters I've seen wear em

Yea I wish GW had robes tattered at the bottom from marines stepping on them. Most art depicts there absurdly long cloaks as untattered and clean

>dark angels wear robes
>dark angels are transfurryloyal homosexual heretics
robes are for faggots, real chapters are sons of dorn

Anybody know the artist name of the OP pic and this too btw?

As if a space Marine would wear a robe made of anything but the finest, most ridiculously tough material in the galaxy.

Iron Warriors have the best aesthetic of all the Space Marines. Traitor or otherwise.

Is it the hazard stripes?
Like I feel all the hazard stripes make em somewhat comedic
"Like do not step on this side of bolter" or "Stand 600 ft away from Iron Warrior in use"

As much as ornamentation as possible. Robes, cloaks, mantles, purity seals, lengths of holy parchment, heraldry, crowns, halos, I want the fucking gaudiest Space Marines possible.

Sanguinary priests then

>*revs chainsword*
>Danger close over!

Guess you could say that Iron Warriors are a ... cautionary tale

With. I have a thing for heavy armor under robes/capes/etc.

I didn't realize the Fists Exemplar had fans.

How's it feel knowing that your Primarch is inferior to Perturabo in nearly every way?

Go home Carlos

I like robes on Dark Angels, especially with added purity seals and personal heraldry.

Dave Gallagher

Gonna be That Guy and say pouches. Belt, chest rig, etc

Robes are cool, they look good and they cover up the hideous leg design marines have.