The Primarchs

Let's talk about the Primarchs, Veeky Forums. Who are they really? Why did they do what they did? Where are they now? And most importantly, what happened to the two missing ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Teutoburg_Forest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

From what I have been able to glean from this board...

They're a group of blokes that were created by the Emperor who either fucked everything up forever, or did nothing of consequence before then either dying or disappearing...

Oh, and there was that one guy who sacrificed himself...

and 2 are secret

well that about wraps it up!

goodnight everybody!
see ya round next week!

>Let's talk about the Primarchs, Veeky Forums. Who are they really?
Emprah needed generals to rule the galaxy.
Thats why they have different abilities. So they can be useful to the Big E. I dont think Empreror loves them.

>Why did they do what they did?

Some did not like the role of general(lorgar).Some felt unappreciated.Some got jealous.

>Where are they now?

They are scattered and some are dead. Some have become demons. Some still serve the Imperium.

>And most importantly, what happened to the two missing ones?

My take is that they turned out to be "wrong".
Emperor did not like what they turned out to be.They were purged.I dont remember whether he purged as soon as he found them or after they joined the crusade.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Teutoburg_Forest

>They were purged
What in Terra's name was terrible enough to get them purged when we have unpurged traitors like Horus and Magnus? Seriously, WHAT could be more terrible than joining chaos and killing(ish) the emperor?

One Primarch joined the Interrex and was put down, the other was born into the eye of terror and corrupted to chaos from day one.

excellent one, user

Explain. Sauce?

Source: My Ass

My headcaanon is that one of the two lost primarchs was a female one, and that the emperor had her killed because he was terrified at the idea of a whole race of superhuman beings that could throw him down or fall to chaos.
The realization that they were a one-shot tool from the beginning would have played a role during the heresy.

wrong again
they were both alpharius

Ok, it goes like this.

Horus - dead
Lorgar - demon
Perturabo - demon
Curze - dead
Alpharius - dead
Angron - demon
Magnus - demon
Mortarion - demon
Flugrim - demon

Gonna skip the loyal ones because they are all dead. Them being lost somewhere is just tales or their genesons not being able to cope with the fact that if a demigod who's actions shaped the galaxy in the short span of his life suddenly does nothing for ten thousand years he is obviusly dead.

The answers in this thread are shit. You'd be better off looking them up on lexicanum op.

> Alpharius
> Dead
> SmilingAlphaLegionnaire.png

Never existed, it was all a marketing move, see, 20 sounds better than 18, also making the XX legion being lead by twins was the icing on the cake, so they said there were 20 (21) primarchs but in reality were only 18 (19).

maybe they were too well known to be purged

Morty is dead killed by Kaldro Draigo and Magnus got captured by the Ultra Marines . Fulgrim is insane and constantly fighting the demon that took his body and doesn't do anything.
Angron got killed by a group of Grey Knights and has been banished to the warp for another 10,000 years and can't do anything.
Pert and Lorgar don't do anything either.

>Vulkan is in Necron space prison
because hes black
Sang, Dorn, Ferrus: Dead
Kahn is riding around in the webway
Russ is just fighting shit in the warp probably the eye of terror
Corax is on the Emo Planet in the Eye of Terror.
Lion El' johnson and Roboute Guilliman: are being bitches.

tl:dr
3 Traitors died, 3 Loyalist Died
the others don't do anything of consequence after the Hours Heresy

>female primarch as a result of early genetic error
>unable to kill the infant himself, due to father feels, he tosses her into a wormhole
>instead of being crushed to death, her innate psycher powers keep her alive
>she pops out on the other end of the hole, and crash-lands on a lost colony world in the far part of another galaxy
>due to wormhole shenanigans, millenia passed in the materium, but only a few seconds for the infant
>she is found by a kind barren couple, who adopt her
>3 years later, her colony is whiped out by a coalition of strangde xenos
>she is the only survivor, because she hid in a hole
>after a few days in the air vent, she is found by a kindly pair of avian xeno traders
>they adopt her and alter her genes so she can survive on their world and use their extreme tech
>they train her to be a warrior
>25 years later...

>before this, but after the emps lost his children, he goes out searching
>finds the other missing primarch, who has fallen into the warp
>his lost son is too angry and too demon infused to salvage
>unable to kill him, due to father feels, he seals him in a box instead
>only for him to reawaken in Doom 2016

>talk of these two.

At last, an excuse to post the update of my fanart.

If they're both lost primarchs, is this incest?

Quite possibly.

But given how genetically altered the lady is, and how demon altered the dude is, and that the only dna they have in common is the emperor (who has a genome that covers pretty much every human trait anyway) does it even count anymore?

Are you implying that's a problem?

Hillbillies, please go.

Probably the Emperor was going to purge Horus and his supporters once they were defeated. But after the Horus Heresy neither he nor the empire are in a position to expunge the Traitor Legions. By the time the traitor legions are pushed all the way back into the eye of terror and the worlds retaken, nobody has enough control over the Empire to accomplish something like that.

So I don't think it was severity of crime that made the difference, just ability to actually implement the punishment.

Well obviously in metagame terms it's simple: they wanted to leave room for mystery and perhaps further advance of the fiction later.

It appears that both were killed for crimes that at least the other Primarchs didn't recognize as Chaos. Otherwise they'd have known about the Warp and its effects. Can't be psyker or Magnus would have been purged too. And it can't be a crime or flaw that happened before he was discovered by the Emperor, because otherwise his corresponding Legion would have been merged into one of the existing ones (though perhaps that happened to the Ultramarines anyway).

So then you have to ask yourself what the other forbidden acts are. Cavorting with xenos comes immediately to mind. What if one of the Primarchs turns out to be creating a Legion of ReasonableMarines and forms an alliance with the Eldar? What if he disagrees with imperial policy?

Another possibility is genemoding. What if a Primarch turns out to be as gifted a geneticist (or lands among a planet of them) and starts minting a whole planet of superhumans? That's a transhuman path that the Emperor doesn't want to go down. He wants baseline genetic humans, perhaps sometimes modded after the fact for his purposes, but that's the limit. And here comes someone wanting to replace baseline humans with a RACE of primarchs.

Just thoughts. Either way, Malcador seems to have been more than sufficiently badass to have defeated them both.

>Who are they really?

The cause of and cure to a whole flight of bullshit lore and rules fuckery.

>Why did they do what they did?

Because GW literally lacked a competent writing staff beyond greasy weirdos who projected cartoon level stereotyping and wankery into them

>Where are they now?

Depends on the Primarch. Reading most sources suggests that the Chaos Ones DGAF about the universe and are happy to rule over their own little dominions.

The loyalists are all playing it super-secret so they don't have to come back home to a literal galaxy spanning legion of retards.

Absolutely nothing. The other two are actually imaginary and never existed, however the emperor told his creations there were two extras to just so he had the ability to use them as moral / philosophical examples to keep his kids in line.

Or, perhaps, one of the Primarchs was only purged for pretend. In reality, the Emperor wanted them to go underground to serve his own purposes. For example, what if one of the Primarchs was a blank? What if they were creating a whole Legion of Blanks to fight chaos with... a kind of Grey Knights before there were Grey Knights?

So then on Pluto or some other KBO, you have a fortress monestary. Painstakingly, the caretakers collect the best and brightest and most fit of the Blanks. Turn them into Space Marines. Train the living hell out of them. Then put them into stasis. Finding enough suitable candidates to make a Legion might well take ten thousand years. You've got female Blanks all ending up as sisters of silence, so maybe the males are quietly collected, evaluated, and the very best are put to some use as well...

In that world, their Primarch may be sitting invisibly in the outer system, patiently assembling a Legion strong enough to destroy the traitors, defeat Chaos, and close the Eye of Terror by virtue of their sheer soullessness.

Why was Horus covered in eyes even BEFORE his Heresy?

idk Sanguinius had a similar aesthetic

>Oh, and there was that one guy who sacrificed himself

Getting BTFO by Horus without putting up much of a fight is not sacrificing yourself. It's getting BTFO the fuck out

>One Primarch joined the Interrex

Oh you mean that irrelevant empire that was mentioned in a grand total of 20 pages in one of the first HH books?

1. There were 21 Primarchs not 20

2. Consorting with Xenos is not why 2 got purged. If that were why do you really think Fulgrim/Alpharius/Omegon/Horus etc etc would have ever considered having conversations with Xenos? Fuck, Fulgrim had a tea party with Eldrad

>21
Headcanon or sauce?

Forgetting about Omegon?

>female lost primarch
What if she was purged not only because she was born female, but was an extremely powerful psycher who got corrupted by tyranids?

>yfw the lost primarchs are Kerrigan and Samus.

I imagine that they were horrible accidents of science to begin with. The test tube baby equivalent of mutated incest hillbillies.

He gave them a chance anyway, but they and the space marines they 'sired' were just too in-viable.

THE TWO LOST PRIMARCHS FOUGHT IN THE CRUSADE AND MET THEIR BROTHERS!!!

I hate how this simple fact is always forgotten in discussions about them. Always some wanker theory of them being too mutated/female or shit.

Omegon might be one of those two missing Primarchs. Perhaps what got purged was that he was Alpharius's twin. Or perhaps when his legion was purged, he himself faked his death and escaped, eventually mimicking Alpharius's appearance and co-leading the 20th with him.

Read the damn thread, it's come up several times already.

I mean, to be fair, I find the idea of the lost primarchs being mutated or female to be far more interesting than
>more giant beefy dudes who got corrupted.jpg by chaos.

They were [/spoiler]women[/spoiler]

It didn't though. Just fanfiction and headcanon.

Putting a chink in the armor of a guy empowered by four gods after fighting for days non-stop is far from BTFO.

>what happened to the two missing ones

One became My Dudes, the other one became Your Dudes.

Here's it summed up for ya.

They are the reason why mankind knows you cannot discuss skub for too long.

kek

It wasn't marketing, it was the way for people to fit their custom painted armies into cannon back in the day.

Whose that between Rogal and Khan?
Also that look Magnus is giving Angron.

Lorgar

He got royally BTFO you moron

> Yes, he got BTFO. After fighting an unending hoard of Chaos Undivided for nearly a week nonstop and alone.

1ksons and SoH got me good

>Morty is dead killed by Kaldro Draigo
>demon
>dead

>Magnus got captured by the Ultra Marines
So how long until the Smurfs are fucked?

The unly absolute confirmed dead traitor Primarch are Curze and Horus.
Alpharius and/or Omegon may be dead or not.
The rest are demons now, they get banished for a while at best.

Lost it.

>Them being lost somewhere is just tales or their genesons not being able to cope with the fact that if a demigod who's actions shaped the galaxy in the short span of his life suddenly does nothing for ten thousand years he is obviusly dead.

I did not see my grandfather die, but since noone has seen him for 27 years I am pretty sure he's dead

The loyalist primarchs are all dead. Also, it says nowhere that after banishment it takes 10000 years for a daemon to comeback. And imprisoning a demonic primarch of just as planned is kinda the stupidest idea ever.