/swg/: This ship makes no fucking sense edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_F-15SE_Silent_Eagle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is the real life equivalent of the StealthX?

From last thread Also nice trips.

>What is the real life equivalent of the StealthX?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_F-15SE_Silent_Eagle

Classic chassis, stealth refit, niche market.

First for the Sith Empire once more ruling the galaxy.

This is coming in the mail.
VERY hyped.

>hyped for a book of screenshots

1. screenshots selected and ordered by Lucas
2. screenshots are from the uncompressed source files and as a videophile that makes me hard

Doesn't look BLACKED to me...

Probably a bit of a slowpoke.

Could chopper have ptsd?

He may be grieving his pilot

Holy shit, if droids can suffer from PTSD then the Clone War was a fucking travesty.

A question regarding Armada.

The Interdictor class cruiser was built in-fluff to keep ships from hyperspacing out, IIRC. But what's it for in Armada? Does it serve some niche purpose or is it just another ship? Does it have some sort of gimmick? Basically, what role does it play?

Interdictors iirc could also royally fuck with missile guidance systems, so I think that's it's gimmick maybe?

>that game
My childhood, and the first FPS I was allowed to play. Loved it. To this day, I still like it more than the sequel. Everyone's gotta be a goddamned jedi.

I don't play armada, but if I remember correctly it fucks with speed and deployment

>screenshots selected and ordered by Lucas

Wouldn't that just mean they're garbage, given "skill" he shown with prequels?

If they were stills selected by Marcia Lucas/Griffin, or by Irvin Kershner, you know, the people who made best SW movies *good*, I'd be all over it, but by that talentless hack? No thanks.

meme
tired meme at that

This webm made me realize that George isn't a hackand that the internet has shit opinions.

This webm is posted as evidence of George's hackery, but what it really shows is him giving the Utapau natives their memorable design + being very hands on.

Veeky Forums often takes a lot of BTS stuff out of context to shitpost.

They sort of struck gold with the Phantom Menace BTS (you know the one) because a lot of that documentary was all about the worry and pressure of reviving Star Wars, so there was a lot of worried faces and remarks.

But after they bled that documentary dry by memeing it to oblivion, they moved on to other BTS stuff. For example, one of the common ones is the clip of Obi-Wan hugging Dex, an easy go-to of "LOOK, LUCAS ONLY USES CGI NOW", while ironically ignoring that McGregor is standing in one of the many practical sets in the trilogy.

Then they find little clips like this, again trying to take them out of context. "Look, Lucas totally just RUINED this guys model, what a HACK!"

TL;DR - People are so caught up on this charade of Lucas being a bad filmmaker that they resort to lies and slander and out-of-context clips to try and belittle him.

What about most actors complaining about his direction?

>most actors
>most

See? Hyperbole.

Depends on what upgrades you equip.
-G8 projectors let you slow enemy ships during their maneuver
-GX7 projectors create a bubble that forces ships to start at speed 0 during deployment
-Grav Shift Reroute lets you move obstacles after setup
-Targeting scrambler forces the enemy to reroll attack dice a short range when you are within a certain distance of the target

Actors complain about fucking everything. Have you met an actor?

See? Hyperbole.

Being hands on didn't solve the pacing issues.

Or the shot-reverse shot compositions

Or the fucked up CGI lighting sources that didn't match up with the lighting on the actors.

Or the supposedly massive Clone Wars only take place over the course of three years.

Or the inconsistencies between the trilogies.

Or the much worse dialogue.
But yes, the design work involved was very good.

>Or the shot-reverse shot compositions
Plinkett drone detected.
Shot reverse shot is not even close to a sign of bad filmmaking.
The fact that he actuall keeps the fucking camera still is a fucking blessing in today's movie world.

>pacing issues
"bad pacing" is the cry of the idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

>Or the supposedly massive Clone Wars only take place over the course of three years.

>WW2
>six years

>Or the inconsistencies between the trilogies.
The OT contradicts ITSELF.

Worldbuilding =/= directing.
Being able to create an iconic setting with widely loved and recognisable attributes and props, while admirable and certainly worth respect, doesn't make you a good director.

>Or the fucked up CGI lighting sources that didn't match up with the lighting on the actors.

>Or the much worse dialogue.
Ford said in '77 that Lucas's dialogue was shit.
NOT a PT exclusive problem.

The designs and the practical sets and models they used were fantastic. The costumes were fantastic. The planets looked beautiful.

But the direction sucked and the writing could have been a lot better.

>A war between nations takes twice the time of a galaxy-spanning civil war

>But the direction sucked
nope

>a war designed to end at a predetermined point by Palpatine
stay retarded

He said that the technobabble was shit, not the dialogue.

>Killing ten people sitting around a table immediately stops a galaxy spanning civil war
>Especially when your troops have just ganked their own generals

Stay retarded

>order the droids to shut down
Both the clones and the droids are no longer fighting.
The war is over.

Do you guys pretend to be retarded with this "not getting the prequels" meme or what?

Shot reverse shot isn't bad. Its a pedestrian, dull, and quick way to shoot two characters talking to each other, and he used it constantly in the Prequels. Which is bad.

The Pacing in Phantom Menace is atrocious. The Pod Race stops being fun around lap three, especially since it has no bearing on the main plot and we already know Anakin is a good pilot who becomes a Jedi. Worse is how the Coruscant scenes are simply The Council of Elrond in Space.

That's my point.

A few bad matte painting composition shots are nothing compared to every single scene in the Jedi Temple looking like this in Attack of the Clones.

The OT dialogue was buoyed by the actors at least rolling with it and making it more fun. Ewan McGregor was the only one who did that in the PT, and even he couldn't make "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" work.

Nice try, but he was talking about regular old dialogue.

>and even he couldn't make "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" work.
Why lie like this?
He says the line perfectly fine, there's no problem there.

Also, that shot of AOTC is great.
Better than matte paintings.

>That's my point.
see

Who exactly is giving that order? The leaders Anakin just killed?

>Shot reverse shot isn't bad. Its a pedestrian, dull, and quick way to shoot two characters talking to each other, and he used it constantly in the Prequels. Which is bad.
No, it's not. Saying it's bad doesn't make it bad.
>The Pacing in Phantom Menace is atrocious.
Again, just saying "the pacingis bad", doesn't mean anything. It's a meaningless statement.

I think the pacing of the Death Star segment of ANH is bad.
Doesn't mean it is.

Why does it even need to be black? Holographic shrouds exist. Could make it black in space, blueish grey within atmosphere.

Anakin himself.
PLEASE watch the movies you pretend to hate.

>Also, that shot of AOTC is great.
Now I know you're baiting.

>Yoda has no shadow

>The Jedi behind the pillar are casting a shadow within the pillar's shadow

Explain why those things are good, then. Saying "no it's not" is just as bad

Now look at the webm I posted.
The shuttle has a clearly different light source to the rest of the image, and in the next shot, the shuttle is so clearly a painting it hurts.

Yes, your AOTC shot is good in comparison.

>Hate
Who ever said I hated it? I had fun watching the prequels, I still hold them dear. I don't need to hate something to recognise its flaws.

>Explain why those things are good, then.
I already did.
They are good because Lucas actually sets the camera down and doesn't cut every .2 seconds.
When you are listening to two actors, all that is important is seeing their reactions at the appropriate times.
We don't need handheld-camera ten angles an actor to convey this.

The only genuinely bad part of that webm is Vader's head clipping through the Lambda as he walks down.

But you just posted a "flaw" that is explained in the movie.

Here
>Or the fucked up CGI lighting sources that didn't match up with the lighting on the actors.

The shuttle model's lighting is very off, compared to the rest of the scene.

But that's fine, because practical=good, CGI=bad.

>Worse is how the Coruscant scenes are simply The Council of Elrond in Space.
How is that bad at all.
Or unique to LOTR.
>council of elders/wise people is not something LOTR created, or even popularized.

So you are saying that Anakin shut off every single CIS droid in the galaxy from Mustafar? That's convenient.

All the leaders of the confederacy were hiding there.
How is that "convenient"?
They would be the ones with the means to do ti.

They were also very clearly dead.

????
They have the means to do it there.
Anakin kills them and gives the order.

This is really simple stuff.

Movies are a visual medium, especially pulp space fantasy ones. Anything that grinds the momentum of the plot (either action, travel, or characters in some other kind of peril) is a detriment.

It works in Lord of the Rings the Book because Tolkien is approaching from a mythic, historical level where repetition was common and its easier to flip a few pages if you don't care about a lore dump. It couldn't work as-is in the movie because its a bunch of people sitting around and talking in a fantasy Adventure movie, so they had to truncate it.

I'm not seeing that. The lighting on the shuttle changes and increases as it comes closer to the landing lights.

I see matte lines around the shuttle where its composited in, but nothing on the level of the Snowspeeders on Hoth.

Now THIS is a bad practical effect with poor camera choices.

Again, >shutting off trillions of droids at the push of a button from a backwater planet hidden in fuckoff nowhere

Fuck off back to /co/ or reddit or whatever hole you crawled out of.

Worlds finals are today. Anything or anybody you're rooting for? I just hope the final isn't palp defenders vs palp defenders.

see

>Movies are a visual medium,
And the Jedi temple and Council Chambers are a very visually stimulating locale.

Repeating it doesn't make it less stupid

It's not stupid at all.
I'm sorry that you can't accept that.

I'm sorry that you can't enjoy something without accepting that it may not be perfect.

imperfection=/=creating problems where none exist

That was clearly a Force Kick.

My money is on Dengar against something Imperial.

The brobots have been going strong too, real happy about that, they've always been a fun opponent.

I have no idea about X-Wangs but the tourney is making me want to pick the game up. As well as everything I hear.
But 40 euro is 40 euro and I have no idea if there'd be a crowd. I think it COULD work though. Store could do free demo days, they have a couple of model guys there who can even do customs if they like it...

No X-Wing scene around you? Not even in the next city?

I kinda hope Maarek wins. It's a victory for the EU and people who love the old flight sims.

Is that Etian and the clone commandos?

Either way cute/10

X-wing is officially the largest miniature war game in the world. It is bigger than 40k. Check your local stores, I'm sure you'll be surprised to find there's a community already running and hungry for new players.

>"videophile"
>wants supposedly pristine digital image from the highest quality master
>wants it sprayed onto dead tree pulp at mass market print resolution

At least the kids who make their parents buy piles of licensed merch can enjoy playing with their action figures for a few hours before going back to iPad games.

>wants it sprayed onto dead tree pulp at mass market print resolution
Nope.
Read before shitposting.
Way higher than mass market print resolution.
Plus, the guarantee of the image dynamics being perfect and at much higher color depth than BD.

Why does being a Lucas hater and being a reactionary idiot usually correlate?

Not that guy, but when did he ever say he hated Lucas?

here
I can sense his samefag.

With 9 hull, 9 total shields, 4 defense tokens, engineering rating 5, and its array of upgrade slots, an Interdictor can also tank a lot of shots it there is an objective you pretty much want to sit on. With an Engineering Team and a repair command dial, an Interdictor can regain 3 shields or discard 2 damage cards. An Engineering Team and a repair token can restore 2 shields or discard a damage card and move 1 shield to a different arc.

Also, you can use Targeting Scrambler on attacks targeting the Interdictor, right? Could you put Targeting Scramblers in both of a Suppression Refit's experimental slots? If so, you could make an Interdictor super tanky by playing a Suppression Refit with the Interdictor title, Engineering Team, and 2 Targeting Scramblers, for just 108 points.

I don't think you're cut to be a jedi, mate.

*swooshes paw*
You WILL go home and rethink your photoshop.

When do the Worlds Finals start?

Anyone here collect Topps Star Wars trading cards?

Stream should start in about 2 hours and a half, I believe

Words Finals for what, old friend?

I fondly 'member punching out a krayt dragon then punching out the rest of Jabba's guards.
It was a great time.

Goddamn this gave me a fucking giggle, and i dont know why.
>you didnt roger roger
>you werent there
>reboot in oil sweats every meatbag sleep cycle.
>the sound byte of blaster file, loopback in your sound card's dedicated systems
>your armature programs execute a command to aquire your issued blaster thats is no longer there
>you execute a volatile memory dump and return to shutdown state.
>clones in the wire

>one of your arm servos is still busted because your side lost and isn't there to replace it

>Attempt to use you G.I.D. (general issue droid) payout to recieve firmware updates for your work after the fighting, but the govt you served no longer exists.
>meatbags dont trusst you, and do not let their progeny units play near you

>On the bright side, Sgt. Maj. 60 isn't around to bitch about the painting standard anymore

>Unit! Your section designation paimt is outside of acceptable pattern coding.
>do you require a hard reboot unit?

>try to find odd jobs to pay for rising maintenece costs
>no one hires you because they think you are all gungan murders
>"remember naboo" and "naboo dindu" gets shouted at you every cycle

/swg/ im running a hime made story for a d20 saga edition group, and they have done some real neat stuff, but they havent really gotten past the "rebels good guys, imps badguys" thinking, and have done some real nasty shit to imperials. They believe thwy are still good guys, but i want them to see that not every imperial is a cold blooded, sith loving, jedi killing, planet destroying, back stabbin, two timin, steal yo money, steal yo girl, grade a, fucked in the head. Sadist, animal.

I want to give them the feel of an empire full of regular guys trying to survive, with a bunch of shit at the top, that trickles down.

There was a comic line by darkhorse i remember reading a long time ago about some imperial officer who has to fight some fucked up shit and is good friends with luke, who he almost shoots when he finds out luke is a rebel. It is a feels comic, with the imperial garrison feeling a lot like a turn of the century british expeditionary force.
I want that sort of feeling for the players so they stop bombing streets full of citizens to get at a single imperiial general.

Any ideas? Suggestions? anyone from /co/ know the comic?

It might be this?

TIE Bomber: · Captain Jonus (22)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE Shuttle (0)
Systems officer (2)
Fleet Officer (3)
TIE Bomber: · Tomax Bren (24)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE Bomber: · Major Rhymer (26)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Adv. Homing Missiles (3)
Adv. Homing Missiles (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

I call it 'Super Bombad Racing'

>I want that sort of feeling for the players so they stop bombing streets full of citizens to get at a single imperiial general.

I mean, even without the comic, wouldn't the natural consequences of this be enough to sway them? Civilians losing faith in the rebellion, intense scolding/punishment from their superiors, etc

Find a way to give Tomax Homing Missiles.

Seriously. Cluster Missiles don't really sync up with Crack Shot or Guidance chips, drop them, and find the points for Homers somehow.
Remove Plasma's and bring in some Seismics perhaps?

You have space on Rhymer, and the action economy thanks to Jonus.

No, see they see a metropolis built by slave species. So they see all tax paying imperials as buting into the imperial doctrine. They got a high value target, and 'taught' the imperials a lesson that to associate with Imperials, is to forfeit life. They essentially have the Curtis LeMay attitude.

The locals hate rebels because they bomb, and the rebels hate everyone else, bacause they are all rebel haters.

I want to break this cycle by adding some humanity.

> They got a high value target, and 'taught' the imperials a lesson that to associate with Imperials, is to forfeit life.

... That's kinda hardcore, though.
Like, 'suicide bombing for the cause is the next step' hardcore.

Yeah, try to bring some morality conflict into this. Maybe foreshadow it a bit, show an officer bringing some supplies to a Tarkintown or something.