Warhammer 40k General

Not Your Self Help Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/yQnbicat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yesterday I went to my LGS for a game to practice my harlequins:
1500 Harlequins:
Solitaire, Haywire Grenades (150)
3x Shadowseer, all ML2, Haywire, One with Mask of Secrets (105,90,90)
3x DJ, Haywire, One upgraded to Inriam's Spectre (65,65,70)
3x Troupe: Master, Embrace + 7 Players, 5x Kiss, 1x Embrace & 1x Ablative (181x3)
2x Skyweavers: 2 Skyweavers, Zephyrglaives (120x2)
Voidweaver, Prismatic Cannon (80)

Opponent's Necrons:
Decurion, not sure on the formations outside of:
Canoptek Harvest, 6x Wraiths, Spyder, Scarabs
Reclamation Legion
3x Tomb Blades
2x10 Warriors, 1 in ghost ark
CCB
10 Immortals in Night scythe
10 deathmarks

I rolled my warlord trait as +4 to sieze so I deployed 29" away from his models, allowing me to move up 6, and cast veil on each troupe to be 23" away ready for turn two.

I siezed and did just this. He moved his wraiths and tomb blades (WHY) forward up to the middle of the board, leaving both 17" away. Most of his units were between 20 and 22 away.

17" was too close though my turn two came, and my three troupes moved up rapidly. They each moved 6, ran at least 5" and prepared to charge. I got two troupes into the wraiths and one into the tomb blades, assuming I couldn't kill the wraiths in one round of combat and wanting that JOOCY first blood. I also had 'Kill a unit in combat' meaning I'd get 2 VPs. I used the unit with Inriam's for this as they were 1" from cover and had Shrouded, giving me a 2+ cover save if they aren't in combat.

In combat I removed 4 of the 6 wraiths, and as he was hitting me on 6s due to Fog of Dreams he only removed one Harlequin (and due to placement, it was one without a weapon upgrade). However, they were fearless so combat continued. The tomb blades were wiped and the troupe consolidated into combat.

Posted this in the previous thread at the last second.

Why the fuck do I suck at getting rid of mould lines?

I always end up destroying the model's details. They're hard as fuck to remove. Am I using a shitty hobby knife? Not holding it at the right angle?

How long should it take to clean the mould lines off a model?

I want my shit to be awesome. When I post a painted model here, I don't want crudely drawn circles showing me where I fucked up.

His CCB moved toward the Skyweavers but failed the charge of 5"! his warriors sat to keep an objective, and his ghost ark moved up to shoot the troupe out of combat. However he couldn't draw line of sight without moving over 6" and so had to snap fire guns. I lost no harlequins here, and in combat the two troupes fighting the wraiths were charged by scarabs and the spyder. Embraces mopped up the spider, while other attacks mopped up the last 2 wraiths.

My turn three, the solitaire blitzed towards his warriors in the backlines; a troupe prepared to kill a ghost ark, and the troupe that had just gotten out of combat moved towards his command barge. In assault I mopped up his units, leaving him with a squad of 10 warriors, and his reserves.
Luckily for him, they all came in.
He moved the night scythe on, popping the voidweaver & dropping out 10 immortals, who, combined with the recently transport-less warriors, killed an entire troupe with their shooting. His deathmarks came in and marked Inriam's unit, but the 2+ cover saved my ass.
I knew I had no hope of killing a night scythe so I focussed on the ground game, charging the warriors with my Solitaire and a troupe, while my four skyweavers and second (seriously weakened) troupe charged the immortals. I wiped the warriors but did ZERO wounds to the immortals thanks to some frankly unreal reanimations. We counted and he made 19 without taking a single wound. He killed nothing too so we piled in.
The next assault phase was more normal, and he lost 6 immortals before being swept.

Overall I won on objectives since he couldn't cap any as I was on him so quickly. However, I think he played the matchup really poorly and he could have done a few things differently to make his odds better:
Screening with chaff units to ensure a charge/being able to shoot the unit without cover or veil to protect it after the combat.
Move together as a group. He split up which allowed me to pick off the scariest elements of his list without fear of retalliation.
Overall, was a good game for learning harlequins, my third with them ever. I forgot a few things, like the Solitaire getting a kiss attack, but my gameplan seemed to work nearly flawlessly.

Is it better to bring many troops or few to spend on more valuable units?

Thread claimed by the Sisters.

Get fucked, heretics.

So can I rotate the colors of my vehicles?
My army colors are Red, Black and Orange (in that order) and I was thinking about painting each of my Rhinos a different main color (so one all Red, the next all Black, etc) and then invert the detail colors.

Will this be hard to show or look odd?
I figured it would help since not all my armies are WYSIWYG and I could said "Black Rhino has X, Orange Rhino has Y." That would be easier to keep track of I think.

To make it a bit more likely, just like they do now. Did you even think before posting?

I contest this thread in the name of the Imperial Guard! Surrender your arms of feel the full force of our arms.

How are you finding Harlequins overall?

I'm slowly working on some Harlies from Death Masque, but they seem like they're turbo-fucked if they god second and/or their opponent is able to get within average Veil range.

They're not really designed to be elf sufficient.

Anyone care to give me some color advice? My chaos legion is going to be dark red. I kind of want to have some varied elements, though. The airforce will be navy blue, since the models are Tzeentch anyhow. However, something I noticed when I actually started painting, is I kind of screwed this idea up from the start by choosing red, since Khorne elements are the same color as my main units.

tl;dr how should I spice this up. Paint the titans a different color? Make the Terminators and other drop troops part of the naval detachment?

How can you ally Skitarii to an army if they have no HQ?

Will people just allow you to sub a Dominus from the AdMech codex?

Just use their detachment?

First model painted in about eight years. What do you think?

Looks decent to me.

Paint's good, but the mold line of the tank is pretty visible.

You're probably not replacing the blades enough and not scraping at the right angle.

Unless you're cutting through a big piece of flash, you want to be dragging the blade BACKWARDS, in other words, bring it towards you while holding it so the sharp side is still facing away from you.

Played against a Knight army yesterday. Managed to tie the game with a pretty good K/D ratio trading a Russ for a Knight and killing one first turn. What are you doing Veeky Forums? Also bought another Demolisher to help build my tank company.

Going second is a pain, mitigated by good cover. You don't get slowed by it at all so hiding turn one is always a good shout, since you won't be running and charging until turn 2. Play smart with your ranged and pre-measure everything. Even average veil range (14") is going to fail half the time, and you'll then be guaranteed a charge with Crusader, Fleet, as well as running+charging.

I'm winning as much as I did with my dark eldar, but my LGS is pretty piss-poor competition wise.
You can get really fucked turn one, such as heavy flamers coming out of drop pods, but there's always going to be horrible matchups to play against for harlies (assault moves, flamers)

Hard to say that when only one of their formations (Cast of Players) is anything you'd take as an allied force. They're not *good* by any means, but they're fun to play.

Thanks for the response.

I'm gonna go slow as fuck and make sure I get everything with my new models. Fucking hate mould lines.

I don't want this to happen to me:

Nice report, sounds like it was a fun game! Always good to see people posting actual games in /40kg/ instead of just getting whining from the people who never actually play.

I'd give Harleys a try sometime if I didn't have so many other WIP models on my plate. Death Masque has seriously been tempting me, but I got half a GCult to finish and some Skitarii as well. My Skits absolutely DESTROYED at a 500pt tournament yesterday so I owe them a good paintjob.

You use the Skitarii Maniple Detachment in their Codex instead of the Allied Detachment.

Trying to finish painting my army so I can buy more models and repeat the process.

I'm thinking A) expand my already very large daemons army by exploiting the start collecting kits for cheap plague drones/blood crushers
B) pick up my guard/inquisition army again and expand it
C) Start a new army

Waiting for a big pile of cash.

Reading the Sisters Codex. Chilling. Cleaning shit off my PC. Learning more about the hobby.

Nothing, but next weekend I'll have some time and I'll get my tools back from my buddy. I'll have a game (probably 3-player free for all) and then work on my custom Darkstrider. Gonna make him Operator as fuck. Bandanna, eyepiece, converted carbine with wrapping, holstered thigh pistol and hiding behind a wrecked brick wall I'll build out of sprue on a 32mm base. Paintjob will also give him camouflage. Can't wait.

Yeah, I forgot about mold lines. Next one will have them removed before priming, I think

I played two games yesterday so I can always write up the second too!
They're fun to play, but painting them is a right pain in the arse. Definitely give those boys a shiny new paintjob if they deserve it

Just in case that user who was asking about allying in Skittarii or Admech is still around.

Admech or Skitarrii. Both have two troop choices, and in both cases both troop choices build out of one kit. For Admech we have Kataphron Breachers and Kataphron Destroyers. The Breachers are the "Melee" varient. They get a better Armor save and a fuck huge claw. They come standard with a Heavy Arc rifle (all hail Haywire) but can swap out for a torsion cannon which is Str 8 ap 1 and on an unsaved hit causes d3 wounds or hull points rather than just one. Destroyers are the "shooty" varient. They come stock with plasma, which can be swapped out for the grav gun of doom. They can also get either a phospor blaser or a flamer. Both Breachers and Destroyers have the battle servitor rule, which says that they can move and still fire as if they had remained stationary, but they can't run. T5 couple of wounds a piece. Skitarri have rangers and Vanguard. Vanguard come standard with cancer guns. On sixs it causes multiple wounds. And when vangaurd get locked in melee they reduce the other units toughness by 1. Rangers come with a precision shot 30 plus inch rapid fire sniper rifle and get move through cover. Both have a 6 up feel no pain. either can be kitted out with plasma, arc, or the transuranic arquebus, which is a 48 (i think, just going of memory) inch armorbane sniper.

Admech troops are pretty tough in my experience, and they put out good punishment, but they are expensive so you don't have very many of them

Skitarri troops are a lot cheaper. Think of them as slightly tougher guardsmen with really nice guns.

Also, if anyone is looking up at using some admech or skittarii and they want some more information before making purchases i can list off unit profiles if you need them.

>the troupe consolidated into combat
Eh?

CAD
-Chaos Lord 147pts
terminator armour, combi-melta, lightning claws, melta bomb, gift of mutation, combat fimilair
-Socerer 160pts
lvl 3, terminator armour, spell fimilair, gift of mutation

-10 chaos marines 203pts
power weapon for the champion, two plasma guns, close combat weapons
Rhino transport 45pts
dirge caster, dozer blades
-15 cultists 83pts
1 flamer, 8 autoguns

-5 terminators 187pts
heavy flamer, two combi-meltas, one lightning claw and one power fist
-hellbrute 105pts
reaper autocannon

-3 bikers 120pts
power weapon, gift of mutation, two meltas
-5 raptors 145pts
mark of slaanesh, power weapon, gift of mutation, melta gun

-5 havocs 105pts
three autocannons
-forgefiend 200pts
three ectoplasma cannons

1500/1500pts

The lord and the sorcerer deep strike with the termies while the chaos marine combat squad and go in the rhino, the champion jumps out with his four boys while the plasma guns fire from the safety of the rhino, good?

>troupe consolidated into combat.

into cover. My bad.

>Definitely give those boys a shiny new paintjob if they deserve it
Deserve is an understatement, they tabled Eldar in 2 turns, Space Wolves and Tau in 3, Necrons in 5. Never even had to play to objectives. Went 1-2 loss against another Skitarii player and the only other game that even came close to a loss was, hilariously enough, Orks (ended with 3 models left to his 1 locked in combat with the Dunecrawler still alive and he conceded).

Always good to see other Skitarii players. I'm the only one in my area.

I'm so damn excited about planning this first army of mine.
I havent been this excited about something since I got my hunting dog. Kinda funny, his name was Dice when translated into english.

How important is fodder for my up and coming Emperors Wrath force?

Something I can throw into the enemy while hammering them with my basilisks?
>and not giving a shit if hitting my own guys at the process

There were 3 of us at my LGS yesterday, but all of us just started collecting them, so the rest of the players are scrambling to learn how to deal with it lol.

Yeah, it can shake things up a bit. So straight Skitarii, or do you run any Admech? I run a mix myself (for fluff reasons, though it works out just fine mechanically).

>What are you doing Veeky Forums?

Building & painting more terrain, because I'm a slut for GW's kits.

Their smaller/scatter terrain isn't so good, though. Where's a decent place to pick some of that stuff up in the UK?

Right now I just have the Start Collecting set, so technically both since it includes the Dominus. I'm not sure how much I want to dip into the Cult Mech options yet. I was planning on doing Genestealer Cults as my main force but they're so expensive it's taking me awhile to build up a full horde, so I'll probably stick to small Ad Mech games for the foreseeable future.

How is this for a game against Space Wolves?
I decided not to go pure 2+ rerollable cheese but still want to bring some Black Knights to help move quick and take out some scarier targets.
Hoping to put up a good fight, all I know is that we are going to play a Maelstrom Mission.
I have 9 spare points so I figured an Auspex or Meltabombs may be all I can do with them.

HQ: Interrogator-Chaplain - 160pts
>Mace of Redemption, Bike

Elite: Ravenwing Command Squad - 250pts
>5 Black Knights, Apothecary, Ravenwing Banner

Troops:
Two Tactical Squads - 195pts ea
>10 Tactical Marines, Melta Gun, Combi-Melta, Rhino
Tactical Squad - 145pts
>5 Tactical Marines, Razorback w/ TL Lascannon

Fast Attack:
5 Ravenwing Black Knights - 200pts
Dark Talon - 160pts

Heavy Support:
Devastator Squad - 186pts
>9 Space Marines, 4 Missile Launchers

1491/1500

He will be bringing 3 units of Drop Pod Grey Hunters, some Long Fangs and the usual ~5 TWC with wolf lord.
Not sure what to expect besides all that.

Gotcha. Well, when you finish your xeno's if your not all tuckered out and are considering fleshing out an Admech list i do recommend it. They are a ton of fun to play, and they get so many quirky weapons its great.

I love terrain. Pic ?

What would be a good way to equip these guys? I've got a squad coming in and I was thinking all lightning claws with maybe one chainfist and one power fist for higher toughness

ZOG OFF YA GITZ! DIS THREAD BELONGS TO DA ORKZ!!!

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000

At first glance, remove all Gift of mutation, add another autocannon.

If you want to deepstrike at least try to get the terrain moving spell from geo so you can start on the board and dont have to worry about fucking up reserve rolls and arriving turn 4, hell they might be better footslogging depending on your opponent.

Remove combat familiar, one lightning claw and get a p. fist. It still +1 atk and more versatile.

9/10 times you wont benefit from dirge caster, remove it. Get a combi plasma, go boltguns, not ccw, you aint getting into melee with that loadout. You dont have combat squads btw. Although Im against the p. wpn, its fine

Get two more combi meltas for termi squad to reduce chances of dudes choking when you need em, Id switch h. flamer for combi melta but its fine.

Remove the MoS and the p. Weapons from bike champ, unit is too small to make it to melee, hell youll probably be jinking too much to even use the meltas. Try to get more bikes to make this work.

Forgefiend is fine.

Remember depends on your meta, but try to not leave things to chance even if youre chaos.

My ideal list would probably be just tons of Rangers, Dunecrawlers, and Dragoons, but the Dragoons much like GCults suffer from being very expensive in terms of dollar per point.

Crunchwise I also like the Kastelans but I hate the models. Not sure if I want to shell out for FW robots as proxies or wait til that new Imperial Armour comes out.

Only undercoated and not taken any pics yet, but what I'm working on right now was directly inspired by this. If I can roughly emulate that I'll be a happy man.

Didnt see raptor theyre fine, barring the GoM

You could probably get away with 1-2 infantry platoons in a CAD for cannon fodder.

My FLGS had a 3 round tournament yesterday and I took first! Pretty excited, it's only my third event I've participated in so it was pretty cool to win even if it was just a small showing.

Share some details man, what armies, pts, special rules?

The tournament was played at 1850 - normal maelstrom missions. The only real change is we play with the first strike idea instead of first blood. I played a pretty wonky Harlequins/Dark Eldar/Eldar list that I've been tinkering around with.

We had 14 players - a pretty nice mix of armies. We had SoB, 3x Regular Marine Armies, SWs, 2x Tau, Tyranids, Renegades and Heretics, CSM, Demons, Eldar, and my list. Some of those lists had allies and what not but those were the 'main' armies. I took 1st, Renegades took 2nd, and Tau took 3rd.

The 3 missions were Cleanse and Control, The Spoils of War, and Deadlock

Were you running minus leadership bombs? I've been doing that and am yet to lose a game with it. It's fucking filth against most armies.

I've not seen that concept - how does it work?

I was running

>Jetbike Autarch - Banshee Mask, Fusion Gun
>3x Jetbikes
>5x D-Scythe Wraiths

>Haemonculus - Webway
>5x Warriors - Double SC Venom

>6x Troupe - Master w/Caress & Haywire, 3x Caress, Starweaver
>6x Troupe - Master w/Caress & Haywire, 3x Caress, Starweaver
>6x Troupe - Master w/Caress & Haywire, 3x Embrace, Starweaver
>3x Skyweavers - Haywire and Glaives
>Voidweaver - Prismatic Cannon

The haemonculus makes the D-Scythes a bomb - deep strike on a 2+ on turn 2, no scatter. They're pretty nasty, they drop in and clean objectives and deathstars alike. The rest of the list is a super scooty army - it does pack 5 fast ObSec units with plenty of fire power. The Harlequins are much better than people think they are, especially when you can run and charge.

Does anybody use them?
I'm gonna have a full 9 with 2 vengeance weapon batteries and a bunch of techmarines because it'll be really funny.

Well, there are wargear options from Dark Eldar and Harlequins that reduce leadership:

Armour of Misery on an Archon/Succubus
Mask of Secrets on a Shadowseer
Archangel of Pain on an Archon/Succubus
Freakish Spectacle from Haemonculus Covens
Terrify on telepathy.
Shadow Spectres force all leadership tests to be on 3D6

The concept is using those -leaderships and hitting people with Psychic Shriek, Phantasm Grenade Launchers, Torment Grenade Launchers, even Mirror of Minds from a Shadowseer which can do infinite wounds to any model reduced to 5 leadership or less.

Gotcha - that's pretty rad. I own most of the pieces to try it out. I just ordered Doom of Mynamera as well. Fairly new to any form of 'competitive' play. Spent probably my first 2 years in the hobby just painting stuff.

It's nice. Do you have other GW buildings or DIY terrain ?

My 1500 list, utilising those traits is:
Eldar CAD:
Farseer on Bike, Spirit Stone of Anath'Lan, Singing Spear
Farseer on Bike, Singing Spear
Windriderx3, Scatter Lasers
Windriderx3, Scatter Lasers

DE CAD:
Archon, Armour of Misery, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
Archon, Archangel of Pain, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
Warriorsx5, Venom Dual SC
Warriorsx5, Venom Dual SC
Raider, Aethersails (Harlequins+Archons go in here)

Harlequins:
Cast of Players
5xTroupe, Embraces
Shadowseer ML2, Mask of Secrets
Death Jester

Faolchu's Blade
2x2 Skyweavers w/Zephyrglaives (These go with the Farseers to give reroll jink saves and Hit+Run to escape combat)
Voidweaver w/ Prismatic Cannon

I am considering changing the chapter tactics to my homebrew chapter. until now I have used the black templars rules but I'd like something more flexible since I can't use most of the new formations or detachments

which tactic should I choose considered that what I own is:

>terminator chapter master
>command squad
>2 tac squads
>2 razorbacks
>2 land speeders
>10 scouts
>ironclad dreadnought
>thunderfire cannon
>drop pod
>5 bikes

I can also ally my small deathwatch army to them

forgot to add 5 assault marines I just got from a trade and a land raider crusader.

Sure, though I'm not exactly a masterful painter. Not done anything DIY yet, though I may give it a shot when it comes to making smaller scatter terrain.

Competitively, the strongest way to play it is with Corsair Allies.
A seer council from eldar, running with a Corsair Prince w/ Shadowfield on a bike gives a 2++ rerollable at the front if you get fortune (Which you will, because you have a fucking seer council).
I've also seen people use those corsair allies to get a grotesque bomb in for a turn one charge with 10 big fuckers.
However, all freakshow lists are countered fairly heavily by:
Ignores cover - most of your things are kept safe with jinking
Transports - you cant reduce the leadership of stuff inside them, and popping them is your issue

Mymaera is a good book, play around with the corsair stuff in there because they're super fun

If I share my DoW sound files, would someone make a simple soundboard app with them?

>Raider, Aethersails (Harlequins+Archons go in here)
unfortunately as of the facebook-FAQ you cannot start in allied transports

which reminds me, is there any word when they release the final version? its been some time.

White Scars and Raven guard would fit well with your potential army lists, you could use the pinion or stormlance demi companies easily

So how does that work with pods that count as fast attack? No can start? Cause that may fuck with my playstyle a bit.

Yeah I was looking at some of the more traditionally strong builds. I think I'll buy the models to play with those lists but probably not use them at my FLGS events. The guys at my shop I don't think would enjoy playing against some of those lists.

I suppose this might count as DIY. Had an old and busted chimera lying about, awfully painted (young me fucking LOVED neon green), so I tried my hand at making a wreck. I have since been reliably informed that nothing could make the side of it pop off like that, but there's no salvaging that now.

It's okay, I'm not better.
You should try, you can do great with cheap things like cans, workshop boxes or sprues.
Just need to paint it and to add things like posters on it.

If you take a FA pod the only thing that can start in it is something from the same detachment. So you cannot start your BB allies in a drop pod.

No start in allied pods.
Gabriels drop dop rental service is down due to legal problems

Shitting dick nipples.

>Can an Infantry focused Guard Army like this list be effective? Also I have 106 points left what else should I take?

pastebin.com/yQnbicat

>according to the BRB
It's the same with grenades as well!

Reposting
I have 350 points left, what do I add?
Lvl 2 psyker (solo gonna give basiliks prescience)
Ccs in chimera, master of ordnance
Troops
Vets in chimera with melta and heavy flamer carapace x2
Fast attack
3 armoured sentinels with multilasers
Heavy support
3 basiliks
I left out various upgrades 1150/1500

how do they play? are they OP?
also will people bitch if my marines have count as bolters while instead are depicted with chainsword and bolt pistol? I don't really wish to risk ruining the minis since they are already painted...

I know the feeling - I own 3 drop pods, a sanguinary priest, and 5 scouts that are sitting on a shelf now.

Any news on the Premium Start Collecting boxes or Black Friday specials yet?

Well, someone might have tried to salvage the parts of the chimera. Then before they could make any progress on the salvage, the disturbed machine spirit told them to fuck off

Well whats pissing me off is i just bought them recently. New to the game. So now i'm kinda up shit creek without a paddle. Maybe i can pawn them or something.

That's ok, my local GW has ruled it's just a draft and to ignore all of it until it's official. I'll adapt when I need to!

You could strip your models if you want to edit them, but complaints over WYSIWYG would depend on who you're facing.
White scars and raven guard aren't inherently OP, White Scars favor bike armies and Raven Guard favor jump pack armies, but each provides other benefits

There is still hope they'll change it once the FAQ becomes 'official'. I doubt they'll bother ratifying the FAQ given that 8th is on the horizon.

There's a lot of things that are probably going to change in the FAQ.

Non-Space Marines getting access to rental Drop Pods is not one of them.

whats worthwhile to buy obv start collecting if just for the dunecrawler

Any idea when that drops?

Nothing in the real world maybe. For all we know an eldar titan with an impossibly sharp sword sliced right through the length of the hull.

I agree - that's why I've just gone ahead and adjusted what I've been doing. It isn't as if WarConvo isn't a good list still.

No clue - I think rumor mongers are suggesting next year?

>We can finally start maybe looking forward to GW deals again.
What a time to be alive.

Well the start collecting is always good, good value in those generally speaking. It really depends on what your looking for. What are you looking for? Specifically? I mean pretty much everything is at least decent if not quite good. Except the Admech codex elites. Damn those lighting priests are trash. Makes me very sad.

Sorry, my post in was probably useless. What i mean to say is are you looking to just build a Admech army, or are you looking for them as Battle Brothers for an army you have. If the latter, then what army, and what are you looking for in a Battle Brother?

Hello mirror me. Wanna compare War convos? I mean sure they'll be like 80 percent identical, but it will be interesting to see the swing.

Im a Blood Angels Player looking to have a second army around 1250 to play with at my local shop. we ususally do 2v2s. I like a nice mix of troop elite and heavy support. I am however going to have to start with baby steps. so probably going to get the start collecting box sometimes this year

+++ Tau Lite (499pts) +++

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (499pts) ++

+ HQ (50pts) +

Ethereal (50pts)

+ Elites (341pts) +

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (156pts)
····Crisis Shas'ui [2x Plasma Rifle]

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (55pts)
····Crisis Shas'ui [Advanced Targeting System, 2x Missile Pod]

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits (130pts)
····Ghostkeel Shas'vre [Fusion Collider, Twin-linked Flamer]

+ Troops (108pts) +

Strike Team (54pts) [6x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

Strike Team (54pts) [6x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

How's this for 500 points? I don't own the Ghostkeel yet, so if there's a better option that can be made with an Ethereal, six Crisis, and 20 Fire Warriors, I'm all ears.

Just starting to work on a 1500 pt list for an upcoming game, and I'm not sure what to do with the raptors I just bought.

Specifically, what to give to the Champion. Can he take a powerfist/lightning claw combo? Do I want him to?

I figure I'll throw a meltagun into the squad fo some anti-vehicle capabilities.

Thoughts?

It's fine.