You have 10 minutes to explain why planar bullshit doesn't immediately destroy the integrity and world building of any...

You have 10 minutes to explain why planar bullshit doesn't immediately destroy the integrity and world building of any setting.

Planescape is the biggest offender.

Common sense

I don't like it, and even if it does exist in the setting I'm currently DMing, I try to pay it as little attention as possible.
For Planescape/Spelljammer and other such things I have nothing but contempt, and I would not DM them if my players paid me to.

I think "immediately destroys the integrity and world building" is pretty strong, if your setting was designed from the ground up around planar hijinx it could work

but I do find it hugely uninteresting and disappointing to throw alternate worlds at a group of characters who are emotionally invested in a perfectly good world already

You have 10 minutes to explain how it does destroy the integrity and world building of any setting.

what is going on in this picture? who are these girls?

"Who gives a fuck about our world when there are a bajillion and one other worlds and some planes literally infinite in size?"

> You have 10 minutes to explain why planar bullshit doesn't immediately destroy the integrity and world building of any setting.
Chronicles of Amber. That is all.

How does a bajillion other worlds invalidate one?

There's 7.4+ billion people in this world, and you care about yourself.

"Who gives a fuck about my house when there are a bajillion and one other houses and some apartment buildings literally dozens of floors high?"

Eternal war between endless planes of demons and devils leads to endlessly powerful endless hordes of whatever endlessly rolling for anal circumference.

If characters' investment in the well-being of their world is broken by the existence of other planes, they weren't that invested in it to begin with.

...and?

The problem with Planescape is that it attempts to tackle a massive amount of space via its many planes which could all reliably fit on a single solar system in a tiny corner of a galaxy of a universe, and it doesn't use that space for anything meaningful.

There are less then a billion Modrons supposedly attempting to keep Mechanus in running order, and they're one of the more numerous types of outsider, in a machine that spans the size of a universe. And no, they cannot use magic to compensate for this, because their average cranial capacity is on par with a rat. The embodiment of logic does not adhere to actual logic!

Your house don't mean shit in the grand scale.

Yes, and? I don't give a fuck about the grand scale, I care about my scale. And in my scale, my house is very important.

that's not really what I meant, I guess I wasn't clear. I'm sure those characters will still want to protect their home plane from ruin, but if they're spending a lot of their time jumping around the multiverse, all the plot threads and personal relationships with NPCs and individual locations on the home plane are going to fall by the wayside.
none of that is entirely discarded or gone, just far less relevant. to me it's dishonest in a storytelling sense

And any plane collapses under a meatwave in an endlessly small period of time. Endlessly.

This is a good point. That's why in my original do not steal setting which doesn't shamelessly copy Great Wheel cosmology, nearly all planes wrap. For example if you float in the astral sea for long enough, you'll eventually reach the starting point.

That and some more mental gymnastics and I've got myself a fairly enjoyable setting with fun dimensions to explore but still with the main "world" being the most important.

What makes planar travelling different from any other way of travel? The party of adventuring merchants, or pirates, or globe-trotting archeologists, or a special ops team taking part in operations all over the globe would have the same problem.

It's from a roguelike called Elona, the woman buying alcohol is a player character and older sister to the green-haired kid.

The blonde's a pet you get fairly early on.

looks like Elona to me

Why does th blonde look so flustered and like she is hiding something from notsuba?

If you can't handle it, it just shows that you're boring and uncreative. Like a lot of shit Veeky Forums bitches about.

In a infinite multiverse neither does your world.

It's still yours.

My world matters, though.
t. Zaphod

But user, you live in an infinite universe. There's an infinite amount of iterations of your persona, this galaxy and this world.

Probably something about the player character buying a lot of alcohol like a drunk.

Yeah, but there's only one I grew up on. This one. All those strangers can keep their worlds.

Yeah, but this one's mine.

You can fuck npc when they drunk

Welcome to cosmic horror you big dum-dum.

Can you fuck NPCs when they're not drunk?

*googles*

No English translation. Welp.

Yeah if you are drunk or if you're a whore but they will not like you if they aren't drunk and you will catch some mutation shit if you are not drunk

Google elona plus

fug

How so?

Even if there are a bunch of Devil and Demons out there, it likely won't affect you unless you plot demands it or you go looking for it. In the end it's all background and the story is about Your Dudes.

Because planes don't exist, knucklehead.

What is this

So, what you're saying is that they were crashed? With no survivors?

Because if you put it in, it's part of the setting, so its not destroying anything.

But you still care about it.