Old armour mks in 40k

Specifically would any chapter have access to them in 40k? Basically I love the mk3 armour and I love flesh tearers would I be able to combine the two? By the time of 40k would there even be any around? Maybe they are still being produced in some backwater forgeworld ill equipped to make the newer mks? What are your thoughts?

It's 40k, nobody gives a shit about fluff and nobody will appreciate it, you're not gonna get people who care unless you play 30k, so just do whatever. You're gonna get tabled by unpainted Tau anyway.

If you paint mk. 3 in Flesh Tearers colors, evidently they have mk. 3 suits.

Space Sharks

They're around. they're used

This. Also, throw in a few Mk.III guys if you want. Just say they found a secret cache on a planet where they "accidentally" killed every single civilian after dealing with a minor ork invasion

Plenty of people quite obviously do care about fluff. Not everyone is a moronic asshole who only plays to table people with netlists.

Look through the forge world badab war book and you'll see chapters using a mix and match approach with their armor and you will see lots MkIII components in there as well as pretty much every other armor variant after mkIII.

This. You can usually write off heresy armor in 40k armies by saying they're relics or they were found in a forgotten cache. Also, using 30k armor in 40k is more fun because you can mix and match your favorite pieces with less people complaining about lore accuracy.

It's completely fine to have some marines have bits of older armor marks, or even entire suits.

If your entire Chapter is Mk III, however, you'll probably have to justify it (though even that's not hard - at the end of the day nobody really cares so long as it isn't radically against the fluff).

That's the thing I do care about fluff, I think it's not beyond the realm of possibility that a cache of mk3 could be found and used by a chapter like the flesh tearers. basically I was just wondering if there is a precedent of it happening. I'll have a read of the bad an war books thanks user.

I don't think you're going to find a picture of a Flesh Tearer in MkIII, or some passage in the books that goes "and then the Flesh Tearers found some Iron Armor". But the consensus in this thread seems to be just go for it, since it would probably look pimp and it's justifiable by most people's standards.

I invented a Minor Forge World that still produces Mk.III and Cataphractii Armor in the 41st Millenium.

You can jump on that train if you want to.

I would care.

>Basically I love the mk3 armour and I love flesh tearers would I be able to combine the two? By the time of 40k would there even be any around?
just do it. most people care for WYSIWYG so a bolter is a bolter a power armor is not termi armor etc.
If you want to go fluffy, no jumppacks for them, FW does not make them either. Armor too heavy, as it is not a standard armor but a more heavily protected version.
>By the time of 40k would there even be any around?
yes.relics from back then.Keep in mind the flesh tearers have a rather high attrition rate and therefore might have to use everything available.
> Maybe they are still being produced in some backwater forgeworld ill equipped to make the newer mks? What are your thoughts?
no. the older marks are not made anymore, afaik.

Flesh Tearers are second founding, they can reasonably have just about any heresy era war gear gathering dust on Cretacia

Oh and before I forget the plastic Mk3 come with ten chainswords (you are not planning on buyin FW, right?). Tactical marines do not have those, they only have bolter and boltpistol

>Non FW
>Mk3
you mean the ones included with the Prospero Set?

Space marines randomly find new stuff all the time when GW wants to release a new model. Just do it already. Make up your own head canon to fill in the blanks. At the end of the day its your army and your interpretation of the Flesh Tearers. If plastic Sisters come out, then I'm going to make up my own minor Order that follows the Promethean Cult to ally with my Salamanders for maximum flamer/melta adventures.

>tfw you're a Chaos edgelord and you have your Dark Mechanicus forge some choice armours of all kinds of designs just to piss people off

And yet they still seem to need to scavenge so much. I feel like the DarkMech would rather spend more time building daemon engines and whatever crazy shit their mad-scientist minds could cook up, rather than run efficient factories dedicated to producing select goods.

Raw materials are hard to come by, I reckon.
I mean most Defilers and Soul Grinders were supposed to be scavenged tanks, right? Molten down and repurposed?

The Red Scorpions and Carmine Blades both make use of Mark IV, but I believe that, in most cases, it's exclusive to Veterans.

MK 3 armor still seeds widespread use unlike MK 2 or MK IV because MK 3 is boarding armor. You slap that shit on when you want to get into a boarding torpedo. Melee champions wear MK 3 as well.

yes

I know Defilers were specially made for the Sons of Horus during the Heresy when the Traitor Legions still had access to a number of forge worlds. While supplies are likely limited compared to then, they likely follow similar principles, and probably aren't averse to scavenging parts from enemy vehicles to either use or melt down