What the fuck is this?

Can somebody tell me what the fuck is that PDF, or where is it from? I don't remember where I got it from, but if it wasn't for the rolltables and OSR notations, I would've thought this was some legitimate occult text.

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/165657/Broken-System-000?hot60=0&src=hnum
gameswithothers.blogspot.co.nz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dude, this is amazing and I have no idea what it is.

I can't be sure, but this may be from one of the 'Undercroft' zines. They're available at Drivethru.

found it. google "broken system (issue 0 - nov 2015)"

Looked at the pay-what-you-want one, and honestly I doubt it, the writing style is completely different, the page layout, the font, the illustrations, all completely different vibe.

I know, right?

holy shit this is it, thanks! got any more info on where it began or anything? doesn't seem like there was any more issues beyond 0th

This is amazing. It feels more like art than an RPG.

I would unironically pay money for more of this.

Do any of you guys have more weird Veeky Forums-related PDFs like this?

spooky.

drivethrurpg.com/product/165657/Broken-System-000?hot60=0&src=hnum

I really wish I knew the author, this is great stuff

bump, this is a cool thing and I hope more people see it.

Similar, not sure if same tho

this is pretty great as well, I will be home in ~12 hours, will see if I have anything to contribute with then if thread is still alive

If you like these, possibly also check out 'Fire on the Velvet Horizon'

For whatever reason, I think these are similar. Maybe it's the minimal description, but very evocative imagery.

this one less so now that I look at it closer, but what the hey

hello, I'm one half of the Broken System, as well as the Gearing Guides to the planes. I do also contribute to the Undercroft pretty regularly.

Broken System was a one-off colab with a guy I remade contact with, who sort of broke things off due to some heavy real-life shit. The Gearing Guides were me trying to achieve a similar effect to Broken System, to varying degrees of success.

The DriveThru pdf has more stuff and a cover.

I think I did like 4 of the guides on the blog? You guys can perform some detective work to find those, don't want to shill or anything.

Thanks for talking about the stuff, glad to know people like them and (hopefully?) use them.

>don't want to shill or anything
this is like the few times when shilling is ok, so go ahead

>blog
do shill, please

it's great inspiration fuel, I really like the way it's written - vague and ready to be adapted in any way, shape or form, without having to contort to fit some stated absolute context in the material. Definitely gonna use it in my Beast & Barbarians campaign, mist baronies lifted wholecloft and the demons as some mystical info found in ancient tomes.

antlerrr.blogspot.co.nz
It's a bit of a mixed bag, but what blog isn't amirite

reminds me of Fire On The Velvet Horizon a tad

lately I've been really liking this sort of vertical dungeon map, it's really flavorful(reminds me in fact a bit of how the Demon/Dark Souls/Bloodborne games lay out their worlds)

neat

sweet, do you happen to maybe also know about some other weird fantasy blogs? I'm not too fluent around the blogosphere, all the other blogs I know of are Tales of The Grotesque and Dungeonesque, and The Dungeon Dozen.

Off the top of my head
Goblin punch is whacky but fun
Straits of anain is amazing but dead
Stasis engine knocks it out the park reliably
There's others I'll have a dig when at PC

People comparing to fire on the velvet horizon, you have no idea how mad I was when that dropped during the production of broken system. It is good though. Do recommend it

Games With Others is a really good one(although it hasn't updated in more than a year);

gameswithothers.blogspot.co.nz

He's still active on g+. Seconding the rec though. Gloomtrain is great too

You (and the other guy) are both scholars and gentlemen.

And you make my dick rock hard.

Anyone have a pdf of Fire on the Velvet Horizon?

I had the feeling one of the guys who wrote Broken System would turn up in this thread.

Doesn't seem like it exists, there's only print on demand copies out there.

Unfortunate

Thread is losing some of its momentum. Aside from regular books on the subject, are standalone systems good reading for Weird Fantasy inspiration? Or it it mainly just OSR modules and settings? What ARE some good OSR Weird Fantasy books?
Bumping with Yoon-Suin the Purple Land

That's really interesting

Who's idea was it to make a dada-esk RPG 'zine? It's cool as shit

>He's still active on g+
mind linking his g+ account?

if I ever get a second copy printed up, I'll be sure to disassemble one of them to scan

Weird Adventures is a good one