Imperatus with a backache edition

Imperatus with a backache edition.

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Discord channel: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/KmXzbwD
museonminis.com/?s=fluffisode
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for join the Discord channel at discord.gg/KmXzbwD

We've actually got... conversation going. More would help.

I haven't played in a year. Anything new for Skorne / CoC?

Skorne got worse, CoC a terrible new Colossal, but generally got better in Mk3.

They're supposed to get a new theme in the next few months.

>Well, the good news is that CoC hasn't been kneecapped and left to bleed out in a run-down street.

What is this beautiful creature?

New Ret character jack, I think it's Helyenna's.

I can't recall its name offhand, but it's uncomfortably close to Harambe.

Lucant lost Purification.

CoC can induct three focus instead of one.

Played Mordikaar v Wurmwood today. It went a lot better than it could've. I knew my opponent and had barely lost to his Wurmwood before so he let me straight up counter list him. My list was premade, not tailored. I lost 5 Nihilators and a Bellows gobber to a Hellmouth because I fucked up a premeasure. My god that spell should not exist, it's just fucking disgusting, especially when you have access to arc nodes. I didn't cast Hollow all game because what's the point when my Nihilators are being pulled off the table. Instead I spent furying bringing back the Handlers I was Reviving to feed souls to my Soulwards. I lost purely because I didn't roll 4 on 2d6 to kill a solo, so Mordikaar burned a little too much fury finishing the job himself to make a Void Spirit, and a combination of Cassius + a Cannoneer landing on Mord ended it. Game was very close though. Here's my list, it's built to be a second list if I'm expecting infantry.

>(Mordikaar 1) Void Seer Mordikaar [+29]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Despoiler [18]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Void Spirit [4]
Void Spirit [4]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]

>Anything new for Skorne / CoC?
Massive nerfs / no.

The Fuck is Discord, user?

It's what you get when two frequencies that aren't prominent over/undertones of each other clash.

Una 2 spoilers please?

Birds flank with birds. You pop feat then run all of your birds onto the enemy caster, surrounding them. Then your birds survive the turn because the feat says THEY CANNOT BE TARGETED BY MELEE ATTACKS EXCUSE ME WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. Next turn the enemy caster dies to birds.

Well, you can go here and see: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

It's basically a gaming-oriented IRC thing with desktop and mobile apps and a web interface. I set up a channel to support /wmhg/, but at the moment the channel is seeing a lot more text over it than /wmhg/. Give it a shot.

I don't know why you retards are going so crazy about not being able to melee attack griffons of all things. Do you guys not remember Mk2 Saeryn?

>I don't get why you guys are going so crazy over a ridiculous caster. Don't you remember OTHER ridiculous casters?
Seriously what is your point here? Are you saying that a caster can't be busted because previous busted casters have existed?

>I don't know why you retards are going so crazy

That's my point. Una2 isn't busted just like Saeryn wasn't busted. Only idiots will die from Una's griffons. Saeryn wasn't even considered an assassination caster.

Seriously what is so difficult about blocking Una's griffons from killing your caster? Just crowd the area with models that Una can't scalpel out with her gun.

Una2 in one image.

How many models do you have to stack around your caster to do that? Remember it doesn't need to kill every model engaging them it just has to engage the warcaster so it takes some hefty free strikes if it walks away. And then it can fly over anything else to get at it again.

These models are also some of the best models in Circle and one of the best Lights in the game because it often trades up against heavies once you give it a buff. And it has so many attacks it can clear infantry reasonably well to boot.

And don't forget she can protect them as she advances up the board. They have stealth and if you miss them with an attack they get to move away. Oh and they have high def.

What's the problem again? A damn near unstoppable model that trades up just got a big buff.

Relatively new player coming from Khador. Tried to get in to Circle in a local journeyman, they're fun but I don't love the fury system much, and want to start another Warmachine army instead.

I'm tempted by Menoth, they have some insane casters like the High Executioner, and generally look cool. Do they perform well on the tabletop?

Pic related.

Menoth is great.

A lot of Menoth players are salty because Menoth doesn't play exactly like it did in Mk2, and bitch incessantly about it.

Menoth has several great casters, and plays both jackspam and combined arms quite well, as well as packing some of the best (pre-Una2) assassination lists.

Belongs to Issyria. Look at the shoulders and back spikes.

That would make sense, since Malekus and presumably Maddox are also getting Characters

It's not hard to see why she has the potential to be crushing. You must not see high level play or you would see the concern. Pretty evident who the retarded one is, and it's not the people sweating out Una.

>18" run that can ignore free strikes under feat
>Extended control range
>Flank (Mat 8, hit pretty hard)
So what if you can bubble around your Caster with models? You still cannot retaliate under feat, and your going to eat the alpha, clearing said models protecting your Caster. Wind Wall keeps her fairly safe from ranged, and a lot of her models are going to have stealth. Any guns that could kill Una are going to be jammed out by Griffons. I don't think she's unbeatable, but pretending that her game does not present significant challenges is naive and simply dumb as fuck.

Do you guys think that Grind will save Warmachine?

new to retribution. is this list hot garbage?

I figure halberds hold the line with rifles and battlemages behind it more or less, electromages wander with skeryth to protect him from a mob while he tackles something solid. jacks to flavor.

Not looking for a tourney winner, I'm just rust at warmahordes and new to ret, so I'd like to know if I'm being retarded or if this list looks FUN

your jacks are a mess
If you're taking houseguard take the support solos.

>50117961
>50118607
>50130889

War Room Army

Retribution of Scyrah - New Army

Theme: No Theme Selected
76 / 75 Army

Kaelyssa, The Night's Whisper - WJ: +29
- Banshee - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Phoenix - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)

Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Ghost Sniper - PC: 3
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios - PC: 7

Mage Hunter Infiltrators - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
Mage Hunter Strike Force - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Mage Hunter Strike Force Commander - PC: 4
Dawnguard Sentinels - Leader & 9 Grunts: 18
- Dawnguard Sentinel Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4

---

GENERATED : 11/06/2016 19:06:32
BUILD ID : 2026.16-11-05

Did a trial run of the spell draft cards today

I used my hexy2 list. Mammoth, razor worm, brute, blood runners, beast handlers, orin, void spirit, gobber chef.

I drafted savagery, star-crossed, paralytic aura, calamity, razor wind, repulsion, far strike, and synergy.

Only did two matches. First was against a friend playing ret. Elara, phoenix, banshee, sentinels, a bunch of soulless stuff, sylys, eiryss1.

Tried to use my razor worm to arc a razor wind into eiryss, but only managed 2 damage. Blood runners did a disgusting amount of damage to his sentinels, and effectively prevented them from being a threat to my mammoth. He had drafted both rage and fury though, and put both on the phoenix to trash my brute and threaten the mammoth. I would've won though, but the banshee slammed a model into hexeris, and then he got shot by eiryss and killed by stuff. Star Crossed kept those blood runners in the game vs his dawnguard for a long time, but he had drafted Eye of Menoth and was eventually able to hit them.

Second game was against a caine player who was running a bunch of hunters, ace, various gun mages, and rangers.

He shot the shit out of my mammoth, but paralytic aura saved it. The mammoth basically just waded up the field taking hits while my paralytic aura brute kept him going. Far Strike let him start hitting hunters with his guns immediately, and though most shots missed he did break their guns. In the end, hexeris used savagery on the mammoth who then punched a hole straight through caine, one-shotting him. Mammoth was down to 8 boxes by the end, and that was after healing him for 5 between my beast handlers and hexeris.

In the second game the razor worm had a great time sitting on a flag, then doing hit and run on rangers trying to contest it and using drag below to get back on the flag. Void spirit managed to get behind cover to survive the approach on Eiryss, then went for the kill.

Turns out mk2 paralyitc aura with star crossed is p good.

A mess how? I haven't played since... fuck, early MK2. Like, testing phases. What jacks would you take?

Right now I see a tough light to act as a bouncer and decent cleave, an arc node for offense if/when needed, and pheonix and manticore are decent face punchers.

I can easily see dropping the arc node for points for solo's, but three jacks seems light. I know the jacks have no particular synergy, but I refuse to buy shyeel jacks on the principle of them being ugly as my butthole. I also have a shitload of infantry, don't know if thats too many.

I mean, 75 is like.. normal army size right? Like I said, been a while.

Your jacks need to trade for other jacks, if they're not trading for a heavy or providing a tool you need then they shouldn't be there.

You need arcanists to make Ret jacks shine. They're insanely good for their points cost.

75 is standard yes. Buy what you want but shit is still shit. You're taking an under powered caster and then not building to deal with anything in the meta.

Saeryn was one of Legion's power casters last edition to the point that she got hit the hardest out of any caster in Legion when MK3 happened.

Whoops, meant house vyre jacks look like ass. I like the Shyeel ones... though you make it sound like they all blow or something. Though I did forget about the arcanists. That's fucking dumb of me. I also don't know dick about Thyron being UP or OP, he just looked kinda fun and visually appealing. What jacks would you sport with him? Imperetor seems like an obvious choice, and I thought pheonix and manticore would be doing solid lifting.

And as someone who hasn't played in like, fuck, three years, maybe more? The meta could be bring naked gobbers for all I know atm. I don't want to sound indignant, but I could you a little more input than 'its shit' if you don't mind. You care enough to tell me a little bit, so I know you don't want me to fuck off altogether. I think.

I mean, is the meta like MtG style deathmissile on turn two or forfeit now?

Mark 3 hit, a lot of runs changed.

I pulled the trigger and decided to start my second faction and picked convergence. I picked up lucant and a couple jacks (inverter, conservator, and corollary) to start. While I wait to build up to a full list, would playing 0-25 pt games get me slaughtered compared to other factions in low point games? Also, I don't want to pick up PA until I get some solos and units I'm guessing. Or should I aim for the PA first?

Does lucant actually want a prime axiom? I would think you'd save that for the casters that aren't RAT 3. Lucant seems mainly to run with a bunch of inverters, conservators, and TEPs.

So PA isn't required with Lucant.

Low point games are super good for Lucant, I think, he's got an incredible kit for fighting low level fights.

Thyron will never cast most of his spells in most games. You need a lot of Defensive Tech to make him not die. House Shyeel Magister, Aspis, and the Pain Knight are a good place to start. Secondly, ignore his Kamen-Rider stabby image. Take guns. All the guns. cast Spellpiercer. Ignore Windwall. Ignore Menoth. Blow things off the table. If you like Halberdiers, add at least one Thane and two Heavy Rifle Teams. See if you can take Sentinels and/or Invictors. Thyron cannot get personal work done until the very end of the game. Protect him. Also Mage Hunter Assassins are good Storm Rager Targets. You also need Sylys Wyshnalyrr in that list. Griffons aren't bad, but the Banshee is better for him than a manticore or Phoenix.

Lucant doesn't need one, but he's fine with it.

Rat 3 can be mitigated quite a bit in faction, especially since heavies don't usually have too insane of defense.

Retribution Army - 75 / 75 points

(Thyron 1) Thyron, Sword of Truth [+27]
- Banshee [18]
- Aspis [6]
- Griffon [8]
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
- Aspis [6]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Mage Hunter Assassin [4]
Mage Hunter Assassin [4]
Narn, Mage Hunter of Ios [6]
Heavy Rifle Team [4]
Heavy Rifle Team [4]
Dawnguard Invictors (max) [16]
- Dawnguard Invictor Officer & Standard [4]
House Shyeel Artificer [5]
Houseguard Thane [4]
Ghost Sniper [3]

This is not an optimal list but it should work better than the one you posted. Put Assail on the Banshee, it works on the gun. Keep the House Shyeel Artificer and Aspis close. Narn and the MHAs are our Storm Rager targets, they will kill people. Sentinels are great turn-by turn shooting. HRTs are disgusting and the Thane can hand out Stealth ingoring to one of them a turn. Griffon screens. Let your army do the lifting and clear zones for Tyrone to dominate. Park him on a hill if you can.

Thyron does not love jacks, and his Field marshal isn't that great. He needs at least one and probably 2 shield guards and an Artificer even with Blade Shield to survive where he needs to be (in zones/on flags). Reach jacks are preferable, and for a heavy the Banshee is probably best, as Assail works on its slam cannon. Imperatus is also good with him, but is extremely expensive and is dependent on not getting hit with Grievous Wounds. Skeryth Issyen is not as good as he used to be but is now a shield guard. I prefer Narn and Mage Hunter Assassins as Storm Rager targets: they are more mobile and what they get to dies. The also threaten casters.

>no (you)s on a post this old and high up in thread
have a (you) sad user, have a god damned (you) you poor bastard

It seemed a competent enough battle report, I read it, put some stuff to memory, and kept scrolling.

If we're making specific comments, I'm wondering how Cassius was still alive- that list looks like it ought to be capable of killing something at all costs if it absolutely needs killing at all costs.

While we are on CoC, is your basic -bitch Synth+Jacks list workable for pickup games?

You can build Syntherion to be very take all comers, because his kits supports his jacks doing everything.

Just bring a variety of the jacks to cover the various situations and you've got a pretty solid list to cover most any matchup.

Yeah synth is just fine for pickup games. Just for serious games people tend to take mom instead.

>no convergence of cyriss in mk3 rulebook

Fucking why I wanted to see the lore as a noobie.

They're not a core faction

Why exactly? Are they just a fringe faction or something then?

So fluff on CoC.

Worship of the Maiden Cyriss is a small, but decently well known faith in the world.

However, at the core is a cult known as the Convergence, who wish to transform the planet into a mechanical vessel for Cyriss to inhabit.

They are incredibly secretive, and the most technologically advanced of the groups. For now they're moving quietly, attempting to set the world up for their goals while avoiding open war with any of them. They've made some pretty serious acts, but between the fact that not a lot of people know who they are and their far superior technology, they've avoided being hit back.

desu I don't understand why Circle isn't at all-out war with them for what cyriss is doing to leylines.

They absolutely are.

But Circle had bigger things on their plate, and now they're kind of fucked.

Because the Circle simply can't afford to. As far as the factions go, the Circle is one of the smallest in terms of physical manpower (not to say that Cyriss' ranks are booming either). Also, unlike the Convergence, the Circle is beset on all sides by issues plaguing the natural world and those who would seek to abuse it. Cryx and the Legion continually defile the land. Cygnar and Khador in particular strip it of resources. The Protectorate actively hunts down anyone who might have ties to the Wurm. Both the Thornfall Alliance and Blindwater Congregation are hit or miss on their dealings with the Circle, as well as the Trollkin. That besides, other groups like the Retribution and Skorne would kill Circle members on sight without hesitation.

By comparison, because the Convergence has so few holdings, they're usually only at threat when they're out in the field. The Circle is always out in the field, and they're fighting a constant battle at all times.

It ain't easy being green.

Technologically superior to other cyriss groups that is,

On the main stage cygnar, ret, and those pirate skeletons are superior to the convergence in one aspect or another.

Their material science, engineering prowess, mimiturization, and blending of arcane forces with clockwork are astounding. But their religious hangups about creating cortexes and the dislike of gunpowder leads them to some really silly decisions.

Na, they're straight up the most advanced faction.

We're dealing in fantasy terms, so the lack of gunpowder is of no downside, and their cortex thing doesn't really affect them since they don't really deploy standing armies to the degree that the other factions do.

Vectors are vastly superior to other shit in just about every fashion

Nemo's lightning manipulation tech is more advanced than Cyriss's. And Ret definitely has Cyriss beaten in some aspects.

Nope. Nemo even notes in Dark Convergence that he's way behind CoC tech.

Complex and intricately designed doesn't necessarily mean better. Iosan myrmidons and tech is absurdly advanced compared to most tech used by the Iron Kingdoms as well. But in a straight fight, a Juggernaut or Ironclad has decent odds in beating the shit out of a vector or myrmidon equivalent.

Yeah the real advancement for myrmidons isn't raw strength or armor, it's that they have literally infinite power. No coal needed, and no recharging needed like cyriss energy storage. They can run out of juice from heavy fighting, but just need time to charge back up. And they have enough recharging capacity to be able to march indefinitely.without rest.

And functional kinetic shielding. And several of them mount weaponry that play havoc with the laws of physics.

Fucking stop. You cunts make me wanna play elves when I wanted my first army to be steam russians.

Only some of them have those things. Infinite energy is the main achievement.

Yeah, most of the various factions are the most advanced in SOME area.

Ios' mastery of kinetic energy is unsurpassed, allowing them to manipulate fundemental forces that other factions only dream of.

Cygnar has it's brand new electrical technology that is fueling a revolution in energy development.

Cryx turns souls into the fuel for warjacks. Nuff said.

Even Khador can claim they've got an edge on most of the others in heavy industrial manufacturing. They got the first Colossal out and made leaps and bounds in the development of fully automatic cannons with it (Not just gattling guns). They may not work with magitek as much but solid, strong non-magical development itself is an area of note.

Yes, and you're trying to argue that the Convergence is, overall, the most advanced faction. The fact that Ios can produce such powerful tech and weapons isn't diminished by the fact that a Manticore's primary weapons are glaives on its arms, or that a Griffon's armament is a halberd and shield.

That's like me arguing that the Convergence isn't advanced because their base-line heavies are equipped with piston-spikes+face mortar, a buzz-saw launcher and manipulator hand, or a ram and flail as weapons. Because those are weapons even Cygnar and Khador could produce.

Convergence isn't the only kid on the block with fancy toys, nor is it the undisputed best. Most Warmachine factions have their own tech-specialties.

Not the same person.

Thyron is hot garbage who needs half his lists to be defensive tech if he wants to survive even two turns in.

>Na, they're straight up the most advanced faction.

Ret have a gun that literally deletes spacetime within a large blast zone and robots with infinite energy batteries, your argument is invalid.

CoC has a machine can that levitate a 75 ton jack indefinitely and also have infinite energy batteries.

I found this series entertaining. They have an episode about the Convergence early on:
museonminis.com/?s=fluffisode

>also have infinite energy batteries

They don't though. They have infinite energy batteries within a small radius. Vectors run out of power pretty quick if they leave the charged zone.

Also, while Ret don't bother levitating their stuff, they instead put equivalent inertia nullifying technology into their forcefields.

Convergence are not the most advanced faction. They have some interesting technologies, but they lack a lot of what other factions have, and when it comes down to it a lot of what they do is just cleverly disguised necromancy that nobody in the cult wants to talk about.

>Vectors run out of power pretty quick if they leave the charged zone.

Vectors can run for days without recharge in normal mode, and have some of the highest combat times of any jack in the setting outside the fields.

The fields also extend for miles, and they can set up relays to have it go even further.

This guys got it right.

Yes, and the beardy elves still have them beat in that area. And that's saying nothing of their superior metalergy (given CoC is the runner up in this respect, the prime axiom attests to that.

Convergence ballistic weaponry is all fucked as well, a lot of effort spent on expensive wound springs and coils where a bursting shell would suffice ,and with a little convergence flair, transform into an even more devastating weapon.

Their orthodoxy holds them back in great measure, even if it is good quality control on the short term.

Oh you're that you from a couple days ago that I was telling not to use a Razor Worm. You cheated, there's no way to get Far Strike on a Mammoth this edition.

Elves don't have them beat in that.

Elves jack combat times are fucking terrible.

Yes, their shit runs forever in passive modes, but that trade off is absolute inability to make protracted engagements. The tech is limited, not better.

And the not using gunpowder thing is honestly just stupid, and a lazy excuse to not let them have guns. It shouldn't exist.

>Spell draft

He had paralytic aura and savagery too.

Don't forget Skorne. They have better Hoksune than anyone else.

Savagery explicitly states you can't shoot while it's on you, and Paralytic Aura doesn't exist in Mk3. Wait were you playing Mk2 for this?

Who here /una2with2zapdos/?

How do you spell hurricane?

Wasn't me, but it was a spell draft so who knows what the fuck was put on those cards.

A weapon to surpass metal gear there.

People who hate to win.

I believe it's spelled f u c k U n a r a w

>but that trade off is absolute inability to make protracted engagements

This has never been stated. Myrmidons have combat runtimes depending on how much power they use during that runtime. They can generally fight a bit longer than normal warjacks, and then go forever on non-combat orders. It should be noted that they do this while powering a kinetic forcefield, as well as multiple magical weapons and subsystems, both melee and ranged, some of which would require IMMENSE amounts of power to work even by our standards. Do you realize how much energy is required to turn sound into a solid construct-like force the way Discordia and the Banshee do it? Protip: we'd pretty much need to turn off everything else in America to pull it off.

This is frankly far superior to vectors, which literally have zero logistical capability due to being dependent on static emplacements.

>And the not using gunpowder thing is honestly just stupid

It's meant to be stupid. The Convergence are a religious order with a lot of scriptural red tape. They're not meant to be perfect, and they're not meant to be the best at everything, despite what you seem to think.

The main problem with Retribution technology seems to be their lack of innovation. All their tech was literally handed to them by their gods, so of course they have the edge in that department. Except the everyone else is starting to catch up with them, and in some instances of specific pieces, out pace them technologically.

Pretty much.

They only started inventing new stuff when they had to fight Everblight (which is what, a little over a hundred years ago now?). Vyre and Shyeel are making tons of new stuff now, but obviously, houses like Rhyslyrr and Silowuyr are kinda suspicious of all this new shit.

It's magic. They don't have to explain shit.

One of the cause that Ret technology didn't evolve is that they remained isolated for a very long time.

They are just returning to innovation cause of War and their need to adapt to new foe.

>All their tech was literally handed to them by their gods
That's at best hyperbole. House Vyre and Shyeel have done plenty of development since then, explicitly. The gods haven't given them anything for thousands of years.

Hello High Elf pheonix!

I see the similarities. Both have wings.

Greetings to you friend!

So. With Errata coming in more or less 2 months what are you hopping for ?

Me personaly that PP doesn't confirm that they are going to shit.

I hope that the things that will be nerfed will remain usuable and not sended to oblivion.

I feel like PP can't really do wrong this time. The player base is putting high hope in this Errata especially after the balance mess that MKIII created.

If they do wrong WarmaHorde will lose a lot of players.

Another thing is that they didn't want to playtest with comunity because (outside the fact that the great part of the player doesn't understand the basic of game balance) they risk to sell few things in the beta period, but as a paradox at least in my circle everyone is afraid to buy things knowing that Errata and Theme Force are coming so PP created the situation that they wanted to avoid, but without the benefit of the playtest.

I didn't shoot while savagery was on him. I drafted far strike as an animus and gave it to the mammoth.

I used PP's mk2 draft deck and replaced all of the mk2 wordings on spells with mk3 wordings, then for the spells that don't exist anymore I left them in unchanged. Since a Mk3 official deck doesn't exist.

>balance mess

I hardly think it's a total mess. The game is way more balanced than it was in MKIII, the factions that are a little less awesome have just been switched around.

I honestly think there shouldn't be much nerfing, just a bit of buffing for Cryx and more buffing for Skorne.

Nerf Sloan, Storm Lances, Haley2, Mad Dogs, Harkevich/Kodiak interaction, Winter Guard Rockeeters, High Reclaimer, Madrak2, Wurmwood, Una2 (lol).

Buff warbeasts and Skorne in general.

Man internal balance of the Faction sucks.

With MKIII people hoped that the times of Factions carried on the back of 1/2 caster and some Theme Force would end.

Instead we got the opposite situation. All Horde depend on a bunch of Caster, Warmachine army have terrible internal balance.

The only thing of worth is that the Top caster of MKIII are les sof a problem than the top caster of MKII, but I think that we can admit that MKII for how flawed balanced army was with the latest book was going in a nice direction. Direction that feel like totaly erased with MKIII.

I really like the basic core rules of MKIII (except something like throw), but are minor flaws, but for army balance it feels like a step back.

You say that myrmidon combat times are terrible, but they can run on average 2 1/2 to 3 hours at PEAK combat strength. By comparison, all Khadoran 'jacks besides Kodiaks and named 'jacks run for less than an hour before going cold, and Cygnaran 'jacks tend to be only a little more efficient (some of their lights can go over an hour, hour and a half tops). Yeah a myrmidon is fucked if its kept operating at combat levels for over 2 hours, but 'jacks are screwed in less than half the time. And sure, recharge times are lengthy, but unless you're behind a solid defensive line trying to refuel a warjack in the field is suicidal.

Besides. The Retribution isn't about fighting protracted battles. If they're fighting a large-scale or extended conflict, something went horribly wrong.

>Me personaly that PP doesn't confirm that they are going to shit.
This more than anything. The past year was pretty jarring.

You've hit the nail on the head, units that can operate silently, have unlimited range, and have comparable engagement time to jacks and vectors represent a massive technological advantage.