Hey Veeky Forums look it's a preview of an animal-themed TTRPG coming out, from River Horse and Alessio Cavatore...

Hey Veeky Forums look it's a preview of an animal-themed TTRPG coming out, from River Horse and Alessio Cavatore. Hasbro's having him make it, even though they own WotC, weird right?

youtube.com/watch?v=WJ4bZRvQ5d0

skip to around 1:45:30

>ponyshit

Enjoy your ban.

Now, now user. We shouldn't disparage this concept. I mean there aren't a lot of table top RPGs that can be easily used to introduce young children to the concept of role play.

Besides, who knows, maybe it'll be fun

I mean I don't think people who have such an underappreciated hobby as table top games should be so close minded towards niche concepts.

>Hasbro's having him make it, even though they own WotC, weird right?
Not really. He approached them for the license, not the other way around. I suspect they didn't have any prior plans for a tabletop RPG, or they would've gone through WotC as you said.

oh, I didn't know that. thanks wise user

It's ponyshit. It's going to be played by neckbeard bronies who pretend they're only playing it ironically, when actually this is just an outlet for their desire to fuck horses IRL.

Wake me when we know anything about the mechanics.

i'd post em but they have ponies on them

Really does seem a lot like highly simplified D&D.

3 Races
3 Stats
6 Personality traits to help kids figure out what kind of character they want to make

Also love the line "Remember, the GM is in charge - no arguing with him or her (the gamemaster is on your side anyway)"

>(the gamemaster is on your side anyway)

Great, starting things off by lying to the children. Nice.

Show me on the doll where the GM touched you, user.
(I know when I'm running a game I view the PCs like the protagonists of a TV show I like. Sure, I want to see them struggle against the odds, but I really do want to see them win in the end.)

>pandering GM who sets the players up to win

People like you are why the rest of us have to put up with a shit playerbase, user.

Well I mean, if you're being That DM with a bunch of kids, you probably have bigger issues at hand anyway.

>pandering GM who sets the players up to win

Man, you really like to infer stupid shit, huh?

I like to see my players win, but they still need to fight for it or it's not worth anything.

there are neckbeards who would do this

luckily, they'll never have the chance as all sane people keep their kids away from them

But the dm is on your side.

Arent you at least excited for monster stats to adapt.
Im honestly a lttle suprised they did not have timberwolves in the 5e monster manual.

Besides if it gets just 1 child into tabletop thats enough reason to exist especialy when its a largly female audience.

I thought user was being grognardy and flippant, but it really is an MLP:FiMTTRPG

Well, there's actually been several pony RPGs (including one for Pathfinder -- WHY?) but this will be the first official one.
I hope they don't screw it up, because odds are 'll be running it for my sister's kids one of these days.

Because 3.Pathfinder players are extremely loathe to try new systems.

I cant imagine why 3e is my favourite system and even i admit it has major flaws in the skill system that make it unsuited for some games.

Then again if you auctualy think pathfinder is better then 3.5 theres clearly something majorly wrong with you anyway.

I have never played a system with dice as stats do you just roll that size die against the dc.

You need to have more faith in people user people are not going to be claiming to play ironicly unless its really bad in which case it would be true.

And considering the show just had an rpg episode (a fairly decent one) i can see plenty of little girls wanting to try it out

That said
>getting caught by the palace guard can lead to exciting situations
Theres certaintly some magical realm potential.

That's what it appears to be, with exploding dice as a possibility.

Keep in mind this game was designed for those under 10 years old and as an introduction to role playing games.

Hell im sure there will be plenty of interesting artifacts to use for your own games.

>those stats
its a fucking newgrounds dating sim