/5eg/ D&D 5th Edition General

Volo's Guide to Monsters in the trove. Be sure to buy it and support the hobby even if you download it!

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Veeky Forums character sheets
mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

Previous thread: What's that one character you've always wanted to play, but just never had the chance to?

What websites or programs do you use to make monster stat blocks, /5eg/?

Homebrewery?

I shove a pen in my dick and use my throbbing member to impregnate paper with word.

More Warlock spells from 4E:

Armor of Agathys
You surround yourself in a sheath of black ice from a dark and doleful realm. It protects you from attack and radiates fierce cold

Flames of Phlegethos
Rivulets of clinging liquid fire appear and cascade over your target. Anything that is flammable ignites at once and burns long after the streams of magic fire fade away

Hunger of Hadar
You create a zone of complete, impermeable darkness filled with flying, fluttering, fanged shadows. The shadows rend at the very life force of creatures caught within

Tendrils of Thuban
From the frozen emerald seas under the star Thuban, you call forth dozens of glimmering green tentacles. Reaching down from overhead, they seize your enemies, draining the heat from their bodies and holding them immobile

Minions of Malbolge
You bring forth fire in the shape of small, infernal imps from Malbolge, sixth of the Nine Hells. They hover close around you and hurl themselves upon any enemy that dares to approach, searing with their fiery touch and driving foes away

Wrath of Acamar
You fire a ray of crackling black energy at your enemy. At its touch, he is instantly hurled headlong into the soul-draining depths of Acamar, a dark and distant star

Tartarean Tomb
You create a battering storm of rune-scribed black iron plates around your foe. As they whirl and strike, they quickly assemble into a coffinlike prison of iron and shadow

Curse of the Fey King
You invoke the power of a mighty fey spirit. A shimmering emerald coil of eldritch power disrupts your foe and steals from him the luck of his next few moments. It’s yours if you want it

Doom of Delban
A single slanting shaft of frigid starlight strikes your enemy from above and clings to him. Under its unbearable touch, flesh becomes white ice and steel shatters like glass, but you must pay a price to keep Delban’s deadly light focused on your foes

I also picked a ton of other spells with less "X of Y" names that evoke beings or places

Don't be like a waste of oxygen retard and don't be like /pfg/.

These days I tend to just use Roll20 for that, specifically the 5e Shaped Sheet on there. It automates a ton of stuff and makes adjusting other stat blocks or making new ones pretty easy.

Anyone tried 5e Gestalt yet?

What do you think about a "Warlord" (non-magical cleric replacement) that instead of healing reduces received damage?

Thanks brah, it's looking pretty great.

Only you can prevent retardism.

Thanks brah, will definitely check that out.

Just quit my group due to a bad dm

Our That Guy just left my group, praise pelor

That guy, that gm, storytime?

So I have a player trying to use greater mage hand to kill. He's saying that the 40 pounds can be used as force as well as carry weight.

What do you guys think?

>greater mage hand

Yeah i missed my group's last session because i have the flu and one of the people in group texted me that my character got petrified by a beholder.

We're getting the UA this Monday aren't we?

Rate Eldritch Blast out of 10

This is the first time someone on /5eg/ went full social reject.

And the Monday after that, and so on for the next few months.

i mean if he wants to darth vader a dude thats cool but i can imagine this being super abuse-able vis a vis distant enemies
i mean you COULD have it so one action is grabbing and another is applying said force or make it a strength contest and give him disadvantage since he's trying to for an immediate kill

d10/10

This monday? You mean today, right?

>greater mage hand
>40lbs on a mage hand

uh what? are you not playing 5e or is your player retarded

mage hand specifically says it can not make attacks

heh

>match up 40 lbs light load on str chart.
>damage as per punching bare handed with that str and his proficiency bonus.
Why not.

Did the group discuss their "if you miss a session" policy?

Because if "we play your character for you so we're not down a man" was openly group policy that's entirely reasonable.

I'm looking forward to them disappointing us 4 times as fast.

3.5 I'm here since those threads aren't up.

Should the bladelock be fixed through a UA?

We have a if you miss policy but we Don't let each other play our characters.

And getting petrified was way to extreme for missing one session when people have missed 3 sessions and nothing happened to their character

Same response.

Its going to be pretty underwhelming, but if he wants to grapple with his piddly BAB and the corresponding Ly low str, it isn't going to break anything.

So what was the if you miss policy?

Maybe it was just bad luck, they're not necessarily punishing you for missing a session and subtly nudging you to never come back.

Beholders petrify people, it's a thing that happens.

hobgoblins are my new favorite 5e race

> Still playing 3.5 in CURRENT YEAR

Something stupid and silly if you miss one session.

Something semi serious if you miss two

And your character dies if you miss three

All of these are excused if you have a valid excuse.

and you didn't feel the need to clarify that

anyway, go for it? it's not going to be any good

Oh. That's arbitrary.

But on the other hand, if they can't play your character when you're gone, their risk of death goes up.

It's not like that is death. Petrified is fixable.

Any character at all :(

Forgive my retardation, but what does that actually mean?

Man up and start a group, and tell the other players they need to vote between them and at least one of them also has to gm a game, because after 2 months you're only willing to gm every 2nd meetup, you Schlub

It's too extreme for the normal group policy. I simply am not gonna tolerate the dm pulling some bs like that

Shit happens yo. Beholders Gonna Behold.

2 classes, simultaneously, keep the best either class offers at each level.

Sounds like you simply quit like a baby and threw a tantrum, unless you're leaving something out.

Level 2 classes simultaneously, take the proficiencies of both and the better hit die (and in 3.5 the better BAB & save progressions)

Ok so cast greater restoration

You progress in 2 or more classes simultaneously, taking the best class features of each.

It's pretty overkill for 5e when you consider how many class features you would get.

Annoyed that only the evil aasimar makes a good paladin with the +1 str

Did you not read what i wrote eariler about how this action was way out of left field for the group.

>Go back to PC's hometown
>Go visit mentor
>Be ambushed
>Mentor is kidnapped
>GM throws an important mission at the group that goes in the complete opposite direction and even in a different continent
>Me "N-no? I mean, you're free to go, but my character is going to try to save his mentor"
>GM "Holy shit, user, can't you make a PC that has the same goals has the group?!"
>Reroll chart
>GM is seriously angry because my character was supposed to be important for the plot
Why some GMs throw rocks at their own roof and get angry with everybody else but them? the stupidity of this GM baffles me

No one in the group has it and we are something like 300 miles away from any sort of civilization

Your particular situation seems very weird.

Then why do the whole kidnap thing unless he plans to to reconnect the 2

>policy of growing punishment for truancy
>easily cured punishment
>quit game in rage

more hobogobo comin at you full throttle

>This monday? You mean today, right?
I'm in Australia and it's Monday right now so yes

So you didn't read the full post where i said that absences are excused with a valid reason.

I've started recording all of my DM's rolls. He isn't happy with me now.

And you missed the post where i said no one in my group has greater restoration and we are no where near an area where some one with greater restoration might reside

Try this if you want.

To what end?

Multiclass needs more love

Calculation for spellcasting feat level should be half/third round up starting level 3 instead of round down
>having a level in a caster when you're a paladin makes you lose a level of casting on every odd number

Level 9 spells should be less ridiculous, too.

Multiclass is the thing that keeps the class pool from getting old after you've played through it all twice or so.

Made a new character, rolled for stats , starting wealth , guild business and monsterus origin.

Couldn't offord any other weapons or thieves tools because glassblowers tools were to expensive. Finally get to play instead of DM tomorrow. What y'all think?

Then again this notion is silly when we're still shepherded into a simple 'You are a monk, therefore you want con, wis and dex but the other three stats are rarely even used'
When it should be
'You're a monk, you should like dex and wis but other stats while not essential can give different bonuses depending on how you want to play'

>Hobgoblin

Meme character

>Meme reply

Rolling for stats / 10

> Rolled for stats
> offord
> monsterus
user...

Nah, just a minmaxer

You can't get 18 if you didn't roll for stats.

>str 15
>wis 7
That's not minmaxing.

one down, bonus points for others

Ask them why this happened and if the next session will revolve around unpetrifying your char.

I theory'd up how my current character, a UA Ranger using the Stalker Conclave, would end up if instead of having to spend the next few levels after six multiclassing into fighter, I had the choice to gestalt.

It's... pretty bonkers. I'm not sure how I feel about the general rules I've seen that let casters keep double spell slots (due to double the casters), but martials in general definitely benefit a LOT from gestalt. More than the casters, I'd say.

the idea in my head was that the character was taken in by a guild after being exiled from his legion. i set the stats up the way they are because i thought it would be funny if he constantly accidentally knocks over and breaks glass art work and merchandise because hes a little slow and kinda unsuspecting but everyone in the guild puts up with it because hes sorta likable. what do you think

Even if that were true, my character doesn't know it.

I'm kind of curious, why do you hate rolling for stats? I’ve heard some reasons why people dislike it, but I want to know why you lot hate it in 5e.

>18 dex
>constantly knocking things over

You might be an idiot

I did this with my rolls to see if my dice were weighed once, they were, average of 9.125 and 8.733 respectively in 1000 rolls each

i get that people will always jump on you for misspelling shit online, but you clearly understand what im trying to say.

i might but on paper my guy defiantly is.

just realized i used the wrong word, i didnt even do that on purpose

So I rolled a Moon Druid on a whim, this being my second 5e campaign (first with a druid in the party) and after a few sessions, it still seems ridiculously OP compared to the rest of the classes at the early levels. Like seriously, can someone explain to me how the fuck is this balanced?

What would happen if you gave monsters classes and class features?

It isn't, Satan, but it loses its power from 4th level and beyond turning into a tank only that deals low damage

that they'll become stronger and harder to kill

That is laughably bad

It is hilariously stronk early on

However it doesn't stay that way. Still fun and solid throughout though

Good. Like, I don't want to puposefully gimp myself, but I think i'm beginning to seriously annoy my party by just how much better my Druid's been doing than the rest of them. Is this what being a munchkin feels like?

which evil alignment would be best for a character who would want to do contract killing stuff on the side

ne? le?

That's what happens when you play the tutorial levels, game should start at 4th level

Third edition.

Every divisible by 3 level is a reasonable offensive power spike, and thats entirely ignoring the fact they are still a full caster.
Giant Scorpion is pretty baller.

The mean is just a hair above 13, but the distribution is U shaped.

I wont call him out on it. We have fun anyways, and he has to know that I know he pushed the dice.

Enough about the Volo's race options, let's talk about the important part: monsters.

Firstly:
> Mindflayer nautiloids
> Neogi, in general
> Bunch of other monsters implied to maybe be aliens
I love it, D&D is weird again. Spelljammer setting guide when?

>More Fey
Always good. But did we really need both the Shadow Mastiff and the Yeth Hound?