Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Decima Needs To Go Back And Get His PhD Edition
user's Magos still hungers Sub-Edition
First the Traitor Primarchs, and then their children. After that their wargear is next. >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11458318
1d4chan.org/wiki/.../Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the Omnissiah.

Show me your wips. Naoh.

Help me please.

EC, IW, SoH, or TS.

>strawpoll.me/11458318
>Mortarion in last place
>Magnus in second
Fucking witches.

I'm proposing IW because I know you so well and you've told us how you want to play and what you like.

Finally got some color on these guys. Mostly highlighting left to do

Are there any fluff blurbs about the Anvilus backpack other than this?

Ño

This is my first time posting in the /hhg/. Are these legions asked about a lot? Still, thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah there are a lot of IW players here.

>r th
No, as in, it's sort of hard to give you a meaninful non-meme answer if you don't give us something to work with. Try reading 1d4chan.org/wiki/.../Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k) to know what's special about each legion.
Because let me tell you, all of them did all kinds of warfare.
Sieging ECs and assassination IWs are both valid.
The question boils down to "what do you want from your dudes?"
Don't believe this Alpharius' word.

I demand mathhammer against Primarchs! He has defeated Sigismund, now for the bigger fish!

(Currently Un-)Named Archmagos Reductor, 400

BS5 WS5 S5 T6 W4 I4 A3 Ld10 2+/3++

Unit Composition:
1 (Unique)

Unit Type:
Infantry (Character)

Wargear:
Mechanicum Protectiva
Cyber-Familiar
Augury Scanner
Abeyant*
Djinn-Skein
Machinator Array*
Master Crafted Paragon Blade
Melta Bombs
Four Cyber-Occularis
Rad Grenades
Power Fist
Lightning Gun

*Stat bonuses already included in profile

Warlord Trait: Dread Rites**
*The Warlord, and any unit they join, both cause Fear and are immune to it's effects, and have the Adamantium Will special rule.

Special Rules:
Independant Character
Stubborn
Battlesmith
Master of Destruction
Bodyguard
Relentless
Move Through Cover
Very Bulky
It Will Not Die
Hardened Armor
Fear
Fearless
Adamantium Will
Eternal Warrior
Blessed Electromancy*
Unseen Strike**

*Named Archmagos Reductor was noted for his morbid fascination with the lightning weaponry of the Thallax Cohorts and Krios Battle Tanks he commanded, as well as that of the Knight Magaera, for their effectiveness at disintegrating foul Xenos during the Great Crusade. He was sucessfuly able to make them more even more powerful, but lamented that he could not improve their armor piercing capabilities. An Ordo Reductor force with Named Archmagos Reductor as the warlord may spend 25 points per unit armed with Lightning Guns and/or Lightning Cannons to increase their Strength by 1, to a maximum of S8. Named Archmagos Reductor's own Lightning Gun has the upgrade applied at no cost.

**The character and their unit add +1 to their initiative characteristic in the phase they charge.

Loyalist
Named Archmagos Reductor may only be taken in a Taghmata Omnissiah or Ordo Reductor variant force, and counts as an Archmagos Reductor.

He apparently could barely beat Sigismund.

He's gonna get wrecked by any primarch or Scoria.

Better entertain yourself in naming him. Don't create a wasteland and call it peace ;^)

True.

Non-tranfigured Lorgar maybe?

I'm just interested in the mathhammer and seeing how a somewhat buffed character that you yourself can make for 400 points can do.

Nay, minion, create a wasteland and call it a victory for the Omnissiah.

user, we already know the most powerful player-made character is a Blood Angel Praetor with the sword of double wounding and the Instant Death advance. Blood angels will get stuff more powerful than Shattered Legion Suzerains using the Berzerker Assault RoW and nobody seems to notice.

Where's he getting EW from

He rented it from Decima Invictus for shits and giggles.

I dunno. I think the base version of this guys might be able to beat that.

See

At that point he's just a weird home brew character and is just a demonstration on taking a funny idea past its point of entertainment

Have (You) noticed the Alpha Legion operates in a manner similar to Jean stealer cults, if less rapey?
>Infiltrate society
>Consolidate your position
>Destabilize the opposition
>Place a beacon to attract the main force
I think he saw it, man.
>I think the base version of this guys might be able to beat that.
Nah. The sword of double wounding, man. It could kill you if you didn't have EW before you were able to swing back. You see, EW is the most powerful rule a character can have in 30k.
Remind me again why Salamanders (and to some extent IF) can have it but not the Mechanicum and Iron Hands?

I'm well versed in the aspects/lore of each. I was just hoping for some off the cuff answers to break the deadlock I'm having.

I suppose I like the shooty aspects of IW, the rushdown manuveurability of EC, and the idea of SoH being the posterboys of the Heresy. I like the lore for each.

it's almost like that is a standard way of doing covert ops or something wow

Naaah, the RG doesn't operate like that.
They scout first and then they outright murder you. No consolidation, no disruption. Just ded.

Yeah and which legion was reduced to chapter size in one battle and which legion became the largest after the heresy

Please don't bully the birds

user thought his special snowflake wasn't special enough.
And now he spams these threads with him.

>one legion was on the wrong side of a 7-on-3 outnumbering, including surprise backstab and a blockade in space to prevent escape, and was still tough/skillful enough to get away
>the other legion was on the other side of that mismatch, with all those advantages, and couldn't get the job done, the useless shits

HIGHLIGHTS

ON

FUCKING

PRIMER

This.
It's has devolved into shitposting now.

>lose 96% of your legion

J-jokes on y-you guys, our primarch lived

(Yours)
Wasn't it like 8 vs 3? And they fucked with their WE WB and IW pursuers to no end, went full Predator on them.
Corax even does the rip-your-spine-off thingy on a Dreadnought

>with all those advantages, and couldn't get the job done, the useless shits
user they literally allowed the raven guard to get away because ya boi alpharius knew corvus would get freaky in the emperors gene lab and he wanted that information
the alpha legion never would have fell for istvaan unless it was just as planned because knowing stuff is their whole schtick

Let's talk SA. SAfags, I summon you.

>implying Alpharius didn't let them escape purely so he could further Pepe troll Corax-Wojack into giving him the key to unlimited astartes

Does anyone even Solar Auxilia?

>alpharius is such a mastermind guys
Remind me how that's working out?

I have seen maybe two SAfags in these threads. I am surprised honestly.

B-but... victory...

Imperial Militiafags are even rarer.

>Alpha legion are so useless they accidently saved Corax
Fucking snakes

Literally a psychic gestalt that lives in every legionnaire now

He Obiwan kenobi'd that shit

I would edit Alpharius' portrait to say "The Devil isn't mocked" myself, but I'm phoneposting right now. Could the unbroken chain do me that favor?

Where is it stated that Maloghurst wore black? I had only listened to Twisted so I may not have heard it.
I was thinking of adding dark gray here and there, maybe with some lodge members of XIX and V added in Reaver or Despoiler squads, those who said "fuck it" and joined the Warmaster's cause.
I like the SoH green but don't have the required paints atm, and I should have started yesterday as there are two BaCs collecting dust on the shelf.

See kids! This is kind of thinking is what reading too many black library novels gets you.

Is there any legion that has more PLOT on their side than the Alpha Legion?

Which legion has an alive primarch, and which legion got cornered by the dorner.

I think SoH High command and elite units wear black, but then Loken is depicted wearing verdigris and suddenly he's Luna wolf white.
SoH colour denotations are all Chaos

Out of interest, have any of the more stupid BL bits and pieces like
>cabal
>perpetuals
turned up in the HH black books, or is based bligh grenade pretending they don't exist?

Scars

>one of many is actually the canonical rule for post gestalt Alpharius possessing one of his own legionnaires

>which legion has an alive primarch

Alpha legion

>which legion got cornered by the dorner

Dorn himself

>Remind me again why Salamanders (and to some extent IF) can have it but not the Mechanicum and Iron Hands?
ferrus manus was right, the machine is weak.

What Primarch gifts Inferno pistols to well behaved children and which one was killed by 3E Chaos space marines?

OK, I made a list I might want to eventually work towards. Plan is for a fairly balanced mechanicum force with lots of varied units so as to be interesting and avoid cheese.

Xana II Darkmech (3000/3000)

Age of Darkness FoC - Ordo Reductor (2165)

HQ
Magos Dominus w/ Augury Scanner + Servo Arm (90pts)

Magos Prime Ordinator w/ Augury scanner, Cortex controller and mastercrafted Graviton Imploder (180 pts)

Magos Reductor w/ Abeyant, Augury scanner, machinator array, cyber-familliar and Cortex Controller (210 pts)

Troops

2x20 Adsec w/ Carapace and Fearless (100pts each)

2x3 Thallax w/ Destructor and Photon Thruster (175 pts each)

Elites

Tech-Priest Auxilia w/ Enginseer, Cortex controller and 2 servo-arm servitors (90pts)

Fast Attack

2x1 Vulturax Strato-automata (175 pts each)

Heavy Support

Myrmidon Destructors w/ 3 Graviton Imploders (240 pts) in Triaros (135 pts)

2x Ordo Reductor AT battery w/ 1 tank, medusa cannon, machine spirit, siege plating and pintle twin-linked bolters (160pts each)

Legio Cybernetica Allied Detatchment (835)

HQ

Anacharis Scoria on Abeyant (315 pts)

Troops

1x2 Castellax, both have Darkfire Cannon and Advanced Targeting (280 pts)

Fast Attack

1x3 Vorax w/ poison ammo and frag grenades (240 pts)

Total 3000pts

Scoria runs with the Vorax, Reductor goes with the Enginseer and buffs the artillery, Ordinator drops one Reductor-buffed barrage then joins the Myrmidons in their Triaros, Dominus goes with the Castellax and casts cybertheurgy on them and the flyers. Sound decent or am I missing some important thing? Still new to 30k, this list is possibly something to work towards with some corrections.

>one of many is actually the canonical rule for post gestalt Alpharius possessing one of his own legionnaires
>the pale spear and pythian scales materialise out of thin air when he does this
Fucking stupid.

Which primarch has their own unique detachment, legion rules and relics in 40k, and which one cries incessantly over what they lost from 3.5e?

>Scars
But how? Evading the Death Guard and jobbing Mortarion "literally who?" doesn't seem like that great a feat

Ferrus Manus, Russ, the Lion and Sanguinius. And the RG and WS. All of them have relucs too.
I remember the IF snowflakes, the ever-compliant psyker loving Black Templars' 1000 marines.

>jobbing Mortarion
I wonder when will he kick some ass...

Probably a yiff pissed off they let them get fucked by the alpha legion at Allaxes

IMO the Scars should of joined in on the fight and helped the based meme legion finally put an end to the furry legion

That's literally what happens, same with the instrument and exodus

They're just plain better than everyone else

Retcon library will change it so daemon Mortarion ganks Dorn at the siege

Screenshot this shit, you know it's right

I think the Grenade Man is making sure of that.
I'd start up two SA armies if I had the money and time.

When he gets his own book. So never ever
Id think they'd be more salty about having to be bailed out by the Dark Angels
Aren't the Scars the smallest legion?

Morty was a daemon after the Siege, and that would imply they'd let Morty have any diginity left.

>they're just plain better than everyone else

How? Like half their legion went traitor

Like it matters, scars are still best legion

Anyone know how long until those power scythes are available? Want to put off my order to save shipping.

>should of
I assume their infantery was busy fighting Perterabo's Monsterous creatures for the Emporer?

Alpha Memers are disgusting. Not too long ago they were the true shitposters. Everyone loved to blame TS/SW fags for arguing about their primarchs but I guarantee you the Alpha Memers were behind it all.

>avoid cheese.
>Scoria
Also.
>Scoria is present but not in charge

Just as planned

No that's the RG or the Dust Bunnies of Prospero.

>AL
>Based

May your dubs ring true, user!
>When he gets his own book
His short story, Daemonology, actually is about how he loses even more dignity.
>Aren't the Scars the smallest legion?
Hell naw. Small legions were the TS, SW, and the EC and DG after Istvaan.

>EC and DG after Istvaan
I'm pretty sure they went into recruitment overdrive.

Scoria is there (with no transport, so he can't really get up in their faces) since eveyone else always brings primarch+friends, so I do need something to stop Angron just showing up and murderising everyone before I can shoot him down. Also the local dick keeps bringing Guilliman to 1600 games, and screw him.
Also, does he have to be the Warlord and can I make him Warlord in a secondary detachment, or do I have to reshuffle everything to have LC as primary? Not exactly sure of the rules re. Warlords in 30k.

you see user if we shitpost ironically hard enough it will eventually kill of the real shitposters , thus ensuring a future without shitposting
alpha legion is actually guarding the quality of this thread by lowering it
just as planned

True. I should have specified it was right after Istvaan, where they numbered about less than 70 000.

Who plays 1600 point games?

It's still the same though.
I'm surprise Morty could get some new kids from Barbarus given the numbers of recruits taken and the fact that he only uses Barbarus as a recruitment pool. I guess he used more fertility drugs than on his homeworld's population than the other Primarchs did to theirs.

>Alpha memers believe that.

No surprise really, picking the shittiest Legion with zero character development or anything other than PLOT for PLOT's sake is a clear sign of dim intelligence.

People who are in a local GW full of new 30k players who just bought Calth, and so have almost exactly 1600 pts of minis.
I want to start 30k Mechanicum for something a bit different and also so he and the other vets might have to change their armies slightly from "Everyone and every gun shoots or hits at S6 AP3/2". Most of the vets are cool, especially DGbro, IHbro and WEbro. Was planning on 2 Medusae, 6 Thallax, 2 Magos and 20 Thralls as a starting army, then adding 1 Vulturax and going from there. Is my list any good for fighting marines?

>half the legion went traitor

Yeah and unlike Lionel and Peterabo Khan bitch slapped that half of his legion back into compliance

You might be on to something

I am Assfartius

You're cancer.

Maloghurst may be an exception, but as far as I know only the 1st company wears black, and they had done so when they were still Luna Wolves, if memory serves. Not even the Mournival wore black unless serving in 1st Co.

Mal probably gets to wear the black and red since he's Horus's equerry.

The instrument is constructed, I refuse to believe every single alpha legionnaire is carrying around the components to build a xenos artifact that pre-dates the eldar.

That's the part I forgot to add in the post.

Salamanders
Ultramarines.

Forgeworld prices went up. The Brexit discount honeymoon is officially over.

>tfw only posted it twice
Not lying, guy who's posting it isn't me. I do find it amusing though.

Why the fuck would something that was known to quite literally 3-10 people in the entire galaxy show up in a history book?

>source
>my ass

Call him Otto Octavius.

You can literally go on the forgeworld site and check the prices you mong.

It's not a big increase though. Despoiler squads went up by a pound, for example.

to be fair i picked alpha legion because i want a traitor legion and they are the only ones left that aren't Saturday morning cartoon villain evil since iron warriors and thousand sons are already taken at my store

He's right, the Mageara and other Knights went up £5.

help me /hhg/, I need a loyalist legion that looks good in MkIII, I have leftover prospero models.