Top Five Table Top RPGs??

Veeky Forums,

Please list the Top Five Table Top Role Playing Games and why they are in the top 5. I have some time on my hands due to reasons and would like to read up on some games I could play. Thanks for your time and input in advance!

1. Entirely
2. Subjective
3. 1
4. Through
5. 5

1. G
2. U
3. R
4. P
5. S

D&D 5e.

Yeah, I know, I know. You're all going to yell at me for it, but the fact of the matter is that it's the easiest game to get into currently, with a huge playerbase, an active community, and easy Character customization and customization. You can have a level 10 character statted in about 20 minutes, without the use of any software. Gurps, as amazing a system as it is, just doesn't have that convenience.

Really, it's a solid game that's really popular. As a single player without a dedicated group, it's the most likely game you're going to find a group for. Not necessarily the "best" game, but definitely holds a place on the list based on criteria of being the most playable.

In no specific order:

D&D 5e
GURPS
M&M
Dungeon World
F.A.T.A.L.

Numenera
FATE
Storyteller
Savage Worlds
Maids RPG

It's not 4e

Myfarog
Fatal
World of Synnibar
Continuum
Cthulhutech

In no particular order

But more seriously I'll go with
1.D&D
2. Shadowrun
3. World of darkness
4. Dark heresy
5. Call of Cthulhu

>Savage Worlds
Speaking of, anyone have the PDF(s) for this?

Shit, I missed mutants and masterminds, Savage worlds, fate, and a bunch of other systems I love. It's hard to pick just five

>not searching for the pdf share thread we ALWAYS keep active.
>Not checking the Da Archive pdf for the various links to Mega that hold everyone's repos.

D:tD 40k 7e

New edition when?

1: Pendragon
2: World of Darkness
3: Rogue Trader
4: Only War
5: Pendragon

1. D&D 5E
2. Pathfinder
3. Iron Kingdoms
4. Savage Worlds
5. Call of Cthulhu

OSR titles

1, D&D 2e/D&D BECMI
2. Shadow of the Demon Lord
3. Hack Master 5E
4. Dungeon World
5, Dungeon Crawl Classics/Swords and Wizardry

1. Call of Cthulhu 7e
2. Night's Black Agents
3. Technoir
4. Monster of the Week
5. 13th Age

I can tell what kind of games you like to play. Keep on keeping on.

D&D
Dungeon World
RuneQuest
Song of Ice and Fire
Shadowrun

Came to talk about these, but swap cthulhutech (which is fully functional but has one creepy bit) for Realms of Atlantasia (which is nonfunctional and full of cringe).

>Rogue Trader
>Dark Heresy
>Only War
>Deathwatch
>Black Crusade

Damn, I forgot that one. I was trying to list all the cringiest systems I could think of. Cthulhutech is pretty bad for having crazy mechanics with bad math, weird lore choices, and bad instructions for gms and player options since it is three or four different games and settings mashes into one.

1. D&D 2e with domain rules stolen from cyclopedia

2. Supers Revised Edition [best mechanical complexity to superhero fun ratio out there]

3. Risus [best one shot/beer and pretzels system]

4. d20/OGL [better than people give credit for. d20 modern is bad but overall the system is way better and stronger than it gets credit for]

5. GURPS [i dont even like or play gurps but if i absolutely HAD to I know I could use this set of tools to make an RPG I wanted to play. more a tool set than a game in its own right.]

1. INS/MV 3
2. Dragon de Poche2
3. Fiasco
4. Terra X
5. Psi*Run

1- GURPs. With just GURPs, you can play anything and still have a system. Great for nothing, good for everything.If you don't want to learn 20 different settings just to play from grimdark to super-scifi, GURPs is the best. Not to mention that it's still pretty widely available (from what I've seen) so getting a hand on it isn't too hard.

2- D&D 4e. It's worst flaw is that you really only do combat. As is the life of the adventurer it would seem, in fantasy worlds. That said, it's more than easy enough for any player to get into. With all of it's extra books released too (but not so old that they're starting to become hard to get) one could easily scrounge up an adventure book along with the core books at any half price books. This makes it pretty newbie friendly, and fun to play for people who either want a nice combat system, or just want to relax and dip their feet in.

3- Savage Worlds. While it's design is a bit wonky to get used to, it does what GURPs does. It allows for a lot of versatility in what you are running, while still having a good time. At least in my case, I've seen that it's harder to get your hands on, and given it's unique way of doing dice, it's a bit harder to learn if you're used to d20. That said, all in all, very good system with just as much versatility as GURPs (And not as much of a pain in the ass to make a character).

4- Engine Heart. Even though it's ambiguous as hell sometimes, nothing beats it's corner on the market of robots. If you've ever wanted to be a robot and wonder how you should make one, or the rules behind it, engine heart does it best. While a bit limited in it's premise, engine heart doesn't fail to deliver on a unique twist that helps older players still try something new.

5- Call of Cthulu. Ever wanted to play a game outside of beating shit up and looting their corpses? Ever feel that horror is under used and not appreciated in games? Then CoC is for you. (comment too long)

1. D&D 5th
2. Ars magica.
3. Only War.
4. Shadowrun
5. World of darkness

1. Shadowrun
>roll 36 d6 soak
2. DnD 4E
>fixed monk
3. Palladium 1e
>unicorn blood and vampire dust to raise all corpses in 500 miles
4. Rifts