What should a proper magic-user wear? Pointy, wide brimmed hats or hoods? Or maybe a third option...

What should a proper magic-user wear? Pointy, wide brimmed hats or hoods? Or maybe a third option? Maybe different associations with each?

He should wear exactly what we decree he should wear. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing faggoty, animu, feminine, or liberal

Magic-users must wear tall hats for identification while outside of wizard districts.

>Having other thoughts besides pointy hats

Nigga, hoods are for cultists, librarians and thieves. Real wizzards rock it classic with the Big point of hats, how else will the moron mundaneness know that you're a wizard, huh? Although a pointy hood would be satisfactory.

Full plate armor adorned with spikes and skulls.

Mantled leather duster.

Top hats, obviously.

Might I suggest a metal plate and simple robes?

Came here to suggest this myself.

Standard wizards are men in colourful dresses covered in glittering decorations. If you do not want faggoty or feminine you are in the wrong class.

Pointy hat, No shirt

Fuck. Yes.

There should be different classes of wizarding wear. The pointy hat and staff for formal business, the wand and loose cloth for casual. There can be semi-formal, respectful, religious observance, celebratory, and even military uniform. Only those poor struggling mages or those stodgy old men only own one set of clothing.

Anything that lets people know that you are in fact a mother fucking wizard. It's more of a warning to the normies so they show you the proper amount of respect.

Doesn't matter, as long as it's immediately clear to anyone who sees him that he's a wizard.

Modern day clothing like jackets, jeans, and sneakers that they pulled from an alternate future just because they could.

Normal clothes to make him look like a commoner. Why would you wear something that screams to your enemies "Hi, I have d4 hitpoints, please target me first."?

Red and yellow striped scarves

Something that doesn't shout Geek the Mage First.

Hoods belong in Swords and Sorcery.
Tall hats belong in High Fantasy.
Note this only applies to wizards/conjurer of cheap tricks types. Druids, clerics and necromancers have their own dress code.