So like enchantments

If the weave hold on to living things ,like hornets to a pop-sickle.....why is no one trying to put enchantments on living stuff?
>NO NOT WOODEN STAFFS!
I mean, put enchantments on bugs and shit, or puppies!

>Bob proudly displays his lucky Horn-beatle, who is enchanted with the spell "Luck".

> Fools! I have enchanted MY ANUS for MAXIMUM carrying capacity! COME AT ME!

>Abdul steers his heptadecimal rune-branded herd in the middle of Tel Aviv

Living things tend to be too delicate and/or high-maintenance for the type of person who would be decked out in magic gear from head to toe.
And if you add more magic to make them indestructible, you'll create the next Tarrasque.

This is a nice quest setting

>Hornets with bless
>Wasps with explosive runes etched on their wings
>Bees with teleportation

why would you ever want this to happen, OP

I WASN'T THINKING

Why wouldn't you!?

>if Bob hadn't told you, you would have guessed that his lucky beetle was a fairy or a very small demon

I'll have you know; Bob is the smartest Half-orc in his valley and he wouldn't allow a Gnome to cheat him out of three days worth of "Kender population control" for an Imp!

I'm not questioning Bob, I'm just hoping his little magic murderball stays loyal.

I had a mage with an enchanted big longleg spider as a wand. Its legs were involved on silk to work as a handle, and it squirmed when feeling its food: magic.

It fed on spells launched at me, like a sort of counterspell. But if left hungry, it would consume some of mine.

>PCs are intelligent, near-indestructible enchanted bugs created as powerful equipment for high level adventurers
>through various circumstances, they have fallen into the hands of very low level adventurers and must help their new owners to blunder their way through the starting dungeons

>Buy a ten foot pole.
>But that doesn't seem very practi-
>BUY A TEN FOOT POLE YOU TWO SCREWS SHORT OF A WHOLE PALADIN

>bag of holding with bee hive inside.

You mean like 'Enchant Creature' spells? Yeah people have thought of those.

Remember bugworld? Shit was cash.

Living things change over time, and after a point the magic will fall away from them like water off a duck's back.

I'll expound on this.

The reason why sharing a first kiss with a true love's breaks a spell is not because there's something special about the kiss in itself--it's what it represents.
What it means for your life and who you are, what you do and why you do it.

It's the beginning of a new chapter in your life, and the spell's not written into that one.

That picture is all fucking kinds of excellent.

Isn't that what a familiar is?