Weapons or Magic?

Weapons or Magic?

Yes

Magic weapons

Why not both?

Both of course, what are, some shit tier adventurer that can't even carry his own weight?

Magic weapons counts as weapons

What about making weapons out of magic?

So? You use magic weapons and magic.

Weapon magic.

/thread this shit

Not if the weapons are conjured

Neither. Tactics and logistcs is where the money is at.

What about weaponized magical weapons that use magic?

Earthdawn bucks the trend a bit; there's massive advantages to at least starting in a weapons class, such as higher hp, and magic doesn't scale up nearly so fast or well. Also, casting itself can be dangerous if you aren't casting slowly and carefully.

In D&D though? You're a tard to give up fullcasting for anything.

When suffiently advanced in complexity and sophistication, they're indistinguishable.

No, they are the beautiful child produced when the magic meets the metal.

Boobs and Thighs

Jesus, let the poor bastard breathe

Neither. Raising an army of other creatures to do your bidding is optimal.

what about making magic out of weapons?

The Barbarian casts Axe to magically unlock the door.....into a few hundred pieces

Weapons for killing things, tools for doing things, explosives for blowing things up, magic for not being real.

Magic is a weapon. And if you do it right, weapons are magic.

barbarian woman on the right is so thiiiiiccccccccccccc mmmmmm

Kys

That womans ass should be classified as a weapon, a weapon of mASS destruction.

Psionics

>Woman

I pictured something more like this

I am more into weapon magic desu

Not weapons.
Not magic.
Not weapons & magic.
Just everything.

Weapons. Supporting weapons with magic is nice tho.

Weaponised Magic?

Body, Mind, and Spirit.

>or

This is brilliant! This will revolutionize the field of swords!

Stop right there, mongrel

Neither. Vehicular violence.

Making magic out of weapons
I gotchu fampai

If magic is subtle or has dire cost, weapons.

If magic is easy, consequence-free nerd revenge fantasy, magic.

Weapons for things you can kill with weapons, magic for things you can't kill without magic. You can't say 'weapons are best' and then go up against a ghost or a fire elemental, and you can't say magic is best when it's more difficult to use and not as efficient.

Both.

In the system my group uses, there are upsides and downsides to both. Magic is powerful and spells can deal area damage as well as apply potent status effects, but each individuals spell is specific and inflexible. Think of them like computer commands, you can tell them to run but you can't reprogram them on the fly. An AoE cold spell that slows enemies within can't be focused against a single target or freeze someone solid, you'd need separate spells for that. Since casters have a very limited number of spells know, they have to be really careful in planning what they can and cannot do in a fight.

Martial abilities, on the other hand, are a lot more flexible, if not strictly as powerful. There's a lot more opportunities for improvisation, for mixing and matching effects and techniques on the go. They don't get access to some of the stronger or more debilitating status effects, but they don't have to learn each status effect individually like casters do with spells. Any warrior can trip, disarm, daze, taunt, grapple, throw, and more right off the bat.

In addition, to use D&D 5E lingo casters focus on exploiting bonus actions (minor actions during their own turns) while martials focus on reactions (counter-attacks and interrupts on other people's turns). So Maritals are very reactive and can interfere more easily with other people's actions, whereas Casters are more proactive and get more use out of their own turns in combat.

My group likes it so far, and it reinforces the theme in my setting that magic isn't inherently better than martial skill. It's just another way of fighting like any other.

Weapon Magic

Magic enhanced bullets. Every gun is a railgun.

funny thing is, in our current system your are boned on high levels if you cant use some combination of both.

Do these two fuck later in the manga?

Magic weapons, dawg.

This guys got the right idea

Magical weapons

>Magic enhanced bullets
You rang?

Apparently not in OP's setting.
That's literally the only thing you can infer, by the fact that it's phrased as a binary choice.

> Weapons or Magic?
Neither.
Wit is sharper than a sword, and an insult is mightier than a spell.

>Psionics
my nigga

Demons. Technically magic, sure, but it's the best kind of magic, where you summon your demons safe in your lair and then rely on their magics when you're out "in the field"

I need moar.

>weapons or magic
>not becoming a badass that beats everything into submission through sheer power of will and muscle.
>not becoming the Man with the Golden Fists, but without needing the giant metal fists.

DO YOU CAST PUNCH OR NOT!?

Too bad that archetype fucking sucks dick, because god damn is it a cool/hilarious idea

>one or the other
>not using both
fucking pleb

Why not weaponized Magic?

Comissar!

COMISSAR!

THERE'S A PSYKER! BLAM IT!