Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

No kitsune allowed. No waifus allowed. No kitsune waifus allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EglAxEwRWvQ
youtu.be/SFSen7DRQWU
youtube.com/watch?v=k9VT9Bfdg1g
youtube.com/watch?v=k03dmfhcG60
youtube.com/watch?v=XS9gUUFz6Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=ccQZFMSuASk
youtube.com/watch?v=tFfhbbHrJ9o&spfreload=5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We talkin' bout knights now, niggas.

What makes a knight chivalrous? Is he born with it or is it something drilled into him?

Not quite a "knight", but I'd say it qualifies.

Would you take a cute coyōtl for a squire?

what about a kitsune knight waifu?

Chivalry is a lifestyle and mindset one converts their whole being to. It is not a state of being, but rather a near-unreachable goal that one should always endeavor to strive towards in all aspects of life.

He who becomes complacent, and believes himself "chivalrous enough" is one who loses sight of the true essence and purpose of chivalry and honor.

Who are you talking to?

...Possibly.

Are they good with a sword? Can they fit my armor to me? These are valid questions.

>Conversion inquisition as Ordained Defender
>Aerial Wings and Vestigial Wings feats, permanent flight at double land speed, better than anything casters get

Oni tieflings (Str/Wis) can take Vestigial Wings as an ART and skip straight to Aerial Wings.

Or, Stance of the Crane Knight.

Why do libs have to shit everything up with their delusions of ethnic equivalence?

And that takes away from your killability.

If you think you're clever, you're not. You're unoriginal and boring. Congratulations.

>Are they good with a sword?

What if she was a cute GiftedBlade/PsyArm/WarSoul || Meditant/Pathwalker zenko kitsune? Then she can MAKE the swords!

>And that takes away from your killability.

Like hell it does. Two feats for perma-flight at huge speed is a fucking steal.

Conversion inquisiton is ALSO a steal.

Face it, OD/ZS warder is god tier.

>vestigial wings tiefling skipping straight to Aerial Wings
>another user going for the wings

My man of superior taste, whose taste seems to constantly overlap with mine. Seriously this is getting eerie.

Why do you have to think you're better than everyone just because your grandpa got rich selling stuff to the Third Reich and got away with it?

Nigga just make her a Fighter.

Why WOULDN'T you spend 2 feats to get 60 foot flight all the time?

Or 1 feat if you're a tiefling.

Flight's always good to have, although in some cases you won't spend two feats because you can get it easily early enough.

Aegis flight, for example.

But then she won't be cute and have all these summoned weapons!

You mean a zenko kitsune OD/ZS Dex warder in celestial plate?

Because All men are created equal with certain unaleabke rights endowed unto them by their creator.

This is the very basis of the American Dream, that all men have the right of opportunity to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and that all men American citizens, both native and naturalized, should have equal treatment under the law regardless of birth or status.

If you disagree with it, then piss off and go to Saudi. You'll find their beliefs on race and gender roles much more closer to your own.

Fucking anti-American freedom hater. Everytime you open your faggot mouth, a bald eagle cries.

If you keep on talking about how cute she is she'll never get accepted as a squire! Knights can't have cute squires!

More brilliance from Spelljammer.

Now what are your thoughts on how to cheer up a sad kitsune, user?

Gas them

Never! She'll be here for lewd with Ameiko in Rise of the Jade Regent!

>foxposting

How do I build a level 11 paladin for maximum melee face-wrecking?

Make sure that your CHA is /at least/ 22 from leveling or from items, preferably 24. Use the fuck out of Smite on everything, either as an Archerdin for maximum full-attack goodness or as a Greatsword-User if you want your damage to be higher but more swingy.

>Make sure that your CHA is /at least/ 22 from leveling or from items, preferably 24.
why tho?

How good at stealth is your character?

Oh, and if you're going for Archerdin then play a Merfolk; bonuses to DEX, CON, and CHA all at once cannot be ignored, and your mobility won't really come into play because you've got great range with a composite longbow.

I'm going to pray for you. Because at this rate, with your level of degeneracy, you're going straight to hell

Tell me more about the knights in that last thread's campaign.

Democracy
And guns. Buying lots of guns and ammo
And even if you never use them, at least a percentage of the money goes to funding state Wildlife management efforts and game wardens.
Remember, you too must do your part in preserving the natural beauty of our great nation. Buy guns, hunting licences, and support your state and federal parks today.

>melee face-wrecking

>Archerdin

English not your first language?

Power attack + Furious Focus is nice. Cornugon Smash + hurtful + Intimidating Prowess is nice too.

We had the first session this last weekend

The players decided that returning the dingle-dongler of the cinnamon roll that got gender bent into a woman is a NOBLE QUEST, but first they need to become knights so that they can actually get enough renown to either get the witch who cursed the cinnamon roll to uncurse them or have a sufficiently powerful mage do the uncursing

>English not your first language?
Where are you getting that from? Archerdin is a fairly obvious paring down of "Paladin who uses archery"

he's referring to the fact that he requested a Melee build.

Well if 30ft reach is what you want, I guess we could do pistols then.

Bruh, he needs spiked chains... of JUSTICE

>Cornugon Smash + hurtful + Intimidating Prowess
Wait, nothing says you can't use Comugon Smash on every attack, that's a lot of chances to intimidate.

Yes.

But getting the extra attack from hurtful costs your swift so it isn't TOO good.

Pic Related: We're going to cap at level 6 then earn Mythic ranks as the story develops.

Help!

I am the party's de facto healer, but I wanna try to make it a wizard, using Infernal Healing (grants Fast Healing 1 for 1 minute), but our party leader and brawns is a paladin.

It is also extremely fitting to the situation at hand, because in the setting we're in, humanity has fallen at the hands of draconic hordes and merely survived, crippled, through a pact with devils.

Would willingly and knowingly accepting a spell that makes him be detected as if evil make him fall, and therefore negate my healing capabilities?

>detected as if evil make him fall, and therefore negate my healing capabilities
yes.

but not if he kills you as soon as you cast it.

Be a warpriest.

Why are foxes always portrayed as fuckable waifus on /pfg/ rather than obnoxiously clever tricksters?

>op
>fuckable waifu
uhhh....

Assuming standard rules and wanting a minimum of survivability

+X Greatsword. No materials (smite) or elemental damage (can and WILL be resisted)

Str > Cha > Con > Wis . Can afford a 7 in Dexterity and/or Int

Belt of +X STR or +Y STR & CON

Sheat that grants Keen

IF allowed, cloak of resistance AND of the Hedge Mage (transmutation), as it grants the spells Enlarge Person and Expeditious Retreat

H - Power Attack
1 - Furious Focus
3 - Iron Will
5 - Improved Iron Will
7 - Vital Strike
9 - Improved Critical
11 - Improved Vital Strike

I know vital strike sucks, but you may not get to do a full round attack THAT often (vital strike is a standard action), and Mythic Vital Strike doesn't

I meant in general, you silly goose.

Personally, I consider foxes a source of some amusement.

>tfw you will never see a cute kitsune waifu jump face-first into a pile of snow because she heard a critter

I'm seeing parallels with Buddhism here.

And I'm alright with that.

Spiked chains arent Reach in pathfinder duder.

Okay boys! have you ever gone maximum cringe and picked out theme music for your character?

>have you ever gone maximum cringe and picked out theme music for your character?

I have, though I can't post it on account of being in a game.

no because i'm not in a game.

I guess this is schrodinger's game.

i'd rather be in a game

Oh user, I think there's no question as to who I'm playing with.

> Gunslinger (Buccaneer) / Bard
I printed Alestorm lyrics and sung them in between rounds, 1 or 2 sentences (about 6 second) at a time.

>tfw no osirion catboy bf

Do you want him to be a meek fuccboi, or a surprisingly dominant stud?

Yeah. Ghost, because im a fuckboy. In my defence, she is undead and is petrified of death, since she doesn't know what, if anything waits for her, if resurrection magic will work, or if she even actually has a soul.

She's afraid of just disappearing. Vanishing from the world for nobody to remember.

sadly its an rl game mostly just for killing dudes and fuckabouts so actually rping this aint happening. Saving it for when i actually get to use her properly though.

No, it does not, and if your GM tries to say so, he's a nigger.

Small dom big sub is high test

H I G H T E S T

Id prefer a bronze skinned, oiled up stud over a fuccboi any day.

It's like you read my mind, user. Dominant stud it is.

He's going to climb that mountain and plant his claim for all to see.

but which mountain tho

Depends if he's sophisocated. And can pull off prince charming? If so? Oni Spawn is ripe for the romancing.

> The target detects as an evil creature for the duration of the spell and can sense the evil of the magic, though this has no long-term effect on the target’s alignment.
> Components V, S, M (1 drop of devil blood or 1 dose of unholy water)

I believe it would make for interesting roleplay opportunities, especially if the caster is trying to do good deeds.

The woof, obviously, because she smells like danger and that just makes the conquest so much sweeter.

Jesus fucking christ can you not?

Nigga he's a catboy from Osirion all the way in Varisia, if he can afford the journey he's either wealthy or worldly.

Can you not?

>implying Buddhism has a monopoly on that manner of philosophical thought.
If anything, it's closer to Zoroastrian, Sikh, or Mormon rather than Buddhist philosophy

Okay so guys, ive got a number of kineticist archetypes floating around in my head that I can't get rid of. Any thoughts on these?

>Pact Kineticists who have made deals with powerful entities for Esoteric abilities, like 4e Warlock Pacts
>Knight Kineticists that got proficiency in medium armor and martial weapons, and who dealt their blast damage on attacks with melee weapons
>Intelligence-based kineticist that got the ability to "prepare" blasts at the start of the day, making burn costs go down, and getting access to metamagic
>Alchemic-Blasters who dabbled in Alchemy to enhance their natural blasting potential, and who get alchemist discoveries and a Mutagen

>All men are created equal
>written by people who owned slaves

topkek

you're not a "man" unless you are of the right socioeconomic class

they seem alright i guess?

Been meaning to ask...

Is a permanent Enlarge person worth it? Thematically it seems like a fantastic idea for me.

>I believe it would make for interesting roleplay opportunities for the Paladin to lose all class features and need to spend days and hundreds of gold to regain them, just because the wizard wanted to be useful and heal him
Nigger.

>NOT picking out theme music for your character

C'mon man

God made all men
Lincoln made all men free
Colt made all men equal
Now shut the fuck up before Mr. Colt and I show you how equal you are to a slice of ham.

Oh yeah. Also Die Young by Kesha for my kobold barbarian girl, and The Nights by Avici for her dad.

Commonality is mortality. Her grandpa impressed upon his son that you need to make the absolute most of your life, and he passed that on to his daughter.

Kobolds dont have the best lifespan even by human standards, and its outright momentary by most other races. Gotta make the most of what you've got while you've got it.

this pleases me

All of my monks get this theme. No exception... mainly because i find it hard to find Japanese music i like.

youtube.com/watch?v=EglAxEwRWvQ

Wuff and Oni are either gonna fight have a fight over him... or wuff wins and Oni will cater their wedding.

Yeah, im not the most religiously educated. I can't say I know much even about Buddhism, but I know more about it than those. I didn't mean to imply anything.

Why not share?

May I suggest an alternative?

youtu.be/SFSen7DRQWU

Well that leads into situation one eventually. Those Cheap copper store romance novels don't mention any thing about a third wheel for "True Love". There might be some intermissions, but eventually the "Who do you like more" question is gonna come up.

That's on my Brawler, Ace taste tho.

there can only be one alpha wuff user

But of course, my dude

youtube.com/watch?v=k9VT9Bfdg1g
youtube.com/watch?v=k03dmfhcG60
youtube.com/watch?v=XS9gUUFz6Ps

youtube.com/watch?v=ccQZFMSuASk

youtube.com/watch?v=tFfhbbHrJ9o&spfreload=5

Yeah, my whole group does it. I do it for major NPCs and enemies too when I'm designing them as a GM.

Like what I posted, for example.

I dunno. I enjoy it?

don't tease me like this user

Did either of you have a preference for this tomcat's classes? I was thinking Commando/Bard but hey, anything's open this early in the campaign.

Guys, I've lost a bet and HAVE to play a fucking kineticist. I need help.

Is there any archetype that allows me to pick four elements, go full avatar, preferably before the game is over at level fifteen? I am willing to spend the shekels and buy 3rd party products if necessary.

If not, how viable is it sticking with Aether and trying to be Green Lantern? Again, I'm willing to buy a book or two for some good talents.