youtu.be/f-D1yH-PR6E
youtu.be/byib8xlDQxk
youtu.be/jjvBnrxiLDc
youtube.com/watch?v=nElIA_ry-0s
youtube.com/watch?v=sKKt2KHE53U
youtube.com/watch?v=4CSFkjPm0A0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Tract for Sexagesima Sunday
>Chanson d'Autumne (Risk of Rain Soundtrack)
>Jack's Lament (Nightmare Before Christmas)
A party of cool headed rogues infiltrate a large temple to investigate a string of dissapearances, caused by the mad lich of a former abbot abducting them to try and have them reconvince him of the faith he lost, killing them if they fail.

>Bobby in Pheonix by Gorillaz
This world is formed out of the memories of its inhabitants. The main city, Pheonix, is a collage of various cityscapes fused together into one massive whole.
>Clint Eastwood, also by Gorillaz
The players are adventurers, journeying into the stranger or more violent memoryscapes in order to retrieve the strange and powerful artifacts residing there.
>Kid A by Radiohead
A slow plague of amnesia is sweeping across the plane, causing the world to slowly be destroyed as more and more people forget. The players must find the source of the plague and end it before it consumes them.

> Lava (From the Animated Short)
>When I'm Gone (Eminem)
>Hell in a Handbasket (Voltaire)

A depressed father and his neglected daughter take a vacation to Hawaii to reconnect, only to discover the islands house an oddly cheerful Satanic Cult led by a real great guy who's sacrificing tourist to the Fallen One because he thinks its inevitable.

>first song inspires your setting
Nujabes - Feather (ft. Cise Starr & Akin)
youtube.com/watch?v=AqrGEZwZ60E
Definitely something samurai champloo related

>second song determines your party
Disturbed - Land of Confusion
youtube.com/watch?v=YV4oYkIeGJc
Edgy CN characters

>third song determines your bbeg
Notorious B.I.G. - Big Poppa
youtube.com/watch?v=Jha4OkG-ixw
A very fat ogre bard

I'd play it.

Patrician taste, 90sfag

>The Boys are Back in Town
>Penultimo by Blonde Redhead
>Drink the Blood of the Priest by Brocas Helm

A group of jaded late-20s early-30s adults return to their childhood neighborhood to find that it's been taken over by a charismatic Satanic cult leader. You and me, user

Setting:

Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye

oh my..... a retro futuristic 70's Chicago?

Party:

Kings of Minneapolis Pts. III and IV by Bomb The Music Industry!

A group of teens with 'tude, homeless and hell bent on bringing punk rock to this smooth, soulful, corporate land.

BBEG:
A.M. 180 by Grandaddy
A computer, hell bent on keeping the city running smoothly, sense the punk rock teens and begins to manipulate the inner workings of the cities mechanized areas to stop them in their tracks, until finally beginning to use music to control the citizens into attacking the teens as they try to bash and jam their way to the city center.

but user The Fall is from 2011

damnit... I used hell bent twice. I'm normally a better writer than that.

>Enchanted Moonlight (Lyriel)
>Cartouche (Blackmore's Night)
>Feure Frei (Sabaton cover of Rammstein)

The setting is a Faerieland that consists of an endless field constantly bathed in the light of the full moon. Those struck by the light experience heightened senses and feelings of love. The party consists of a band of magical thieves and performers themed after the zodiac. They're trying to stop the invasion of humanity and its rapidly advancing superior technology, the BBEG himself being a military leader determined to end the Fae once and for all.

>Red Sun
>Bloodstone
>Can't Stop The Rock
A group of blood mages travel through a scorching desert to defeat a rampaging rock monster. Surprisingly neat.

I'll be honest I was just looking at the band names.

> youtu.be/NLRxuEheG-M
> youtu.be/Af6JRDhNBiw
> youtu.be/vrrky5Jg9D0

Can you even fucking imagine the plot?

> A setting where God is dead, or the world is looking for him.
> The party are Mad Gods.
> Fighting a New God of Atheism.

>Electric Six - Escape from Ohio
>youtube.com/watch?v=e7SuBBpLX-A
Apparently we need to get out of Ohio after our bus breaks down

>Demons & Wizards - Poor Man's Crusade"
>youtube.com/watch?v=DdU7xg_cSlU
DEUS VAULT MOTHERFUCKER! CRUSADE TIME BITCHES!

>Mindless Self Indulgence - Capitol P
>youtube.com/watch?v=-9fOfd3WQQo
Apparently he is a massive pervert and wants us locked in a room with himself so he can touch himself and get us to touch him too. We can crusade against this! IT IS GOOD!

Shit I vaulted instead of vulted!

DON'T KILL ME!

>Kingdom Come by Manowar
This one is a bit tricky. Perhaps a world were nations are falling to the forces of evil and a single nation stands tall, enlightened through self improvement.
>The Lion From The North by Sabaton
Everyone is literally Gustavus Adolphus.
>General of The Dark Army by Unleash The Archers
Hmm

>Setting: Another Brick In The Wall Pt2 - Pink Floyd

Hyper-strict school built around values of obedience and discipline, crushing the spirits of the students that attend.

>Party: Going Around - Jody Whitesides

The party is a group of aimless teenagers, each trying to find themselves in an environment that condemns such free thought.

>BBEG: D.A.N.C.E - Justice

Rather than putting themselves against the system they're stuck in, the true enemy is the constant allure of the town's party scene, which beckons each hero to drop out of school and become a burnout club-hopper. Each student must find a way to get what they need to out of school, without losing their patience and surrendering themselves to convenient - but ultimately self-destructive - hedonism.

>Setting: "The Island Part 1" by Pendulum
A desert island far from anything else. There's a bunch of technological wreckage lying about, which indicates a much more advanced society than exists currently. I'm thinking mostly colors like the American Southwest around Zions National Park except broken up by scattered derelict structures that look like wasted Apple technology. Like it was once slick and minimalist, but now the edges are chipped and the faces are scarred with innards strung out like a wolf had been pulling at the corpse.

>Protagonist: "Faust" by The Human Abstract
A lone man haunted by his past. He's wrapped up with a conversation he has with a "demon", which is actually an AI, that follows him about. Whenever he's in trouble or needs something, the demon will hold help just out of his reach, trying to get him to promise his soul or an equivalent. The protagonist is trying to survive in the wilderness of the Island, as he is the last member of a group sent to investigate the wreckage there. He is slowly losing his will to not give in to the demon, and it seems very bleak for him

>Antagonist: "In the End It's Your Friends" by Shout Out Out Out Out
The remnants of the protagonist's party who have been taken over by the demon AI. They're trying to push him over the edge into accepting the demon's bargain so that he will be subsumed and controlled as well. After all, in the end, it's your friends that will fuck you over.

Stealth and Cunning from the D&D Midnight Sydicate album...so standard fantasy world

Power Ballad by Shawn Coleman from Squidbillies... so bards trying to get laid

Geese Howard theme from Real Bout Fatal Fury Special... so Geese Howard

not terrible

>The World At Large by Modest Mouse
The world, 50 years from now. Climate change and the Oil Wars are devestating the planet. A general sense of hopelessness and futility has fell over the entire populace.
>Smiley Faces
The PCs are thrillseekers, attempting to drain the last dregs of happiness out of this world before it's gone forever.
>Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
The enemy is the world itself. The PCs have to avoid succumbing to the malaise that has already affected everyone else.

look up "VeloCITY: The Wind in Your Hair"

>Mordred's Lullaby, Heather Dale
>Mayhem, Ace Combat Zero OST
>Harder Better Faster Stronger (live version), Daft Punk

Right from the get-go we're obviously going Arthurian Legend. That actually leaves us with a lot of conceptual space, considering that in later tales, there were Arab knights and shit. On the other hand, it's a very dark take on the setting we're using, not whitewashing anything or anyone. Probably going to focus a lot more on the foibles of the various characters, such as Arthur's mass-murder of infants and his immaturity in earlier tales.

The party is a strange mix of sophistication and edge, a younger generation of knights looking to establish themselves and make their deeds known to the world. They favor action over reflection.

The BBEG would be seen by some as an innovator, a changer of ways, perhaps even a visionary, but in the end, what he's really doing is stripping away individuality and forcing some sort of conformity. Perhaps he's a rebellious baron with strange new ideas about economics and pike blocks. Whatever, he's managed to get the crowd fired up, and he has a support base with high morale.

>The Temple of Doom by John Williams
I'm thinking satanic underdark, man-eating drow, subterranean giants, massive tunnel snakes. All the good, over the top underdark shenanigans we know and love.
>Armory by Daft Punk
Alright, futuristic technomancers looking for an artifact that the primitive people of this realm don't understand. Maybe even an aetherpunk vibe, probably just high-tech with a hint of pseudo-magic.
>Benny. Fucking. Hill.
The BBEG is an eight-legged rooster that has been "tamed" by some troglodytes or something, and they run rampant. It's a recurring villain who will randomly break through walls during important plot points and the players have to fight it off or rodeo it into submission.

This is fun!

>A villain inspired by the Benny Hill Show theme
Fucking priceless.

look up "VeloCITY: The Wind in Your Hair"

Rainbow Connection- Muppets

Road of Trials- Journey OST

HELL 2 U- JJBA All Star Battle OST

A group of cloaked figures travel through a magical world to oppose an evil fire-wielding sorcerer in a lighthearted, optimistic adventure.

> In The End (Linkin Park)

Edgy, everything slowly falling apart. The world is slowly dying.

> OK -- Synechdoche, New York soundtrack.

The players are a group of old people coming to terms with the inevitability of death.

> Anaconda (Nyanners)

Uh, the BBEG is an anime girl who has no sexual interest in the players (unless they get buns) and is also a snake.

>conscience killer by black rebel motorcycle club
Either a dystopian or post apocalypse mad maxian setting full of people either scraping or turning to banditry to survive

>waxies Dargle
Two middle-aged man who just want to sit and have a "few" pints and complain about their lives and wives, get wrapped in the bbegs plot, and are forced to try and stop him, after a few more pints of course

>Come on by biggie smalls(Thomas the dank engine)
A mad man with train, armed to the teeth, has been steadily gaining territory and control over other gangs, raiding caravans and towns.

Well, okay, time to embarrass myself.

>Come To My Garden/Lift Me Up from The Secret Garden: Original Broadway Cast
Some sort of arboreal, generally plant-based setting high on the "mystical" stuff. Very pretty magic. Probably there are elves.
>Despertar; Aisha Duo - Quiet Songs
Why do I have this? It is an instrumental piece. Anyway, I think the PCs will be working from the shadows, more brains and charisma than brawn or such.
>San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair) - Scott McKenzie
Hahaha. Clearly, the bad guy is some sort of hippy who is secretly some sort of mind-controlling cult leader. Possibly they are the leader of this plant-y land, and thus why the heroes are sneaking around in their fight against them.

>Setting: "By the Sword in My Hand" by Tyr
We're in Viking Times. Icy northern shores with hardy and strong people who plow the fields and fish the waters and raid the lesser peoples across the sea.

>Protagonists: "Song of Solomon" by Animals as Leaders
The party is made up of norsemen enlightened by the teachings of Solomon. They learn of things like alchemy and poetry and having a shitton of money.

>Antagonist: "Prelude" by Bear Ghost
The antagonist is.. a ballet instructor... uh... well. The ballet instructor knows how to teach someone to dance to the Song of Solomon in a way that will destroy the earth. The protagonists must kidnap his protege and keep her from learning and performing the dance. Also stab the shit out of the poncy asshat and pillage, rape, and burn their way through France.

heh holy shit fuckin dope. runnin this ish next one-off wednesday my group decides to have

Going again because this is cool...

>679 by Fetty Wap
The ghetto, but not a terrible part of the city. You won't get shot for wearing the wrong colors (usually), but looking for trouble will get you some.
>Broken by Gorillaz
Mentally-damaged hood rats and criminals just looking to do good but are hindered by their own issues. So, your average D&D party. I'm thinking they work for some depraved crime boss, forced into his service somehow. Maybe he's a vampire.
>The Antagonist by Lil Dicky
We have a rich businessman's son who is looking for an antagonist and found one in the vampire. The party needs to take him down. The son is angry at the world and himself and his father. He uses his resources to exert his will on the world around him. He isn't a misunderstood kid, he's an asshole. However, he isn't a psychopath under all the layers. This kid is mad at the world and he is human, that's all.

i mean using the idea, obvi no game to use

>>first song inspires your setting
Abyssmal Dawn-Crown Desire
Set in a failing monarchy where things are all pretty shit but people still strive for power because power. The sun is blotted out by large clouds constantly and the citizens yearn for the olden days, back when everything wasnt so shit and they felt the warmth of the sun.

>>second song determines your party
Elevuite-Nata
The party is comprised of people who, in an attempt to escape the day to day drudgery, returned to nature to live as celtics of old. All originally from the green isle.

>>third song determines your bbeg
Allegaeon-Gravimetric Time Dilation
A scientist has learned how to manipulate the forces of gravity and subtly mess with peoples perception of time. This has allowed him to rise into power and subjugate the world through the use of this power.

>Somebody to Love by Queen

A world of loneliness, where people look to attach themselves to anything to give their lives meaning. Whether it's loved ones, ideals, money, that attachment drives their ambition to realize their goals in the face of adversity from nearly everybody around them.

>Burn Your Crosses by Sabaton

The party is a band of crusading atheists. Insert your fedora jokes here.

>RX-0 from Gundam Unicorn

The BBEG is a little man in a machine who believes in making the world disarm by force. His white machine and great power makes him look messiahnic, something the party cannot abide by.

>You're Mine by Carpenter Brut
Either a desert or a futuristic city like the 80's.

>Sympathy by some Jap Artist, cuz I'm a weab
Bunch of high school demon students

>Who's the Sucker by Pink Guy
Fuckin' Chin Chin

I have shit taste and am weab trash.

>Destructo - Techno (Dr. Fresch remix)
I'm getting the vibes of a very, very industrialized cyberpunk setting, like L.A from Blade Runner, although with more garish Neon lights and casual cybernetics.
>Snake Eater — Japanese version
Well, I guess that roots our story in Asia, huh? The party naturally would be a spec ops team, consisting of either hush-hush secret agents, corporate mercenaries and other people of a loyalty that's assured but still questionable. Very Espionage.
>Megalo Strike Back
A vain and egomaniacal A.I that's not exactly 'all there', so to speak. Its spread throughout the city and hard to ultimately destroy, unless the main server for it could be found or if you decide to EMP the city.

>Monkey Business by PAIN youtube.com/watch?v=Wr2A5HrYt9s
Shadowrunny fuck the government setting

>Sparta by Sabaton
youtube.com/watch?v=p1SlBlB5pzU
Badass Warriors/Terroists fighting against oppressive regime.

>youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
PILLER MEN!! or some magnificent egyptian demigod

Last one, hope this is up on the morning.

>Boyfriend by Justin Beiber
Fuck. Cyberpunk, but we are up in the megacorps... So not cyberpunk. Anyway, it's the party life of the obscenely rich young adults who don't actually do any business. They just party and fuck and steal all day and all night. They also have incredible resources, which means they are both dangerous and immature.
>Safeguard by Hans Zimmer
Spec ops team that busts through windows and crashes planes and everything. Serious campaign. Maybe the depraved antics of this nobility class is juxtaposed against the party for ironic effect, especially since the party looks like the only not douchey ones.
>Spontaneity by Lil Dicky
I don't even like this one. I guess it's a member of the party nobility that wants to be a thug, walking around with colors and sagging his $700 basketball shorts but a comically high-tech "gat." Not the best BBEG...

>Laura Plays The Piano - Akira Yamaoka
Post apocalyptic RP where the world has no sunlight. The only light comes from music playing, and not just stereos but people actually playing instruments or singing.

>Glawio - Com Truise
The party's managed to find a way to make certain kinds of played music work, but only if it's DJed. This will greatly reduce the stress and strain on Musicians.

>Roll Over Beethoven - Chuck Berry
A man really, really fucking tired of hearing pianos, violins, and other classical instruments. His mission is to destroy them all so that he doesn't have to hear them anymore.

The oppressive regime accidentally uncovers a group of four monsters and sends them after the party.

Cyberpunk Battle Tendency

>youtube.com/watch?v=lTx3G6h2xyA
Pseudo-modern setting, maybe just in the future or just in the past, relatively nice, with a bauhaus feel to the architecture.

>youtube.com/watch?v=M-F8iQiLiyc
The fastest lads around

>youtube.com/watch?v=xphZkAiJve0
A thirties-style gangster come to return this modern world to a place where gangs and the mafia hold dominion, protecting their people and waging war on those he deems to be cutting in on his business.

>Shame on the Night by Dio
A world shrouded in endless night, the gods have been murdered and the light they provided has faded. A modern 80s inspired dark fantasy to fit with the second song.
>Star by David Bowie
The party is an up and coming Rock and Roll band that must fight for fame fortune and survival in this Dark World.
and oh boy the last one, I hardly understand what their talking about even when it's in English, but I looked up a translation for the Spanish so I kinda get it.
>L'via L'viaquez
After seeing her brother beat to death by a priest, L'via cursed the gods and vowed to one day kill them all. Eventually one by one she did, becoming more powerful with each god killed, eventually becoming a dark goddess herself. Her death may be the only hope this world has to regain it's light.

forgot to mention last song is by The Mars Volta.

> Out Of It (Delamare Remix) by Mothica
I think I'm gonna go classic weird and say that the entire setting is inside this chicks mind. I'll say she's an diagnosed teenage chick whose childhood imaginary friend and his realm and going super dark. She's lost it and the setting is basically anything childhood overtly disturbing and dangerous or weak and scared. Because she's a teen she also is filled with romantic interests and thoughts so it's like this darkly romantic world made of childhood monsters.

> The Killers - Human
So the party is mixed, some being the more friendly of races, like pixies, elves, tree people while others are the more monsterous, like shadow beasts, boogeymen, and ghosts. Each has had a sudden realization that they're living in a dream. This means they can act in our world too so you'd have some of them being better at dealing with modern society.

CYN - We Don't Try (Galimatias)
Ok so the bbeg is a female ghost whose realized that they're living in the mad ravings of a teenage girl and wants to wake her to that fact so she'll be the only one with her cause she's utterly in love with her.

Fucking amazing, gonna try and have my dnd game be set there.

> Metric - The List
There are technically places in the setting other than night clubs, hotels, and dive bars, but they don't matter. It's been the early 2000s for the last thousand years because nobody can think of a new way to do pop music.

> James Kochalka Superstar - Twinkle Twinkle Ringo Star
Your party is the Beatles, but shitty.

> Mr. Gnome - Melted Rainbow
There's a malevolent entity behind the thousand years of stagnation, but you can only interact with it when you're on really good acid. You have no way to perceive its true form.

>1 The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot
Near Future modern campaign taking place in Not!Silicon Valley, following the corporate espionage and competitive development of Artificial Intelligence and related Political Intrigue.
>2 K-OS - Man I Used to Be
Fired/Retired/Discharged employees of government/corporate/organized crime looking to start fresh after getting a chance to get out, only to be blackmailed into working for a company in the city.
>3 Dream Theater - Root of all Evil
BBEG is a psychpathic techno-savant out to start WW3 with information warfare, political maneuvering, and corporate dominance.

Fall Harder by Skylar Spence
Tongue Tied by Grouplove
My Type by Saint Motel

Setting is cyberpunk utopia, memepunk. No magic, but psykers exist. Players must navigate the glittering bubblegum pop Noosphere and incept new, fresh memes into the global subconscious by order of our glorious corporate overlords.

The party is a green group of aspiring memesmiths. They have incredibly low speech skills, but a fairly good seductive charm. Their resources are decent, their circle of friends is large, their supply of mind altering chemicals is decent. Their chances aren't great, but in the game of memes either you win or no one knows you exist.

Their BBEG is a smooth talking executive from one of the major corporations. Her powers of seduction outstrip all others, her resources are massive, but her friends are all sycophants. Her dark secret is that she is a serial rapist with particular tastes. Perhaps she has taken a liking to a party member and now desires to rape one of our heroes? Most likely she took a shine to a PC after seeing footage if them in action on an element of their dive that brought them into the periphery of her corporate interests.

That shit is far too real for anything inspired by Justice to be.

This thread really spawned some ridiculous BBEGs.

So it’s the Neverending Story, but in Pheonix?

7 Minutes In Heaven - the world is sornful but the younger gederation is filled with loud and brash action. The world is kinda having a civil war and the architecture's dark and sornful statues are crumbling to dust in it. Most of the monsters are either overtly violent and "cool" or dark demonic presence that's ancient and hide in the shadows. The worlds also wrapped up in poetry, all the wizards are poets who use their words to craft magic.

Age of Kings - Mountain Goats
The party is all older people, knights and wizard poets and such, who've started to try to be neutral in the war and hunt the demons that infest the chaos.

All The Shine - Childish Gambino
The bbeg is sornful for his evil but thinks that it's all he can do. He used to be an active member of the younger rebels but aged out of their mindset. Now is using and destroying anyone who gets near him. Not an active threat but his poetry magic is completely overpowering and he'll end up being a nuke of magic if he keeps acting like he does.

Pretty much. Also, there are thematic monsters formed out of traumatic memories.

>Evolution by KORN
>Beauty of Annihilation by Elena Siegman
>For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica

>Some sort of post-apocalyptic world where almost everything is dead or trying to kill each other. The BBEG is some sort of demonic/death god trying to finally finish the world off?
>2edgy4me

> Astelle - American Boy
The setting has two places, an ancient and exotic land that's very "eastern europe small town" full of ancient evils and a foreign place full of massive stone building yet a hive of partying and intrigue. The foreign place has massive trains that transit everyone from place to place. They're run by rich pimped out super kings that use the poorer populace for anything they can. There is a new super-pimp king whose from the streets and wants to save his people from servitude but he's arrogant and foolish. (His pimp magic is amazing)

> Apartment - Modern Baseball
The party are awkward twenty-somethings who are trying to figure out what to do with their pretty amazing new form of pimp magic as sons of the merchant class, middle between Pimp and Slave. It's powered by truth and romance unlike traditional swag-based pimp magic.

The Ballad of Bull Ramos - Mountain Goats
Well the bbeg is an older wrestler whose friendly demeanor hides his lich powers. Unknown to his addoring public he killed King Santo for his life force.

>Hollywood by P.O.D.
>No Need to Explain by Lacuna Coil
>Overcome by Creed

I had to reroll this one 'cause I got two songs from the Cowboy Bebop OSTs and a vidya remix.

The action takes place in a rundown city filled with filth, debauchery, and corruption. Our heroes are new in town, the underdog rock band with a new sound and something to prove, but the Rock Gods are arrayed against them and plan to shred them like they do their guitars. Fuck yeah.

>Heaven For Everyone- Queen
Setting is heaven then
>Machine Gun- Jimi Hendrix
The party is a group of soldiers from the vietnam war, killed as they tried to flee
>Get Back- The Beatles
The bbeg is a general that forced them to come to the war they didn't want to be at who came from Tucson, Arizona. Now in the afterlife, the party wants their revenge for being killed

Where's dark and light don't differ - immortal
Air force one: anti terrorism - docking - perfect dark soundtrack
Heavy metalucifer - metalucifer

Setting is in a section of the north pole, where due to an irregular axis, the sun never shines. The land is filled with predatory beasts who have long ago adapted to hunting in pitch black.

The party is an elite team of cybernetically enhanced agents who answer directly to the president - no one else even knows of their existence.

The villain is the head of a satanic cult who has kidnapped several geologists to help him build a superdrill to be used to over mine the Arctic, throwing the rest of the world into environmental turmoil

>Hong Kong by Gorillaz
Hong Kong, obviously, albeit a version that is slowly and beautifully tearing itself apart.
>Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Part 1 By the Flaming Lips
The party were once acclaimed martial artists, but circumstances beyond her control have led to them aimlessly wandering the city.
>Today's Supernatural
Anarchists/Drug Dealers/Occultists who seek to restore magic to the world by slowly transforming the world into a thoughtform that can be shaped by the wills of those living in it.

I would play the fuck out of this game.

I just want a bunch of polar bears who have adapted to pure night so they have giant eyes like some kind of deep sea fish

Shining a light at them could be like a stun grenade is to us. They're too sensitive to light.

Feral walruses with bioluminescent tusks to attract prey.
Arctic falcons who are now more bat like and use echolocation.
Eskimos with eyes the size of dinner plates

>To Astoria! by Five Iron Frenzy
Several sea-faring nations on a series of islands in an age of exploration. Themes include a focus on freedom, hope, and good-will.
>Don't Wait For Me by Josh Garrels
Party is comprised of outcasts and misfits leaving home for various reason and banding together as they seek the fabled paradise Astoria.
>So Far, So Bad by Five Iron Frenzy
However, the party doesn't experience the grand adventure they expected and greatest challenge they face is overcoming their own doubt. Does Astoria even exist? What if they were wrong to leave home? They are constantly tempted to give up, wondering if people back home will at least accept them back, even if they'd be shamed for the rest of their lives.

That was... strange. I don't think it would make a great campaign, but maybe it could be a good book.

>For a Few Dollars More Theme
Nice gool ol' western stuff, betrayal over money and guns.

>Buddy, by Willie Nelson
Two old friends going on an adventure and trying to stay away from bitches

>These Boots are Made for Walkin', Nancy Sinatra
Gorgeous blond dominatrix who wants to catch the party 'cause one of them cheated on her.

Oh, I would be so down for playing this. Sounds awesome. Also, superb taste in music, user!

>Tapedeck, Silversun Pickups
80's cyberpunk Los Angeles, following the Canadian invasion and global reforming, a winter wasteland dominated by a quasi-communist government full of courruption and secrecy, but it pales in comparison to the dark underbellies of Los Angeles, where a foundling gang of drug runners are about to stumble upon the deal of a lifetime.
>Full On Kevin's Mom, Soundgarden
That's right. A mother and son duo. The mother, still young but haggard from the weary life of trying to do right but had nowhere to go but deeper into the complex drug empire of Los Angeles. Her son, raised to be jaded. He values nothing, not even life itself. Neither one is necessarily a professional of anything, but the two seem to form two halves of a Jack of All Trades to get by. But, now they've been given the task of smuggling something much more expensive than any drug: information.
>Robbery, Assault and Battery, Genesis
Information that could ultimately convict a very wealthy kingpin, who had built up his empire on executing the greatest heists in history. They had a tab on every one, and could find every treasure he had come to possess, if they so chose. However, there is no more dangerous an enemy than a professional thief. A man who knows the inner workings of both the criminal and the lawful mind, who knows how to sneak through the cracks and find exactly what he is looking for. Nobody can sleep easy knowing that he may be creeping across the floorboards under your bed, ready to take anything... including your life.

>Captain Beefheart - Old Fart at Play
a setting in which countless magic wars left the air contaminated, so everyone has to wear special gas masks even during their daily lives. some of the masks are very complex and ornate with different functions, they are made by talented specialised craftsmen
>Big Black - The Model
The party is made up of ex-models who were unfairly fired and are looking for revenge
>Big Black - Bad Penny
The villain is a manipulative sociopath who has blended into society and enjoys ruining peoples lives for fun and profit, he's the one behind firing the models

>Starman by David Bowie
>Bat Out of Hell by Meatloaf
>Lady by Styx

So we have a setting with some kind of god being watching over the land who is unable to visit his people for fear of harming them.

The party is a group of adrenaline junkies who recently left their more comfortable lives in pursuit of the horizon.

Finally the villain would be the very women they left behind. Which could be interesting if they were somehow related to the god thing.

>Finnegan's Hell - The Molly Maguires
youtube.com/watch?v=89VawWRyaf8
>Gráinne Mhaol, Queen Of Pirates - Miracle Of Sound
youtube.com/watch?v=iOafalF22kI
>Rock Style 2, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
youtube.com/watch?v=QPzxATaiqeA

Uh...celtic pirate crew (possibly all female) against an american yuppie/greaser CEO in an irish coal mine town and mining complex.

>First song, Gallipoli by Sabaton
"Huh, interesting
>Second song, Imperial March Leviathan Mix
"Uhhhh"
>Third Song: Hardware Store by Weird Al

Welp, looks like the Brave Little Toaster started world war one.

Funk'n Base by Eisenfunk
youtube.com/watch?v=4DSiyXER0oU
Can't really think of a more cyberpunk style song.

In my Tears by Emigrate
youtube.com/watch?v=aEFxM3Q2kbg
The group is depressed by their life/situation in this techno dystopia and wish to escape, but aren't really motivated/sure how.

Dance Commander by Electric 6
youtube.com/watch?v=SKLd2Ht36n0
The BBEG is a hardcore party animal. He's the polar opposite of the party as he is absolutely loving his life, largely due to his underworld connections. His motivation is to keep his high going for as long as he can, disregarding any destruction he causes.

I don't have a music program on this computer, so I'll have to go with Youtube recommendations.

>Cry For The Moon, Epica
The setting is an alternate reality where the world is ruled by the oppressive Catholic Church. Without any oversight, corruption and hypocrisy are rampant.
>Mimikyu's Song
The party is composed of benevolent eldritch abominations pretending to be people, but something about them is obviously uncanny valley.
>Digimon Adventure, Brave Heart (English cover)
Our BBEG is a crusader of the church, blinded by faith and completely certain that his superiors could never lead him wrong. He does everything in his power to protect the people, and believes the party are agents of Hell come to turn the people against God.

Your BBEG

>(This Song is Definitely Not About a Boy) - Makeshift Shelters
Generic small town in mid america with lots of teen angst... great

>Your HeartIs a Muscle the Size of Your Fist - Ramshackle Glory
Party is a group of generic paranoid, depressing 20-somethings with creative skills

>Crime Spree - Masked Intruder
So the BBEG(s) are two lovers just trying to find some excitement in life, and are doing so by committing crimes in said town

Sweet jesus this is some slice-of-life bullshit

>Setting
Night Business (Perturbator)
>Party
Hot Wind Blowing (Metal Gear Rising Soundtrack)
>BBEG
Psycho Ball and Chain (The Creepshow)

Cyberpunk campaign where the party is all ex-military, villain is one of their wives? Maybe secret real villain is the wife of a corporate/gang member?
Could be fun, the twist on the BBEG is kinda dumb though.

>Panty Shot
I'll uh, just skip.

>Pitiless - Dilemn
>youtu.be/f-D1yH-PR6E
Well, I guess we're saints row now, given that it's from the soundtrack.
>Bloodlip - Matduke
>youtu.be/byib8xlDQxk
And this is tailor made to be about a team of anti-heroes or villains
>Transcendental Rage For the Fundamentals - Fractured
>youtu.be/jjvBnrxiLDc
And the BBEG is an angry nihilist who has declared enmity against the fundamental concept of reality.

So basically a saints row game? I'd play it.

>Hoodoo - Muse
>Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
>Roller Mobster - Carpenter Brut

Set in a retro-futuristic universe where man has settled across the milky way, Russian mobsters have taken over Mars. A group of bards lead by an extra-terrestrial messenger are the only people planet-side able to shut this down, and the mob didn't exactly pay them well after the concert they performed...

Underrated setting.

>Suidakra–Dowth 2059
Hoo boy. A celtic black book of power dug up in near future. Promising start.
>Audioslave–Original Fire
A band of driftin' rockas. Right or wrong, with dirty hands on wires, singing songs in dischord choirs...
>Svartsot–Markedstid
Vikings getting drunk and trading... and then cutting up a catholic priest into pieces. Neato.

So, weird shit starts happening in the world, myths start slowly coming to life.
Reconstructors in da town look all friendly and welcoming, but they actually are nutsy neo-pagans practicing human sacrifice and setting up explosives under churches, directed by either crazy charismatic leader or one of the mythical creatures (a valkyria? minor god? maybe these guys are only a part of bigger cult with Tyr or Wodan himself in charge?)
Party is a music band, not too famous, but they got some bucks from bandcamp and even had a concert. Their member gets involved somehow with dem vikings, sees what he shouldn't have seen, and one of neopagan 'shieldmaidens' falsely accuses him of rape before he can bring the word to the police so that he's discredited.
INVESTIGATE

>>first song inspires your setting
>Morning Star - David Maslanka
Looks like a noblebright campaign with a lot of good feelings and righteous acts.

>>second song determines your party
>Just Like a Woman - Bob Dylan
Sounds like a traveling group of bards and sweet-talkers. I'm liking this already.

>>third song determines your bbeg
>Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
Old-school crooner with his fingers in sticky business out of necessity.

I see lots of music in expensive 1950s cafes in my future.

>Space Dementia- Muse
Long Haul space flight where people have awoken from cryostasis with no memories

>The Devil Went Down to Georgia- Charlie Daniels Band
Redneck bards

>Gekko no Tsurugi- Nana Mizuki
Female samurai/pop singer

would play several games of this space horror/opera of rednecks vs samurai idol

>power rangers turbo theme
so....super sentai inspired awesome?
>Don't Stop me Now
fabulousness
>Smooth Criminal
Suave as fuck serial killer?

>Resolution - Masaaki Endoh Cover
Post apocalyptic wasteland, then

>Soul of Steel
A group of people piloting giant robots that combine together...?

>Bryger Opening
A cheery self-proclaimed ace detective who punishes all those who go against his concept of justice with death and thinks he's super cool
Also he pilots a super robot

Holy fuck i would play the hell out of this, i love it

Setting:
>"Renaissance Superman" by 1200 Micrograms
Instrumental track so kind of difficult. Probably some sort of fantasy world with a whole bunch of Da Vinci inspired tech (canvaspunk?). Also drugs would feature prominently.

Party:
>"Im Rhythmus Blieben" by Front242
Always makes me think of The Drummers from diamond age. So a collection of people from an aquatic magitech cult/gestalt mind-computer with their sense of individuality returned in order to help thwart the BBEG.

BBEG:
>"Stigmata" by Ministry
The Man With The Hollow Eyes. Not just the typical doomsday cult leading demagogue fuck-knuckle we all know and love but one empowered by demonic forces (or a demon himself) able to convince all but the most powerfully protected minds of the absolute truth of his words when they hear him speaking in person and to consume the souls of his enemies through the hollow black spheres in his eye sockets.

I have no idea how I would run this but if I ever met anyone who could I would volunteer eagerly.

I really fucking like the sound of canvaspunk.

I Like - Men Without Hats
They kidnapped Tony. Where did they go? Some kinda intrigue campaign about getting Tony back.

The Seeker - The Who
Party is a ragtag group of soulsearchers. From the classic hippie to the mid-life crisis office worker. They're all bound together by their desire to save Tony, who they all knew in some way. Early on, a sage (or just a really wise, high person) tells them that searching for Tony will lead them to their destiny, so they go.

Pinball Wizard - (also) The Who (same artist twice in a row. Low odds.)
The crime lord behind Tony's kidnapping cares more about pinball than running the mafia. He gives his big monologue while playing pinball. And then, when the party firnly belueves he's the kind of useless BBEG that can't really fight, he hits a switch, dropping the party down into a giant pinball chamber he had built. The BBEG is playing thos giant pinball, trying to squash the party. If he gets a game over, he'll get mad and burst in only to be killed by the party.

>Pirates of Alternia: Dead Troll's Chest
Fuck homestuck, let's go vaguely asian pirates

>Despair and Triumph
From based Kevin MacLeod comes a tale of woe and sorrow, as the crew of the Dead Troll's Chest mourns their captain and they each wonder in their unique way how they will move on from this.

>Floating Space Toast Void
Turns out they live in a videogame and it glitches the fuck out as their share of RAM gets overwritten by some crappy arcade game. They must pirate their way through bullet hells unimaginable, as the giant piece of cutely designed toast seeks absolute monopoly over the slightyl corrupted machine that houses their souls.

20th century boys. Want

>The Day that Lassie Went to the Moon (Camper Van Beethoven)
The setting is like a folksy version of The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, inspired by the archetypal road trip of the 60's and 70's.
>Knights of Cydonia (Muse)
The players are freebooters and adventurers soaring through the Luminiferous Aether in their VW Type 2, including a laser-toting cowboy, a hippie Martian alien princess, and a kung-fu Buddhist monk.
>Space Oddity (David Bowie)
All across the Solar System, something is devouring cosmonauts in their space capsules, never to be seen again. The heroes were hired to find out what's causing the dissappearances.

>We Decide by Doctor Steel
A dieselpunk-noir world that's not very well off, with airships and cool shit like that. Magic is worked by only those who have the strongest control of their thoughts, and thus very rare.
>Time To Pretend by MGMT
A party of semi-anarchic party-goers who just want to escape the pain of their world through, you know, partying. Party the pain away, make money to keep the party going, so on and so forth.
>Dream A Little Dream Of Me (Cover) by Blind Guardian
And they've all been wronged by a suave playboy, likely had flings with all of them. He's a pretty decent guy, but he puts business before everything. The party isn't really the good guy here, but he kinda fucked them over somehow.

>The Truth About Heaven by Armor for Sleep
Turns out, heaven is actually a trap for souls and that as long as the current gatekeeper is alive, the cycle of reincarnation is never going to resume.

>Tomorrow I'll be You by Thursday
Our heroes have just recently arrived in heaven and are young and impressionable individuals who died early on. However the current gate keeper was in the same situation they were before he took the position, can they avoid falling into the same trap?

>I'm content with losing by Underoath
The BBEG and gatekeeper of heaven believes this entire adventure to be a constantly repeating cycle of history and as such doesn't quite care about actually defeating the protagonists as much as just ensuring that they take his place when he's ultimately defeated.

>Blind Guardian - Curse My Name
youtube.com/watch?v=nElIA_ry-0s
The old king has been deposed and executed. A new age of enlightenment has begun.

>Edguy - All the Clowns
youtube.com/watch?v=sKKt2KHE53U
Ooook. I guess things have taken a turn for the worse since the king's execution. The party consists of the rightful heir of the throne and his wacky gang of loyal warriors which the people hopes will one day return to restore the kingdom.

Ghost - He Is
youtube.com/watch?v=4CSFkjPm0A0
Oh. So the people who deposed the king where satanists all along! It makes so much sense now.

Hmm.

>Blueberry Park, by Herb Alpert's Tiajuana Brass Band

It's a pretty chill land, apparently.

>More Human than Human, by White Zombie

Oh for fuck's sake, guys, what about the setting made you think rolling up cyberpunk vampires seemed like a good idea?!

>Points of Authority, by Linkin Park

What the fuck is even happening here.

Wailing stone
>Stormy beach town with a big unemployment and oil spillage problem. Some rock spirit or mountain god is sleeping near or underneath the beachfront town. Cursing it into a state of despair.
Burn it down
>Pyromaniacs, Anarchists, Cheerleaders, Time travelers, and Special Snowflakes with half shaved heads
Heartaches by the Number
>Players are the real villains. They're going after a lonely, charismatic, high agility Cowboy searching for and obsessed with his on and off again girlfriend who left him in the middle of the night and came back a dozen times.
This would actually be pretty good if my party wasn't shit.

>Milky Way - Mord Fustang
>Your Orders - MPIA3
>The Day Is My Enemy- The Prodigy

We Space Marines in charge if blowing up suns.

>Astral - pyramid
>One Love - Prodigy
>Ready Steady Go - Paul Oakenfield

Alright,
Setting is nighttime desert punk in some strange alien world.
floating platforms used for transport, kinda hover skiffs and such. Daytime is too hot so everyone stays in bunkers and underground, and travel from port to port at night.
Also sandworms so don't walk on the sand.
The party are all present on a skiff heading on their mission.

Party is a group of lovable techno hackers, all in outrageous 90s "cyberpunk" style clothes. Camo sprayed laptops and floppy disk quick holsters at the ready.

Their big bad guy is a matured operator, a professional killer grey suit, greying hair, nobody gets to meet him, he has been hired to take them out and he's not afraid of any collateral damage that might happen.