Dark Souls: Board Game

Is anyone on Veeky Forums getting this game? The Pledge Manager is open now but there aren't enough renders and they haven't explained the gameplay thoroughly yet.

There are a few youtube vids showing how combat works (its actually pretty cool) I made the yuge pledge so that I would get all the expansions etc. Any Idea how long before they release it?

>all the expansions

Damn user, that's a lot of $$$. I'm thinking of picking up 1 or 2, but not sure which bosses to grab. If they had Smough and Ornstien it would be a no brainier, but i'm not overly keen on any of the featured bosses. Maybe i'll just grab the Darkroot expansion...

They're looking for a release somewhere in the first quarter of 2017, but I wouldn't be surprised if they slip into early q2

I considered getting it for the figures, but I don't really get the point of the game itself.

The entire point of Dark Souls is that everything (hitting, damage, range) is fixed so whether you fail or not is entirely down to your skill.
Adding dice and random cards to it feels like it defeats the whole point.

I think the way cards are used they are essentially the AI. The order of the cards doesn't change (in that instance of the game) so you can memorize a "pattern". It's a pretty smart solution. Not sure about dice either. Will need to dig deeper into it, it looks pretty interesting.

Oh, I'm sure it's a fine game, it's just not for me.

>Smough and Ornstien it would be a no brainier,
they're in the base game

Get ass demon....win

I honestly have no trouble with some dice, as long as there is some mitigation and the like. There's always imponderables in Dark Souls. Sometimes in a split-second you misread a monster and fuck up, or miscalculate the range of your attack, or Fume Knight just decides to add an extra hit to his combo because fuck you that's why. Dice can represent those inevitable and unpredictable split-second screwups that you make in a real time combat engine that you couldn't and wouldn't make in a turn based game where you have time to read everything and think carefully about your next poke.

I feel dumb, but at the same time am happy I get to play with Biggie and Smalls

Honestly, I'm legit curious. But it's expensive as all fuck.

Buying it for minis, fun game is a bonus. Going to get Gaping Dragon, and Deepwood Basin.

Backerkit should be rolling out for those who pledged (I pledged but haven't gotten the mail yet, might have to contact support).

They should just make an RPG already

This hit at the sweet spot when I was making my yearly indulgent buy. Worst case, I have a shitton of minis I can use when I run something.

Kind of like when I backed the new the new 7th Sea, I mostly just wanted it for pretty setting stuff while I ignore Wick and his weird mechanical decisions.

Yeah I got the extra play cards and 3 expansions. I see a lot of people complaining that the shipping is much more expensive, backerkit is on only for 4-6 weeks and, even though we get the base game a month sooner, the stretch goals and addons will arrive the nex OCTOBER. Which is insane

I was going to back it but honestly everything about the mechanics turned me off. They made a generic dungeon crawler and pasted a Souls theme on top rather than really trying to capture the tone of the original.

The Dark Souls Compendium exists and it is amazing.

Ornstein and Smough minis are enough to have me interested.

> Worst case, I have a shitton of minis I can use when I run something.

This. Just having Dark Souls minis for characters and bosses for games that I run is enough of a reason to buy it for me.

Is 5e a good system?

I know Dark Souls was originally built heavily off of

Candlejac

>Candlejack

fixed that for

>you
ftfy

I don't know honestly, never played it

my little brother bought literally everything.

gonna do a paintathon with him and help him make a box to store it all in.

Smough's hammer is looking bigger than I remember it.

dumbas

It okay. It works but it's a little boring. If you played more complex systems it may even look a little too bare bones. So it depends on taste.

This, I saw it played at PAX and people were getting assraped by bosses because despite playing perfectly, the dice still fucked them over.

Are the mini's "standard" D&D mini size?

I kind want an Ornstien.

I recognize all the miniatures, except the big far left grey one. It looks almost like Dancer from 3 but with a great sword, is it Artorias?

The standard figures are 32mm.

That figure is the dancer of the boreal valley, a boss from DS3. It's one of two bosses of the base game, which is OP's pic.

The kickstarte is more than twice that stuff by now and that's why everyone complains about the shipping cost.

It seems odd that everything else there is DS1 except that one, which I why it being the Dancer didn't make a lot of sense to me. But Ok.

There's also ds3 winged knight in that pic

Well, the kickstarter started during hype period for 3, so it makes sense to include something from there. And actually there's more stuff from 3 in the base game.

But it's mostly DS1 stuff. The stretch goals include two DS2 themed expansion and there's one boss from DS3 that can be bought seperately.

The scary part is it actually is that fucking huge.

Oh yeah, on the bottom right there?

I don't recognize the big axe guys either (I'm only really familiar with DS1).

Actually dark souls uses quite a bit of RNG for paths, AI, and several other gameplay details that affect your survival. If you go on twitch and watch failed speed run or boss cheese attempts and you can see the game's RNG fucking people hard. Granted it only really even happens with large enemies/bosses, and I am not arguing it breaks 10% (extremely high estimate btw), but it is still there.

>Candlejack? What is candlejack, and how was Dark Souls built off of it?

Yeah, what's candlejack?

They stated in an email they sent out: Base game released about March next year, and all the expansions about October, due to the Chinese New Year. They make it sound like their New Year is in the summer but I'm pretty sure it's February.

>Candlejack?

>Yeah, what's candlejack?

Candlejack is a

>mfw everyone in this thread is doing candlejack wro

Pffft Millennials not knowing about candleja

Candlejack? Why are we talking about Candlejack? Candlejack is a dead m

>newfags cant candl

Shit man, I haven't been in a Candlejack thread since high sch

Guys. Guys. Stop shitposting. Candlejack isn't funny or relevant, might as well be tossing out weegees or ITTYBITTYBABY ITTYBITTYBOATS.

Probably doing production schedules. The base game's models will be finishing this year, and then they'll move out onto expansions, which will take a while. Chinese New Year shuts down their production for quite a while, actually.

Judging just by that shot, it looks like a poorly edited m

...if you watched Freakazoid you ARE a millenial, dumbass

Fucking Majestic 12 post.