/STG/ Star trek general

Ancient aliens edition.

Previous thread A thread for discussing the Star Trek franchise and its various tabletop iterations.

Possible topics include the rpgs by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe and WizKid's Star Trek: Attack Wing miniatures and game, and Star Trek in general.

Game Resources

FASA's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/9mt7sng56l8gg/Star_Trek_RPG_(FASA)
mediafire.com/folder/cwn8tbt2qm5t4/FASATREK_Adventures

Last Unicorn Game's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/9eiysv2192ods/Star_Trek_RPG_(LUG)
-Official and Fanmade Resources
>coldnorth.com/memoryicon/

Decipher's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/c6tb7p6dp0pye/Star_Trek_RPG_(Decipher)
-Fan Supplements
>strpg.patrickgoodman.org

Far Trek
mediafire.com/folder/lrhbz9l0qay0j/Far_Trek

Lasers & Feelings
>onesevendesign.com/laserfeelings/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Ex Astris Scientia - Fan analyses of ships, tech and continuity issues
>ex-astris-scientia.org

Daystrom Institute Technical Library - Database of ships and technology
>ditl.org

Star Trek LCARS Blueprints Database - Ship schematics, deck plans and recognition manuals
>cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>startrekmap.com/index.html

Star Trek Cartography - Information and maps
>stdimension.org/int/

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ark_Royal
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9945633-star-trek-online:-steel-and-karma
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10238603-lifetime-subscription-sale
sto.gamepedia.com/Lifetime_subscription#Benefits
sto.gamepedia.com/Veteran_Rewards
youtube.com/watch?v=FH8lvwXx_Y8
youtube.com/watch?v=dh8KDD4FsUk
youtube.com/watch?v=u_z2nbcySC4
youtube.com/watch?v=eE2Wgop9VLM
youtube.com/watch?v=2FjzFHyjhVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for lonely OP.

It's time to make Cardassia great again, folks!

The Bajorans have got to be stopped.

They're bringing resistance fighters
They're bringing Federation sympathisers
They're criminals
And some of them, I presume, would make good labourers.

We need to build a Nor Station, and Bajor is going to pay for it!

Don't you want to be on the right side of History, my child?

My opponent, Skrain Dukat, has said some pretty awful things about the prophets. And his followers love it. They cheer each time he says they're "just aliens" or "not really gods".

But then, his followers are like that. Half of them, I'd say, would fall into what I would call the Order of Pah Wraith sympathisers.

Oy vey, muh 10 million Bjorunz only it was more like 15 million.

We want reprashuns for the 20 million killed during the occupation.

I love Bajoran women. I'm just attracted to them like a tachyon field. When I see a Bajoran woman I just have to own her.

And they let you. When you can have their entire family killed they let you do whatever you want. Buy em, dress em up, grab em by the earring. It's great.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ark_Royal

Because I said I would.

Excellent. I've been waiting for this.

I'll add more to it later hopefully. I did minimal because at work.

Did Star Fleet adopt the slipstream drives in the novel series?

Nice. I've never seen a full model of one of the museum ships before.

Here's an amusing thing I just thought of, how would Enterprise have been different if it had used the ships/timeline from the Starfleet Museum instead of making it up as they went along?

Anyone got the beta material for Star Trek Adventures yet?

This is probably a stupid question, but why do torpedoes even have warheads in Star Trek? I mean, they can fire at greater than the speed of light. Even throwing a pound of sand at .9999c would probably destroy an entire planet. Now, I don't know what kind of wonky physics you need to get to FTL, but presumably that photon torpedo moving at 20-30 times the speed of light carries an awful amount of energy, planet busting amounts of energy, even if there's no warhead at all.

So that you don't have to directly hit something to damage/destroy it, and so that you can keep the projectile from just keeping on going for zillions of years until it hits something?

Torpedoes use the warp field of the firing ship when launched at warp. They don't go to warp when fired at sublight speeds.

Presumably, when fired at a planet at warp speed, the warp field probably collapses and the torpedo does same damage as regularly, or just disintegrates.

>and the torpedo does same damage as regularly
Which is still, like, 50 times the Tsar Bomba, right?

>Presumably, when fired at a planet at warp speed, the warp field probably collapses and the torpedo does same damage as regularly, or just disintegrates.

Why would it? I mean, presumably, if you're suicidal, you could ram a planet with a ship at warp speed. Why would a torpedo suddenly decelerate?

It's best in any sci-fi setting to assume that the achievable sublight speeds do NOT go particularly relativistic, and the FTL drives in question laugh in your face if you try to use them as FTL missiles.

>Which is still, like, 50 times the Tsar Bomba, right?

Something like that. I think Voyager mentioned that a photon torpedo could destroy a city in seconds.

Doesn't really gel with the screen depiction of ships getting hammered with numerous torpedoes and suffering some hull damage and exploding consoles, of course.

>Why would it? I mean, presumably, if you're suicidal, you could ram a planet with a ship at warp speed. Why would a torpedo suddenly decelerate?

Because in Star Trek, ships don't just go faster than light and keep going. They need a stable warp field to sustain the travel. A ship that loses warp capability drops out of warp. Same with a torpedo.

It probably would have been more like submarines in space. no viewscreen. Just visible sensors and primitive subspace sensors. Hunter-destroyers using low yield phasers and spacial torpedoes. Capital ships carrying a compliment of photon torpedoes to be deployed like ICBMs.

Sounds pretty fun actually.

Remember that they only had nukes and laser beams back then.

So just Babylon 5 then? I'm still okay with that.

Well, the whole format would have to be different.

SFM establishes that pre-romulan war the top speeds are fractions between warp 2 and 3, that the engines are giant fusion reactors not matter/anti-matter, and that for the most part it's still dealing with ships having to operate in fleets.

The ship is bigger, full of crewmen, slower, most time spent in travel and dealing with resupplying. Technical solutions to problems at a real minimum, akin to TOS. Transporters really not present rather than just not trusted, meaning a lot of travel by shuttle and bringing teams/tools with them down to planets they explore, establishing temporary bases rather than relying on being able to go back to the ship at will.

There'd be a real frontier feel to the whole affair, with even the close states requiring a lot of travel time to get to. Can't just nip back to Earth whenever required even if just operating in the local area.

I-is that ship painted like a cow?

It might be.

Nice. Thanks.

My favorite part about the Occupation? They killed fifteen million over a FIFTY year period. Three hundred thousand per year, and this was not a Pre-Warp civilization. They had several moons that are bajoraformed, and presumably off planet colonies, since they've been warping around since the 1500's. They had a VERY large population. In comparison, our entire planet has a little over two million per year.

Fifteen million. If anything, the Cardassians INCREASED life expectancy.

Not necessarily. Trek has always cited anomalously low population numbers for non-human species whose hat isn't brutal overcrowding, and from what we've seen of Bajor, even its large metropoli pale in comparison to modern-day New York City.

Possibly most races just don't overpopulate like humans do. Also, consider that the 300,000 figure might be only those directly exterminated by Cardassian phasers, not counting industrial deaths.

The only source I can find for the population of Bajor is the Star Trek: Star Charts book. It states that Bajor has a population of 3.8 billion.

Well, there you go, then. A much, MUCH lower population. Fifteen million people is .39% of the population - that's just the number that was directly killed by the occupation forces. We don't know how many died in the invasion, or how many died due to secondary occupation issues, like restricted access to healthcare and food, but we do know that the Cardies were restricting the amount of food Bajorans could have. This would also have had a huge negative impact on Bajoran population growth.

Remember, the spoonheads weren't running extermination camps, they were running slave labor. Because for some reason, their best ideas are always "let's go enslave a bunch of people who are gonna hate us and want to kill us for it" rather than "hey, let's go build a bunch of robots and strip-mine the shit out of a bunch of asteroids and uninhabitable moons nobody gives a FUCK about!"

Is there a comparison between the various trek RPGs anywhere? Like which one does ship combat best, which one gives better character customization or whatever?

Actually...

> Starfleet escapades you don't get to see in the show.
>> Time: Between the Scum Contact Incident and the reassignment of Commander Amanda Jung and Ensign Faith O'Mally to USS Ark Royal
>> USS Ambassador, NX-10521. First Officer Amanda Jung in command, as the Captain has taken leave of absence.

> A small Federation member race, the Evora, has called upon Starfleet to investigate a problem that appears to be becoming urgent. This small race was critically endangered in 2375 following an industrial disaster on their homeworld that virtually wiped them out, leaving a population of only 300,000,000 individuals; aware of the Federation thanks to contact with Ferengi traders for whom "The Prime Directive" was but a pesky non-issue, the Evora launched a crash program to develop Warp Drive in the hopes of making contact with the UFP and appealing for aid. They succeeded.
> 44 years later, with the assistance of the United Federation of Planets and massive population growth subsidies, the Evora's population has almost returned to 1,000,000,000. The Evora homeworld is still all but uninhabitable, and unsuited to containing the Evora's population, while the Evora Regency prefers to reclaim their home before striking out into the stars. The Evora are long-used to living in pressurized habitats on moons and space installations, and with the UFP's assistance they have some of the finest.
> The Evora are now attempting to expand outward from their homeworld, to claim the rimward portions of their solar system, but when they approach all the best asteroids and moons in the outer system, automated beacons spring to life, warning away any vessel which approaches. These beacons are not toothless, and fire warning shots across the bow of any vessel which approaches closer than they'd like; the Evora have thus far not tested them, and called for Starfleet to investigate the matter.

>> Thus arrives USS Ambassador, a sleek, older Starfleet Explorer - but an Explorer.

> USS Ambassador arrives on scene, takes political and military envoy from the Evora Regency aboard, warps into orbit of a gas giant.
>> Her commander, an albino from Brooklyn with a body full of non-Federation augmentations, is doing an admirable job maintaining her calm despite her nerves. She never asked for the responsibility of commanding a starship. It's exhilarating, but all-too terrifying for a career-minded manipulative bureaucrat, keenly aware of not just how her own career and life are potentially on the line here, but the lives of her shipmates if things go sour.
>>> Fortunately, the non-Federation augs in her body include quite a few that allow her some control over her body's responses, so she isn't jittering with nerves, sitting in the Big Seat and having the personal AI assistant, 'muse,' in her head constantly searching Starfleet regs to feed her lines and details.

> Ambassador's general sensors are orders of magnitude more powerful than those the Evora light vessels have. Their dedicated survey sensors are nothing to sneeze at, but aren't the right tools for identifying hostile vessels.
>> The 'beacon' in this case appears to a network of small-ish satellites, the size of a Starfleet Captain's Yacht, orbiting a gas giant's cloudy moon, not unlike Titan in the Sol system. They broadcast an automated alert that's gibberish to the Universal Translator.
>>> Cmdr. Jung orders Ambassador to approach to warning shot distance. As predicted, an energy beam, flourescent blue, lances out from the satellite. Ambassador, although shielded, was taking no evasive actions; it's clearly an intentional warning shot, not a piss-poor shot for effect.
>>> Ambassador backs off, commander requests analysis.

> Science Happens.
> cont.

>> Conclusions: The weapon is a coherent beam of Tetryon Plasma, not dissimilar to a disruptor or phaser. A number of minor races utilize these weapons, which are known to be able to skip from one shield facing to another, damaging all of a ship's shields.
>>> This particular energy signature is not known. Judging by its power output, even conservatively estimating a 25% power shot, Ambassador is far more than a match for the entire satellite network.
>> The Evora are unhappy that their system is being squatted, but don't issue any demands for Starfleet to summarily remove the drones violently.

>> Hailing Frequencies Open.
>> Same automaed beacon.
>> Universal Translator works.
>>> Simple enough message stating that this body has been claimed and the claimants demand the claim be respected.
>> No notification to the claimant's identity is disclosed.

>> Launch probe towards beacon. Warning shot is ignored. Subsequent shot fires for effect and destroys probe.
>> Shuttlecraft sent in slow, on attitude thrusters alone. Warning shot is heeded.
>> Finally, a small rock is sent towards the beacon, given a gentle push with a tractor beam. Rock is pulled into orbit with the probe, a robotic transport is dispatched from the surface. Rock is collected - 24 hrs later.
>>> IDEA!

>> The ship's sciences officer proposes that they send the freak.
> Cont.

I reckon the Cardassians thought they were helping the Bajorans. After all, they were a vulnerable world with relatively primitive tech. The Cardassians also lived in a society where total dedication to the state was expected and lauded. Their most beloved novel was named "The Never Ending Sacrifice" for god sake. So, seeing as they had annexed Bajor with little-to-no resistance, it was just assumed the the Bajorans would get with the program and endure a few decades of hardship in return for eventual integration into Cardassian society. Maybe even a role in administration, once more races were added to the Union.

When the Bajorans resisted, Cardassia responded as it would to a dissident movement anywhere else in the Union: an aggressive crackdown. This only pissed off the Bajorans more which, in turn, ramped up resistance. Ultimately both sides ended up hating each other so much that reconciliation was impossible. Hence the majority of casualties of the occupation happened in the latter half of it.

As to the vehement hatred that Kira seems to have for a relatively small number of deaths, I have a theory.

We assume that Bajor was unified before the occupation. But what if they weren't? We mostly hear of the atrocities in the Dahkur province. What if Dahkur was an individual state, one that resisted more than any other? What if, rather than collaborating like other Bajoran nations, Dahkur refused to surrender? When viewed as a world wide populace, 15 million is peanuts. But for a single nation to lose that number (or a significant portion of it) would definitely resonate more clearly.

>> Ship's sciences head is promptly told off for referring to one of his subordinates as 'the freak,' and ordered to report to the brig to spend the rest of his duty shift in confinement.
>>> Technically within the vessel commander's prerogative, though possibly unwise as the Scienceshead is a good friend of the Captain.

>> Nevertheless, the officer in question, Ensign Faith O'Mally, is summoned to the briefing room, and briefed on the situation. She immediately volunteers, pointing out that her body is vacuum-hardened and she's rated for upwards of 336 hours exposed in proximity to a gas giant, and at least 96 hours on the surface of a Titan-like moon. She volunteers to go.
>>> Faith tools up, another rock is procured, Ensign O'Mally is dispatched on a rock. Rock is collected, robotic transport dispatched, duly arrives and collects the Snek.
>> Inside the transport, Faith goes to work, a Starfleet computer scientist with engineering cross-training, armed far, far more than just a toolbelt's worth of tools, loose inside a robotic transport.

>> Quickly hijacks the transport's controls, lets it continue on automatic to where it was going, lands at surface installation. Finds it to be full of Exocomps. Faith infiltrates the facility's computer network, discovers that there's no way in hell she's going to be able to execute commands without dozens of sapient synthetics going aggro on her, chooses a different tack of identifying herself and requesting to speak with what- or whom-ever operates this base.
>> Exocomps surround her, but despite having weapon tips, hold their fire; Faith holds her own, and puts down her weapon.
>>> Faiith is informed that these Exocomps grew tired of being studied by the Federation, misappropriated a Danube-class runabout (which they volunteer to return,) and made their escape.
> cont.

Or maybe the Bajorans just never had a world war style conflict? It seems relatively small to us, but considering their low population perhaps they had never seen death and suffering on that scale at all before. Maybe Bajor was a nice place unlike earth.

They certainly seemed to be a pacifist society before the occupation so that might work.

Going by the novels (I know) the Bajorans had a major Crusade/Holy War like clockwork every couple hundred years or so, and were basically large city states. So like Italy.

> With the jig up and contact having been established, Faith assures the Exocomps (who have no leader, governing their group as a pure collectivist democracy,) that Starfleet has no intention of violently removing them, but points out that they are squatting in another race's home system.
>> The Exocomps are aware of this; they arrived in 2370, five years before the Evora had Warp Drive. They considered revealing themselves to the Evora, but chose not to commit what the Federation might view as a Prime Directive breach and thus, grounds to remove them. Then the Evora achieved Warp Drive and their very first act was to seek the Federation, whom the Exocomps believed themselves to be fugitive from, so they remained quiet.
>> Ambassador is contacted, invited to orbit freely and retrieve their crewwoman. Faith O'Mally is beamed back aboard, and the Evora and Exocomps are formally introduced to one another. The military envoy is irate at the squatting, but quickly shut down by the Regent's diplomatic envoy, who opens negotiations with the Exocomps to recognize their sapience and invite them to consider formalizing their polity and working out a treaty of shared territory in the Evora's home system, or else to join the Evora Regency as full citizens.

> USS Ambassador lives up to her name, her conference rooms play host to mature, intelligent and thoughtful diplomatic discussions during which no Starfleet personnel need do anything more taxing than providing refreshments.
>> Everybody gets to warp home happily, with the newly-coined Exocomp Consensus and the Evora Regency hammering out details on the mutual exploration and exploitation of the Evora home system. Exocomps are more than happy to work in environments humanoids can't tolerate without hardsuits, after all, and the Evora offer diplomatic protection and legitimacy.
>> All's well that ends well.

That's actually a good point. We're apparantly the most fecund race in the quadrant, with only the Jem Hadar being made faster. Hell, we actually had a worldwide nuclear war, and have populated the entirety of the Federation in less time and with more people than the Klingon Empire. Maybe that's why everyone's so resentful, we're the equivalent of space rabbits in Space Australia.

>As to the vehement hatred that Kira seems to have for a relatively small number of deaths, I have a theory.
>We assume that Bajor was unified before the occupation. But what if they weren't? We mostly hear of the atrocities in the Dahkur province. What if Dahkur was an individual state, one that resisted more than any other? What if, rather than collaborating like other Bajoran nations, Dahkur refused to surrender? When viewed as a world wide populace, 15 million is peanuts. But for a single nation to lose that number (or a significant portion of it) would definitely resonate more clearly.

This would seem to be supported by Even if we assume that Dahkur was really, really large - no, we'll make her FUCKING GARGANTUAN, giving her the same proportion of Bajor's 3.8b population that the PRC (1.381b) has of Earth's present-day population (7.5b,) then Dahkur has 18.41% of Bajor's entire population.
That yields a total of 699,580,000 Bajorans in Fightin' Dahkar Province, of which we are told the Cardassians exterminated - directly murdered, that is, not including deaths from other sources - 15,000,000.
> That's 2.14% of the population!
Imagine taking every ten-thousand random Bajorans in Dahkur, and shoot 214 of them. That's whole villages wiped out.
To put that in perspective, picture a packed-to-the-cheap-seats game at Michigan Stadium. 115,109 people attend to watch a bunch of sweaty men throw around a pigskin. 2,463 (and a third) of those people aren't leaving that stadium alive, and this isn't counting the ones who get raped, tortured, and casually brutalized.

Holy shit, I've just realized how friggin' cool this thread's intro image is. Does anybody read weeaboo and can tell us what that says?

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9945633-star-trek-online:-steel-and-karma

Hah! I don't know what the page caption says, but this is actually a pretty good, very short story.

Hey, STO players, how badly did they shit STO up since like, 2010?

I just saw this shit: arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10238603-lifetime-subscription-sale

I'll be fucked in the ass (by a dude, not a futa or a chick with a dildo,) before I'll subscribe to a pay-to-win went-free MMO... But $100 for EVERYTHING is only ~$10 worse than the average AAA release + Season Pass, and it comes with an allowance of 500 "Zen" a month, which I assume is the paystore currency they're using these days.

So, would you guys say that's a good deal, or not a good deal?

Well look at us compared to earth creatures, is there any creature of our size with a better population?

Also, can you put diplomacy-granted boffs in Starfleet uniforms now? I mean, I like my sexy, sexy Orion fabrications engineer, but...

Alternatively, can you get Orions in Starfleet now?

It's 199.99, not 99.99. It's an okay deal if you expect to play a lot, and want the gimmicks.

It's on sale for $100 until November 23rd.

It's a decent deal, in that you can purchase some of the basic services, get two races no one else can play, and have access to the Veteran starships out of the gate (the Chimera and the Manticore - the Manticore is T6. Both are good ships capable of decent DPS).

With the split between the ground and space traits, the skill system revamp, the specialization system for post 50 leveling, and the new graphical update... Things are looking okay.

However, the power creep is real, and the $199 price tag is still a lot for a game if you're not planning on playing a lot.

Not on PC. Take a look at that link again.

I don't think so. You can't play as Orions in Starfleet, unfortunately.

"We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until November 23rd, 2016 at 10am PST, bringing the price down by $100 to $199.99!"

That's not what that says. And looking at the subscription page, it's 199.99

Well, here's the list of stuff you get for subscribing.

sto.gamepedia.com/Lifetime_subscription#Benefits

And these.

sto.gamepedia.com/Veteran_Rewards

As for is it worth it?
Well, story content is pretty ok until we hit the delta rising territory.
After that it starts going all over the place with most of delta rising being shit, the iconian war starting up promisingly and building up towards a shitty ending and then we have a time war, which is as fun as youd imagine it.

End game stuff isn't necessary, but all of those perks sound pretty tasty to me (then again im a fucking slave who has fallen to the eternal grind, although currently im grinding just to get our fleet a TOS era popsicle factory in space).

Not to my knowledge.

Ah. I did indeed misread that.

Yeaaaaaaah, it's probably not worth it at that price.

Not yet. They're waiting to have that playtest material cleared by CBS

That could take a while.

STO is way better than it was back then. Going F2P was definitely for the better. Lots of power creep, if you don't like that. At this point I wouldn't necessarily get a lifetime (I got one a few years ago), as I don't know how long the game will last before it goes into zombie mode (like Champions). Just the ships alone would probably be $110, keep that in mind.

Bump

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't like the TOS MU uniforms. I just hate the short tank look. Same for the ENT MU uniforms, but to a much lesser degree.

Andorian native to cold dressing warmer than Vulcan native to warm.

Could be that the Andorian's the only one who gives a damn about practicality and/or modesty? Or that the Vulcan woman is a strict adherent to regulations, which combined with her powerful metabolism, mean that technically, she doesn't need to dress any more modestly than that in that weather.

So what happened to all the Borg that got liberated?

That's a person-by-person issue. How they deal with liberation and reintegration into society depends on how they are received and how much of their past life they remember.

Also how long they were Borgified, and how much autonomy they were given.

Jean-Luc Picard, for instance, wasn't drowned out by the Collective because the Queen felt he was more valuable as a partly-autonomous unit with individuality, and he was only Borg for a short time. So he made more-or-less a full recovery.

Seven of 36DD, on the other hand, was Borged at a very young age, to the point that she actually rejected the first opportunity she had to reject the Collective, going so far as to sabotage the others' attempts to get free, too. Her "recovery" was difficult, as the majority of her personality was Borg. Even after she fully turned from the Collective, she retained a lot of Borg mentality, which led to her clashing with the other Voyager crew on a lot of occasions.

I would imagine that a lot of ex-Borg pine for some degree of collectivism, but not enforced, all-voices-as-one hivemind collectivism. I'd also expect that they're either going to fall into two camps: those who are abjectly horrified at the augmentations, and insist they all be removed even if it leaves them, say, without a limb, or on lifelong life support, and those who are all for augmentations and would rather have some that are low-profile and don't itch.

Honestly, I'd expect the latter to be some of the leading champions of transhumanism (transoriginism?) in Trek.

Thread theme?

youtube.com/watch?v=FH8lvwXx_Y8

That's not bad, but I think it should be this:

youtube.com/watch?v=dh8KDD4FsUk

It's Trek, Jim... But not as we know it.

They don't fire torpedoes during warp in any of the series precisely to avoid that discussion.

In the alternate reality a.k.a. JJTrek, there was that Dreadnaught class ship that could fire weapons during warp. The explanation is that the 'sci-' part took a backseat in those films, focusing instead on what the millenial audience finds entertaining. In anycase, I wouldn't worry about it too much, because if it really bothers you, you can always make your own story/world/setting/franchise where starships are armed with gravel and sand projectiles launched at relativistic speeds.

>They don't fire torpedoes during warp in any of the series

This is so wrong I can't believe you've actually watched any of it.

DEJA VU

NACELLA DRIFTING!

I want off Mr Gowron's wild ride

Mr Gowron says

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Robert O'Reilly has the best of all possible Klingon faces. Only J.G. Hertzler beats him, and that's just because his Martok voice is 10/10.

But how long can a disconnected drone among only other disconnected drones survive on a planet of a Cube without access to fresh food and such things?

There could have been trillions of deaths from this alone.

Savin it for the 1d4chan page.

So much stuff to go through and I am not good at this.

Thanks. I archived the last two threads on sup/tg/ just so the stories wouldn't be lost because I didn't threadcap them.

Here, have some fucking awesome Trek cover:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_z2nbcySC4

Only a fool stands before the wind, Gowron.

Indeed, only a fool stands before a hurricane, a typhoon. However, lesser winds can be conquered.

Cowardice is retreating in the face of all winds; folly is standing before the hurricane.
Wisdom is telling winds that can be resisted from winds that cannot be.

Thus:
> The meek who value safety above all else retreat in the face of even a stiff breeze.
> The fool stands before the hurricane and the typhoon.
> The wise stand fast before winds that can be conquered, and retreat from winds that cannot be.

yeah the only problem is that once someone creates the deflector disc that you're pretty fucked because that will just stop your lasers cold. The nukes may still work but that's no guarantee they would be as effective since most of the damage may be blocked by the deflector field.

Not to mention it can be jury rigged to solve any problem.

Maybe that was the big breakthrough that won the war for Earth. The Romulans started off the war with better weapons and better warp capability but ended up having to sue for peace after half of their arsenal became redundant.

Given the pic/discussion is specifically the SFM continuity, no, why they won is pretty clearly laid out.

Also the ships already had navigational deflectors, the emitter is behind the black tip.

Will someone please tell me what the sodding hell this "Starfleet Museum" shit is and where it came from and why the only thing that looks even VAGUELY Trek-like is the Daedalus?

Pictured: actually Star Trek, not a giant spaceborn potato/dildo/potato-dildo.

Can you not just google the words star fleet museum? Seriously you can literally just ask for it if you're on a phone these days, no typing required.

Well, if you take really high budget fanfic into account. The boy Borg, Icheb got to Earth. Then was dicked over by Sector 31 and afterwards went on the run and became a mercenary/raider.
youtube.com/watch?v=eE2Wgop9VLM

CAN IT BE YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD THE OPERA THAT TELLS THE TALE OF OUR FAMILY'S HOUSE?

youtube.com/watch?v=2FjzFHyjhVI

That would require that I give enough of a fuck about it to actually want to go and read up on it myself; I do not.

I give just enough of a fuck about it to be annoyed at seeing space dildos shitting up my Trek threads, but not sufficiently annoyed that I WON'T listen to what an user who actually gives more than a fuck about it tell me about why it's the greatest thing ever and I should care about space dildos instead of the NX-01 Enterprise and other ship designs that are from on-screen canon.

It's the diet coke of not-giving-a-fuck. There's a slight fuck - a partial fuck given. A quick fingerbanging, you might say.

Pretty much, the starfleet museum is fanfic tier shit some asshole made up that people masturbate too even though nothing about it is startrek.

Fuck off you cloned mockery

Thank you.

Was that so hard? Really?

Here, have a nice-looking b-canon ship in turn.

Had a lifetime sub since live. After getting routinely fucked out of zen on the monthly allowance, customer service dosn't have a record of when your allowances are supposed to come.

So what I'm saying is if you you play all the time and keep track of it you'll probably be fine, but if you only play every few months you're going to get jewed.

Also 500 is jack shit and with the new admirality system if you don't have a bunch of lockbox ships already you're just wasting time going back.

They made a lot of improvements and then shit all over it.

That's kind of disappointing to hear. So is it worth it to play STO in the FTP mode worth it at all if you know? I could play every so often but don't want to grind like crazy get for a decent ship. And I kind of want to play pic related in a game.

we dead?

>refit
There's no evidence that the Akula, or any of the other Film era ships were refits. While it's fair to say that a couple of the classes may have existed around TOS and then received an up-gunning, I don't imagine that the entire Starfleet is 30+ years old. Some of those designs have to be new.

Fact is, nobody really knows, so may as well call it "refit" to fit in with the TOS Movie-era ships.