Metaphysical Mimics

I've seen a lot of idea regarding lich phylacteries being immaterial things - thoughts, concepts, feelings, ideas, etc.

What about immaterial mimics. A mimic that is disguised as a song. Or as a strange smell. Or as combination of colors. Or as a little known law. Or a dream...

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49032561/#49043709
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean... a memetic mimic?

Well its an interesting base but you have to work out the logistics of it.
What happens when the mimic takes physical form.

that's why I posted that here. 'cos I have no idea.

does it even take physical form?

No fuck you.

You can't choose the most abstract thing in reality and slap some bullshit word like "mimic".

Literally, how can something be a fake song? How can a fucking law be a mimic?

Could this be the explanation for songs that miraculously make people kill themselves, like gloomy Sunday? Like, the mimic activates upon playing the song and anyone who uears it kills themselves due to being semi possessed by theimic

An idea that morphs into another idea.

Prehapes a song that can suddenly change to a brown note unexpectedly.

Or maybe stick with physical forms when the song is played the mimic can form in that area prehapes while it has a body nobody can play that song.

you have no imagination. the less relatable from experience and the more paradoxal an idea is, the better.

hm, could be.

Its silliness that ultimantly will most likely amount to nothing because at its core its a stupid idea but its fun to stretch your brain thinking about it.

I believe we already had a thread about this, on memetic mimics.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49032561/#49043709

and here I was, thinking I was original...

Interesting so a mimic as an infection.

This.

When you have one of these ideas, before inflicting them on everyone else, stop and think about them for a bit for. When you find that the words you've strung together doesn't actually mean anything and that the idea doesn't go anywhere you should realise that it was a poor idea, and simply drop it.

No, that's just God being a /b/tard.

Unimaginative plebs detected.

no.

then we wouldn't have stuff like Chronicles of Amber or Lovecraft or the Doctor Strange movie, or old Warhammer Chaos fluff, where the Four both existed and not existed at the same time, depending on your perspective.

Perhaps, going with the idea of an intangible mimic being more like a fake version of an idea, the miwmic is a vaguely known thing. Like, everyone feels like they've heard of "that law that prevents you from buying ice cream on a Tuesday" or something. So you ask people and they feel like they've heard of it as well but no one has a specific source or knows what state it's from. No official state records have it written down but somehow you KNOW that everyone's heard of this, it's got to be from somewhere. So you search and search and search until you find something odd that might be the source. And essentially, the idea of it, the reading of what seems to be the official source of this obscure dumb law, that's the mimic. And just like the mimic chests wait inside dungeons to eat the most powerful and thus most nutritious adventurers, this idea, this fake source, it eats the sanity or consciousness of the most studious of knowledge seekers.

hmmm, I like that!

>dream mimic

Already been done.

a memec if you will

It couldn't be a perfect mimic. In the world of the metaphysical, perfect imitation of a concept actually ends up embodying it wholly. A memetic mimic would have to be subtle and insidiously different in order to set themselves apart and maintain their own autonomy.

Of course, I believe we already have these things in real life. Traps of thinking and logical fallacies are just masquerading as wisdom and intelligence, but fall apart under examination. Ever just "reasoned" your way out of something, but ended up worse off with that conclusion because it didn't reflect or accurately model reality?

Of course, since they don't have a physical form, it can be difficult to tell who is affected by it, and who is either making their spot-checks or failing them.

Haven't we talked about this at least 20 times before

I'm pretty sure Philip K. Dick wrote about metaphysical mimics...