Anyone play dnd singleplayer?

Is it possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/1ecybp6dp8rix/SoloTG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's sad

I thought about this myself. I'm a recluse that likes his fantasy games and novels as much as the next neck beard. I mean, if I just run constant combat encounters or play by modules, then I should be able to do it?

If you want a singleplayer RPG play a videogame.

Without other players Tabletop RPG's are just maths.

You're better off playing a computer game desu...

Go find a roll20 group if you don't want to put on pants

Yes, you can. It was officially supported back in the day, pic related.
You've got a wealth of solo modules, gamebooks, single player rpg/wargames, and that's not even getting into the various GM emulators.

Here, have a link that's chock full of single player stuff.
mediafire.com/folder/1ecybp6dp8rix/SoloTG

This.
I'm sure some group would love to have you.

If you wanna do a solo game try some of the premade modules.

Honestly, ITT everyone is right. You're in for a sad night of lonely math and maybe a story that has no oomph because you're just daydreaming with math thrown in. Just tell yourself a story in your head, or go download NWN or any other of thousands of D&D RPGs.

>t. lonely neckbeard who's owned a dozen 3.5e books for ten years and never used them

Man, solo games really need a PR boost. I'm betting you guys with your "sad math" have never played Lone Wolf gamebooks or anything.

But gamebooks are fundamentally different from RPGs.
I love the Lone Wolf books and have bought a couple of gamebooks that have started springing up in Germany, but trying to play a Pen & Paper RPG on your own is a special kind of sad and tedious.

Have you ever actually played a dedicated solo RPG? Like one built to be single-player?

There is such a thing?

Interesting. Not the OP, but thanks.

I have not. I have tried reading a few, but all I remember is the conclusion that they have nothing to offer to me that I can't get from gamebooks, multiplayer RPGs and video games.

>Is it possible?
Yes. It's basically like reading a "choose your own adventure" novel.

Yeah, there are. Most of them straddle the line between RPG and wargame, but they exist. You'll find quite a few in the mediafire link up there.

I recommend All Things Zombie, and The Department. The latter is basically a one (or two-player coop) game of Blade Runner where you hunt down not!replicants.

And let me just say it's one thing to play a game of solitaire and cry on your cards because what you really want is to play poker with the buddies you don't have, but it's another to play solitaire because you like it and because poker is not at all the same thing.

I hate zombies and I don't know Blade Runner.
Then again, I mostly consider solitaire games to be a necessary evil anyway, so those are probably not for me.

I've tried, but it feels a bit cumbersome at times. Definitely would only recommend rules-lite games for singleplayer.

With random generators for loot, dungeons and bad guys, it's possible, but play vidya or with people if you can

That module is fun. I played it this year. Single player modules is kinda like playing a video game but you imagine all the action and graphics instead of it being spoon-fed to you.

It's called masturbation

Haha, clever and original!