EDH/Commander General

Best legendary land edition.

Old: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-angel-tribal/
cambridge.org/core/journals/perspectives-on-politics/article/testing-theories-of-american-politics-elites-interest-groups-and-average-citizens/62327F513959D0A304D4893B382B992B
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mikaeus-extreme-sub-20-budget-edh
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dragons-in-a-deck/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/artifice-isnt-dead/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Building my first artifact deck with Breya inside. Excited for it, bought a bunch of duals and artifact ETBs from Kaladesh. Even got myself a foil Tezzeret the Seeker.

Where the fug is everybody, voting Trump ?

i voted for hilary

Unless all the Eurofags like me that usually post on this thread went overseas to vote, I doubt that's where they are.

I'm in Fucking Leaf Land so from a purely self-interested standpoint I'm hoping for the one that isn't screaming about leaving NAFTA. Although his comments have a short shelf life anyhow so who knows.

Anyway, best legendary land is The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

kill yourself

Hi Veeky Forums, made an Atraxa angel tribal deck. Looking for critique, commentary. Link: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-angel-tribal/

I voted for Stein.

Easily Gamekeeper. I have Rift Sweeper in my Mayael EDH just or that reason.

Log out.

OP you forgot to link the new thread in the old one.

Also, I love Minamo and Mikokoro.

>angel tribal with no red
You are going to miss some great WR angels.

thanks

Anyone who would seriously vote for trump needs help.

Yeah it is unfortunate however the deck works really well, the synergy Archangel of Thune and Herald of War have with Atraxa make up for that fact tho imo.

You're in green, and trying to do a hefty mana costed tribal and have little to no ramp.

Skyshroud Claim and Rangers Path are two things you should add. I think there's one more forest grabber but I can't recall at the moment. Land Tax would be a good idea too.

Other than that, how about Cryptic Gateway?

I'd also take Emeria out. The chances of you getting 7 Plains on the battlefield with the mana base isn't as likely. You'd rather have another land that checks for two.

I would vote for Trump, because I don't live in USA, and I make money from Dollar going up and down.

Make Domineria great again

As opposed to ironically voting for Trump?

I voted for trump. Hopefully the teacup of America and Russia will be good enough to fuck up the world and finally make a single world government

I could see the ramp being an issue. Might replace Phyrexian Tower(not sure why its in there other than the fact I own it) and something else with ramp. Land tax is in there.

Cryptic Gateway was in an earlier iteration. It's pretty good, and it was a toss up between it or Aether Vial. Might come back if Aether vial performs poorly.

Emeria is a flavor choice, and also combos with Prismatic Omen so its not all bad.

*teamup my bad
I also play turbofog and stax

Instead of totally derailing with politics, what decks would trump or hillary make? Trump feels like Ruhan of the formori wall tribal? Hillary could be grand arbiter agustin or thalia tax n stax?

Not American, but I would have voted Trump.

Trump is too dumb to do any lasting damage, everyone will resist his stupid ideas as much as they can.
It will hopefully be a wakeup call to the democrats and maybe even more people will go libertarian.

Hillary however is the incarnation of the sly and corrupt politician.
She will do what benefits her and her sponsors in the end, however she will be able to pass it through, she isn't retarded.

It's basically choosing between chaotic neutral and lawful evil.

Trump and putin would start a war fighting over their dick size within a week

I'd say she's more of an Olivia Voldaren

It's as if there is a question if Hillary would be playing Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer.

Best legendary land , that's easy

Braids, Cabal Minion is Hillary obviously, opponent saccing are drone strikes, you saccing is equivalent to the sacking of the American people and way of life.

NO POLITICS SHIT.
COMMANDER 2016 IN STORES THIS THURSDAY.
POST FUTURE BUILDS.

>The Pride Kings
Aikido styled with a bit of reflect damage, combo stoppers, and punish effects.

>Tymna + Sidar Konda
Hatebear Aggro

>Akiri + Bruse Tarl
Full on Arti-Stax with Equipment

>Ishai + Thrasios
Bant Enchantress with two ways to win: Voltron Ishai, or ramp hard as fuck and use Thrasios as a mana dump.

>Konda
Shit meant "Kondo"

You were really close

I wouldn't have voted for neither if I was american. If they are the candidates that came through in the end, then american democracy is done.

Saskia will finally give me the outlet to make a samurai deck.

With Sensei Golden Tail, it's almost like I have a samurai commander.

I love this card but casting cultivate and other ramp spells on turns 3 and 4 with it seems so wrong.

Scientific studies have concluded America is no longer considered a democracy, but an Oligarchy. (As if it wasn't obvious, but now there's a report on it to cite sources).

cambridge.org/core/journals/perspectives-on-politics/article/testing-theories-of-american-politics-elites-interest-groups-and-average-citizens/62327F513959D0A304D4893B382B992B

Anyways, that is exactly the reason you should vote for Trump. Make more people realize just how shitty the representative two party system is.

Creatureless mono black control, would shauku be a good general

Shauku will never be a good commander. If you want black control erebos is the best imo.

Best legendary land just from a general standpoint? too bad it's banned. :^)

Anyway, for a complete beginner, which commander 2016 deck would you guys recommend?

Erebos or maybe planeswalker ob nixils.

yeah i'd recommend erebos too. what you do is you typically save most of your mana on your turns, and then cast all kinds of instants on other people's turns. prior to your next turn, you dump all your excess mana in erebos' draw ability. a lifegain theme works well

not sure it's a very viable way to do monoblack, but that's how control erebos works

>implying commander decks need to be good

found the try hard faggot

Functionality is also important, otherwise you're stuck with an nonfunctional, frustrating pile of cards that's no fun to pilot.

>"There's a published paper that say it so that makes it factual"

No user.

No.

That's not how that works.

Hell, I even agree that America is basically an oligarchy, but some schmucks with a degree saying it doesn't make me believe it any more than I already did.

The most inane horseshit gets published in """Scientific Journals""" for the humanities.

No, America not being a democracy was already really obvious long before that paper came along.

Woops, basically repeated what you said there, and I agree that "scientific journals" can be bullshit, I actually recently listened to a podcast which actually discussed people making fake scientific journals as experiments to see if anyone would react.

It does however give it more credibility for when people start asking you to cite shit.

The WUBG one is probably the best in terms of playability and the easiest to upgrade.

I see, I was thinking of getting that one. Atraxa and deepglow skate seem amazing.

As an american, this is why I didn't vote.

Also because I believe that government that spans this much area is an abomination, but still.

DID SOMEONE SAY LEGENDARY LANDS???
Amen. No politics discussion here. Only edh discussion.

Hey guys, do you have any links/suggestions for ultra budget decks?
Poorfag here.

Why have I got the thing for you!

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mikaeus-extreme-sub-20-budget-edh

So maybe it's not the BEST, but I'll be goddamned if it isn't the coolest.

good taste.

Its the best when you run Vampire Hexmage and Thespian Stage.

Best at gaining you 20 life to a sword to plowshares, is what I experienced.

>bringing out marit without counter backup

Why?

if she deals 21 to you through her upkeep cost do you lose?

Because not all commander decks can play counterspells.

Read up on commander rules, commander damage is only combat damage.

I mean you can play Not of this world in every commander deck. But that is about it I guess.

can it be countered? you're not casting marit

You are using counters to protect marit. Otherwise your opponent is gong to give you 20 life with it.

I meant counter back up for stuff like swords or path to exile, marit herself can't be countered. I guess you can stifle the dark depths trigger but that's about it.

right right, misunderstood the wording, my bad

>Foil Tezz
Which art? Also, what made you go for Breya instead of say, Atraxa?

This was my first EDH/ Commander from way back when. Its a bad deck.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dragons-in-a-deck/

>32 lands
>all those signets and cluestones
I hope you've improved since then user

Signets are fine though

They're great, just not all 10 of them in a 5 color deck.

How many signets should be going in a four colour deck? I have mardu signets in for Breya atm.

10 signets in one deck is not fine user.

Nope!

Actually, I rebuilt it for a tournament. Lots of ramp, recursion, and fetch. Included Nicol Bolas because, why not? Didn't do too badly. But like I said in the comments, I keep it out of sentiment.

if your breya deck is anything like mine, then blue is the most important color, and mardu signets actually sounds actively bad. if there are 6 signets you can run in breya, you chose the worst 3, and are missing the best 3

of course your list might be different than mine, but i think blue is the most important artifact color, no?

I know a guy who just told me he did that

>Trump
>Single World Government

But Trump is explicitly anti-globalist and non-interventionist.

I can't imagine it would have anything to do with Breya being Esper, the Artifact Shard, colored. Or that she comes with Daretti, the Red Artifact Planeswalker.
Or that green only likes getting rid of Artifacts

You may have a point. I only have the Izzet atm, but I could easily get my hands on Azorius and Dimir too. Would it be advisable to run four? Maybe with Orzhov as the fourth? As there are a lot of Esper cards in my build.

The Duel Decks version. I actually like the art.

I like Breya's precon more and I like red more for the artifact interaction it gives me than green.

I want to fuck that spirit

Four sounds reasonable, especially since Breya lets you use them as sac fodder mid-late game.

FUCKING POLITICS IN MY /edhg/ REEEE

I know, I know

The most important of the two I want to get my hands on atm is actually the Dimir Signet. It gives more blue, but also black which I have a ton of in the deck.

hmm?

Friend runs this in a Memnarch deck with no real synergy. It's just for fun. Last weekend he wasted maybe 8 turns to get out Marit because he wanted to finally do it. The Meren player forced him to sac almost immediately

>legendary land
I've always been partial to Yavimaya Hollow.

One of my friends added it to Kozilek a few weeks ago. He's been trying to pull it off for some time. I let him get it down to a few counters and then stole it. He conceded when I took off the last counter. To make things worse I was going to sac the token to a disciple of bolas

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/artifice-isnt-dead/

The build I have so far. Thoughts?

>not having politics in your edh game
This is like half the fun of edh.

You cheeky prick you.

Cool boros cards please. Im going to an lgs tomorrow and I want some ideas what to buy. Commander is irrelevant, I just want to have a boros themed deck (its Marath for green ramp), cards I have: Aurelia, Sf Mystic (with small package), Assemble the Legion, wr titans, purph, iroas, Adriana. Preferably not more than 10 bux a card.

W/R Gisela

I don't do politics. I either beat everybody with a shit ton of creature tokens or i repeatedly blow up the field.

Sunforger with it's own package, ie. removal, Enlightened Tutor, Eladamri's Call, the two Mutations, Guttural Response.

Thanks, definetly buying her and feeling dumb I forgot she exists.

Cool idea, thanks. I need to think about this one doe, because it seems to eat a lot of slots.

You mean you weren't already running Swords to Plowshares, artifact/enchantment hate, tutors, etc?

i get super impatient with politics
plus if some wanker starts pontificating i get shitty with them for being a tosser