Warhammer 40k General

Puny, Pathetic Primarchs Edition

>Freshest Rules
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale old PDFs
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for first

Second for the Black Templars

ZEAL

FIRE

BLOOD

Third for the Armageddon Steel Legion.

Probably fields useful regiments!

Do the blood tubes have rules out yet? Google is giving me nothing and I want to know if I should consider asking for a set for Christmas.

Not something I think I would buy normally, but hey, if it's a gift, why not.

Fifth for FIRES OF CYRAXUS WHEN!

Reposting I suppose.

Icarus Onager versus its points in Mek Gunz, who is better at AA?

It buffs the VSG and plasma obliterator but you probably already knew that. As far as I know we have no actual rules aside from that blurb text.

Thread's Obligatory Question Post:

What are you working on?

Play any games lately or plan to soon?

Ideas on additions to your army?

Eigth for this cancerous meme

Yeah I saw that much, would be nice if they still actually sold the plasma.

Oh well, guess it's still a waiting game, thanks for the confirmation though.

200pt Tau Kill-team, i'm kinda torn between making a winter DDPAT on them or a kind-of elite theme on them.

No, i don't have any friends whatsoever

Completing my 1000pts Black Templar list

>reactor that literally runs on blood
How is this not Dark Mechanicus shit?

Pardon my newfaggotry but what does VSG stands for?
Not the guy you're responding to.

When it comes to AA, the traktor kannon beats everything by a significant margin, though the Icarus Onager is the closest competitor.

Original question user here,

I guess we can also assume they have a connection with promethium tubes, as the text also states they are compatible,

Although that may be purely cosmetic, so that idea may be worthless.

icarus has bs4 and interceptor, not to mention 3 different fire modes on it's big fancy gun. mek guns are bs3 and a damn near automatic crashing on flyers/fmc

i'd rather take the icarus

exalted seeker chariots, did the repairs now i wanna touch it up a bit before sealing it. i got friday off so i'll try for a game then

well, what what else are you gonna do with the blood of innocents and saints? pouring it down the drain is wasteful

>What are you working on?
I have two Razorbacks and 5 assault marines to paint so I can finish my Demi Company.
Then I have to paint 6 more special weapon tacticals.
Bought the assault marines used and they were painted with enamels and I couldnt strip them as well as I liked so they don't look great.
Jump Chap turned out well though.

>Building up a Falcon I've had in a box for literally sixteen years
>Played a Kill Team game, my Corsairs vs Skitarii a few days back. Ended in a draw and one of my BoP dudes got himself promoted to the new Felarch by destroying a Vanguard Alpha in melee and Sweeping three(!) other Vanguards who charged alongside him.
>I need some Venoms.

If you're building a terrain network they could be a neat edition since they are apparently compatible with the relay pipes and such. It's way too early to see if they are worth buying for their rules alone.

Void Shield Generator

For my lack of existing terrain, it might actually be worth it on that merit alone.

Reactors and relay pipes would make a cool centerpiece, almost like a bloody maze in the middle of the battlefield. I might actually go ahead for it.

My wife wants to start an AdMech army, too, so that fits even better.

Well blood and promethium.

>decide to start a warhammer army
>get a box of Dark Eldar Warriors
>get some paints and glue for the models
>total 123$

God damn did paints get expensive

Still working on my 2 CSM squads that are super kit bashed and building a warhound and warlord on commission.

Last game was a few weeks ago, hope to get one in soon.

Going to convert/make earthshaker artillery carriages or buy some wyverns for my R&H. Not sure which I want to use though,so I'm welcome to anons weighing in.

>How do you guys feel about daemon primarchs being usable in 40k and the possibility of seeing loyalist primarchs?

I picked my paints from a local hobby crafts shop.
Quite much the same stuff at half the price.

I'm having troubles with removing paint from some of my second hand models.

I wonder what infernal tar this black fucking paint is. It just seems to get darker the more I try to remove it.

I look forward to loyalist Primarchs being inexplicably as powerful if not more so than daemon Primarchs.

>IF your GM is worth anything, a tech priest or magos is going to make an appearance

I'm the token armorer of crew of badass Inquisitor-lead Radical murderhobos. We blew up a Grand Cruiser to destabilize the Naval forces in orbit so that a pseudocult could storm a spaceport and steal comms codes for their 'dark' lord, who is actually a rogue Inquisitor we were tracking, and lead our planted agents to their underhive main base of operations so we could storm it and take over. I doubt putting a poor quality plasma gun on a stick with a chain bayonet would really make that big of a difference at this point.

I have a ton of Deldar to finish assembling. Out of pic related, I have 1 Archon, 3 Reavers (one has no rider), 5 Warriors, and the legs and torsos of the other 5 (note: the legs are not glued to the torso yet)

>Play any games lately or plan to soon?

No. The only people I know are a group of flaky guys. Fun, but flaky, and my friend who plays eldar and whines constantly about everything forever.

>Ideas on additions to your army?
A bunch of stuff, actually, though idk that I'll get around to including them.

>at LGS
>playing CSM with Drop Pods against SpaceOdin Orks
>games ends
>Tau player asks to play one of next, tells us that he doesn't allow home rules
>gets pissed when we both decline and start playing Planetstrike instead
>ends up spending three hours just sitting in the store, giving us dirty looks
Why are anti-homebrew fags such yards? Why pretend that GW rules are balanced, sacred edicts that should never be altered?

But who is going to win it?

To be fair, people like playing by a concrete ruleset because it gives them a sense of agency. They know what they are going up against ahead of time and given that he played Tau his army was probably built to directly take advantage of/counter that

well, there might be cases of homebrew rules going toe to toe with Yugioh in ridiculousness.

Personally, I am always in for some rule bending in favour of underpowered armies as long as its reasonable.

>CSM with Drop Pods
>not just taking Dreadclaw pods instead
It's not like they don't have an in-faction equivalent to them.

>>What are you working on.
Finishing up my Chaos Marine army/Daemon allies.

>>Any games lately?
Soon. Very very soon.

>>Ideas on additions to your army?
The army is "mostly complete." I'll probably build a bunch of giant Daemons/Walkers/etc from spare Sprue/bits I've got lying around.

>triple the cost
>lower capacity
>no IGS
>eat your dudes
>limited unit access

so i wrote up this list for Khorne Daemonkin, comments appreciated
1850pts
Blood Host Detachment
Slaughtercult

Chaos Lord (230pts)
>Kor'lath, Powerfist, Combi-Bolter, Sigil, Juggernaut

2x 10 CSM (210pts)
>Rhino w/ Dozerblade, 2 Flamers, Boltguns

5 Spawn (160pts)

5 Possessed (190pts)
>Rhino w/ Dozer Blade

Gorepack
2x3 Bikers (96pts)
>2 Meltas

3x 5 Hounds (80pts)

War Engines
2 Maulerfiends (130pts)

Soulgrinder (155pts)
>Baleful Torrent

Plan is to overload with 12" movement high-threat units while the CSM move up and flush people off objectives, filling up my ranks with Daemons as the Marines die.

>double the price
>flyers
>forgeworld
>size of land raiders

>Playing Apoc two editions ago
>Ork friend (this was 5th when Orks are good) suggests an "awesome" homebrew mission where the Orks have a mega Squiggoth
>It's basically a Titan and costs 0 points since it's a mission objective
>Concerned but okay
>Turn 1, the Squiggoth fires its megacannon
>The cannon which was a 5d6" blast
>Turns out it was a 5d6" RADIUS
>Game breaks down into an argument about the homebrew

And that's why I am cautious.

This is old bait.

Working on a Skaven Warlord for Silver Tower.
Not planning on playing any games or building up my Ork and CSM armies either but I'm definitely getting Daemon Primarch Magnus

>can take back off again and carry your dudes across the battlefield

>needing a pod to be reusable
Just take all of the (You)s and get out.

>Marines with Flamers
The main reason you take Marines in any Chaos army is for Meltaguns.

>One giant Spawn unit.
Why not split them into two smaller units? More threats, more BFtBG points, etc. I mean, it's not like you can't hide the Lord with the Flesh Hounds.

>Possessed
A tax is a tax, alas. :/

>Maulerfiends and Grinders
That Grinder seems fairly lonely.

Building a two chimera and some cultist for my new GSC.
Playing a twin linked 1000 game later today.
Need to figure out what to add to my DE..more bikes or pony up and start buying Talos for a corpsethief claw..but having started GSC the DE are probably getting shelved

That's pretty much exactly how I started.

>meltas
thought about that, but a bit anti-horde/ignores cover seems good too, doesn't it?

>spawn
the plan was meatshields for the Lord, but i could take two separate Spawn, and add Hounds to one unit to stick the Lord in there. hmm.

>Soul Grinder
seemed to me that i need a tough midfield shooting unit, do you think a third Maulerfiend would be better?

I would reduce the CSM squads to minimum size and swap the flamers for melta or plasma and give the sergeant a combi-gun of the same and melta bombs. Break up the spawn into as many squads as you can in order to maximize the blood for the blood god points and allow them to be more flexible on the board. Using those points you get. Then add as many hounds as you can to a single squad and have your lord go with those instead

Being cautious is cool, but lots of people won't even consider departing from the scripture of GW.

>CSM drop pods
>bait
They're all over the fluff, and it's a simple change that massively proves actual Chaos Space Marines.
And get another chance of eating your dudes.

It's just too expensive on top of already overcosted, ineffectual units.

Hah
And all objectives on the board you took activated the megacannon as trapcards?

>MSU
you know the minimum size in KDK is 8 right?
figured two extra bodies for a second special would go a long way, but i may be wrong.

>Spawn
2 units max in the Slaughtercult

Has anyone Flesh Tearers Supplement?

Not a bad setup, I was thinking of adding in at least one neuro disruptor, that fleshbane shot could help out in a fair amount of places.

Any marine-sized bird heads and wings?

I want to make the Raven Guard dude from the inside cover of the rulebook.

You don't know hate until an asshole insists that he be allowed to dog fight your Dreadclaws.

Yeah those people are fags. What I'm saying is that there is a reason a lot of people avoid homebrew and that is because most homebrew writers know even less about balance than GW themselves. Furthermore, if, for example, homebrewed Orks actually win a game, the loser is going to point to the homebrew as a reason why they lost instead of looking at the tactical decisions they made or even their list matchup. Only if homebrew loses is it okay and that rather defeats the point of using it to buff armies.

>CSM drop pods are bait
I was referring to how user considers Dreadclaws an acceptable alternative when they're pretty much different vehicles, and using them as pods is ridiculously inefficient and worse in every way.

We never actually got that far. The primary objective of the game was to damage/kill the mega Squiggoth, scoring VPs for how many wounds it had lost. I think we got to around turn 2 before about 90% of the allied forces' army had been tabled. It's been a long time so I might be misremembering but that's the gist of it.

If the Primarchs do return, I think the Loyalist ones should be fucked up and cost less than they do in 30k. Guilliman some lose either wounds or T and cost about 100 points less thanks to his time in stasis. Dorn should lose an Attack and either his bolter or his chainsword, and should fight with just the one arm. If Vulkan comes back he should lose at least some of his toys because he left them to the Salamanders. And if Khan comes back he should be slowly dying from a dark Eldar poison

Meanwhile the traitor Primarchs should all be daemons worth about 100 points more than their 30k counterparts and get a host of new special rules. Lorgar can choose his powers from Daemonology, Slaanesh, Nurgle or Tzeench and manifest on a 3+. Perturabo should come stock with a giant cannon that shoots an Apocalyptic Blast. Fulgrim comes with Forgebreaker and all his special rules from 30k (with Forgebreaker IIRC he can even take down Horus regardless or Horus's super special rule). And Magnus should be a level 4 at the very least, possibly a level 5

A perfect example of a list that would suddenly become viable with Drop Pods.

and what, 2x CCW?

In my experience each model should have a kiss/caress. Embraces against hordes. Maybe one without a weapon in front is alright, but hopefully youre relying on your Starweavers/DJs/Shadowseers/Allies to not get shot up

people actually use those rules? i don't have any flyers nor plan to use them, i hardly fly my daemon princes or greaters

>Dorn should lose an Attack and either his bolter or his chainsword, and should fight with just the one arm

Yeah because what are bionics right?

>should fight with just the one arm

>he existed for 10,000 years without getting a new one

The fuck is wrong with you?

The Blood Ravens own Forgebreaker now, and Perturabo wants it back probably.

If he's got bionics, what Imperial world did he get them from where nobody kept records of "the 10 foot tall guy with massive fuckoff armor and fists iconography all over him"

I think during the Black Crusade, he was pulled into the Warp and has been fighting there with Leman Russ

>buff the traitors, nerf the loyalists
nah

>guillinought, leviathan size, woken from stasis
>punished rogal, with a bionic power fist that is also an arm cannon
>the headless horsegon, smashfucker prime on a primarch-sized bike, looking for his head
>etc

if you're going to make retarded setpieces, make them COOL retarded setpieces

Primarchs are pretty smart, Dorn probably could have built his own bionics, or the Custodes made it for him.
>I think during the Black Crusade, he was pulled into the Warp and has been fighting there with Leman Russ
Not true.

>even more Chaos wank
No. Fuck you.

You're Daemonkin. Your army is about killing hordes in melee. The flamers are redundant, and as of now, your only ranged AT/anti-heavy is in your two Biker units. Take the Meltaguns. :>

Spawn with Furious Charge are surprisingly scary at wrecking tanks. Small units, plus a Hound bodyguard for your Lord = "More threats"

Mind critiquing my list?

++Black Crusade++
+Maelstrom of Gore+
Fleet Berserkers with +3 Charge.
Chaos Lord w/ (free Mark of Khorne), Juggernaut, Sigil, and Axe of Blind Fury (160)

4 x 5 Berserkers w/ Meltabomb Champ (440)
2 Rhinos (70)

+Spawn+
3 Spawn - 90

+Helforged Warpack+
Reusable Daemonforge, one Vehicle is an "Alpha-Beast" with "Character" and a 4++
Warpsmith w/ Combi-Melta (120)
2 Maulerfiends (250)
Forgefiend - 175 (Alpha Beast)

+Helforged Warpack+
Warpsmith w/ Combi-Melta (120)
2 Maulerfiends (250)
Forgefiend - 175 (Alpha Beast)

Total: 1850

I feel that it would be more efficient to use a Daemonkin CAD instead of Black Crusade, run some Bloodletters as my mandatory troops, and use FA Rhinos for the Warpsmiths instead.

>Chaosfags in charge of interesting ideas.

>"even more"
Haha, get fucked loyalists.
>Not true
You're right. The only evidence is that he's dead, anything else is fanwank

>dread bobby guilliman
Why do faggots always have terrible opinions like this?

>the headless horsegon, smashfucker prime on a primarch-sized bike, looking for his head
I'd buy this

>should CSM have something that isn't outclassed by the loyalist equivalent?
>No!

>Are my ideas are bad?
>No, it's just loyalist fags being jealous!

Not even my idea, I just think it's funny that every time a suggestion is made to improve CSM, loyalistfags show up and start whining that thy should get it instead or that they should get something better or that they need an update more.

>I want all the new, shiny and actually working loyalist shit
Shouldn't have fucking betrayed the Emperor

This guy just wants to deep strike his melta Chosen, stop arguing with him.

Painting 500 points of Tau and debating what to get next. It takes me 3 hours to paint a meh fire warrior so I'm not going anywhere fast.
I played my first one Saturday. Lost, but had fun.
I'm gonna pick up either a Ghostkeel and a Commander or a Hammerhead and Broadside. Still not sure which yet. I'll be moving to 750pts with either purchase. Opinions?

so I've got a friend who wants to get into playing orks, and his birthday is coming up. If I what to get him something ~$20, including from ebay, what would be a good fun gift
>inb4 don't play orks, I2, etc.

>not wanting a power throne/mobility scooter for your retarded giant centerpiece
Give it a macro-bolter or something equally ridiculous.

That's not even what's we're talking about, shitposter.
>can I refute his points about Dreadclaws being shit?
>No, I'll just accuse him of being WAAC
>that should teach that NPC player to stop wishing he could have fun

My friend told me that his old Eldar army faced Imperial Guard once, that wanted a homebrew rule
"Carpet Bombing"
Essentially, he would get as many basilisk shots in the scatter direction as the table had room with the same scatter distance between them from the original target.

He told me several other stupid as shit "rules" he came across, but I cant recall them at all.

Would be fun to read more about this fuckery though

Yeah 2 CCW, gives you something to screen stuff and I can appreciate wanting to minimize that, but the troupe is gonna take fire from people for sure and I personally find having at least 2 dudes bare bones to lose keeps you a bit more up to returning the pain when you make it to combat.

My general idea being Troupe Master with Caress and ND, player with caress, player with kiss x2, and two stock players.

Of course taking Embraces where necessary but more often than not the kisses and caresses do the job.

not sure if i understand you correctly, do you want to swap the whole detachment over to daemonkin? if so, be reminded that they don't have access to Warpsmiths, orthe AoBF.
OR ANY FUCKING DAEMON WEAPON! IN KHORNE DAEMONKIN GODDAMMIT

You can't start anything for $20.

Get him some Orks clam pack character or something i guess

10 Fiends of Slaanesh conversions and a box of Death Masque.
Played 3 HoR KillTeam games yesterday.
Currently saving money for a big purchase if plastic SoB become a thing.

Need a drawfriend to do 11ft skeletal af guilliman leaning on open elevator doors going "what have I missed" to a pantswetted bunch of honor guard.
Bonus points for background sicarius quietly busting a nut.

I meant swapping out the Maelstrom of Gore for a Daemonkin CAD, and keeping the other two formations standalone. The only thing I lose out on is free Hatred/VOTLW for the Warpsmiths/Maulerfiends.

The armylist isn't something I'd run, as much as an "experiment" to see if I could make the Maelstrom of Gore "work" for (semi)-competitive games. So "more Berserkers", and fast-moving assault units to support them, rather than "Berserks inna Land Raider".

No, you can't make Berzerkers work. They are complete and utter dogshit.

i see.
You know, i think KDK is best used alone, because of the Blood Tithe only affecting KDK models aswell as only those generating blood points in the first place. in the end, it probably doesn't make a difference which detachment you choose

A Cyclopia Cabal going for blessings/maledictions can be super helpful.

>psychic powers alongside a Khorne army
REEEEE

Seems like a good place imo. Best part was getting 25% off

Get ready for Khorne Psykers, is AoS is anything to go by.

>hates sorcery
>has magic powers

Why did the traitor primarchs go through so much fucking trouble trying to achieve daemonhood if it wasn't going to make them any better at, well, anything?

>wife
>she wants to play admech
I wish I were as lucky as you.

So they can live forever/hide in the warp since it was the only place they wouldn't be pursued.

>AoS

I like AoS and think 40k would benefit from a similar rules treatment without detonating the universe

Oh I agree, I just find Slaughterpriests weird because they have pseudo-magic powers despite being Khornate.

>le AoS is bad meme

Fulgrim was aiming for it before the Siege of Terra and there are other places beyond the reach of the Imperium.

Well, desu he doesn't do anything other than pray. Khorne drives the enemy insane or boils their blood
I get where you're coming from though

desu?
I wrote desu...