The cleric of the god of luck uses a die as their holy symbol/spellcasting focus

>The cleric of the god of luck uses a die as their holy symbol/spellcasting focus
>The character rolls the die to determine if the spell even takes effect or not
>They roll other dice to determine how much damage/healing/whatever it does

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eqGup4UGS_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's actualy pretty brilliant.

Guard ur pockets, cuz I'll steal

>roll a die to see if you successfully roll the die
>critical failure

Yer a cheeky cunt, I'll give ya that m8

>Followers of the trickster god offer him money as a sacrifice
>They throw coins in the air: anything the god needs he takes, everything that comes down is for the follower to keeep
>mfw I base a god's ritual on an old Jew joke my uncle told me once

>Supernatural entities can only be killed with alcohol

he loses the die and has a nervous breakdown?

so this is basically just two face?
youtube.com/watch?v=eqGup4UGS_A

Cool gimmick. I think I'm going to join the church of Fate instead.

>The clerics of the God of Fortune are a select few of individuals suffering from developmental disorders and they use repeating digits to interpret the will of their deity

>God of Fortune
Inglip?

Rolled 4 (1d20)

I cast Guiding Bolt.

>Goosevor the Judge.

The Cleric of Fate's player is allotted twenty D20s, one for each possible result. Before the session begins, he must place them on the table in any order. Proceeding from left to right, a dice is used each time he needs to take a check. He cannot deviate from the order, and no retarded checks are allowed.

I really, really like this idea.

>not rolling 20 sided dice in character, same-as whatever you roll in game, becoming the most meta of meta-fucks

Thats what OP is suggesting

bump

>not playing a Cleric of the God of Fun and then in-character playing a dice rolling game where your character plays as a Cleric of the God of Luck and your character rolls dice for the spells HIS character is playing

>deliciously meta

>One of my players once played the only remaining follower of the goddess of fate. He rolled a die or tossed a coin whenever there was a decision to make.

>He ended up backstabbing the good guys, followed by him backstabbing the bad guys, followd by him fighting on three different sides during a war he himself broke loose.

>All worship of the fate goddess has been forbidden since, cause she's a bitch.

iirc, Oglaf had a pretty great arc about monks of the church of luck.

That doesn't sound good at all.
It doesn't even sound like fate.

Is that the one about fighting what is basically chaotic-retard-those-guys?