The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Last Thread: >>DEADED

Since Ice Age user abandoned the tournament, then I'm starting a new one.

ATTENTION FLAKE CREATORS:
I, Vronak, am starting a new Flake Tournament that will be called the "World Snowstorm Cup".

And I will pit Flakes against one another randomly in a Tournament Bracket. Which I will be giving away an AWARD to the winner's creator. If you want your flake entered, then post with a tripcode stating which ONE flake of your's you want entered. I'll save who's flakes belong to which tripfag and we'll start the pairings and vote on who we think would win (or want to win because you faggots are the ones voting).

The Winner will receive 2x NM Torrential Gearhulk cards. Pic Related.

Previous Thread Writefagging: None that I noticed.

Summon Leon user to have your shit OC added to the repository.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc

So, this is a writing tournament?

It's a tournament for OC's of the anons that participate in creating characters.

Yeah, I know what the snowflakes are, I wrote Kaina's gibberish for a while. What's the competitive aspect?

I will take a list of participanting flakes and will announce the pairings. Then we will discuss why one flake would win in a fight against another flake. Then I will post polls for each pairing and when voting is done, I will post the victor of each pairing and move on to the next rounds until we have a Champion and a Runner Up.

So you're going to give two gearhulks to whomevers snowflake's got the highest powerlevel as determined by a group?

Correctomundo.

That is if people participate.

£20 worth of cardboard for a popularity contest. Why the hell not?

>threads are constantly so dead you need to bribe people to make content
just let it die, man

Has anyone ever made a snowflake for existing people? Like MaRo or gA?

Meh.

I think it's time to let it go.

I hate to see it drown face down in a puddle.

Probably a good way to revive this would be to actually design a system for MtG rpg and then start running games for eachother.

I'd prefer if the fight's winners weren't actually determined by the, uh, "winner" so to speak.
Basically have the two writers get 3 posts responding to each other and, regardless of which OC is mechanically stronger, rate the exchange based of literary skill I.E. the type of language used, how entertaining the post is, etc.

For example;
user 1: slod is so awesome he can bench press nicol bolas while gettning his dik sucked by that red planeswaker, he slaps the other guy and laughs.
user 2: Aerin Weirdblood staggers away from the blow, pain coursing through her body. With a practised movement, she summons up the magic lying dormant inside her to unleash a firey blast at Slod.
user 1: slod doesn't even flinch and decides to get angry, so he punches her and kills her
user 2: As she lay dying, Aerin can't help but think of how her parents died, powerless against a superior force. And how her child will hear of her defeat. She can't help but wonder how many times fate will repeat itself.

Even though I ended it after two "rounds", and used the biggest strawmen I could find, you can see that despite Slod winning the fight easily, the technical win would go to Aerin for superior storytelling and general literacy.

Too late.

This actually sounds fun.

The better writer wins the round.

>Playground "Nuh-uh, my guy does X" ensues

Delusional if that seems like it would be worth doing, even if that doesn't determine who wins.

Sounds fine to me.

LORE QUESTION: Does angel have pusspuss?

Officially? No.
In our dreams? Anything is possible!

Only if they were born of a different race that was turned into an Angel afterwords.

And how does this sound for the tournament parameters?

We need at least 8 flakes. Each flake that is participating in the tournament get random pairings. The pairings together colab in a writefagging that puts their flakes up against a monster of my choice on a plane of my choice.

The two anons will come together to build up how the two meet, how they come into conflict of the chosen monster, and how they defeat the monster. Anons will make posts on google drive and post in two different font colors, which the anons will specify who is who at the top of the doc.

Then after it's finished, I will post polls and everyone will vote on who was the better writer.

What do you all think of that?

vronak you can just rig polls with a VPN, any vpn, though hola unblocker has worked most consistently for me. If you post a poll I will rig it, and I probably won't be the only one. Stop.

Is it too late to create a snowflake and join?, Would I actually have a shot if I did?

I've been on the fence about unleashing my raging (write)faggotry in these threads, but now that there's a prize involved my inner jew has roused froom deep within and its ready to come out to the world as a magnificent butterfly of endless kikery.

If I did join, what sort of character would you guys like to see?, I have concepts for nearly everything. Villains, heroes and every shade of gray inbetween. Female characters I'm not so good at but I like to think my writing's pretty good. At least good enough to be cringe-free (mostly).

I'm a team player so I can also play into other people's backstories and provide meaningful interaction.

I do every genre of narrative, from action to political intrigue, nothing's out of bounds. Just one thing, I like moving forward and doing so fast because I think storytelling is at its best when its dynamic.

Anyone interested just reply, give me a rough outline of what you have in mind and we'll see what we can do.

Shit, I failed at tripping. It's just been so long since the last time.

It's fine. You can make a flake and still participate in the tournament. Pic is the flakesheet.

If you think it would help, since I'll have the tripcode of every flake's creator that is participating in the tourny, I could just have you all vote with trip codes. That way I know who is and isn't voting multiple times.

Honestly now would be a good time.

So this is what happens when a lunatic runs the asylum.

Stonehearst Asylum.

I have a few OC but never cared to much about these threads.
How do things work around here?

Really, we just make original characters (primarily Planeswalkers) that fit the parameters of the MtG lore (or try to on some occasions) and post the sheet in the thread. Which then it gets added to the repo. Sheet here. What do you think about this setup for the tourney? Right here

This is pure autism. All these characters are pure cringe and none of you can write worth a damn. Thanks for the chuckles

Seems fine.

No problem friend. Happy to help.

> implying he read any let alone 200+ sheets
> wasting his life by coming in just bitch
Okay, buddy. You have a good life.

Fuck it. What does one of the lowest-powered flakes have to lose, really?

>Officially? No.
Canon source on no angel ladybits?

Nothing, but you have $30 worth of Gearhulks and a fun ol' time to gain out of it.

Hmm.

>Torrential Gearhulk
LOL no thanks

$30 USD value.

Not masterpieces, not interested.

'Kay.

What are you poor?
These are unplayable garbage. I guess you guys don't actually play though. Yikes.

Ya, it's not like 2 of em just won the pro tour or anything

Why are bitches bitching about two free $15 cards?

Why is a bitch bitching about people discussing MTG?

>standard

>Since Ice Age user abandoned the tournament, then I'm starting a new one.

Let me let you in on a secret, you useless meme-wad:

Tournaments are bad.

Even if you don't factor in the cheating that anybody can do fairly easily, it creates legitimate vitriol in the thread. Arguably, and maybe impossibly, more than you ever did on your own.

That's all. I'm out. The Ice Age is over and I'm gone. The remaining Flakes all decided that friendship was more important than combat and there was no winner.

Competition won't revive this storm. It's time to let go.

That's super depressing. All over before I have a chance to contribute some writing.

For a long while though, I've just wanted a nice MtG story to read. Like, a good one.

So, no matter what happens I'll come back and revive this, just so I have a chance to share with you guys something I've always wanted for myself.

Some ama on AVR from a while ago, basically someone was like 'We see cards that make people into angels, does that mean that humans turned into angels still have genitals and if they're a guy do they become grils?' The response was something like: 'This question makes me uncomfortable and I don't want to answer all of it, but angels do no reproduce in MtG so they have no need for genitals.'

We still have an active steam group if you want to hang out. 'MTG Flakes Waifus and Lore'

Please don't Waifu the Dinosaurs.

I wanted to writefag a while bavk, and still might eventually, but lost all motivation for it, meh.

Even if I did, this is not the best place for sharing it, or a good place at all. No one seems to actually read anything or discuss it. I'd still post it here, but this wouldn't be the place I look to for feedback.

I also at least mildly dislike every single one of the namefags for one reason or other (I don't dislike namefagging in general).

Dead thread. Au revoir. The gig is up.

I think you might dislike namefagging in general, and are just lying to yourself. which is fine.

Most of our user base has up and poofed away. So, it is a bummer that we don't have as many writefag loving anons among us anymore. But, it started with one person, it can build back up startin with just one person. Luckily enough we a good handful of anons still riding against the currant. I love you all for sticking around at the very least.

Fuck you.

I honestly don't know how we've managed 27 unique posters.

It's people saying that they're leaving.

Hmm. We'll see if any more return.

Awesome. I've got a few ideas of my own, though I guess with so many flakes its surely nothing new. Still, tell me which are the most overused:

>Samurai General, Naya colours. Brave warrior on his physical and mental peak who awakened to his spark amidst a crusade to unificate Kamigawa under the rule of his Lord. His Lord was defeated and so he had to flee. Ever since he defends his home from outside influence until the time comes to make Kamigawa great again.

>Aetherborn Artificer, Mardu colours. Not an actual planeswalker, this Aetherborn is on a quest to find a way to rid his kind of mortality and must make haste before his own time runs out. He "planeswalks" through the use of primitive portal tech and the previously unknown fact that Aetherborn can survive the vast void of the Blind Eternities.

>Half-Breed Demon Advisor, Esper colours. This ruthless politician is after one thing and one thing only, absolute power. For this end he will stop at nothing, trampling over any opposition to slowly position himself as the handler pulling the strings behind the Azorious Senate. He is an expert on mind and contract magic, taking men and reducing them to empty shells, proxies of his dark will. None shall stand in the way of his inexorable rise to power as a plan that will forever change the face of the multiverse begins to unfold.

>Raksasha Advisor, Sultai colours. In the Tarkir ruled by dragons freedom is a thing of the past for everyone but a select few. This famously efficient mercenary counts himself as one of this elite, going from brood to brood to provide his services as a military commander and spymaster and fetching enormous fortunes in doing so. Surprisingly enough, he's got no ambitions beyond living comfortably with the world on a fancy leash. However, what he does not know is that at this very moment the machinations of the dragons are targetting him, now that he's become too prominent for the dragonlords' comfort.

this is dumb and I hate it

Then don't bump it, faggot. Just let it die.

Nah

Made it through the night.

stop

Just stop replying to him. Let him talk to himself.

You could talk to me, since I'm still interested in this shit.