Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Friendly reminder that if you play an OD/ZS warder with Broken Blade, Elemental Flux, and/or Shattered Mirror, you're the cancer giving PoW an overpowered name.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?505598-Pathfinder-Devils&p=21377563#post21377563
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48417218/#48417691
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/48417218/#48417691
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not even gonna type OverPoWered

step it up.

Shitposting with the OP is a new low.

And it's only page 7 dumbass.

What if I play a hawkguard warder instead?

So I want to make a Warlord, what's the strongest archetype for Warlord?

Any new shit in the paizo books any good?

>paizo
>good

lmao

Veiled Lord.

Crimson Totem, Robe of the Forgotten Deity, Armory of the Conqueror...

None of them are likely to be strong enough to change your shitty attitude, unfortunately.

There are plenty of things that are fine that Paizo has made, contrary to shit posting. It's that there is also a lot of garbage.

New kitsune options in Blood of the Beast, user!

Veiled Lord?

>implying a wouldn't play the shit out of a system that was designed by whoever did the math for the advanced class guide (swashbuckler not counting)

>panther rape writer

yeeaah

Is anyone else excited for the Nirmathas AP? It sounds like we'll finally get to play proper conscripts engaging in gorilla warfare against an organized military force!

Don't even have to mention Nirmathan guys and girls are cute, and the after-campaign quest hook *will* be about Molthune!

That's really the problem with a lot of their books these days. A page or two with strong or thematically interesting options, and the rest, nothing.

From last thread, what tier would you say the Strange Magic classes are?

It's bloat so that they can jew people out of money every month.

Pazio tends to do "options that are mechanically bad but might be interesting, then 1 option that had some actual math behind it and is good".

It kinda sucks because there is a lot of shit, but the things that pazio has really screwed up are somewhat rare compared to things like broken blade.

>but the things that pazio has really screwed up are somewhat rare compared to things like broken blade.

KINETICIST

WARPRIEST

>but the things that pazio has really screwed up are somewhat rare compared to things like broken blade.
?

DON't START THIS AGAIN

are you saying a warpriest is good or bad?

In contrast, remember how like 90% of the people here casually regarded the Vigilante as a shit class with a hyper-focus and poor mechanics?

And then it became one of the more endearing classes in the lineup, on par with Slayer or Brawler?

I had a very fun session last night.

Tell me about your last session and the funnest thing that happened in it!

It was going to be back in the playtests

the wizard teleported us all to the wizards tower. She rolled a 100 on the % and we ended up at the evil wizards tower.

three characters died. It was awesome.

mr. warpriest is fucking amazing dude.

What do you keep in your inventory?

I've got 100 gp worth of chocolate in mine.

43 caimans.

I keep Autism in it.

My best list, for a party of 4.

Blackmail material.

>What do you keep in your inventory?

Bachelor's snuff

Was looking for specific examples guys, like some feat that makes a new build viable or a magic item thats nice or some archetype that lets you pull of some crazy multiclass druid/gunslinger/cleric build. You know, the specific good stuff, i know full well the overall average isn't going to be awesome.

An entire longship... don't ask, i didn't.

Well, we rescued the skald from a terrible fate at the hands of deep one hybrids-that was pretty fun. We then took the fight to their leader, only to be confronted by his pet, some kind of horrible mutant troll-thing. It was a tricky fight, but eventually, we killed the leader, the mutant, and the remaining deep ones, and burned the whole horrid village to the ground.

We also met a new PC, made to replace our cleric who had been killed by the fishmen. She's a druid, with some sort of connection to our witch.

Wait, what is so strong about Broken Blade, EFlux, and Shattered Mirror on a OD/ZS warder? Can this be explained to me? I am kind of lost.

>Dickass CN rogue playing his first game picks your pockets
>Beats your perception easily every time, but all he ever gets is melted chocolate on his hands
Sounds great.

Upon discovering this she beats the offending party senseless for messing with her stash.

Dunno. ZS Warder is pretty fucking powerful though and Broken Blade can deliver some pretty high damage.
Eflux and Shattered Mirror I'm not really sure about, heck imo those 3 disciplines don't synergize well at all.

Our necromancer found a huge pile of rotting corpses in a temple, reenactment the thriller music video with the party rogue:
>Party in investigating how an entire city sans the local goddesses temple disappeared
>Only people left are a bunch of dwarves, who claim to be the royal guard, and one who is king
>After, through shenanigans with invisibility and messing with corpses, we drove a guy bonkers and he confessed to the "vengeful spirits" that the king wasn't really the king and he had done something to remove the town and witnessed(kill them)
>that night, after almost being caught by said kings guards after the guy went nuts, the team necromancer and rogue check the place while invisible
>Over hear king blatantly say he wished the town away and for himself to be king
>Wants is dead
>Start heading back, but the we find it
>A pile of skeletons 15 feet high
>Plan is formed, messages related to other members, and it happens
>It was close to midnight
>Suddenly a wave of skeletons 100 strong(1hd each but they just swarmed the fuck outta everything)
>Necromancer and rogue riding the wave
>Horde of wailing undead fly through the temple killing anyone involved in the conspiracy
>Party meets up to confront king
>About to get answers
>Literally wishes himself out of existence
>We aren't even mad
>Ends soon after that, everyone laughing at the image of a ratfolk and Kobold riding a wave of skeletal hands
Good times

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?505598-Pathfinder-Devils&p=21377563#post21377563

Non-Baatezu devils, yay or nay?

So if I gestalted a Druid and a Paladin (ignoring alignment restrictions) would I be able to Smite people as a bear?

>heck imo those 3 disciplines don't synergize well at all
Steel Flurry Strike/Reflected Blade Style while in Primal Warrior.

Elemental Flux has some really strong stances (Elemental Flux Stance and Enter The Vortex)
Shattered Mirror has Reflected Blade Style, which is a boost that initiates a strike you just used but on a separate enemy with so many feet.
Broken Blade has Bronze Knuckle and Steel Flurry Strike, a boost and a strike that when used together deal three attacks at full attack bonus -2, deal 5d6+2 each hit and all ignore hardness and DR.

Any one of those is fine, but it's when you use them together that it makes a very strong offense, which the heavily defense focused class features of a OD/ZS compliment

What's your favorite kind of cute boi?

Fuck off.

Yes but you'd be insanely MAD

Only STR, CON, WIS and CHA (with dex helping AC and no skill unless you bump up that INT)

What about Zenith Strike+Reflected Blade Style?

The party chained up their wildcard of a party member, offered him a way to redeem himself and he refused. He managed to break the magical chains, but not the physical ones, and began shuffling away. The elven sniper blew his legs out from under him, and when she noticed he was still alive, got a crit on the headshot to put him down.

They then rounded up his remains, threw all the bits into some sacks, rode away from town, dug a ditch, threw the sacks in there and threw their blood-soaked cloaks on top of them, then buried it all.

He's already been resurrected by the BBEG as a minion.

What are the best Touch and Self-Target spells for a level 5 witch focused on buffs? I'm building one that has the familiar do all the work and delivery all the magic, as a gag character.

I don't get the memeing about RZS+RBS.
There's no extra damage or anything. All it has is that it's a near guarantee for doing 2x weapon damage (that can't crit).
Other disciplines have multi-full BAB hits, even outside of broken blade. All that Zeniths do is make the "second" hit a lot more likely to hit (you shouldn't be missing with the first hit anyways).

I'll guess the zeniths are seen as "too good" more due to them being the primary damage dealing maneuver of scarlet throne and sharing the same skill check as the (admittedly great) counters that the discipline has.

I want this so badly now, give me the holy bear!

Could accomplish the same by being a lunar oracle

Then you can get cha to AC too

Be a lunar oracle / paladin instead imo

Bearmind

>I don't get the memeing about RZS+RBS.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48417218/#48417691

>playing as attractive people

>ded link

>Not playing a dog.

>I don't get the memeing about RZS+RBS.
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/48417218/#48417691
2hu forgets an ioun stone for another +1 Sense Motive here. So I THINK that's an autohit with the ioun stone?

Jars of honey. Don't spoil as long as they're sealed.

Also, powdered milk. Just because it keeps long doesn't mean it's gotta be dry flavorless RATIONS.

>tfw no good bug races

Magical Child kitsune archer, worshiping the Wily Linguist. He's all about holding up his end of contracts.

Holy shit these threads are unbearable lately. And not because of trap foxboys. No, the constant stream of bitching about PoW, ERP and 2hu is worse.

I want to play a Dvati character who can fuse together to become more powerful, but I don't want to dip that far in psionics ;=;

>click thumbnail expecting qt3.14 foxgirl archer
>get Augunas kitsune

Why?

Skybourne had one, but well
>Skybourne
Yeah

Alteration Handbook for Spheres has Fusion

The ERP is fine, the rest is total cancer though.

Want to know why I said the ERP is fine? Because it's not offensive and kind of cute in that "aww look at them play" sort of way. It's positive interaction whereas so much other crap in this thread is negative.

Aren't your tits supposed to be compressed better in those outfits? I've seen some hefty girls look downright flat in those things.

Where were you when World War 2hu started?

Yes, but artists gonna sexualize.

Fortune+Cackle+scar is a fantastic combo for buffing witches; a cackling hag's blouse helps with the cackling too.

Fpr spells, the typical enlarge person, ironskin, heroism, and fly are all good. Debuffing key enemies can be as good or better than buffing, and Witches are really good at that. Ill omen has no save and can make enemies susceptible to everyone's spells and abilities.

If you're going to use your familiar a lot to deliver touch spells you might also want to consider being a winter witch. You can make any touch spell be considered a cold spell, letting you specialize in those and raise the DCs to really high levels. Once you get the duplicate familiar spell and familiar spell metamagic there will be almost no risk to your actual familiar or yourself and things can get pretty crazy.

Incidentally, cheesy usage of duplicate familiar, familiar spell and optimized blasting was how I once made a Megumin-like sorcerer who used all of their spells in one day to do absurd amounts of damage.

Because PF kitsune are full on furry. And the character that pic got used for was rolled up as a joke.

But here, have a selection of costumes for a kitsune adventuress including one as a gunslinger.

Hi people, has anyone here tried the automatic bonus progression rules from Unchained? I want to use them, possibly for a Reign of Winter campaign where they are tied to the PCs assuming the mantle of Black Midnight.

Would you play a game where PoW classes are banned, but initiating archetypes and Martial Training are allowed?

Ooh, and that seems to only require a CL of 5. I think I can use that, even if it is five levels eaten.

You mean kimonos?

Anime kitsune are traditionally slutty in kimonos, I'm pretty sure!

That's what I mean. Fawning over kitsune or oni musclegirls at least has some positive vibes about it. Meanwhile bitching is just bitching, especially when people try to stir up shit without even reading all the posts. Because no, 2hu wasn't a dickhead and quickly stepped down.

Zigzy?

Tried it in a campaign a while ago.

The issue with it is that there's no customization and it's actually hard for a GM to properly gift characters fun items when they're trying to slot into a much smaller WBL pool. It's good if you as a GM enjoy being stingy with your loot, but for a standard GM it's more hassle than it's worth and feels bad for everybody.

The problem is that it's a nerf; the bonuses come much later in a character's career then if they had bought the equivalent item.

He doesn't own furries, you know.

Or just a few feats with Basic and Advanced Magical Training, though granted it won't come online until 10th level

Here, wipe away the shit with some better Kitsune.

Sure, let me play a Warpath Follower with casting and maneuvers.

I'll be a zenko kitsune Warpath Follower. That okay with you?

Sure, options like Myrmidon, Hidden Blade, and Polymath/Warpath Follower are great fun.

Appreciate it

Did you read the Roll20 thread? Someone was being a dick about it.

I understand that Reflected Blade Style is /really/ strong, I just don't understand why the zeniths are called out as OP when Broken Blade, Fool's Errand, Riven Hourglass and Mithral Current all have multistrikes. And that's before charge shenanigans with Primal Fury, or a well co-ordinated team using Golden Lion to throw down tons of attacks. Why just Scarlet Throne?

Where are their tails?

I guess. I mean, Myrmidon is my favorite PoW, so if I was desperate I'd play in it.
Though I do prefer casters

>The issue with it is that there's no customization and it's actually hard for a GM to properly gift characters fun items when they're trying to slot into a much smaller WBL pool.
Doesn't the characters getting the same essential bonuses regardless of how much gold they have mean that sticking to WBL becomes less important?

Zeniths let you basically, uh, autohit if you're an OD/ZS or some other high Wis initiator.

That's good, because from levels 1 to 10 your attacks AREN'T guaranteed to autohit.

I want to be an initiating anti-paladin anyway.