Has anyone ever tried running a game for Reboot? What system would you use?

Has anyone ever tried running a game for Reboot? What system would you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k7SqlwATPeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've never made an attempt, but I'd like to sometime. I'm told that The Strange has rules for adapting your character to different "realities" that would work well for game cubes.

A different system for every game.

How many digital civilisations have you exterminated, user?

Seven
Actually... I was thinking of making a game for that purpose just to try out new ones. But there's still got to be a base system that you keep coming back to

GURPS

I think Veeky Forums made a Tron RPG once, or half-made it. Try that.

This is always the correct answer.

thirding GURPS
Plenty of different ways to run it too. Super lite or super granular. All of it works with just the basic set tho

Playing a game where your characters jump game systems could be interesting.

So we have base system (basesys). Characters will have stats and skills in basesys.

When they jump into a game system (gamesys), they pick premade characters from that rule book. Or roll it randomly. Then, they get bonuses to their stats in gamesys corresponding to their stats in basesys. An intelligent character in basesys playing a strong and dumb character in game sys will become smarter in gamesys for example.

Also I think it would be better if they played low powered characters in gamesys so their added bonuses from basesys doesn't make them overpowered.

>JEDI conundrum
Either evryone in the game is a Guardian with a Keytool, or Nobody has that kind of power. Seriously unfun if there is a disparity in ULTIMATE POWAH

and dis

glitch would get you out of some fucking jams since it seems pretty multi use, pretty much any tool or thing you might need could be pulled out.

what about making a guardian some NPC that the other characters are with?

Like, theyre all trainee guardians, and he's the only one authorized to have the tool, and he's training them, but then SOMETHING HAPPENS and they go on the run and shit gets real and BAM campaign

I haven't watched this show recent enough. Who is purple hoodie girl?

OH okay. All the other characters were much more easily recognizable.

You could use The Strange/Cypher.

GURPS.

Though the amount of homebrewing would be daunting to accurately represent life in the ReBoot setting.

I don't think it would need that many changes at all.

Don't forget: in addition to Guardians, there are hackers (Mouse), webbrowsers (Surfer) and Codemasters (Lens and Talon), and gamesprites (Andraia, uberEnzo), all of whom are as tough as Guardians...

or at least some examples of them are as tough as Guardians

I might actually rely on FATE for the base game now that I think about it. It'd be easier to deal with the different types of characters that way.

There were two search engines that they met. One was the surfer. The other was just some random stewardess on a ship right before they joined with the pirates. I'm sure they all vary in their level of skill and ability.

Well, she was no 'random stewardess', user - just a minor character with a net/web-surfing ship which could presumably run circles around guardians.

The guardians had control of that system and her. She followed their rules.
She is also a first generation search engine, compared to the surfer being an upgraded one

>UberEnzo
has no format. he just has a gamesprite Icon

I feel dumb, but I see enzo, hex, megabyte, bob, friskit, dot, mike, matrix, and andrAIa

who are the white sprites?

FATE would also account for the more freeform use of the Keytools

A Reboot game sounds like an awesome game, but I'm easily persuaded by anything remotely related to Gilbert and Sullivan.

youtube.com/watch?v=k7SqlwATPeI

FATE seems like a decent choice.

What ever system is the most disappointing.

Yeah, I'd do FATE too. Specifically Atomic Robo. Megastunts account for various power differentials, and modes are great for it. In fact, I think i'd have one of your three modes be "flexable", in that when you're outside of games it works one way, but then changes when you're in a game to something else. It's how I converted The Strange to Fate and it worked really well.

Cool redesigns, though Dot looks a little...I dunno. She's a hardass, but not THAT much of a hardass.