>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>Where to order DFC from
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Initial Topic: How well balanced do you feel the fleets are? Do they play to their strengths? Are their points good? Does any one fleet seem particularly powerful compared to the others, overall?

Other urls found in this thread:

dflist.com/#/
strawpoll.me/11609367
strawpoll.me/11609371
strawpoll.me/11609376
strawpoll.me/11609380
fullsd.blogspot.com/2016/10/dropfleet.html
dflist.com/s/#/share/373a478804447
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dropfleet Fleet Builder:
dflist.com/#/

shaltari are extremely strong when they are played by the theoretical perfect player who can always judge the perfect distance and the perfect time for when to go shields up

Their weakness is that if you misjudge when to pop shields or get scanned with your shields down you're absolutely fucked

Damn, forgot to include that in the OP
Thanks user.

>the theoretical perfect player who can always judge the perfect distance and the perfect time for when to go shields up

Isn't Pre-Measuring an integral part of the game though?

Yes it is but what I mean is more situational positioning towards the enemy fleet than just raw distance

Note that "best overall" refers to the ship as a whole, not just to it's primary purpose (especially in the case of the Ajax)

strawpoll.me/11609367
strawpoll.me/11609371
strawpoll.me/11609376
strawpoll.me/11609380

The amber is amazing but will prove a little fragile if it goes weapons free on front arc as it'll have to go at least 5" forward and have to decide on shields or potentially getting fucked without them

Good ship regardless but it's thankfully not a no brainer

feels a bit right now like the shaltari at least on paper are just better, havent gotten to play an actual game but the low sig combined with the speed, and the auto defense battery from voidgates just seems tough. I feel like were getting a slight repeat of DZC here desu

>dfc becomes dzc 2 electric boogaloo
>heavy choices become obsolete for the most part
>many old units are made completely worthless by new ones thanks to power creep
>shaltari are always strongest, the only question is how far ahead they are at the moment

>All according to keikaku
>[muffled spine rustling]

Tbh tho, I really don't see a 1500 point fleet ever taking any more than 2 heavy choices, especially if it's taking a super. It's okay if they're obsolete for the most part, since you don't take all that many anyways.

There's a difference between not taking much of something because it's a big point investment and never taking any of it because it's shit.

It really depends on how they go from here, I don't think they can really fuck up the balance unless they add in some really fucking weird variants later on.

Quick, post the most MAGA list you can in celebration of President Trump's victory.

fuck off, /pol/

Kill yourself.

Attention: This is a Hawk-restricted meme zone
Drop[___] Commander memes only beyond this point

Please leave. Rich lying politician #1 triumphing over rich lying politician #2 isn't even slightly relevant to wargaming. Politics belongs on /pol/.

To try to keep us on track, it seems like Scourge light cruisers and their medium cruiser equivalents (Yokai/Sphinx and Strix/Wyvern) are similar enough that one may overshadow the other in most situations, similar to how the Akuma overshadows the Shenlong. Any speculation there? I'm not sure the Strix has what it takes to be a good CA ship since all its defensive values are awful but it's still a big target that can't hide in atmos.

I imagine this would include a number of Moscows

Low energy. Sad!

Also low energy, but something to talk about. All a CAW focused ship needs is to live long enough to close. A Strix is a speedy glass cannon. A Wyvern actually doesn't provide enough of a survival boost to justify it's cost.

Even if ships share similar properties, the differences might mean they excel in different fleet compositions.

Fuck off already.

I dunno, +1 armour is pretty significant and the extra hull amplifies that. CA ships deal a lot of damage for their toughness, so that means they're going to be a priority target. Wyverns and Strix are both meant to run in and gut punch someone before being torn to pieces, but the Wyvern seems like it will take a fair bit more investment to destroy while it approaches.

Strixes come in groups of 2-3 and pack the same firepower as a Wyvern. Being able to fit 3 into a single slot is pretty fantastic considering what you're getting. Plus that extra 2" of thrust can make all the difference. DFC Scourge is like DZC Scourge: you're troops are expected to die to some extent, but they make it up when they close. And if you're really, really clever, you can close without being shot at all.

I'm here for 4 years, baby.

I agree with this. A lot of the time you'll use your PD against the crits, so in close the extra armour really is important. And that's not going into the wyvern having triple the strix's PD.

But it's not just about slots in the fleet, you pay battleship points for those 3 strixes.

Poor scourge. They're my 2nd choice for three of those.

For strategy ratings I figure there are a few significant demarkations.

>fast
Can reliably beat enemy SRs

>fast-average
Can reliably beat all but the enemy's specifically 'fast' battlegroups

>Good medium
A bit better than average, but not good enough to be fast-average.

>medium
So baseline Dirk Hardpeck offered to let it surrender

>slow
Unless it's a no contest....

>don't even worry anymore, you're not going first
Wait for admiral cards, I guess.

Where would you place the SRs here?

I'd go:
Fast:

VF: 25 (large vanguard group, double super)

The difference between a battleship on its own and a battleship plus a support frigate seems like the really big one, as it decides which battleship shoots first.

fullsd.blogspot.com/2016/10/dropfleet.html

What colors do you think this guy used?

Huh, I never considered painting the Lima's little doughnuts a different colour. That's a neat idea.

I wouldnt say Shaltari are ahead in DZC right now, frankly id plant that flag on the PHR atm, they have some crazy good choices for things that almost dont make sense for them.

I also wouldnt say heavy choices are totally useless, the only ones that are subpar are the standard original heavy choices, but then alot of the original units have been left behind and some need a slight tweak to make them more appealing.

I'd say they're about equal. And really it's not just that some old stuff needs buffing, some new stuff needs dialing back as well. Valks, Panthers, Ferrums and Helios spring to mind.

Io class frigate when?

I feel the Saint Petersburg is growing on me as a denial piece

Just point it on approach towards a critical location in orbit and dare your opponent to try and score it

Possibly never, the Io isn't a combat vessel. It's a small labour ship, doing tasks like mining, clearing wreckage and construction of orbital stations. Fun fact: PHR crews regularly sing the class's name as they go off to work.

>guy asks for PHR battlecruiser suggestions
>first reply is to make two Perseus

Wut

Normies on Facebook are just enthralled by the Perseus, I have no idea

I've got a better idea for a jack-of-all-trades ship:
>Noah Class Battlecruiser, armed with two of every weapon:
>2 light broadsides (one on each side)
>2 medium broadsides (one on each side)
>2 heavy broadsides (one on each side)
>2 bombardment batteries (one on each side)

Brother.

I know it will be tricky but I just love it to megawatt-induced death.

I like two heavies and two bombardment per side more tbqh

>ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT

>Argonaut Class Battlecruiser
Fund it.

Wasn't Argo the boat, with the Argonauts being the crew?

what would you do to dial back those units without making them mostly useless

>12 max damage
>good chance to hit max damage
>capable of outright blowing up anything smaller than a BC, capable of bringing a BC to near-catastrophic, and will cripple any battleship
U C M
U C M
U C M

Ferrums shouldn't have scout and their focus could be toned down. Right now they're the best scouts as well as great AA and AT, with the added bonus of being able to skullfuck skimmers with ease. They're too good at too many things.

Panthers need a shorter range of around 30" and possibly lower accuracy. The range is the big one.

Helios need something. Haven't thought as much about them, but fucking up one of their capabilities should do it. Make them worse AT maybe, or just lower the shot number.

Valks can go wherever they like with impunity right now, enabling reaction fire against them when they building hop is an idea I've heard that I quite like.

>12 max damage
>not 16
>forgetting the noble medium mass driver
You should be ashamed.

>Panthers need a shorter range of around 30" and possibly lower accuracy. The range is the big one.
>getting rid of particle weaponry's main trait
Wew

It's damage control for a conceptually broken unit that should never have left the drawing board, things are going to get messy.

This unit is pretty op right now and the range is the biggest problem.

Something must be done about it.

I'm also a fan of the St Peter, looks cool and hits like a truck. As people have said, it is great for area denial. I don't want to put my orpheus above a cluster the Moscow is lined up on

Yes.

Battleriders. Parasite warships. Gunboats. Whatever you want to call them.

>Facebook
well that explains it

Its the heavy cal guns. I think people see 3+ save and thing space marines. They think they will need it as a budget Achilles.

Why oh why couldn't the Perseus have been mediums+heavies

I would take one

Mediums+heavies would have been absolutely perfect, possibly even as a second light cruiser type.

As a CL it'd have been amazing but even as a regular cruiser with a nose gun I would still have taken that loadout

So, we currently have for the PHR:

MM: Orion, Hector
MH: N/A
ML: Theseus, Leonidas/Agamemnon
MC: Ikarus
MB: Ganymede
HH: Achilles
HL: Perseus
HC: N/A
HB: N/A
LL: Ajax, Orpheus
LC: Scipio/Priam
LB: N/A
CC: Bellerophon
CB: N/A

Medium/Heavy, Heavy/Carrier, Heavy/Bombard, Light/Bombard, and Carrier/Bombard for the PHR when?

While I still hope we get the rowboat (Heavy/Bombard) it wouldn't surprise me if they stick with only PHR troopships having bombardment as a thematic thing.

Medium heavy and light bombard are the only useful combos we're missing

Everything else would be either Perseus tier crap or redundant

Carrier bombard might be pretty interesting.

What's a better combat brick?

2theseus 2europa
Or
1orion 2europa

I'm building my fleet around 2 groups of 2 Orion and 1 Orpheus each with a shitkicker group up front running 1 Theseus, 4 Europa. Out back I've got a headhunter of 1 Bellerophon, 2 Pandora.

I'm not sure about the Theseus but the Orion will slow the Europas down enough that they can't play intercept so well. I think given your choices I'd pack the Theseus, over the game they'll go a foot further across the board and scrag a few other scoring units.

Either

Europas with Orions go slower but they're not going to be using their full thrust most of the time anyway

One day we may reclaim Earth

finally got my "lack of patience" starter box and put it all together while still waiting for my commodore

A few observations

1)I'm appreciating how big these ships are. For how much bigger they are than DZC models, they're nice and detailed while being cheaper.

2)holy fucking shit you have to sand the fuck out of PHR cruisers to even make them fit together

3) I gave in and built a Hector just so I could play starter set games and I think I'll have spare cruiser hulls anyway, I can afford one mediocre choice

Taking a little break from hedgehog spaceships to start a dropzone army.
I think i'll probably paint over the skull, I wanted a sort of feral look but it just looks a bit too comical

Give the skull a moustache and a hat

when do we figure its ok to start getting mad? December, January?

Once its been one year since the campaign ended, so December 3rd.

I'd say after thanksgiving weekend, but yeah around one year. I can't imagine its much longer though, that's another 3 weeks away.

well the last update specified by the middle of this week, but no dice so far

My first painted Ships.

Shiryu - Obsidian Class Heavy Cruiser

Aphrodite and Capella - Amethyst Class Frigates

KeK

Basecoats are a go!
Now I need to double-time their compatriots on the ground for a DZC demo this weekend. Who needs sleep?

Fun game last night with the following at 999pts :

Vanguard (SV 20)
- Atlantis
- Moscow

Line (SV11)
- Lima
- 2 x New Cairo

Line (SV10)
- 2 x Osaka

Pathfinder (SV9)
- San Francisco
- 2 New Orleans
- 2 New Orleans

New Cairo's performed really well and Osaka's felt solid too. I'm a big fan of the light cruisers now!

That looks pretty good, user!
How'd you get the fluorescent effects on the core?

Why are Toulons so cute?

Did you play against Scourge?

They try really hard to achieve their dream of being like Moscow-sama someday

Who wouldn't want to be like her?

Leonidas-chan a best, but spunky redhead 2gud.

How many Toulons is too many?

if you cant see the board anymore through the toulans you still dont quite have enough

dflist.com/s/#/share/373a478804447

10/10

Hmm- how would 2x moscow work as a battleship substitute?

Painted the core white and then used a glaze over it. (waywatcher green with a tiny bit of the yellow GW glaze)You need to apply it 3-4 times, but wait each time untill it's dry. I used waywatcher green

No, I think a moscow and a Avalon or Atlantis will though.

It will cost more but there will be benefits to having that layout over a BB. Moscows will struggle against PHR without a laser and they are only 6 damage of concentrated fire away from crippletown which could mean their doom. The BC have speed and extra hull to keep them up.

One important thing in DZC is that nearly every 'big' attack requires some form of setup. Limited arcs, weapons free, etc.
Are you out of a 90 degree turn from a burnthrough ship? Congrats, they'll never bring the main weapon on you.

Able to get more than 45 degrees out from a scourge or Shaltari heavy, they won't be able to weapons free you. Same with dodging arc on PHR.

Course Change is secretly the best order. It's how you win passing engagements by arc dodging, particularly if you're UCM.

I have an atlantis and was planning on a moscow, I'd just been thinking a heavy heavy setup where avalon + lima snipegroup and then 2x moscow + jakarta brawler group.

Avalon fuck me.

Also I think I've settled on a naming scheme for my fleet. Homeworld themed shit.

Fucking hell this thread is dead. Did the jellies get us?

I dunno.
I've asked a lot of questions the past weeks, and I've gotten a lot of sensible replies and a handfull of retarded ones.

I now have no more questions to ask and models to paint and assemble.
There is few memes getting shitposted and even less loreposting.

We have the occasional list-builder whom wants feedback on their latest attempts at fleetbuilding but nothing that can really keep a thread alive.

Do you have anything you want to contribute to this thread?

Not many games being played yet, everything has been theoried out. Lot of guys still waiting for their stuff

Exactly, this is the problem. We are still just waiting around. Many players still don't have their sets. Those that do are probably busy painting and assembling.

It is sad, around 2 months ago I was hoping to be buying up a new york class BB to join up with my Battlecruiser pair. Instead, here I am with no fucking models.