/cyoa/ - "Choose Your Own Adventure" General

Last Thread: >pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4s9wA0nW
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE NEED A TRUMP CYOA

From the looks of the polls that may already be happening.

Just a fair warning, friend, you might piss off someone with that OP.

Oh well, they'll just have to live with it.

>you might piss off someone with that OP.
OP here, can you tell me what's going on?

Anyone have a repository of fantasy weapon art? It's for a CYOA, I promise.

Some folks try to hide the conversations involving TT, and it's easier if it's not the OP, because you can't hide the OP.

Is there a reasoning for this ?
TT seems like an amazing CYOA, if not one of my favorites, but that's just my opinion
the fact that you don't like it doesn't mean it can't be talked about

Some people are contrarian and hate popular things. Some people hate PDFs just because.

I can't hide waifu or any /d/ related discussion and had to learn to ignore those posts without hiding them.

I don't see any problem with TT being the OP post.

This is a bit dated, but here.

Dark Souls Boss user here. How do you feel about weapons? I'm considering including them, but they wouldn't make sense for many of the potential options.

It's usually because they'd rather talk about something else. Also, it's possible that people don't like it for one reason or another. I sometimes kinda get miffed when it eats up all the attention in a thread despite it being on the same update for like a month while other stuff gets posted brand new and people barely look at it. I also kinda don't care for the conglomerate universe mashup thing going on with it. But that's just my opinion.

OP here, thanks for telling me.

Knight: Napoleon
Spell-caster: Trapacious
Healers: Hei & Gene + Dr. Clear
Criminal/Ranger: Seki-kun
Citizen/Noble: Stella
Monster/Elemental: Dark Elemental

>I also kinda don't care for the conglomerate universe mashup thing going on with it.
This sums up my feelings about Traveler in a nutshell. The sheer length & image-less version I can deal with no problem, but that's the one thing keeping me from it.

Make it for humanoid options only.

Hell, the game has bosses that go crazy and lose their weapons, going full beast.

And one in Bloodborne that's the exact opposite.

What should I give to the other options to balance?

That is a good question.

I don't know the exact choices contained in the CYOA, but perhaps extra points to spend on perks/traits or whatever the closest allegory would be.

Or just cray cray physical buffs for "natural weapons."

This is really amazing Highlander! It's almost like a published rpg with deep setting and everything! I like how it's kind of a dark setting, but there's lots of good heroism and fun references and bits of comic writing in there to keep away the grimdark. I made a build a long time ago, but it's been changed and filled out a lot since then. So here's a new build for the updated version.

>Amartenth
>Female
>FGL Conflict; Runaway Super soldier
>Low-tech understanding
>Super Human Body
>Lucky
>martial Training
>Meansonofabitch

>mid-tech understanding
>natural beauty
>superhuman body

>traveler leathers (upgrade 1) 200
>Physical Enhancement Suit 700
>yuta brace (upgrade 1) 900
>Contained Plasma Saber 1400
>Plasma Saber Size Enhancement 1500
>pegs
>survival kit
>id card
>basic bag
>internal sustenance sustenance module 1700
>Organ Replacement (Brain back-up} 1750
>Monster Containment Orb 2250
>Healing Chip 2500
>Wingsuit 2600
>whaleskin marks 2700
>Forever Alone [500 Credits for the cost of 1 Companion] Meansonofabitch 2200
>addict (some futuristic future drug) 2000

>The Void Hunters
>Free Items: Small Spiritual Vestment, Partizan. Free Trait: Adokori
>The Dark Lurkers
>The Order of Shine

>Shafauri Telshiva, 512, Fighter, Immortal Warrior
>Captain Grahm, 453, Void Hunter, Explorer of the Deep Dark
>Janine Yamamato, 170, Ethereal, Awol Magical Girl
>'Mithra', 17, Independent, One Who Lights the World Aflame

>The Sky city of Anmanga – Best of Everything, for those who earn it
>Terra D9313 – Land of the Comatose Gods
>The Raider

Being a escaped supersoldier, I have to stay ahead of my owners all the time. And I'm not good for much except supersoldiering. I have Adokori and can see behind the veil enough to know of the threats to the multiverse. I don't know much about the deeper workings of those threats and lack a deep understanding of the ethereal realms, but I've seen enough to be able to look beyond the petty squabbles of small worlds, and even among groups of travelers.

I join the Void Hunters and dedicate my time to seeking out the horrors of the multiverse and doing what I can to contain them. Through The Order of Shine, I have a network of support. And I never hesitate to accept a dangerous mission or to help out others seeking to stand against the twisted dark forces of the netherworlds.

Along with strong physical capabilities and a devastating weapon, I rely on magical scarring and containment orbs to protect myself. If in need, I have a back up brain in storage that can be put in a new body. And I have the Raider friend as a back-up. I can be his back-up to should he ever need support.
I think I have good companions for this sort of work. My first quest is to investigate the mysterious world of sleeping Gods.

which companion is your waifu.

Well Shafauri and Graham are straight, Mithra isn't into romance, and I guess Janine has a 14 year old body. But I rather like Captain Graham. It's cute how she organizes things and let's you know what's what.
Since we'll probably be going on journeys into deep space that can last many months, I might test how straight she is on a long, lonely trip, if the mood is right.
But I wouldn't be to focused on romance with dark Gods and other evil forces to combat.

Are Turag Imprints and Amigiwara Mask ethereal?

Turag implants? Maybe verging on probably. Amigiwara Mask? Almost certatainly.

Just how bad would one's flexibility be with an Overclocked Iron Hide?

If I choose Spiritual Transfusion can I get stronger if I go various worlds and start cults worship me? And if so what will the other Travelers do?

Very poor. You'll likely not avoid many attacks when using it, but you'll tank them like a champ.

Travellers don't care much what you do, so long as you don't assemble armies and take non-Travellers back to Ae.

one moment your fine, the next your knee deep in blood -> you’re, you’re
will disprove of vast personal wealth -> disapprove
also will no talk of Chechnya -> not
One of the illusive second generation members -> maybe elusive? It’s technically correct, though.
does things like this and will never provide and explanation -> an explanation
Beginners mistake, come, time is our river, and I teach you to be as a fish -> Beginner’s, I will teach
You meet Cazora when you jumps out of the dumpster -> when she jumps
Has a pet teacup dragon named Eustice -> is Eustice’s pet supposed to be named Eustice?
upgraded her to be to have insane dexterity gave a whole pile of knives -> upgraded her to have, dexterity and gave
Will passive aggressively clean your house if you really hurt her until you apologize and throw out your stuff -> this says you throw out your stuff, but I think it’s supposed to say she throws out your stuff. Not sure, though.
if you think your man enough then try it -> you’re
Fierce and tough as the rocks they saw bore him -> say bore him
You we’re told as a fledgling that -> were
Lia like many of the larger travellers Lia is not hard to miss -> Like many…
About as flustered as a warrior like him to get -> like him gets
but they'll take be huge -> they’ll be huge
few of mine have the heart to pass our rights -> rites?
Somber and quite -> quiet
the little AI aware he shouldn't have -> is aware
she apologizes for giving you quiet the fright. -> quite
something out of a dream you once had and had since forgotten. -> have since forgotten
Saphfo -> Sapho? It’s spelled both ways, once each.
Nuemi -> Mamirai?
did two tours in Alania and now how to use high tech guns -> know
may or may not through himself into fights -> throw?

They probably won't like you, but they won't stop you unless you really start abusing it or trying to bring people to Ae.

If you did break one of those laws or pissed someone off enough, there's likely not much any non-Traveller could do to help you out.

How come "The Now; Watcher" gives you low tech understanding? I thought it was 2016?

It's not, it gives you a blank slate. Theoretically.

Originally it was (you) but now Highlander seems it works better as open ended.

You're supposed to build a character completely from scratch, rather than rely on a preset prompt.
It's a blank slate.

But it is 2016?

The now: watcher is meant to be a blank slate origin, meaning you can fill it in with whatever you want. If the origin you want relies on higher technology, hey, you got 5 extra perk points to spend on that shit.

Do you get physical strength from Chosen Blood? Stronger can mean any number of things.

Exactly, it can.

This doesn't tell me anything.

Sorry, what I'm trying to say is the bonus is as nebulous as the wording. Defeating/killing your foes makes you stronger. That's all it means. Any skill or ability or physical trait, any manner of defeat.

At least, that's how I see it.

finished reading through companions. Honestly I wasn't very careful.

Irmuns quarry does not see him -> Irmun’s
how nice it would be, to live in a world small enough to walk everywhere. -> not misspelled or anything, but Irmun is BIGGER than you.
his skyship ‘M’Rek’s Corpse’ when you need it. -> is it available when I need it?
caliper -> calibre (I think)
its hard work -> it’s
Generally: inconsistent spelling when Canadian/American spelling differs (eg armor, favor are spelled inconsistently)
will expect meat and head scratches in the mean time -> meantime
More jaded then he lets one -> than, on
though hasn’t quiet found a new cause -> quite
the void hunter get right pissy -> hunters
Herodrial and Lunarial are referred to as a ‘her’ in one of the copy/pasted parts

Is that supposed to be your character from Super Soldier CYOA?

It isn't hard to hide each individual post that mentions Traveler, but why make it harder on everyone?
I have no interest in the cyoa or any discussion of it. Why would I want to read discussion of it when I have no interest and no knowledge of it?

Yep! Becoming a Traveler can be her next adventure!

This 100%

what are the chains and the new lore? Is the new lore the changed intro? The quests at the end? Are the quests at the end the chains?

Ah yes, 60 chars. A classic
>Andrea. I will guide her down the path of righteousness she wanted. Huh? No, that doesn't mean she has to abstain.
>Strago. I'm likely missing out on a decent amount of raw power by going with him, but he's just too much of a bro
>Sudoku. The first three options were all tempting, but she's got the skills with no downsides, and she reminds me of best katawa
>Beth. I'm not a big of rogues and the like, but she seems like she'd have a lot of basic survival skills and other utility
>Stella. Probably the easiest choice on here. God I just fucking love science so much.
>dark elemental. She reminds me of pic related, which I always thought was cute, in a disturbing kind of way. Cool if nothing else

>Meet them over the course

>Nameless
>Traef
>White Mage
>Bean
>Stella
>Water Elemental
>Gorgon

We ain't the greatest heroes, but we're the only ones they've got.

Learn to ignore it, or throw a hissy fit shitstorm, whatever floats your boat.

Nice to see you going back to pure angels on the side of good. Much better than the anti-male horror themed builds.

>angels
>pure

Nice try Satan.

I don't know what your game is, Satan, but I'm forced to agree with you slightly.

There's literally nothing wrong with lewd angels user.

There's literally nothing good about them.

pastebin.com/4s9wA0nW

Let's see if I remembered how to do this.

Also, this was the closest pic I had.

As for the secret end? I can't actually undertake any of those.

Being lewd and sexy is a pretty good trait. Seriously though, an angelic super soldier who works with what's essentially a paladin order to contain ancient Gods is a decent build idea. Much better than a succubus who tortures men for fun.

Hey Veeky Forums. Now I've recovered from Welcome to the NHK, and come down from the high that the results of the US election gave me (depression is my natural state, so positive emotions don't last long), I can actually get back to work.

So I'm going to request for the second time, could I have some eldritch-y images, for use with the CYOA? Something a bit like pic related, where the subject in question is humanoid in nature, or interacting with a humanoid.

Remember that the CYOA is about body augmentation, so pics suited for that are preferred. We're going more "traditional Lovecraft" in theme too, so yeah.

>What is Sif

Way too early mang

No sleep for the weak. It'll probably be done about the time all the Yanks wake up.

Sleep?

FUck no man I'll sleep in eighteen hours or so

Time zone? I'm GMT and it's like, 10? (I've been awake all night shitposting though) I assumed you were a yank, for whom it would be very late at night.

Considering I basically want to be Priscilla, I would like weapon options.

I wanted special weapons the level-up NPCs could give you. Exclusively them, and not found anywhere else.

(And yes, I want Plain Doll weaponry.)

The more alien the enemy, the more the weapon can change stats/forme/perks.
Humanoid weapons should have flat stats and defined perks, but would be best to be as easily wieldable as possible.

So, a bug-like boss would be best having a cutting +/- poison weapon that took skill to weild right, but a human weapon would be easy to get used to.

Also, possibly a seperate stat just meant so that non-humanoid bosses weapons would scale with it.

A few minor changes, let me know how it goes.

>some people
You mean you? And literally only you?

What are the changes?

East Coast

I'll be okay

>healthy food means you die after 5-10 years
Are you sure you know what "healthy" means?

The guy who made that cyoa obviously doesn't speak english at a high level. He probably meant to write that it ADDS 10 years to your lifespan. If you had any capability of extrapolating from incomplete data you'd get that. Either that or you're just being snarky.

To be honest i thought it was that it gave you a 10-year lifespan, and it fit after i read down further to the part where one option had your experiment televised, and i thought it may be related to that, making it "interesting" to watch someone eat something that kills them.

Spelling changes mostly. I'll keep on updating until is free from mistakes.

Modified pricing for the air conditioning and the concert option.

I'll be sure to modify that to ADD 10 years. To make more sense in the future.

Can we do a dump of more Basement ones? I can't find them in the pastebin, and they are my favorite.

Is this the chain of events that leads to you becoming the fucktoy/egg incubator of a lovecraftian God?

What's a faggot like you even doing here? Don't answer that; I really don't care.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Okay. So after about 3 hours or so of work, windows 10 updated. I didn't have chance to save it. All the fucking work's gone and I've no-one to blame but myself.

Fuck this. It'll be done when it's done.

>windows 10 updated. I didn't have chance to save it.
When will people learn to configure their windows to _not_ auto-reset after update?

It isn't.

It just schedules it without telling me.

>It isn't.
AFAIK, it is if you don't go in and change it.

Which, IIRC, is fiddly enough that most consumers don't.

I did, but you can only have it set to that or have it schedule it for you, and not tell you.

...well, that's just one more reason why I'll be sticking to Win7 for the foreseeable future, then.

Yeah, I honestly wish I stuck with it.

There's some improvements, but shit like that just pisses me off.

Excluding ones where you become literally omnipotent (such as ), which CYOAs have the highest power scale?

>implying

I actually enjoy Traveller, you doofus. It rubs my autism the right way.

What I was actually talking about was the few times I made the OP a while ago that had TT up, and had people bitch me out to high heaven.

Whatever happened to the guy who was working on the Evangelion CYOA?

The ones where you become a regular ol' god/divinity, duh. Dark God, the silly goddess dating one, the one where you're an angel and have to fight void giants, the one where you're competing with a bunch of others for worship in the modern world and technically Fleshwarper/Quiet if you're absurdly lucky. Or something similar, like that one about those angels fighting those void giants. Or the extension of a world or something like that.

Funny to think Conduit's the most low-tier of the latter I can think of.

Okay, I stand corrected. Shit, talk about skimreading.

Good CYOA tho.

Welp, you better get started on that now, matey. Looks like he Trumped the competition.

The first Worm CYOA, unless Kaleidoscope counts as "literal omnipotence".

Will the cyoa assume the reader has played the games? If so, guess I'll be forced to skip it.

CAAAAARL

Welp, time to classify this as wish fulfillment.

>Elfeim
>Dwarven Kingdom

Fuck off, my wish fulfilment would have allies and competitors who aren't as shit at names.

What, is every countery in this setting collectively known as the HUMAN KINGDOM too?

No.

Obviously, the rulers are all hipsters who use ironically generic naming schemes.

Or Greylore is a shitty CYOAA. Your pick.

If you pick the latter, be the change you want to see.

Of course not. You've got the Human Kingdom, the Human Empire, the Human Confederacy, the Human Republic, the Human Nation, the Human Commonwealth...

I'm confused. Why don't people want Traveler posted?

Fuck him.