What system could i use to run a game where theres modern day necromancers, vampires, mages and other such things

what system could i use to run a game where theres modern day necromancers, vampires, mages and other such things.

but still have it be under the nose of the public?

bumping with art

just have some sort of phenomenon where the majority of people either can't see what's going on ala some sort of magic fog effect obscuring the true nature of the world, or have the setting be full of people who are so cynical they could literally see the dead rise and just assume it's some stupid stunt or a meth head who really needs a shower

Pretty sure this is bait, but literally World of Darkness.

pretty sure this is the setting for Old and New world of Darkness, but they get a bad rap for being very setting/lore strict and not open to player agency.

GURPS could easily do the setting, and even with the default magic system (Spells as Learned Skills) keep the tone right. I'd personally advise using "Magic is Powers" (no spells per se, but people buy their Advantages outright and put Limitations on them to suit needs)

Check the GURPS general /OWOD general for more specific advice than that.

You doing a Dresden files universe kind of thing?

>people who are so cynical they could literally see the dead rise and just assume it's some stupid stunt or a meth head who really needs a shower

thats funny as shit

not bait, I'm generally new to tabletops, only played Anima and GURPS

Thank you, i will.
im not entirely sure what I'm going for just yet, ill look into dresden files as well.

World of Darkness and Chronicles of Darkness both work.

I would say perhaps build a world that has the supernatural so high up in power that they are a secret from a public, pulling the strings on all known public figures, a bit edgy but it's the only idea I have.

I'm normally an Unknown Armies kind of guy, but you're describing World of Darkness to a T, so, World of Darkness.

Its pretty simple in concept
You have mages
you have the normal world
mages are forbidden to reveal magic to normies, for [reasons]
these are enforced by [the law]
And fill in the blanks as you go

I liked the concept of the self-policing Wardens of Dresden files, and how they were ultimately ineffectual/needed to get more active in their policing. Great transformation of the society as a whole over ten books

Dresden has a game system itself (which is unfortunately kinda crap) but that means the setting is written out for you in

World of Darkness

now I'm curious, whats unknown armies

An intentionally weird meta-system where insane people have magic because they are insane. And you either succumb to the darkness or go crazy resisting. its weird.

Not exactly.

Humans by their very existence can alter the fabric of reality. Because of this, in order to break reality, you must first break yourself.

Unknown Armies contains only humans in its world, but since *everyone* has the potential for magic (they just don't know it), you get plenty of interesting creatures and artifacts that emerge out of society's collective unconscious and the machinations of people attempting to go too far to gain power.

There's no boogeyman out there in the night to get us, it's only us.

There's nothing to blame but yourself.

Anything good or bad about the world can be explained by one simple fact: You did it.

>Dresden has a game system itself (which is unfortunately kinda crap)

Are you talking about the Fate based one?

I remember reading it and thinking it was pretty good.

More near future than modern day, try Shadowrun?

Try World of Darkness. It's exactly what you want. V20 is the book you need. Chronicles of Darkness was a setting reboot by White Wolf that pretty much sucked, but it also fits your requirements.

There's also GURPS Vampire: the Masquerade, but it's third edition so I think using the WoD system is probably the better move.

The GURPS Monster Hunter series is also tailor-made for this. Obviously with GURPS you can make a setting, but I presume you know that.

There's also a mountain of fiction to pick from as inspiration. V20 will have a list of stuff to try.

D20 modern had a bunch of mage and mystic stuff if you want it

It'd be relatively easy to shunt GWoD from 3e to 4e.

Literally the premise of World of Darkness, supernatural beings like vampires, mages and even demons trying to fly under the radar in modern society.