Is there any reason I shouldn't make a cube of just awful cards?

Is there any reason I shouldn't make a cube of just awful cards?

Other urls found in this thread:

cubetutor.com/viewcube/9994
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Time, effort, desirability.

Are you implying it would be an undesirable concept?

I did. My group calls it 'The Shit Cube'. 750 cards of complete garbage.

I can't be sure but I'm willing to bet I'm the only Magic player to ever win a game by ult-ing Tibalt to untap the Leviathan I just cast and give it haste.

Post it.

Do it. I wish I had the time to do so.

i would pay a arm and a leg for the privilege to see that.

You know it sounds fun at first to make a cube out of nothing but awful cards, but it turns out it's actually awful.

Who are you quoting there, fella?

Because Ironman shitdraft is more fun.

Strictly worse cube a la Friday Nights cubetutor.com/viewcube/9994

I don't see why it would be awful.

Like, maybe if you some kind of "MtG Ubermench" baby

Otherwise it seems like an awesome and refreshing way to play.

But user that sounds like such effort. I don't have the list written online.

Then what good are you?

Strictly worse!

That's what people always think. It's not.

Once again, that all depends on how you play. I have a longing to use shitty cards and find some kind of excuse for them to see play.

Some kind of weird scenario for them to be useful. I've made shitty decks trying to make that stuff work. It's fun as hell.

Depends on what cards you use. As long as the cards are fun to play and bounce of each other well while drafting then a cube of bad cards is great

>and bounce of each other well while drafting
Then its not a cube of bad cards, it's just a really durdly combo cube.

They don't have to combo they just have to play well together.

Then it's still just a really surely cube.

If everything is awful equally it's not that bad. Especially if each color gets some kind of representation.
Now digging through a bunch of old shit boxes and just throwing sets of 15 together blind for draft packs is where it really at.
It's probably the only way catacomb slug will ever be an MVP.

You ever watch some scrubs at the bottom of FNM battling it out with what looks like draft dregs? It's like watching paint dry.

nice hand

It gets boring fast. Trust me on this

Nope. I see limited as the only real opportunity to play with the bad cards of magic. Constructed will always go for the best of the best cards, with only $$$ stopping people from doing so. In limited card power becomes relative. If you want to go full power in your cube, go ahead, but if you're group's competitive enough you're really just going to be seeing similar cards to what you already know and use. By using shit cards nobody plays you can keep the meta fresh and exciting, make your games more tactical and long paced (a thing many players like, just look at edh) and it costs feck all to make the cube no proxies.
TLDR: Do it. If your group doesn't like it, don't push it, but definitely give it a try.It's an inexpensive mistake even if it does go wrong.

There are plenty of reasons to build a low-power cube. Pauper cubes, combo cubes, I have a Conspiracy/CN2 modified sim cube that's pretty low on the scale. (Bolt was too powerful, for reference.)

That said, a cube where cards are chosen because they are bad, not in spite of that, is not an enjoyable thing to play.

Just play Reject Rare cube. Put in the jankiest rares.

>possibility storm
>bad
Tell that to my animar edh deck.

That was a thing that was printed? For the love of god WHY?