DeathWing

youtube.com/watch?v=4AqVmvuH7aQ

Haven't seen any discussion about this since the trail came out a couple days ago.

Looks good, genestealers are a bit stiff, Focus is shit at advertising. I'm decently hyped but I'll wait for more footage and reviews to buy it.

Hope Streumon went wild with the scenario, the other 40k games seriously lack in the mindfuck department for such a setting.

I love everything about the architecture (infrastructure?) of the ships. Their all one part chapel, one part naval vessel. Shotgun stormbolters are an...interesting idea to say the least. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Ill wait to see some more gameplay.

Personal hype, high

Expectations, medium

Things point to possible at launch issues, such as the flexible release date.

Hope not tho

GW told Streum on to tone down the weirdness so we'll see.

My group's hype is pretty high at this point.

Still think it should have been a Deathwatch team, but I guess the Angels are fine too. At least it's not Space Yiffs.

Seeing as it's by the same guys as EYE it should be incredibly buggy at first. If they get that sorted out it could become an incredibly good game.

Game play videos remind me of that space hulk left 4 dead mod... Which also featured dark angels.

Related?

The original Space Hulk boardgame was Dark Angels. It has always been Dark Angels. The mod was based on the boardgame, as is this.

My legs are ok.

>went wild with the scenario, the other 40k games seriously lack in the mindfuck department for such a setting.

Not sure what you're trying to say, by now every single Game has been
>Orks!
>Eldar!
>Chaos!

A 40k Game not going TWEEESSTITSCHAOSH would be a pleasant surprise at this point, and a Dungeon Crawling Space Hulk Game is just the right way to do it.

I want to see a simple but brutal Ork vs Imperium Conflict for once, with action and speed. Not always going into "Oh no it was Chaos all along" route that has been done to death and back.

>TweestItsChaos
Now i want to run an Only war game that pits the players against a devious mastermind chaos sorcerer, thwarting them at every turn only for the game to go, TWEEST! IT'S ORKS!! halfway through

It's dark angels in a space hulk, user.
>genestealers
>Evolved genestealers
>fallen!

But I was more reffering to the fact that EYE story is an introspective journey rather than a conflict being told. The DoW games had some elements of brotherhood and betrayal, but it was pretty mild and the narrative was focusing on who it beating the living shit out of each other.

Does it at least have reasonable requirements?

>Focus is shit at advertising

I remember how Streum On actually shit talked their marketing by calling them faggots.

I really want to see a collaboration with Kojima producing a Yoko Taro-directed Streum On game just to see how batshit weird it gets.

I'm in the closed beta that's going on right now.
Game is ok I guess, pathing of the genestealers sucks, they mostly run in a conga line against you. Game runs great and looks great but they have this really shitty film grain filter on that you can't disable. Makes everything look like shit.

Played through the map available 2 times and bored of the game. I can see playing through the whole campaign once or twice but other than this I see no real appeal in the game.

L4D 1 and 2 are still the best in this genre due to excellent design and really fun pvp. Deathwing only has pve and shitty AI kinda ruins it.

You do feel like you are a terminator though, if you run into enemies you can kill them. I guess you could say it feels like you are piloting a mech.

Weapons are pretty meh but there are some interesting dmg models where you can shoot off the legs of genestealers and turn them into pulp with the plasma cannon. You have unlimited ammo but your weapons can jam at times.

Server browser is pretty shit and the game has crashed a few times for me.

Game works in a pretty odd way too, you can select your class in the lobby or by pressing "i" whilst in game. You start out at level 1 when you join a game and at level 3 you get plasma cannon and lvl 5 a new assault cannon if you are playing heavy support. No flamers or such in the beta, just the 200 round assault cannon, plasma cannon and a really shitty lvl 5 assault cannon with 60 rounds, horrible accuracy but I guess more dmg and slower fire rate?

The atmosphere of the game is really good though.

All in all I'd give the beta experience a 6/10 and I doubt the full game on release would change this. There is simply no reason to continue playing unless they added pvp which would be pretty hard as the players are literally walking tanks and not squishy like in L4D.

Should explain the game working oddly some more. You press i in game to switch classes and weapons, you can do this at any time. Need to heal the party? switch to an apothecary, heal them then switch back to whatever. Yes, the apothecary literally heals your armor.

where and how did you get the beta confirmation? Do they send you an email or pm through forum?

I enlisted but don't know when or where I get a notification

well, should have probably made it a techmaine in that sense.

wohoo I just checked and I'm in aswell.

I don't have very high standards, so I'll be pretty happy just to waddle around in Termie Armour and purge the Xenos.

I'm not a fan of how open the game looks.

I'd have preferred for a more tight corridors vibe like the board game. Not to mention, if the legality isn't that high I'll be disappointed. These are genestealers, not orks. Terminator armor should only barely help against them.

>they developed a "kick" key ala dark messiah as a joke and didn't put it in the final game
I'm so sad

Meh/10

I'm just hoping they'll be better about getting the console version out in a timely manner than the people who did Vermintide did with it's console version

sounds better than some of the artificial difficulty bullcrap that has really cramped on my enjoyment of Vermintide at the least

There are some really cramped spaces, looong corridors and such. The map is HUGE and you have to go to different parts of it to complete objectives. There are different paths of getting there, the tightest corridors are about 2 terminators wide. I was running around with the plasma cannon and at times couldn't use it because team mates were blocking my LOS.

One thing I hate is that there are no ambushes from behind, so far everything has just been coming from the front or sides and side attacks are only because of the time it takes the genestealers to get there.

That mod was also called Deathwing, so they either hired the guys who made it and turned it into a real game or they just took the idea.

Given how bizarre EYE coop would get, probably for the best, because then sensitive faggots wouldn't ragekick everyone when people started unsheathing their katanas.

Really hoping it's got mod tools. I still want a SPACE 'ULK: DEFFWING or a bunch of Tau trying to move past each other in Crisis battlesuits and apologizing profusely.

What's there to discuss?

It has different weapons and abilities. Which is fine. The problem is the maps are all the same. This is always the major problem with these type of games. The maps are the same, so people find the most efficient route to do it.

If they wanted to make a truly great game, it would have been randomly generated, or at least randomly combined with set 'rooms'.

>Really hoping it's got mod tools

In a CO-OP game? user... I....

I'd honestly like to see a game where the twist is 'It's fellow imperials' as you get caught up in the clusterfuck that is imperial dick waving.

So say SOB/Necrons for the start only for it to swap to Mechanicus part way through as it's revealed that the Mechanicus have been playing funny buggers with tech they shouldn't and this entire situation was started by them for research.

Yes I enjoyed Hammer and Anvil

Hey, L4D2 and Insurgency manage it.

40k: Armageddon then. It's all Orks vs Chaos. But most people I talk to are normies and don't like hexbased strat.

Yeah but L4D2 is done by Valve and they're pro-mods. Insurgency is (or was I can't remember) originally a mod, so that's not surprising.

The reason I say no to Deathwing is because GW are fucking anal about that shit. Though Creative Assembly managed to get GW to allow mods for Total War.... So who knows.

The most interesting thing are the new weapons in Deathwing. Last time that happened, GW ended up putting them into the tabletop.

I mean Orks vs Imperium (Guard, BA, Salamanders and Ultramarines). Sorry, I'm knackered.

That depends on how far up their ass GW is in supervising this game - after all, Dawn of War 1 and 2 have a fairly big modding community, don't they? Also, you're right - Insurgency was mod-based. But so were both of Streum-On's games (a HL1 mod and EYE, which was basically a paid mod, if a good one)

True enough. We can but hope. I know GW sent Gav Thorpe to work on the story. But entire model changes and new weapons seems beyond most people.

I also read somewhere that GW originally wanted the game to be about Deathwatch, not DA. So you could customise your dude to fit your chapter. Apparently Streum-On said 'nah' and wanted DA. Though I do think Deathwatch are in the game, how they work, I don't know.

Deathwatch seems the most logical choice purely from a fan perspective as it allows people to play as they want, allows them to release DLC (for good or bad) with chapter specific weaponry and all that jazz.

I hope it's good but most of my '''(((friends)))''' don't seem to give a shit or wouldn't bother with me anyway. Still, I can always look for people on Veeky Forums's steam group.

Yeah, that's a big issue with any game - even ones with mod tools that are fairly mainstream still get capped by people who simply do not have the knowledge or power to write up models and animations.

I'm expecting limited mods that recolor the Terminators at the very least. I'm only buying it because I loved EYE and got used to the way they coded zerg rushes and pathfinding.

wtf does coop have to do with modding

I bought it because I want to FEEL how it is to fire weapons. Playing Space Marine is fun just because of your weapons.

Plus I hope to meet new frwends ;_;

The fact that it's unlikely to be anything extreme. Ie; recolours are best. They're not going to let you make SUPER OP RELIC WEAPON WITH 100000DMG AND 10000000AMMO. They're not going to let you make Orks, Chaos or Eldar models to use, or weapons.

As I said, best bet is skins, if anything. Games with MP aspect are severely limited in what you can actually mod.

What is Left 4 Dead.

A game made by Valve which owns it's IP, rather than a developer doing a game based on another companies license.

We'll see, what we?

This game's been coming out for a looong time. The mod was based on this game.

>Personal hype, high
>Expectations, medium

Looks good, and if it is as fun as Vermintide Im more than happy to buy.
Hope they change loot model thou.
And please for the love of Emperor give us more customization than hats!

howw good is the regular Stormbolter?

I'm a sucker for Stormbolters but they looked rather weak in the trailers. In Space Hulk Ascencion a single Storm Bolter can rip through lines of Genestealers, I hoped they would be similarily useful in this.

>pathing of the genestealers sucks, they mostly run in a conga line against you.
Makes sense, they were looking for AI developers for a long time.

Unfortunately not so good, if your class can you'll want to get rid of it as soon as possible. The Hellfire is great though.

Id honestly want a 40k game like this instead of more terminators vs genestealers

I don't trust Streum with AI and not being buggy as fuck so my hype is low
But I hope they sell it a lot because wanted an EYE 2 or a remake