What is the best way to roll?

What is the best way to roll?

There's more than one way?

Well.

Put every die in your mouth and spit them one by one on the table.

Lean in over the table and look upwards, balancing the die on your nose. Await DM's command.

Aggressively into other players' personal space, preferably disturbing whatever they have directly in front of them. Knocking the pencils off their character sheet is an ideal start.

> What is the best way to roll?
Leather cup. Good randomization, doesn't fly all over the table, easily usable even on small surfaces.
Also, STYLISH AS FUCK.

>Not shoving every dice up your arse and farting them in an arc onto the table

I just wish I could find a good one that wasn't $40+ or the size of a thimble.

>not eating the dice, downing some laxatives and excreting them into the middle of the room

I like to rub my hands on the inside of a cheetos bag and use my friends' dice.

With your tits, if available.
Or if not, into a small plastic box that transfers kinetic energy well.

Lol'd

Put die in balloon, blow up, pop over table.

>Mid-sentence
>Always mid-sentence

"The axe come hurling towards you and *rollsdie* strikes you directly in the shoulder, throwing you to the ground!"

Show some flair while you play.

Directly at any miniatures or terrain.

By throwing them at the resident THAT GUY

I have a little catapult that I flip with my finger to launch the dice across the table. Sometimes I aim at the DM screen and pretend I'm laying siege to a castle.

My DM told me to stop doing that.

Guys please, when you joke about this make sure you talk about shouting "Needs more daka!" before shoving dice in/shooting dice out of yourself. We had a new guy at our table that didn't shout before doing this and it was just weird.

Towards the edge of the table.

With a T?

Shake vigorously and then let loose. Nothing more to it.

>Shake vigorously and then let loose.
>Nothing more to it.

You maniac

Just like a bottle of ketchup.

Pantless.

>What is the best way to roll?

But of course you will only accept unconditional surrender. With his supply lines blockaded, time is on your side.

Form your hands into the Imperial Aquila, holding the dice between them, and then roll. Guaranteed better results*

*Will most likely give worse results

One die at a time for dramatic effect. Have the whole group help count up damage when rolling for something with many dice.

Dice tower without a gm screen.
My gm has given me trust issues.

>load the dice into a shotgun
>shoot them at the GM

I haven't figured out the next step but a critical hit is likely involved.

As long as it's a good shake and openly on the table, i have one in our group who does it on his paper or on the couch with barely visible dices. And lo and behold he passes almost every roll check magically.

Rule Prime:

If it's not rolled on the table and the GM can see it, it's not valid.

>Vigorous back and forth shaking at crotch height.
>Contorted face.
>Low moan on release

I made velcro dice and we throw them at a big velcro panel I stuck to the wall.

Critically.

pics

I came here to tell everybody about dank dice towers
and that they should make them out of LEGO bricks

Beautiful!

>50171714 (OP) #
>What is the best way to roll?
With your homies.

#
>Show some flair while you play.
It's a *rollsdie* pleasure to meet you!
No, seriously.

Do they come in 5 gallon bucket size? I play guard and we roll up to a 150 dice per unit pretty often

>Do they come in 5 gallon bucket size?
Why not?

/thread

This is the "quality content" Veeky Forums gained thanks to removing quests. Not sure what's worse

Why?
What content were you hoping for?
What content have you contributed?

I was actually just about to say that I'm glad we can still have light-hearted threads like these.

Now though, I also have to point out that you're a bit of a cunt.

This is lightly related to Veeky Forums. I'm sorry your shit had nothing to do with Veeky Forums. I don't like the anime shit RPG's either, but at least they're planning/organizing/making their own rules.

Couldn't agree more. It feels good to have a silly thread, from times to times. Reminds me of the old Veeky Forums.

I hate to derail the thread further, but quests had all those things you said.

Well, you get your dice ready.
Then you shitpost on Veeky Forums.
By the time you get back, your dice should have the appropriate result.

In a suitable tray. Or even a box, for fuck's sake. Just stop throwing them all over the table like unpinned grenades and spreading them at the four corners of the room or kneecapping my miniatures. Yes, I'm talking to you, Steve, I'm fucking tired of this shit.

Virtually.

Online is best.

dice bots.

When is the drawfag gonna finish this?

Like that.

>best way to roll?
Gently but controlled and with purpose, so that the dice roll only briefly, traveling no more than a few inches before coming to a complete stop. Too much force, and the dice will fly across the table and cause havoc. Too little, and they will meekly drop from your hand and scatter. Discipline is the key here.

GM tip:

For a particularly dramatic roll, if you know exactly how may dice the players are going to need for their next action, roll them ahead of time in a dice cup and place the cup face down in the middle of the table. Once they decide what they want to do, slowly lift up cup.

It's what they do in a traditional Japanese gambling game: dice are rolled in a cup, which is placed on the table -- or, extra traditionally, a tatami mat on the floor -- and THEN bets are made.

I want to steal this, but I honestly don't know how to make it make sense in a game. Maybe have some kind of prophecy take place and the die represents how it's predestined?

Depends on a couple of factors:

>How many dice are you rolling?
If it's more than you can fit in your hands comfortably, then be willing to use a cup. Even just a plastic cup would work. Something that's at least as big as a tumbler should work for anything less than Shadowrun levels of dice, at which point you will probably need a Big Gulp cup.

>What surface are you rolling on them?
If it's too small a surface, you might not get to toss them across the surface, and might need to settle for just dropping them and hoping for the best. If you have to use a cup with a small surface, just clap the open mouth of the cup on the table. Alternatively, roll the dice in, "shifts," a few at a time.

That would make for some really good purposely dramatic BBEG type stuff.

It doesn't really need an explanation. If there's a lot riding on the next roll and you know what dice are going to need to be rolled, you can just do it. The dice are meant to be a neutral arbiter; it doesn't matter when they are rolled as long as the parameters are the same. I suppose some players might have an autistic meltdown if it wasn't THEM rolling for THEIR actions, but hey, not all the same GM moves work with all the same groups.

I keep pre-rolled sheets of numbers behind my screen in case I want to "roll" without the players knowing anything's being rolled (e.g. for passive perception checks)

We can't all afford tiny snekbros to roll our dice, user.

I mean, sure, but if you're going to be rolling differently for this one specific roll it would make sense for there to be something about that roll that could justify it being a nonstandard roll other than a vague sense of importance. Otherwise it's just sort of a cheap trick, like a jump scare.

>garter nagas

with the "top down, in my five point o"

>staring at her chest with contempt

underrated

Not if it's used to emphasize how important is the decision the players are about make.