Black metal tg thread

hi in this thread u tell me how black metal influenced ur Veeky Forums shit and some cool settings, mechanics, char concepts, stories, worldbuilding

i will bump with cool pictures and stuff
words that are forbidden to use in this thread: MYFAROG, Varg Vikernes, Burzum

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan(.)org/wiki/Setting:Hail_and_Kill
youtube.com/watch?v=I7Dz23J1hL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how do i ban u kiddo?

It didn't. Someone being a metalhead is a dead give-away that you don't want to play anything Veeky Forums-related with them. Well, it'd be a dead give-away if their weight and body odor were under better control, at least.

>tg
>standards
lol

Metal, I do like.
But not "Growling", or anything that sounds derivative of AC/DC vocals.
That nixes "Black" as a genre.

A lot of classic metal and 80s power metal stuff has that campy but nostalgic feel that I'm looking for in my games.

Not black metal though. Growling sounds like a failed attempt at drinking bleach.

Well there was this group project here.
1d4chan(.)org/wiki/Setting:Hail_and_Kill
Semirelated I help put on black metal shows where I live.

My current character is not!norse sea reaver, and ice-dragon blooded, mutated, chaotic evil murdersadist devotee of the winter goddess atop of that. He also strives to remove the foreign influences and religions, including church of not!christian dogooder god from his homeland,
Also wears black clothes.
Try to be more black metal than that, I dare you.
I don't listen to black metal actually, I used to, but that was in high school, six years ago. But i found the concept... fun

>ywn play a black metal-inspired dark fantasy campaign where you all play as corpse-painted warriors and sorcerers in a sinister world of white winters and black magic

bump again

in my medieval high fantasy conworld i have a subrace of grey skinned elves that live in the arctic (their ancestors were banished here). they are really strong combatants... when they die they turn into a pile of black metallic powder...

when the elven continent got nuked into a post apocalyptic wasteland during a race war, they finally came out of their arctic home and settled all over the continent as other surviving elves migrated from danger

havent rlly expanded on them beyond this because ive bunch of settings and they are all paused WIP. but just making mention of these guys because i was inspired by BM, lol...

so like a less exaggerated chaos warrior from warhammer with a more realistic and sensible approach to the character? whats the setting?

>sinister world of white winters
tell me more

i saw it some months ago the setting seemed gay to me not too badass and grimdark as it should be funnily enough i have an old school heavy metal sword and sorcery setting of my own + 80s barbarian shit, cyborgs and stuff like that but srry thats too far away from the topic

>Metal, I do like.
>Veeky Forums
rly?

another 2 settings of mine that were inspired by black metal and dungeon synth (probably take place in the same conworld, not decided):

number 1
>medieval stasis
>mankind is dying out
>plague everywhere, everyone dies from really bad sickness
>everything is covered in dirt and shit
>banditry
>famine
>degeneration
>cannibalism
>very bad weather
>old abandoned castles and towers dating to the most ancient times
>the landscapes are littered with countless bodies of soldiers that died long ago, their armour and weapons are covered in rust
>people scavenge them

number 2
>a group of norsemen are lost at sea
>they sail in their longboat permanently through dense fog
>from island to island
>with abandoned castles
>wraiths and other undead dwell in them
>they are slowly dying one by one
>they cant find their way home
>its hopeless

>tell me more
P-please don't tempt me into making a grimdark black metal worldbuilding project

argh stop with your memes

bump

Without fail, the coming of the long winter brings doom and darkness.... Seriously, every winter....

Veeky Forums has worked on several complete metal themed settings and systems, in the same vein of Brutal legend, Metalokolyps etc. Some of my favorite stuff. Check the archives.

Its my dream to one day either troll a foam battle game, or set up a whole larp event with a black metal theme. I got a bro with a belt amp and I'd set up my drum set on the field, dressed like black metal music video extras.

Beat me to it.

Check the Foolz archive. We've done it before.

>foam
how old are you 50?

Self-aware metal stuff is gay as fuck.

>>Metal, I do like.
>>Veeky Forums
>rly?
What so strange?

27. Why?

Foam battle games, and foam boffer larp rule the US.

bampin for bathory

bathory fuck yeah!

ARE YOU READY?

I love metal but I've never turned to black metal for inspiration.

But maybe having 3 warlock BBEGs who keep dramatically appearing from behind rocks and trees Call of the Wintermoon style would be fucking hilarious.

Pic related when I saw Rhapsody of Fire at Bloodstock (uk festival) playing before Immortal. I was surrounded by corpse painted fun vacuums while jamming out to gloriously cheesy power metal, I gave no fucks.

How do I make my full caster for the next 5e game I'm playing metal as fuck, Veeky Forums?

Become the Explosion

bump

stat picrelated

>3 warlock BBEGs who keep dramatically appearing from behind rocks and trees Call of the Wintermoon style
funny

Not sure if it's the metal genre you're after but I played a Great Old One Warlock inspired heavily by the album The Lucid Collective, namely the tracks Spontaneous Generation and Join Us Beyond.

youtube.com/watch?v=I7Dz23J1hL4