How do i make a metroid Game work?

Lots of planing.

Which Metroid game is that?

Anyone can do an atmospheric dungeon exploration game. Metroid specifically would be a fucking horrible idea to run as a roleplaying game, but something like a squad of players exploring a dark abandoned network of spaces could be done in nearly any system. The key element to it is actually in how well the DM handles *description*.

If you want them to sequence break the dungeons, play D&D.

look up Blood of the Chozo if you need some ideas.

I love the metroid games, but I really don't see them as a good basis for group-based adventuring. That said, It does have some elements you could incorporate in a sci-fi dungeon crawl:
1. Heavy emphasis on different environments, and how they affect and hinder the PCs. Examples include stifling (or lethal) heat, underwater sections, acid pools or even atmosphere, aggressively fast-growing vegetation, the list goes on.
2. Related, new and weird enemies for each environment that the players need to learn their way around; weaknesses, behavior, etc
3. Cool tech looted from the dungeon being the main source of PC empowerment.
4. Spectacular bossfights. Using a system that encourages tactics other than hitting them until they run out of hp helps.
5. Environmental storytelling. Have PCs figure stuff out more from clues they find rather than NPC talk.
Okay, wait, this was quite a substantial list. I COULD se this make a good game.

Try blowing on the cartridge.

Nice.

Came here to say this.
+internet to you

/thread

set it during the old republic.

1. give players arm cannons
2. SPACE DRAGONS

3. TUUUUUBES

Did you try blowing on it?

Don't forget
>occasional checks for finding hidden missile and life pods

Eeeh, I'm not sure that part translates into tabletop in a good/fun way.

Occasional as in if they really need some gear and are either out of cash or about to fight an important battle.

Is that gif really from the game? It seems a lot prettier than I recall.

I think it's form that recent fan-game.

I thought it was the 3DGBAdvanceColor version.

Declare Other M non-canon.

I'm pretty sure it's not from AM2R, but it looks nice. Having the Spazer's charge shot be a three round burst of shotgun spread plasma bolts is a really fucking awesome idea, and I'm not just saying that because I had a similar idea way back when, either.

Which one? AM2R's HUD doesn't look like that, come to think of it I don't recognise anything from AM2R in that gif, and the developer announced they'd stop updating the game shortly after version 1.1 was released due to getting DMCA'd by Nintendo.
Was there some other recent fan-game?

I mostly just assumed since I didn't recognize it. I know It's not super, zero mission or fusion, so what does that leave?

Incentivize exploration:

-EXP/Skill gains and progression by advancing to regions or overcoming obstacles and stuff
-Have an incentive or a quest to catalog so and so flora/fauna/phenomenon
-Have a quest to confirm a rumor of certain species/creatures

Stuff like that.

>Other M
On the one hand, the equipment was nice, and the gameplay, aside from the forced first-person sections where you had to suddenly change gears from third-person to first-person in the middle of a tense boss battle, was pretty good and felt nice.

On the other, the plot sucked and neutered a character to pander to the parent company's home market.

If they'd either made it a pure third-person, if ranged combat-heavy, beat 'em up game, or made it pure first person like the Prime series, and then left what little characterization Samus had alone, it would've been a great game.

I'd say to make the tech canon to the game, and retcon Other M's plot to make Samus fit more with the way she's been built up to be until then.

Nothing official I'm pretty certain, so it's probably some Super Metroid ROMhack or one of the other fangames. Can't find anything with image search.

>Other M
You mean the game with 2 hours worth of cutscenes in a game that is traditionally COMPLETED in 2 hours?
Or other heinous sins against what makes Metroid franchise itself?

I'm going to assume you just somehow skipped the part where I said the plot sucked and neutered the main character.

If you didn't miss that part, please elaborate as to what I missed in my opinion and maybe I can explain myself.

Declare Other M noncanon, then have Id software team up with Nintendo to make a new game in its place.

you put the cartridge in the NES

Just don't fuck it up as bad as Nintendo and you'll do fine

top reply lad