games-workshop.com/en-NZ/blog/blog.jsp
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warmaster
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP forgot the fucking thread name edition

RIP thread

How to best outfit my Kastelan robos?

Phosphor blasters, phosphor blasters everywhere

natfka.blogspot.com/2016/11/confirmations-for-december-releases.html?m=1

I'm getting both HH sets Soon that I want to run as CSM.

How will I do with just those?

Considering getting the GW Tint set, any opinions on whether its a good buy?
I do worry about not being able to get more pots of tint if I want to expand my collection and not being able to ever get the same tone in a particular paint. It would ruin the uniformity of my army.

Is there a reason to use the fusion collider on a Ghostkeel, EVER? It seems to be trash.

Reposting in hopes anyone feels like throwing in some suggestions.

Anyone up for helping me build my first 850 Black Templars list for my first tournament in 10 days?

Here's the stuff I own (relevant cause WYSIWYG unless it's super minor things):
- 2x Land Raider Crusader + Multi-Melta
- 1x Venerable Dreadnought (Power-Fist /w Storm Bolter + Twin-linked Autocannon)
- 1x Drop Pod
- 1x Grimaldus + 3 Servitors
- 1x Emperor's Champion
- 1x Command Squad Members (Banner, Apothecary, Company Champion (Power Sword + Shield))
- 15x SM + Bolter
- 11x SM + Chainsword + Bolt Pistol
- 1x SM + Melta
- 1x SM + Plasma Gun
- 2x SM + Flamer
- 1x SM + Missile Launcher
- 1x SM + Power Fist + Bolt Pistol
- 2x SM + Power Sword + Chainsword
- 2x SM + Power Sword + Bolt Pistol
- 2x Magnetized SM with magnetized Plasma Gun, Meltagun, Flamer, Heavy Bolter and Missile Launcher
- 3x Neophyte + Shotun
- 2x Neophyte + CCW + Bolt Pistol
- 2x Assault Terminator + TH/SS
- 3x Assault Terminator + Lightning Claws

The fixed Plasma Gun and Melta minis I can probably get through to count as Combi weapons, since the minis themselves are easily distinguishable from the rest.

Sorry for the huge info dump, but would be great if anyone could help me figure out something effective. Been trying all kinds of builds, testing several different combinations of what to drop pod in, with or without termies, the dreadnought and the command squad and testing with or without the LRC and if I should take the Champ or Grimaldus or a normal Captain/Chaplain represented by them.

Thanks if anyone is up for some list building to help me out.

What exactly do you plan to do with it that you couldn't do with mixing paints?

>Confirmed

I'll believe it when I see it, but goddamn I want too. I have $300 waiting, and I'll probably spend more.

>faeit
>anonymous sources
I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm not, don't worry. Been playing SoB for a long time now. The last time I got excited was when they did the Facebook shit for sisters when they announced their 6th update.

So is there any point at all ever to take a chainsword over a pistol when using, say, a power weapon in your other hand?

Wouldn't it literally be the same but without allowing you to shoot?

Yup they're literally the same. A chainsword is a CCW and a pistol can be used as a CCW.

Modeling and WYSIWYG

God, this has got to be one of the most retarded crunch vs fluff things in the entire game.

Using a fucking chainsaw on a stick, specifically built to RIP AND TEAR through anything somewhat soft shouldn't be as flimsy as knocking someone over the head with the butt of a pistol.

To be fair I always thought it was supposed to represent the fact that pistols are agile enough to be fired in melee combat and so aid you in your struggle.
But then using the gun's profile to make attacks is basically yet another shooting phase so counting as a CCW is probably more balanced. Can't have plasma pistols actually being good, now.

But yeah it is retarded. Luckily 40kRPG lets you properly tear it up dualwielding chainswords if you're so inclined.

True, if you see the pistol as being shot mid-melee, it makes somewhat sense. Though even if it's obviously for balance reasons, a Chainsword having the same melee power as your fists is just silly, which works for most "standard" melee weapons without any benefits.

Is there any advantage to playing Khorne Daemonkin if you're not actually planning on using any of the actual Daemons?

Why did you model a Space marine with a Power Sword and a Chainsword?

For some reason, I though chainswords were ap6

It is
At least you can model it to lessen the cheese factor but like thatll stop people from bitching

Its an abstraction intended to include shooting with it. In 2nd ed. Everything was differentiated, but chainsword and a few other things were compressed to make armies with larger model counts playable.

Not since 2nd when they were -1 armor save.

I mean Battle Congregations already come with a fortification slot built in, so technically any fortification can fit into a War Convo...

>mfw they make a single "fortification" that's a Plasma Obliterator in front of a Void Shield Generator connected by Promethium Relay Pipes to Haemotrope Reactors

Are Scions good?

And, unrelated, how strictly do you guys adhere to WYSIWYG?

As an army? Not really

Imho, that's a good way to handle chain weapons. Give them armor penalties.

Swords -1
Chain Sabers -2
Axes -3
Fists/Evicerstors -5

>Whatever type of hobbyist you are – this website is for you.

>For dedicated painters, there will be loads of articles on process and technique. For the avid gamers among you, we’ll have helpful tips and tactics, and for those of you who love the background and lore of the Warhammer settings, there will be a wealth of resources and insights. You’ll find content on Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar, alongside articles on Black Library fiction and Forge World news. We’ll have details for Warhammer events across the world, exclusive interviews with the people behind the models and books you love, as well as articles full of hobby content written by experts from the Warhammer Community – gamers and painters just like you.

>In all, we’ve taken everything you know and love about the blog, and grown it into everything you could wish for in an official Warhammer Community site. It’s all coming, this time next week.

>Stay posted for more news soon...

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/blog/blog.jsp

I don't really care about WYSISYG so long as it's reasonable, like saying this Heavy Weapons team is a mortar, when it's modeled as an Autocannon

Who's willing to bet that this shuts down fast because of people from here?

As a unit

I wonder if Carnac uses other forums to shit post?

Chainsword > shit against armor, work no better than just using your fist.

Eviserator, chainsaw attach to power fist, Dread chainfist > now suddenly work well against thick vehicle armor.

Tho i do believe weapons come in different grade and quality, like the chainswords used by guardsmen are probably very shitty

Take:
- Chaplain Grimaldus
- Full Crusader Squad w/ a Sword Brother with a power sword in a LR Crusader
- A Tactical Squad with a Missile Launcher w/ Flakk Missiles
-The Venerable Dreadnought

Won't happen without a huge edition change. The switch to the AP system in 3rd edition was done in large part because Marines died like flies to everything when armor modifiers were around. They had a 6+ save to heavy bolters for example. The only Marines that felt tough were Termies because they rolled saves on two dice added together.

>chainfist
Power field.

>Dreadfist
It's a fucking Dreadnought. Also power field.

>Eviscerator
I actually don't know about this one. I want to say power field but I may be wrong.

However you missed out the complete bullshit of
>heavy chainsword

>Chainsword

Light, no power field

>Eviscerator

Huge, Heavy

>Chain-fists

Power field and heavy.

How many models do you field at 1850 and what race do you play?

Guard here, 100 models and 8 vehicles

They have a place as a deep striking melta delivery system.

8th is coming with huge changes!

I've made progress on my Deldar finally because I figured I'd do a little bit before work.

I'm down to my last 4 warriors of my first starter box, and all that's left are heads and arms/guns. The rest are all splinter rifles, but I don't know what I should do with these 4.

Should I leave them armless for now and save the heavy weapons? Should I just give them all rifles and leave a few armless from the second box? I might use the blasters for my scourges, but I could also use them blaster born.

This is harder than I was expecting.

Sisters here

5 Immos, 2 Exorcists, 50-70 bodies give or take.

The changes I'm talking about are ”invalidate everyone's codex and issue a black codex" type changes. Basically pulling an AoS which rumors say they are not doing. But sure, it is conceivable.

Tzeentch Daemons

Usually 71 Jump and regular Infantry, and three FMC.

I like to model mine as such.

"Sybarite" has the sword and splinter rifle so he can still be WYSIWYG if he was only a kabalite, 2 Blasters, convert the Shredder by chopping off the tip and adding the tip of the Blast pistol onto it, and 1 Dark Lance.
So it ends up being 7 Splinter, 2 Blasters, 1 Lance per box of dudes.

Eviscerators are just fuckhuge. They rarely get modeled properly in 40k itself. And I think the Repentance style of them was a mistake.

>Repentance
Repentia

We may have found the answer to how we get rid of him. Unless you subscribe to the theory of him being Goulding then he may use other forums to funpost.

Making a ravenwing list, haven't played in about 5 years.

Is it better to have multiple small squads or a few big squads?

Multiple small units = squads spread out more = squads cannot be focus fired as easily = squads survive longer and can cover more ground in objective-based games.

You'll be giving away kill points more easily in cases where this actually matters, though.

It's usually better to have smaller squads, unless you're using unit buffs.

Found a 10 man squad on ebay with nice armors a while ago for like 15€ max, no idea why he'd put them together like that.
They look cool, so that's good at least.

Sounds solid. Why the flakk though? Are fliers common enough to warrant those 15 points over taking Extra Armor for the LRC?

>how we get rid of him.
Hahaha.. no.

>we kill the bat

You won't have any way to deal with fliers if you don't have the flakk.

Mediocre at best
You'll need a couple rhinos and some heavy weapons so you can get some havocs and not be foot slogging
There aren't any GW rules for chaos contempors so unless you want to buy a £50 book from forgeworld you'll have to run it as a helbrute, so all in all its fairly shit with just 60 marines, 10 termies, and 3 HQs, I mean the Walker and custodes can be converted and used as chosen and a helbrute, but both of those kind of suck
I don't even know what you could do with the sisters and Geigor outside of selling them

Choosing an army, I like Space Marines and assault

Blood Angels or Space Wolves?

Do you prefer blue or red?

>8 mega force bundles

Are these the rumored Premium Start Collecting?

I've been waiting to buy stuff until there's more clarification on what these are.

Got a decent chunk of change ready if GW has black friday deals again as well

Space Wolves do assault far better than Blood Angels could ever hope to.

Seriously, the disparity between them is laughable.

Maybe I'm just retarded or something, but couldn't you just mix paints and write down the formulas?

Why are 28mm tanks so Xbox hueg?

Because tanks are big?

Do you want to be average and cool or hugely overpowered and a furfag?

>hugely overpowered
There's literally like one maybe 2 codexes that don't have crazy power builds that can beat any non WAAC build
If you stay away from wulfen and thunderwolves space wolves are just viking marines
T. an user married to a furfag that plays space wolves

it seems more like a return of the old webstore blog/black gobbo kind of content, as opposed to a forum.

Which I would be pretty happy with.

My buddy was interested in playing guard. But I only had Tau and Chaos Marines. So we ended up having a crisis suit be a mortar team for him, and 20 CSM for conscripts and aspiring champions to represent his veteran squad.

It was fun wounding Marines on 2's

Afaik, the Marine sprues come with weapons. Having both would give:

>3 ML
>3 Flamer
>6 HB
>6 Plasma
>6 Melta
>3 combi-M/P/F

Plus melee options like claws and shit.

The termies come loaded with combi bolters, 2x claws, fists, chain fists, AC, and 2 HF.

As for the Dread, I planned on using it as a hell brute, yea.

You mean Age of the Emperor and the Lord Commander's Handbook.

Only the dead can know peace from this evil.

Yep. Love it. Hope it happens.

Yup

AoS is better than the 40k shitstorm

I think the AoS monster rules are WAAAAY better than 40k monster/tank rules.
Also the damage+rend table is better than 40ks str and ap table.

They both focus on shining armored protagonists, Khornate antagonists, and large centerpiece models, so we're already 99% of the way there.

Looking for opinions on this list

Half of them are for age of shitmar, the other four are 40k guaranteed one of them is SM

Got my first 1500 point game in today as Necrons against an Ultramarine Demi-Company+Raptor Wing. I was just using my Combined Arms detachment.

Ended up actually doing really well, he underestimated my double buffed Immortals. My warriors and tomb blades were able to take out his fliers and my Tomb Blades got really lucky against his Assault Marines.

The Triarch Stalker was the target of the drop pod dreadnaught but it didn't kill it so the turn after it ate a Melta shot then 20 gauss shots.

I am thinking about replacing Szeras with Obyron or an Overord with the teleporter so I could get rid of my Night Scythe.

Luckily it came in turn two, other games it hasn't arrived till 3 or 4 and it is carrying 1/3 of my points

How about you type it out in a format someone can easily understand.

AoS>40k on rules.

I wonder.

SM
Eldar
CSM
Orks? Tau? I'd really like an AdMech but I have doubts

SM already have their big pack. Strike Force Ultima.

I'd say
Tau
GSC(for DEM HOLIDAY SALES BOOSTS)
IG
Eldar

Warmaster's handbook sounds better.

SM
SoB
GSC
TSons

Don't think there has been a warmaster since horus

GWs doesn't even have any CSM Land Raiders! Just tell me not to assault anymore, stop being subtle! SHOOTING IS FOR NERDS!

There have been several.
It's a title assigned to the commander of a crusade but is not an official rank.

Might confuse people, no? They might think it's Warmaster (the system).

Pls gib AdMech.

>warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warmaster

There's a bunch.

What are you confused about?

AoS has a better ruleset than 40k. It's also a more balanced game. There is not one bad/weak army.

newer Necron player here, All I have is the Start Collecting + 10 warriors +10 Immortals and three Tomb Blades.
I figured I should start with the Reclamation Legion. Any suggestions though?
What was your list for your game?
What kind of game where you playing?

Nice shilling
Just stick to your threads aos fanboi

>he doesn't know about the general's handbook

AoS still isn't that great but with the newest changes to it it's better than 40k. But that isn't a huge deal since 40k is literally the worst balanced and designed wargame on the market at the moment.

Yep, this.

>Any suggestions though?

Just, like, play what you want. Thats all I have been doing. I would say the Ghost Arks are great at higher points when you don't feel their points cost as much.

>What was your list for your game?

My stuffs still in my car so I don't have my list on hand but I brought:

Anrakyr the Traveller and Illuminor Szeras as my HQs in a unit of 10 Gauss Immortals riding a Night Scythe.
For troops I brought 3 units of 10 warriors in Ghost Arks. And I will never assemble another Ghost Ark for as long as I live. At lower points I only use one and footslog a unit of 20 with a solar staff+rez orb HQ.
I use a Heat Ray Triarch stalker because I am so damned infantry heavy.
Lastly I have a unit of 5 Ignore Cover Tombblades though I can't decide what weapons to use on them. I have been using Tesla but I know Gauss is probably better and the particle beamer is good too (or so I am told whenever I field Tesla).

>What kind of game where you playing?

>you really think someone would do that? Just go on an imageboard and try to start shit?
report and ignore friendos
the game is about fun