/cyoa/ - "Choose Your Own Adventure" General

Last Thread: >pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gXzMD065HEk
youtu.be/L6JH0EfTIKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tiny OC. Please point out any typos if you see them. Thanks!

>tfw all of your IRL stats are 2 at best

Considering adding a "caretakers" page. Not sure yet.

Is "effeminate" girl or trap? It's written kind of ambiguously

>teasing
I merely insinuated that my territory was my own. Ah, whatever.

>CURSE: Extra Tiny
So, among the insects, then? Fine.

>Giant Strength (21)
HAHAHAHAHA! FEAR MY DISPROPORTIONATE WRATH!
>Notice Me (18)
DO NOT SQUISH ME, PEASANT!
>Nimble (16)
You cannot even catch me!
>Escape (12)
You cannot hold me!
>Regen (8)
You cannot kill me!
>Squishy (5)
You cannot even crush me!
>Vitamin C (0)
YOU CANNOT EVEN POISON ME!

Ha! Ha! Fools! It is I who have gained the better of this-

Huh? What was I talking about? My head hurts.

Girl. "The curse is strong enough to even turn the most masculine man into a dainty little girl."

You are indeed capable to defeating even the mightiest of insects.

>Justice League versus Growthulu
Yes.

Any comments on either build?

Oooh, this one was nice and refreshing--just what the doctor ordered. One thing I was unsure of that would significantly change my approach, though. How...extensive are the fairy/nonhuman communities? Are we talking Borrowers where I might see one or two others in my whole life? Or full kingdoms/dimensions with cities and the like?

She could take you to a fairy kingdom if you want

Oh, & thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Some adventures (in exchange for more points, or even just for the thrill of it) would be cool. Or companions, rivals, equipment...Hell, I feel like the premise is strong enough for 2-3 more pages of stuff.

What should the rules be for determining a stand's power? Should i go on the superpower wiki and roll a random one?

Sure, if you like, but I prefer to link a stand to the character in such a way that makes sense. Or rolling random wikipedia articles, that works too.

did you see this one, too?

Aye, I got it.

>Background
Enkidu the God-Shaped Clay
Male(?)
First Civilization; King's Companion [The Now; Watcher]

>Skills
Low-Tech Understanding
Master Ethereal Manipulation
Martial Training
Woodsman
Adokori
Beast Master
Unarmed Combatant
Elementalist (Earth)

>Items
-Clothing
Nemean Lion Hide

-Weapons
Yuta Brace
Cestus
Glepnir Chain [Enchantments: Extendable Length, Mental Control, Anti-Divinity]

-Knick-knacks
Pegs
Basic Survival Kit
Basic Bag
Weather Maker
Token of the Dawn
Noble Beast Greater [Great Bull]
Healing-Chip
Biological Mobile RST Unit

>Little Things...
Marked
My Best Friend
Knee-Breaker

>Faction
The Lonesome Road

>Covenant
None

>Companions
Isalia Phouskas
Mextizia Ursa
Croatmor
Sho Viot
Glig-Irmuns

>Home District
Yucatan - Don't touch the Plants please

>Hubworld
Semlaga-A1 - The Primeval World

>PANIC
None

>PATH
A Champion in the Flesh

Enkidu is a strange being, supposedly molded from clay by the ancient Mesopotamian gods, he lived as a beast until a week-long lovemaking session with Shamhat granted him the beginnings of humanity. Sent to kill Gilgamesh, he instead befriended him and the two would go on many grand adventures together. Their friendship continued into the Travelers, at least until Gilgamesh disappeared. Yet Gilgamesh has returned, but something is different.

Enkidu prefers the company of animals to all other humans, bar Gilgamesh, and he enjoys being out in nature more than the hectic rush of the various cities and towns the Travelers claim. While he prefers to avoid combat, he is ruthless once engaged and fights with a combination of his bare hands, his personalized Glepnir Chain, and shapeshifting into various forms and using his body's 'clay' as a weapon. While he claims his Chain has a charm of anti-divinity, people question if such a thing exists, and instead subscribe to the notion it is anti-ethereal, since many if not all god-like entities encountered are fairly ethereal in nature.

Yeah, I'm definitely considering adding more content.

Highlander, if I make a character with another CYOA but make a companion card for Traveller with it, would you accept that character?

I'd consider it.

Now that is neat.

My attempt at Enkidu. The skills are fairly self-explanatory. I had to get 'creative' with the Glepnir Chain as a weapon, but I think it ultimately fits as a stand in for the chain they bound Gugalanna with. Biological Mobile RST to replicate his shapeshifting ability. Companions/Hub/Home all relate to his preference for nature.

The various Drawbacks relate to the logical outcome of his chosen Path.

I didn't give him any more weapons since he wrestled Gilgamesh to a draw, so his hand-to-hand combat should be pretty great.

Don't really like this one all that much. Feels like there aren't enough points to really let you survive well in your new life as a mini being and the major ones are way too expensive. So PASS.

Damn, you beat me to it. I'm working on a tiny CYOA
Well, I guess it's fine, my tiny cyoa is going to be lewd giantess stuff. with more fetish elements. I might not even be able to post it here when I'm done...

You should be fine to.

I guess I'm going with
Effeminate,
Nimble, 2
Fairy, 12
Talent, 3
Many Mini, 8

I guess I'm going to try and be a mage, and also find the fairies that cursed me and ask them kindly to remove the curse. I mean I'd probably still be a fairy afterwards, but that's fine.

The more, the merrier.

>DESC/WORB/WAIF/VISD
1, o, o, o

>GENRE
Other/Unique

>TEMPLATE
High Power, Metagaming, High Power, Experimental System, Become the Little Girl.

>MODS
Build Variety, High Options, Pain

>JUDGES
HIV -10, ADV 3, WAIFU tl;dr, CASUAL 0, SORC 10, ENGI 30, LEWD 5
Total = 38

>AUTISM?
Nah.

>REPOSTABILITY
(0VISD - 3) + 1META + 1HIGHOPT = -1

>AUTISM V2?
Nah.

>SCORE
Shits Given : 0
Reposts : -1
(You)s: 38/6

>Amartenth
>Female
>FGL Conflict; Runaway Super soldier
>Low-tech understanding
>Super Human Body
>Lucky
>martial Training
>Meansonofabitch

>mid-tech understanding
>natural beauty
>superhuman body

>traveler leathers (upgrade 1) 200
>Physical Enhancement Suit 700
>yuta brace (upgrade 1) 900
>Contained Plasma Saber 1400
>Plasma Saber Size Enhancement 1500
>pegs
>survival kit
>id card
>basic bag
>internal sustenance sustenance module 1700
>Organ Replacement (Brain back-up} 1750
>Monster Containment Orb 2250
>Healing Chip 2500
>Wingsuit 2600
>whaleskin marks 2700
>Forever Alone [500 Credits for the cost of 1 Companion] Meansonofabitch 2200
>addict (some futuristic future drug) 2000

>The Void Hunters
>Free Items: Small Spiritual Vestment, Partizan. Free Trait: Adokori
>The Dark Lurkers
>The Order of Shine

>Shafauri Telshiva, 512, Fighter, Immortal Warrior
>Captain Grahm, 453, Void Hunter, Explorer of the Deep Dark
>Janine Yamamato, 170, Ethereal, Awol Magical Girl
>'Mithra', 17, Independent, One Who Lights the World Aflame

>The Sky city of Anmanga – Best of Everything, for those who earn it
>Terra D9313 – Land of the Comatose Gods
>The Raider

It's cool to think about such a ancient legendary character continuing their adventures all the way through today and into the far future, and how they'd change, and what they'd do with the new technology and worlds.

Being a escaped supersoldier, I have to stay ahead of my owners all the time. And I'm not good for much except supersoldiering. I have Adokori and can see behind the veil enough to know of the threats to the multiverse. I don't know much about the deeper workings of those threats and lack a deep understanding of the ethereal realms, but I've seen enough to be able to look beyond the petty squabbles of small worlds, and even among groups of travelers.

I join the Void Hunters and dedicate my time to seeking out the horrors of the multiverse and doing what I can to contain them. Through The Order of Shine, I have a network of support. And I never hesitate to accept a dangerous mission or to help out others seeking to stand against the twisted dark forces of the netherworlds.

Along with strong physical capabilities and a devastating weapon, I rely on magical scarring and containment orbs to protect myself. If in need, I have a back up brain in storage that can be put in a new body. And I have the Raider friend as a back-up. I can be his back-up to should he ever need support.
I think I have good companions for this sort of work. My first quest is to investigate the mysterious world of sleeping Gods.

Don't worry, he's already got you marked down.

For those who care, an announcement:
Firstly, the next project I'm working on will be finishing Cryogenic Cyborg. It will then be followed by the Summer Vacation wars. These will be the last pieces I'm making in what I call "Wave 1". I'll announce what comes after that once I've got those done and once I've gotten what comes next laid out.

Secondly, I'm officially abandoning "Accompanying the Authors", the authorfu CYOA I was working on. Honestly, in the end it felt like I was going to be stepping on too many toes and worrying about trying to please too many people. I stopped enjoying it and it started ramping my anxiety up to where it was starting to cause me some minor issues. I do this for fun, not for a living, so I'm not putting up with things that cause me difficulties.

Lastly, have a wonderful night. You deserve it.

thanks mister spaceman

couldn't you get more credits for your character description? I seem to remember that was one of the Little Things.

Did you add the pokeball just because you had nothing else to buy?

I don't understand why that would cause you anxiety, but I don't mind because I would prefer to have cryogenic cyborg anyway.

>Honestly, in the end it felt like I was going to be stepping on too many toes and worrying about trying to please too many people.
Don't be a pussy

It's mostly because I've got an abnormal brain.

I can't promise a timetable for Cryogenic Cyborg yet. I've got a presentation and a 10 page paper due by a week from tomorrow. So, until those are done, I'm a little strapped for time.

I wonder how the builds are going to be used...

>couldn't you get more credits for your character description?

I'm not seeing that, but there's so many! Maybe I missed it. I took the monster containment ball because I thought it'd be a good thing to have since hunting eldritch abominations is what I do.

Okay my first non-meme cyoa, sorry for choppy quality I fucking hate Photoshop cs2

page 2 tell me what you think :^)

Once i get out of Photoshop cs2 I will make some waifu/comfy shit

>OCTOPUS
I even get to keep most of my intellectual capacity, at the expense of having any bones anywhere in my body.

>TOXIN RESISTAT
>PROTECTED RESERVE
>SKEPTIC

>SUN FISH

And together we shall have the comfiest marine lives.

cntrl-f Destined for greater things

Octopus
camouflage, with these upgrades, protected reserve

I'm not even going to try to read the companion section. That black-text-on-dark-background.

Yeah sorry about that, I tried to make it work but it just kinda became a pixel clusterfuck, ill fix it once I learn how to use this shitty fucking Photoshop cs2

Then, let's put it this way: Fuck people for expecting me to make anything except what I want to make. I'm making what I feel like.

>Thresher Shark
>Pressure Resistant
>Skeptic
>With These Upgrades
>Sting Ray
>Mantis Shrimp

The companions kind of get a bit difficult to read. Could use a bit of brighter text there. Otherwise, pretty good shit.

Thanks you are cool dude :^)

I friggen love sharks, so it's great to see a CYOA which has some shark stuff in it.

Aah, spacefuture user, I was just thinking about you. Because today I looked at your archive of CYOAs, and in the CYOA author CYOA post in this thread you weren't there.

I was in the thread when you talked about and made the first CYOA of yours (if I'm not mistaken), the Angelic Inherithance.

I remember thinking it had a very nice desing, and the ideas weren't bad, but it was far too simple to be enjoyable. I didn't pay much attention afterwards.

BUT, the fleshweavers CYOA for me was a master piece. So was the Entrusted by a Goddess. Both in writting, design, and in the case of fleshweavers I would say even some aspects of originality. And both are so different in styles. For some moment I thought you were just SDA that changed the nick...because both start with space and end with user...

But seeing you were the same user that not long time ago made the Angelic Inheritance, I must say that I'm astonished by how much you progressed in so short time.

I came to congratulate you in such good works, talent and a rate of improvment so fast.

And thank you for the CYOAs themselfs, of course.

Dark Souls Boss CYOA finished! i'm not sure how I feel about the weapons system as of yet, so if you have any complaints, feel free to tell me.

is there any advantage to being an Imp, or is it just an expensive way to buy flight?

Hey boss, about that Fem!Gilgamesh I made earlier: does her existence clash with the Gilgamesh in the chain?

No actually. In fact I might just add a dopey Ishtar just to flush out the storyline.

My only complaint is the lack of a rapier type weapon.

>Isolation
>Divine
Traits
>Miracles(free)
>Agile
>Expert Swordsman
Weapon
>Mageslayer's Blade.

Shit forgot a third trait
>Flight

>ISOLATION
I just want to play.

>DIVINE
So many people used to play with me, but they're all gone now.

>SORCEROUS APTITUDE (Sorcery), UNDYING, UNNATURAL ANATOMY, SORCEROUS APTITUDE (Miracles)
And now I'm lying here. Cracked. Hurt. Lonely.

>KNIVES OF THE CROW
But now you're here! I can fix you up and sew you back together, and then we can play forever!

>Destined for greater things

Thanks! I'll include that next update!

I notice you do a lot of Q&A regarding abilities and items. Have you considering compiling all this information and adding it to cyoa?

I'm fucking digging this, although it's too late for me to think of a build. I'll get back to this tomorrow, I suppose.

No criticism. Shit's good, although it was posted pretty late, or at least over here. The only complaint I have for these things, stuff I like that is, is that there isn't more of it. Great job my man.

>adding one angelanons shitty OCs to Traveler
For the love of god, no

Is the renegade traveller Reotri want's to catch Duwall?

No problem, the shit is good.

Now FUCKING get to work on the expansions I now desire. NOW.

>Tragedy
>Demon
>Elemental Affinity [Fire], Giant, Expert Swordsman, Rage
>Ocean Hammer

>I am the last of the Demons, the light inside me slowly dwindling away. There's no doubt that my days are numbered.

>But I will not go silently: my rage and sorrow burn brighter than even the strongest flame, and I will claim a nation of corpses before I fall.

I like it. Maybe adding something for fire users.

>Experimentation
[Trying to obtain power to solve the mess the world was in, or at least understand it better]
>Divine
[Because when even a divine being is messing with experimentation beyond what he understand or should deal with it's because it's serious stuff]
>Sorcerous Aptitude (Sorcery) (Free)
>Flight
>Agile
>Undying
>Crude Staff

Attacking enemies while flying with magic, being immune to magic attacks, and with agility to dodge most of the normal projectiles throw at me. Also, reviving if I die.

I wonder. But I don't think so, my guess is that it's one of Reotri's first teammates or a close friend. And this chain will potentially help steel her resolve or become more merciful.

Lemme try another one, too.

>Origin: Experimentation
When there were still green places in the world, real green and growing places, I tried to save them. I failed. I'd grown to love the little things, you see, the oddities the end of my kind's rule had wrought. They were... what was the word? Cute.

>Form: Draconic
I am older than even the burnt stumps now. So old. I have grown so old. In my day, we never knew the pains of age. Your gods only spared me because I was a coward.

>Traits: Flight(free), Breath Weapon, Agile, Horde
I took the last of these creatures under my care. The last children of the green woods. I tried to save them, but they are as empty as the undead now.

>Weapon: None (gain Sorcerous Aptitude/Miracles!)
Please. I know that for what I have wrought, and the way I failed my own kind, the sentence is death. But please, do me a favor. Let me die on my feet. At least that way, I can pretend to be brave, one last time.

That may be true, but if it does turn out to be Duwall, then it turns out everything people thought happened to him was wrong, and he left of his own accord. Also it would explain why she is so freaked out.

> Inherent.
FOR WHAT COULD BE MORE EVIL THAN THIS MONSTER!?
> Abomination.
None have seen the likes of ME.
> Unnatural Anatomy.
I AM HISTORY BOOKS, NOT BIOLOGY?
> Rage.
THERE IS NO GREATER FURY THAN THAT OF A PISSED OFF BOOK.
> Agile.
Nigga, books be fuckin' ninjas n' shit.
> Giant.
KNOWLEDGE IS BIG.
> None.
I AM THE WEAPON.

THE WORLD IS FOR BURN

youtu.be/gXzMD065HEk

FUCK PLANET.

Boss 1
Origin: Torture
Form: Undead

Traits:
[Free]Undying
Horde: Skeleton Wheels
Twin Souls

Boss 2
Origin: Torture
Form: Undead

Traits:
[Free]Undying
Horde: Skeleton Wheels

[Rattle Intensifies]

>the world is for burn
Dark Souls in five words.

what

>Another size CYOA by Beri

NICE

I'm tempted to go Effeminate, but not being able to pick giant strength is too much of a drawback, and extra tiny isn't awful, but it's a little bit too big for my liking (which is ironic considering one of the girls I choose in the colossals CYOA is Noirma, but I guess in that situation I have another less giant girl), so I guess I'm going with Shrinking Violet. It's honestly one of the best ones too since no animals will try to eat me or anything. Does the kissing thing work on cameras? And will they really not notice me if I start moving things in front of them?

Anyway, here are my choices:
Giant strength (21)
Nimble (19)
Iron Grip (16)
Regen (12)
Squishy (9)
Tiny Tools (4)
Reproductive (0)

My build basically makes me mini Spider-man. All I'm missing is actual web shooters. Was originally going to take Flutter, but being Spider-man is way cooler.

Does reproductive also make me more... pleasurable to women? I mean, I'm basically going cave exploring at this point.

>Crystal shell
"I did say "indestructible", BIT it does have a limit"

Would definitely like to see a page of caretakers. And maybe an equipment page so I can actually get some sort of grapple gun to actually be Spider-man.

Do it. I love size CYOAs.

Possibly, but I've left them open so as not to restrict the traits. I'm going to be adding some more lore on certain traits for sure though.

No, though both share history with the individual.

LIBRARION: LORD OF FORSAKEN SHELVES

NONE ARE FOR LIVE

ALL TO DIE?

DUST MOTHERFUCKER

CARRIED ON WINDS INVISIBLE

LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK

>Octopus

>Size modification
>Protected Reserve
>Temperature Resistant

>Tragedy

>Undead

>Traits
-Undying (Free)
-Expert Swordsman
-Dual Wielding
-Agile

>Knives of the Crow

"Come hither, dear child of ash. Let me embrace you. Let me grant you rest from this endless cycle of death.

I don't know if these short summaries would qualify for that.

>Skeleton wheel bosses spamming skeleton wheels

user you absolute fucking monster

while looking this up:

Expect a visit from the Reotri and other members of the Judiciary ->from Reotri
to follow the rules instituted by the Judiciaries input -> not sure
doing away the concepts of conscription -> doing away with
The war was one -> won
we fear they are massing in number -> massive? If you actually mean they're massing, maybe drop the 'in number,' since that would be implied.
she strait up refused -> straight
Acord of Duwal and Yog-Sothoth -> accord

> Long ago a sorcerer dicided to write down all the shitty fanfiction he could find in a single collection of tomes.
> Years later his tower burnt, and all his work was buried.
> Eventually the field became the sight of many battles.
> The souls of those who died seeped into the soil, and coalesced into the books.
> Mad thanks to their contents, they now travel the world seeking small children and the elderly to scream at.

I guess this is as close to Priscilla as I can make, though I went with Divine rather than Draconic due to Priscilla never flying, and her invisibility seems like it fits in the Sorcerous Aptitude. I guess I'm also a faster version that may be more like if Priscilla used her dagger than her Scythe, though I can't find any fanart of her using the dagger.

Inherent
Divine
Sorcerous Aptitude, Sorcery I guess
Agile
Elemental Affinity, bleed
Breath Weapon
Knives of the crow

Highlander could you go into more detail about what Spiritual Transfusion is capable of? I want to know more about stuff like it's pros and cons.

>this world is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind

This actually becomes sad when you realize that the tower knight most likely ushered her into that room and begged her to stay when everyone started going hollow.

>Tragedy
>Human
Hail, traveler. What? Did you think we were gone?

> Expert Swordsman
This silly old thing? A memento, of others like yourself undying.

> Agile
I's always better to avoid trouble, you know?

> Rage
I will fall one day, but I will not go quietly!

> Elemental Affinity
Do you hear it? The winds 'owling sister? Oh, it screams.

> Mageslayer's Blade
Twisted enough to forget his bounty, it would seem.

To each day night.
To each flame shadow.
Balance must be restored.
So I can't let you do this.
It was- Nice. Our talks. So lets make this quick.

Sometimes I feel that this game may have broken us.

History:
> Experimentation

Form:
> Human

Traits:
> Expert Swordsman (Free)
> Agile
> Undying
> Transformation

Alt form:
> Demon

Alt traits:
> Elemental Affinity (Fire) (Free)
> Rage
> Flight
> Breath Weapon

Weapons:
> Crystal Greatsword

> I must protect.

>Type:
Octopus
>Research Points:
Pressure Resistant
Size Modification
Temperature Resistant
>Companions:
Stingray
Sheep Head Wrasse

>Notice humans checking out my big colorful ass
>Nudge Companions
>Watch this
>Go up to humans
>All playful and shit
>Get up, almost face to face with one
>Rip his mask off, spray my ink in his face
>LaughingMarineAnimals.png

> Do you remember the hollow merchant?
> Do you remember crestfallen?
> Do you remember Rhea?
> Do you remember the fucking New Londo blacksmith?
> Do you even fucking remember the smallest, most unassuming, NPCs that were there for you?

youtu.be/L6JH0EfTIKw

>Goblin Shark
>Temperature Resistant, Size Modification, Skeptic
>Mantis Shrimp

Giant scary shark that can live anywhere. Perfect life, man.

> ywn play DS1 blind for the first time again.

Lazy Uninformed Warlord King build is go!

>Inherent
Man, turns out it's real easy to take over if everyone's busy fighting over fire
>Human
Just some guy here.
>FREE: Expert Swordsman
>Horde
Not many people left, but if you make even the barest promise they'll follow you in whatever you do!
>Agile
git gud
>Rage
I'M MAD
>Crude Staff
It may not look like much, but it does a better job of beating down on the things that skulk behind every corner than my ol' battered sword did.

Things may be bad now, but times like these usually resolve themselves somehow. Best get what you can while the getting's good! When all this settles down, I, for one, will be sitting on top of the rubble.

Thanks man, this means a lot to me.

The first one I finished was indeed Angelic Inheritance. It's been quite a journey since then. Even though it's only been like a month and a half or so.

I'm really glad you've enjoyed the the CYOAs. Especially Fleshweavers and Entrusted. They're the direction I'm planning on going with my future CYOAs. Though hopefully with more polish and originality.

Thanks, dear user. I'm excited to show you what I've got planned in the future.

>inherit
>mutant
>unnatural anatomy
>sorcery (miracles)
>flight
>elemental affinity (dark)
>transformation
>weapon (none)
Abbys is love, Abbys if life

>"Tell me: ya ever 'eard 'bout the Rotting Knight?"

>Torture

>"'e was once a 'ero, y'know? Like one of 'em fairy tales mums tell their tykes to put 'em ta sleep."
>"But then the Skulls got to 'im. Oh, 'e tried to die a warrior's death, but they didn't give 'im a chance. Thought 'e'd make a grand new toy for their chambers."

>Human

>"Shore 'e looks 'uman enough, but you 'aven't seen 'im fightin'."

>Expert Swordsman, Dual Wielding, Extra Arms, Agile

>"Faster than 'e looks, and all 'em arms swingin' at ya'll do ya in good if yer too careless."
>"An' that's not the worst part, friend."

>Spear of Decay

>"The worst part is when that spear gets a cut on ya."
>"A real beaut, that spear. Capable of rotting a man inside out, and near impossible ta cure."

>"But I see tha look in yer eyes: it's that spark of defiance that 'e once had."
>"If'n I see ya again, and ya manage to kill 'im..."
>"Gimme 'is amulet. It's completely worthless: just a piece of bronze on a chain."
>"But 'e always told me it reminded him of home, and I wanna return it back ta where it belongs."

>"Well? Off ya go, then."

What is it with you and Giantesses?

>Female Gilgamesh
>Hippie Enkidu
>Dopey Ishtar

It's like the missing tablets from the Epic of Gilgamesh contained some really important information on their personalities.