This lands in your setting

Preloaded with all the known sapient species in your setting

How does it go?

The world's greatest prostitute is born.

That's hot as fuck.

It can change you into a human!
There's a pretty good chance that the human it changes you into looks and sounds nothing like the human you are by default, so I guess that could be helpful for disguises.

Would STDs persist through transformations?

OH BOY, HERE COME DRAGONS

Dragon-Emperor sends his scions to recover it, they do, he adds it to his hoard.

Done.

A bracelet that grants shape change?
We already have dozens of those.

>wh40k
Well it's probably considered heresy of some sort, no doubt being used by an or do xenos inquisitor

Yes, the character who wore it caught a cold once and it persisted through all his transformations, with weird effects.

Good luck killing me, while im a tarasque!!

The Transformations only last like 3 to 5 minutes.

10 minutes you cuck

It was never really consistent.

It lasts for however many minutes the plot demands.

Tarasques are nonsapient dumbass, you want a nematrix for that, but it's got side effects

Assume low level master control unlock, it lasts as long as you like, but if it's removed, you get mode locked

Pretty versitile in a pathfinder game

There are more than forty playable races in the game

Fucking hilarious and not broken at all, I tell ya it would be a fun addition

It's certainly a higher powered item in games like that, very high level no doubt, imaging having to fight a big bad with it

You gave me a great idea

The game I'm running is dungeons the dragoning 40k, characters start really powerful and even if high level characters are grossly overpowered they can still be beaten by lv1 chars

Oh my god, the forums have so many fucking race options!

I'm too lazy to homebrew a setting, but I do have two games I'm running/planning to run
>nWoD
Everything is an offshoot of humanity already, so not sure if it works on shit like werewolves, vampires etc.
If it does watch everyone lose their shit and try to steal it for analysis/destruction/being able to become human again for ten minutes

>Star Wars, shortly after Hoth
The ultimate disguise. Smuggle a Wookiee into a slave camp in human form and pass him off as an Imperial officer until he can stage a breakout, unauthorised treasure hunting in Hutt space disguised as one of them, etc
and I go insane trying to keep track of species templates

As of the new continuity the gemosians need a serious repopulation, and would probably make good allies against the empire

>new continuity
Nucanon is fucking AIDS, I ignore it out of hand when I run. Give me Kyle Katarn or give me death (of the franchise)

Just tossing out a plot hook, I like to patchwork a best of head canon myself

At long last, I can be the delicious blueberry.

Not sure what you are trying to imply or...

Don't get me wrong, I mix and match myself. It's just essentially everything Disney has done has gone in the "I don't care" or "Fuck this with a rake" boxes for me. Except for the swolehutt. Swole Hutts are best Hutts.

The forums where they keep brewing more options for DTD

I'm giving the movies themselves a chance, all the tie in stuff needs to just let what was already established stand

Well given the Tim line established by the clone wars, it at least implit's that sev was rescued, point there

I went to see TFA for free and still felt ripped off. Fuck it.

That's cool. Although The Clone Wars as a whole falls into the "don't care" camp for me.
Which may be awkward since I have an idea for a Force and Destiny/Age of Rebellion campaign set in that timeframe

Oh, so you outright hate it, it seems we have a stronger difference of opinion then I thought, sorry

I know it, posted a couple of times and tried to make a serious addition, but perhaps they are too centered in making unbalanced shit and the small circlejerking usual of forums

Not a bad source though

Yeah, I like some of the ideasthough, check the ones that were shouted down by the main circle jerk why not?

I just want people to remember that you dont get turned into just any version of a specific alien. You get turned into a genetically superior version of what it is. The DNA for the omnitrix was taken only from the most genetically perfect representation of a race that its creator could find.

I'm still mad that the motherfuckers didn't listen to me when I insisted that the time-mage based exaltation had a broken power based on doctor Who when the fucking doctor who doesn't have any time-related powers

so each one is like the Charles Atlas of their kind? neat, so if for example I turned into an Ork, would that turn me into the Beast?

Not sure but it would turn you into a "near perfect" example of the race. That is why in the later series alien chicks wanted bens dick so much while in alien form. He is turning into the perfect "mate" for them.

so either the beast or a Krork.... interesting, dumb side questions, is their any genetic difference between the Craftworld, Dark, Exodite eldar and Harlequins? do Astartes count as a species? Does Upgrade mean any machine race is on the table?

>WH40K

The Despoiler looked upon the fleets that opposed him and laughed. He watched them break before the might of Chaos Undivided.

The Despoiler looked upon the worlds of the Cadian Sector and laughed. Finally, he could put them all to the torch, watch them burn in unholy fire.

At long last, the Despoiler looked upon Cadia Prime. This...this he would destroy himself.

The Despoiler's forces landed with little resistance. No longer would the Cadians hold the line.

As Cadia's cities burned, as her people died, a whisper of unease disturbed the Despoiler.

Where was the trickster?

Where was Creed?

Even this was soon quashed as he saw his enemy upon the open field, the last of Creed's forces massed to defy him one more time.

However, something had changed. At his right hand was Jarran Kell. At his left was someone else.

Nevertheless, nothing could deny the Despoiler now. With a cry filled with Chaos itself, he called his forces to charge.

The Black Legion fell upon the last Cadians like a warpstorm, caving their ranks with merciless ease.

Then, at long last, Abaddon came face to face with Creed.

The Despoiler expected him to grovel, or snarl, or weep.

Instead, the Trickster laughed. Jarran Kell laughed. The other man laughed.

In a fit of rage, Abaddon threw himself at the Trickster, the Talon of Horus flashed.

A flash of green and a flood of red bathed the field.

The Despoiler looked down to see a wicked blade buried in his chest, his own tainted blood bathing the battlefield.

The Despoiler looked up to see a wicked grin upon an alien face of a creature so massive it crouched to look him in the eye.

A cigar the size of a man's arm rested between its bared teeth.

The Despoiler did not need to look back when he heard a rumble of thunder behind him, already sure of what he would see.

The Trickster casually stepped onto the shoulders of the Swarmlord, and the Despoiler let loose a soul-splitting cry one last time.

CREEEEEEEED!

My god, every tyranids biomorph is a species unto itself, it's lucky that it's limited to those capable of sapient thought, tyranta, zoanthropes, the like, but theyd have to go claws only as their weapons are seperate organisms

>NoManShouldHaveThatMuchPower.jpeg

Funniest part is, it's not even beyond the scope of the setting. 'Genomancy' is a thing and is my usual handwave for multiple races and various fantastic beasts. The other hand wave is 'Taint of Humbaba' which is what creates legit monsters of the setting (think like a cross between The Blight in Dragon Age with the more extreme changes of The Filth from The Secret World)

It's also why dwarves are short humans with an extra-thumb and not the magma/rock/gem crustaceans they used to be.

I was under the impression that the way the fancy bracelet works is that it scans an organism and lets the user temporarily transform into whatever scans are recorded. Since I've never seen a Swarmlord without his (her? its?) boneswords, I kind of assumed they'd be part of the package.

Well it can reorganize clothing and recreation cybernetic implants for species that need them to live, so you may be onto something

How many tyranid breeds hold the capacity of sapience?

Not only is it an artifact presumedely made with technology beyond comprehension, it is an extremely useful artifact. The price one could get for an item like this would be measured in star systems. Wars might be fought over it.

What mental effects does shapeshifting give you?

>mass effect
Not as broken as other settings but pretty damn handy

You retain your personality but your brain structure does match the species, leading to each form having its own quirks, for example a race with greater natural intellect will affect that, similarly a race known for boughts of rage will grant that fury to you etc.

it might be useful diplomatically, depending on how extreme that effect is, it could help get into the mindset of something that you are not.

What does it define as sapient? Would it work on dolphins?

Unknown on dolphins, but apprently these count, so likely, when subjected to accelerated evolution the omnitrix specimen displayed the capacity for speech

What would happen if it ended up in Blindsight

Well that universe operates on a very different logic, not one conducive to the omnitrix being made, let alone having any species archived into it aside from maybe human and vampire.

Been trying to run a setting in known space, could be pretty impressive

From what I've read, the Swarmlord is either a persistent being the Hive Mind brings in when it can't get shit done or a breed of Hive Tyrant with a challenge rating level of "Fuck you". I personally like to think he's a sort of general that the Hive Mind keeps (sort of) independent in case it needs something that can move independently from the gestalt. Thinking of him as just another Hive Tyrant just seems kind of lame.

>accelerated evolution
U fukin wot m8

The Swarmlord is probably the oldest being in 40k

The Swarmlord is a sort of persistent ego the Hivemind can spawn seperate form itself? Neat!

Yeah, I may be butchering the fluff (casual fan here), but it seems like the Swarmlord is the game-changer the Hive mind sends out when its usual tricks don't work. That would imply it's fundamentally different than other Tyranids, and what's more standard among the Tyranids than being entirely reliant upon the Hive Mind?

so going the lovecraft rout, its like the hivemind's Nyarlathotep?

More or less. Say what you want about Papa Smurf, but I think the Swarmlord outclassing him so heavily implies this thing is smarter than your average bug. Plus, since this thing seems to remember everything that's managed to kill it (a trait I've yet to see in another Tyranid), it certainly implies this thing has a special corner of the Hive Mind all to itself.

Also, rule of cool.

we need more works to bill the nids as a proper cosmic horror instead of just a swarm of jobber bugs

You know, I might actually try to write something from the perspective of the Swarmlord. Not like , obviously, but maybe when it's bending over a world in a more canon manner.

I like to imagine that the hive mind itself doesn't even perceive itself as killing, mearly grazing

Well, if you're a gestalt consciousness that literally spans galaxies, could you even consider a single, solitary mind worth considering?

>Hellsing.
I don't even know what this means. Does the magic science watch take actual magic into consideration with transformations? Because last I checked vampires were powered by hell magic.

I don't think you'd really comprehend the concept of a singular mind, and if you could you'd probably see it as meaningless

>it might be useful diplomatically, depending on how extreme that effect is, it could help get into the mindset of something that you are not.

That's why it was created in the first place. It was just massively overdesigned.

Makes you wonder why they don't settle for good old charades vs. making a weapon of mass destruction you can fit on one arm.

Also the creator is a dick. A fantastic dickhead though.

>"Don't you want to unlock the secrets on your own, like a TRUE hero?"
>"hmm, not really."
>"Haha, I like this kid" *slams door in his face*

Because it can't get funding unless it has a military application.

it was also designed as a genetic ark of sorts, to potentially restore any species from extinction, also a later version given the dumb name of "Ultimatrix" was a true weaponization of it, using a an acceperated evolution feature to make the forms bigger and tougher, some were creative, others dull pallet swaps, then things got dumb, it was eventually replaced with a second Omnitrix that was.... slightly more reliable but had so many aliens unlocked at once that selection on the fly was a nightmare

How deep does this shit go? I don't remember any of this from the original or from Alien Force/whatever came after Alien Force.

the oldest living being certainly, according to word of god from the codex he's been a thing for as long as the tyranids have and has oversaw the consumption of six galaxies before this one

dudes probably more experienced a primarch when it comes to commanding an army, its no wonder it outplayed calgar so hard

That was a cool as fuck episode.

Old Ben ten was the shit. Problem is I don't watch kids cartoons anymore. But I was a big fan when I was younger

the Genetic ark was brought up towards the end of the Highbreed arc, he ends up using its archived DNA to cure the Highbreed's sterility by hybridizing them with a bit of everything on a subtle level, forcing them to reconsider their out looks, the Ultimatrix was introduced at the transition to ultimate Alien, invented by Azmuth[the maker]'s former student, Albedo, it was the cornerstone of the series gimmick but the writers thought better of it and swapped it out for a new Omnitrix for the transition to Omniverse, Which introduced a Hunter character who managed to obtain a "Nemetrix" designed to turn into the natural predators of various Omnitrix aliens, as these were mostly nonsapient it had to be equipped to a well trained hunting dog

I'm a big buff of the show and as much as I want to answer I really can't find one for you. That's a tough question.

SPACE MARINES are evolved humans. A

Even more confusing is a krork is a different evolved variation of an ork.
The beast was actually genetically altering orks into something beyond what they were intended for, for example: there were ork diplomats and ork scholars. Krorks...idk much about krorks.

The omnimatrix uses whatever alien that was sampled during its creation. So you have to personally decide when it was made.

OH it was conceived by the old ones so the user would definitely turn into krorks, eldar are ancient, and you could even turn into an organic necryd if you wanted to be creative.
And this makes it valanced since humans were basically invisible. So you have access to ancient species from 10 million years ago.

Or maybe it was the last old one that made it over that span of time. Lots of potential in a w40k setting

In a magic setting consider the device to be magic made by an angel.

But hellsing doesn't really work like that.

It would work Better if you were in vampire masquerade so that you could turn into a different clan.

This picture has got me thinking. SM are pretty damn durable. Redundant organs, all biological processes enhances well beyond a human norm. They are pretty robust.

So how long would a decapitated SM head last? Minutes? An hour? Longer? Heresy aside, could the admech salvage a decapitated SM head at like the 30 minute mark and make it into anything more then a servitor?

The more complex a system the more requirements it has.

Yes SM's are durable, but they need their body. Things need to be more simple.

Like, a chicken's body has been known to keep walking and eating for days without a head. Consider a worm being cut in half and becoming two new worms.

But andmech is fucking nuts so they probably could do some space magic for shits and giggles

in thew world Engine the Last Astral Claw on the planet was a librarian who needed to ensure his brain lasted long enough to have the information he saved would be learned through Autosience, its ambigious how much of his body remained but his brain was intact for at least a few weeks I think

The most important factor for head survival is keeping the brain oxygenated. A human brain can survive for mere minutes once that stops happening, and permanent damage can occur immediately.

Between stuff like enhanced oxygen retention in their blood, and cells that do not suffer from necrosis nearly so fast (Both of which are things I am sure SM have because WANK) I bet the head would remain viable for quite a long time.

Oh man really? Body horror like that makes me squick but I can't stop reading about it.
Spoiler for blog
Reminds me of a book I read years ago. About a society where you children could be 'aborted' via completely body organ donation all the way up to their teens or something. Except to get around the whole murdering a person issue the person was kept alive as doctors dissembled them for various bits like arms, liver, stomach lungs ect. One chapter in the book had it from the perspective of a person undergoing such a thing. Their blood gets replaced with a high oxygen anesthetic but the character is still awake while it happens, just paralyzed. So it goes in to details like how he can feel the tug of his intestines as they are removes and the sound of his skin as the scalpel parts it. Fuck me it's disturbing and I loved it. Wish I could remember the name.

Well yes it would work better in that setting, but not this setting.

First dude who picks it up chooses the form of the lost race of Prime Elves, then wanders off to solo all the gods and demigods by himself because there's nothing else left in the modern era of the setting as retardedly OP as those dudes.

Okay, he probably wouldn't succeed, but he'd kill most of them before whoever remained banded together to retaliate.

>Ravnica
I'll have to beat the Simic off with a god damn tree.

>Litterally Bloodborne
Uh. I don't think I can effectively describe how overpowered it is. Even if you go mad.
I mean you can littreally turn into not-Azatoth with this thing

In one of my settings, there's a Dragon God.

Ain't nobody fucking with the Dragon God.

Veeky Forums never fails to disappoint

Ultimate Alien introduced the Ultimate Omnimatrix, or Ultimatrix for short.

One of the bad guys who was the same species as the creator of the Omnitrix (and actually his student) developed it by altering the basic Omnitrix design. Apparently, it ran a simulation for a species wide civil war that lasts a million years, then uses that evolved form. So yes, it explicitly becomes a weapon rather than just a powerful device that's used as a weapon.

Ben uses it after the original broke and the bad guy who created it was defeated.

The original series holds up pretty well.
Alien Force is eh, muh edgy anime style.
Ultimate Alien is really bad, just read a synopsis or something.
Omniverse combines the best parts of the series, but the art style may be hard to swallow.

Don't even bother with the new one, it's so awfully bad you'll be begging for suicide after five minutes.

Don't forget that Albedo remade his Ultimatrix and actually had unique designs rather than just red eyes like in UA.

Then you bring in all the Alternate Bens like 23, Mad Ben, Ben 10,000, Gwen 10, and the zombie one.

I was focusing primarily on device functionality for the sake of thread topic, but yeah Omniverse did a great job of utilizing the concept again, especially as it kept the hero an underdog without access to the upgrade this time

>Spelljammer
Sheet man, this is going to get nuts