Warhammer 40,000 general

People baiting for (you)s as usual edition.

>Freshest Rules:
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for I hope cities of death get updated with the new book this weekend and not just reprinted.

First for Magnus did nothing wrong

Wanted to get my fellow Admech players opinions on this list, tell me what you think.

1250 points

Cohort Cybernetica

Dominus 105 + 30 Autocaduceus

290 Kastellan Robot Maniple
290 Kastellan Robot Maniple

Skitarii Maniple

100 Skitarii Vangaurd
100 Skitarii Vangaurd

90 dunecrawler +35 Icarus
90dunecrawler +15 Tl Hvy phosphor
90dunecrawler +15 Tl Hvy phosphor

It's just meant for fun really. Most of the guys at my local shop only play 1250 point games and i wanted to try out the Cohort Cybernetica so i threw this list together. Thoughts?

If the preorder White Dwarf advert is right, it's a combination of Planetstrike and Cities of Death into a new book with 7th edition rules and shit.

>just finished most of my first raider
>the number of moving parts pleases my spectrum

Grats.

I wish I could make models, health makes it impossible. Shakey shakey, hands are freezing so can't hold shit anyway. I've managed maybe 40 models in 5 years.

You're a failure, just like your primarch

They should be two handed and be done with it, that way they don't get extra attacks and aree still viable, being degraded to PD lite is just not worthy.

Dont hate me senpai, I don't even play chaos niggers I only play Tau

You forget that many models in this game dont have access to fist but have to use p.weapons instead.

Posting this here to continue discussion.

You now realise the Malcador Defender is based on the Israeli Nagmachon.

Wha-

That's even worse, you double baka!

Just say they're power swords. It's not your fault all power weapons were identical in 5E.

But the small autistic child in my head won't stop complaining that I'm not WYSIWYG.

You think that's bad? BA's Sanguinary Guard have Glaive Encarmines. Either Swords or Axes. Sword? It's a AP3 2H Master-Crafted weapon. Woo. Axes? +1S AP2 2H Master-Crafted... UNWIELDY. So all those +Ini bonuses? LOL.

How is a Master Crafted weapon so masterfully crafted that it's completely off balance for the wielder? Doesn't make sense.

Then house rule the unwieldy away then. Or just put up with it. Make them +5pts on top of the normal PW cost.

IMOO all that it needs is an update, not even a new model. A chunky engine and new boyz.
Anyway, Ork user here, I'm working on making my cuttas.

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. What's wrong?

Also, here's my mostly completed SC! Box #1

As long as the axes are hidden I don't see why you care so much that they aren't I4. They're still going to land. On an army like Space Wolves it's worth using axes even if they're shittier than mauls just for the looks alone.

Of course I post the blurry uncropped picture.

I follow WYSISWYG as well, but having played since 4th I've just had to compromise as wargear has changed costs and usefulness over time.

>want to play WSIWYG
>need 5 combi-plasma Sisters

Long story, not really the place for blogs.

I'll finish every thing sometime. Maybe SoB will be out by then.

>Play Kill team using Sternguard
>I have to pay points for a power fist

Could anyone be as kind as to provide a link to, or just pictures of all the sprues in the start collect tau box?

>what the fuck am I supposed to do with all these missile launcher marines and power fist sergeants, GW?!

Just search the individual contents on GW's site and look at the sprues you moron.

I simply figured the sprues in the SC box would be different though.

Nah the Start Collecting shit is all same as regular shit. The only thing different is the HQ who comes from some limited edition campaign shit and has a pretty typical plastic HQ sprue.

There's the ethereal rest is the same as regular

Sisters can't get plasma.

Thank you.

>pic related

I've been testing a command squad toting flamers and combi-plasma (as in each model has a normal flamer and combi-plas) joined by a Canoness with a Combi-plas, Evicerator, rosarius, and eternal warrior.

It's been pretty -fun- so far.

that thing looks more 40k than any of the 40k tanks

Bolt pistol + power axe/maul is your best bet on a Sargent anyway.

No 'good' unit is impressed by I4 anymore and they're especially not impressed by s4.
Power swords are shit on any marine that isn't a blood angel and power fists are too expensive.

Some tanks just work in 40K.

I'll play against newfriends new army this evening.

A common friend will be there too to watch and help the new guy. He told me not to go too hard on him, as he is a beginner.
And our last new guy (dark eldar) quit quickly because he lost a majority of his fights, trying to beat another guys SM. We want to build up this guys self confidence.

So I thought up this
>Hive Tyrant
>Two Zoantropes
>Termagaunt
>Hive crone
>Exocrine
>two groups of five warriors
>Three biovores
>some 30 hormagaunts
Roughly at 1500 points

My army only needs to put up a fight, but eventually loose. So does this sound good? All I know about his army so far, is that it has basilisks

See, now that's how Ork conversion should look.

Probably too late now, but I would have started at 1,000 points. At that level you have an 'army' that isn't a small skirmish force but the game will end quicker, especially if you have to help explain rules etc.

WWII in general is good for Orks.

You noble bastard!

Been teaching my friend 40k this year. I've been using space wolves and he started blood angels.
Captain, 2 x 5 tacticals, librarian / lib dread, 5 DC and a DC dread.

He's won about half the games we played, but I've been going casual.

Last week I used his army against him and he borrowed mine.

Using the above models I went full rip and tear, sweeping the army together across the board to table him, to show him a strong tactic and how powerful BA can be in assault when you commit.

That's why they made this.

Alright so I'm feeling pretty set on this as a list now
Warboss with MANz in Battlewagon
Tankbustas alongside in their trukk
Painboy with the bikers
Big Mek Boy with the Lootas so the Slow and Purposeful + invuln
Blitzbommer for bombing hard
Gretchin for holding
Trakta cannon as some added insurance against the flyers i expect to see
I know I might not win alot but I'm pretty happy with the army as a whole, any glaring issues?

You now realise the Deathstrike is based on the M752 Lance. This missile could also be equipped with various different warheads. From nuclear, to clusterbombs and even chemicals (though the latter was scrapped despite being planned).

The meganob deathstar.
Too big and unwieldy.

The enemy will just walk away from it.

there is that, but we'll do as the new guy wants for now.

Well, when the new guy learns to play, however long that will take. I guess it'll be the kick in the nuts I need to actually rework my nids.

I've been thinking about it for a while, and just pushed it further and further.

That army swap sounds like a very good idea. I'll use it in the future

yea, I'm still a pretty green player, so im not 100% sure about how realistic the deathstar was gonna be

Will having them in the battlewagon increase my chances of getting them anywhere important, or are they just gonna get blasted off the table you reckon

I imagine it was scrapped because it was fucking illegal.

Vortex warhead a best.

MANZ are best used in 3 man units with a trukk or if you want it tougher a Gun Wagon.

You can also consider a 3-5 squad witth Grotsnik for FNP, Fear & Rampage.

All they have to do is pop a single battlewagon and the fuckers are stranded and 'Because Orks' will probably get pinned as well.

I still want to know how they make Vortrex missiles. What FW does it?

The Battlewagon will make them more mobile but also make them a even more tempting target for focused fire.

Probably Mars.

By the end of M31, they were officially only to be constructed on Mars, Graia and Gryphonne IV. There, the warheads would then be exported to other forge worlds where they could be combined with their missile housings, before being distributed to the necessary regiment or fortification. Because of a clerical glitch of the Departmento Munitorum, other Forge Worlds soon began constructing whole vortex missile missiles. By M35, almost all forge worlds in the Imperium had at least some expertise in its assembly.

I don't know, user, making those warheads probably have a lot of risks involved, and do you really want to risk it on Mars?
Source?

A STC template for constructing a sense of humour is found. What happens?

The Murder Clowns try to steal it.

"Warhammer 40,000: Munitorum - Vortex Missiles" i belive.

The STC is corrupted and creates a device that releases wavelengths that drive those nearby into fits of joy. And then they die, because fuck fun.

>probably a good thing
I doubt it. It can remove Xenos and send them into the trash(Warp).
Thanks.

>Tech priests who won't stop playing weird practical jokes only they understand
>Cogboys snickering as they perform standard maintenance on the regimental vehicle pool

which is it? they make them or they don't? one person has a source, the other doesn't....

Probably the one who didn't delete his post.

Wait the techpriests become clowns?

The Wiki says it requires the capture and containment of a spark of the Immaterium. They used to drive ships up to warp rifts to gather the good stuff but they had like a 95% loss rate for the ships that tried.

So now they just herd a bunch of psykers together and gather the murder sparks when they open a "Safe" rift.

The vortex is the result of material that CANNOT be in realspace BEING in realspace.

That makes sense.

>good stuff but they had like a 95% loss rate for the ships that tried.
>So now they just herd a bunch of psykers together and gather the murder sparks when they open a "Safe" rift.
>murder sparks
Stay classy, Mechanicus.

>gave in and bought The Burden of Angels
>10 min read at best
>Tu'shan basically sees Dante and co give into the Red Thirst, get attacked, bring Dante back and do a brohug.

I'm pretty sure Red Thirst was just the craving for blood, not the outright attacking of allies, that was Black Rage, I thought? Or is it both? I thought Black Rage made any non-Chaplain appear as a enemy.

Oh well, either way, Salamanders know of the curse. Surprised Dante didn't just go "lol warp shit".

People know about it if I'm not mistaken. It's part of the reason an IF successor chapter wouldn't fight with the Lamenters against a Black Crusade.

All have red thirst, only death company has succumbed to the black rage.

Played a 1500 pt free for all of CSM,Grey Knights and my lads it was fucking great Veeky Forums. I ended up convincing the CSM player to tank shock a Dreadknight turn one. He got First Blood and the bantz were off the chart the rest of the game. And here you see my one hull point Chimera ramming a Rhino getting rid of a hull point and letting me pop it with my Vanquisher and just completely wiping out the squad next. I won that game through kill points. But what did you do thread? Any fun games?

I know this, but I was pretty sure the Black Rage was the only time they'd attack friendlies.

I thought it was just rumours of their shit, rather than outright drinking blood from dead bodies. Tu'shan is a retard though. Dante tells him to stay back 3 times. Tu'shan ignores that and basically Dante lost control. He was like some sort of alpha predator as well controlling the other BA's.

But it all ended happily.

>I thought it was just rumours of their shit, rather than outright drinking blood from dead bodies. Tu'shan is a retard though. Dante tells him to stay back 3 times. Tu'shan ignores that and basically Dante lost control. He was like some sort of alpha predator as well controlling the other BA's.
Tu'shan probably was curious and fixed he could fix it with the power of family.

BROSHIP. It ends with Dante going "We both have dark shit we have to deal with, you with your renegade/Chaos civil war you had, us with this shit" and Tu'shan is like "yeah bro" and Dante goes "It's out charge to be alone." and Tu'shan is like "Nah bro, brotherhoods are strong together!" or some shit.

All the while Blood Angels are foaming blood at their mouths, the blood of dead BA is pooling on the floor. They burn it to the ground. It doesn't say which year this is. It's after 2nd War of Armageddon and after the Dragon Warriors renegade attack on Salamanders home planet. So I guess near the end.

Also it seems like Blood Angels drink wine mixed with blood.

This hasn't been finished, sadly. Neat though.

>BROSHIP. It ends with Dante going "We both have dark shit we have to deal with, you with your renegade/Chaos civil war you had, us with this shit" and Tu'shan is like "yeah bro" and Dante goes "It's out charge to be alone." and Tu'shan is like "Nah bro, brotherhoods are strong together!" or some shit.
>All the while Blood Angels are foaming blood at their mouths, the blood of dead BA is pooling on the floor. They burn it to the ground. It doesn't say which year this is. It's after 2nd War of Armageddon and after the Dragon Warriors renegade attack on S
Tu'shan is too pure for this galaxy.
>Also it seems like Blood Angels drink wine mixed with blood.
Got to keep the vampire theme going. But now I realize that muh BA successor chapter does not mix wine with the gallons of Ork blood they have gathered over the years. Well, they do call some of it "vintages" anyway.

Unless he has air, lose the crone. Let him know the hive tyrant is flying (if it is) so he can prepare for it.

I echo
Start at 1000

"Rework" them?

Can someone share "The Burden of Angels"?

Warboss with one trukk of MANz and Grotsnik with the other.
Picked up a bit more dakka in the form of blitzbommer and some mek guns, dropped the big mek becuase my lootas probably wont need to move to often, I'll just hide them well

Test. Hope this works for you bro, I was the one who bought it.

Could anyone here be so kind as to give me a rough idea of the average model counts of the different armies at 750, 1250 and 1850 pts? Im particularily interested in the counts of Tau, imperial guard and dark eldar.

Thank you kind Sir.

>Nick Kyme
Uh oh.

I've been having troubles winning against a friend of mine.
So my "reworking" is just buying new models and changing up my lists.

I just called the common friend, and there is no air. I'll have to think something else.

Ideas?

Oh it did work. Good. Wasn't sure it would. Once upon a time I used to tripfag and upload shit... Happier days.

Yeah, he isn't great, but I couldn't resist buying it. I wanted to know what happened and what the outcome was. It was a nice ending.

So I'm doing grots with looted IG heavy weapons as Mek Guns.

How high should i do the base/sandbags/scrapwall to make LOS fit the real model?

Fuck it, I need to get going soon. I'll just bring extra gaunts and a hive tyrant along what I thought and think it once I see what is on the table.

I painted my models so I can actually play...

When did Isreal start letting Mekboyz design their tanks?

Hello, police? I'd like to report a sexual assault.

>Be me.
>Dirty xenos commander.
>Necrons, but never run formations, for fear of being called "cheese lord'.
>Always running fun, fluffy lists that I believe represent Necrons in the lore.
>Promising game against Space Marine army today.
>Turn up, have a chat about the surprise trump win, general good mood by all.
>Space marine shows me his list.
>It's some formation that I don't pay any attention to.
>He wins the roll to go first.
>fires heaps of shit at me, takes a few metal skelingtons out, fair few, actually... #nobigdeal.
>my turn.
>Pretty average turn, taking out a couple of marines and a hull point off a tank.
>Good position with objectives.
>Turn two.
>OMGWTFBBQ, grav, centurions, tanks with ridiculous weapons, formation rules that grant stupid fire-power.
>Half of my army is dead (not exaggerated).
>I concede on turn 4.
>I am left with 2 objectives, 12 models on the table and a sharp pain in my an us.
>He has almost his entire army, minus a couple of tanks and a few marines.
>Phone police to report the crime immediately.

I know this was my fault. Walking around, wearing that tight fluffy list, letting the world see how fun I am. But it doesn't stop the sting.

What do Veeky Forums? Do I stop having fun, stop bringing the model I want to play, and bring something that can win? Do I become the lord of cheese? I just don't know any more...

Try to find people who wants to play fluffy lists (like you), and if you're going for a pick up game maybe bring a slightly more competive list just so the game can be even and more interesting for both? I think that's the problem with pick up games sometimes, one day you face a new player who just uses what he has and another day it's formations and cheese and what-nots.

Has anyone Flesh Tearers Supplement?

They're basically Imperial Khorne Berzerkers, who accept psykers.

People seem to always go all out against Necrons, no matter the list.

Necrons confirmed snitches.

I always ask my opponent that are we playing fluffybunny, funny-average-shit or tryhard and with that I change my list to match the answer.

>We have something on the way next week, we think you're going to love:
A new website, which will be the home of the Warhammer Community on the web, with content for every one of you, no matter what corner of the Warhammer hobby you're interested in.

Nice to know we can now shitpost directly at GWs doorstep now

This is it.

Veeky Forums is finished.