Your BBEG is now Karl Marx

>Your BBEG is now Karl Marx
>He's disgusted by the arbitrary institution of classes, especially the disporportionately powerful classes like wizards and clerics
>He seeks the destruction of all classes and institutions associated with them to implement a classless society

1. How fucked is your setting?
2. How do you/your party react?

He realizes that the only way to achieve true equality and a workers paradies is to make everyone undead and let them perform meaningless labor 24/7.

He has become what he hates the most, a wizard.

How is any of that bad? The only people who don't think the fact that feudalism was replaced by the bourgeoisie are edgy teens.

>pudgy aristocrat that never worked a day of his versus superhuman murder hobos

Gee I wonder. You're thread a shit OP

I already play a classless system, and our setting is a very agricultural post-apoc.
If anything, he'd like us more than the enemy, seeing as they're an actual class society and we're much less so.

>dwarf/gnome revolution
>fucking tank-like things
>iron curtain versus overpowered murder hobos

Iron curtain wins.

But he is the son of a wizard himself and doesn't really understand the life of nonmagical classes

>Further in the future, the revolution has occurred
>The ancient guilds were demolished replaced by state run institutions
>High level and wise wizards no longer exist but the Red Armies are packed full of Soviet Battle Mages
>Their numbers are incredible but blow each other up as often as the enemy
>Rely on brute force tactics supported by waves of ill trained fighter rangers in the front and assassin clerics in the back

>Karl Marx vs Inquisitorial Acolytes

To answer your questions:
1) lol
2) They fight among themselves on if they should join him and then the winners kill him, because whoever would side with him is a disgusting noobcake

I explain to him that the labour theory of class tiers is bunk and work with him to redefine his political theory. This will keep him occupied until he dies, and the problem goes away.

>This will keep him occupied until he dies, and the problem goes away
He's part of the wizard aristocracy, he may find a way to prolong his life.

>I explain to him that the labour theory of class tiers is bunk
He already knows that though. He kept changing it throughout his work.

I dunno if I agree with that - I feel more like he kept trying to come up with ways to make the labour theory valid.

We kill him and burn all his books.

Like, does it really matter WHAT the BBEG wants to do?

1. Honestly It'd probably be a improvement in Dark Sun? It cant get much worse.

2. Politely ask my DM to be more subtle if they must inject real-world politics into the game

If Marx haven't got a class, he isn't going to do shit desu. A level 20 peasant might be able to incite riots and whatnot, but the setting is literally run by immortal overpowered lvl 20 wizards and clerics. One mind control spell is all it takes to end his reign.

>He doesn't realize mind control can be deconstructed
>He doesn't realize language itself is a weapon
This isn't your grandma's Marxism, we're dealing with high level post-modern Marxism here.

because of course killing a revolutionary leader instantly puts an end to their entire philosophy. That's been shown repeatedly throughout history.

>Draconian Monarchy that would be described as dystopian if it weren't for the fact everyone is busy living in a nearly post-scarcity utopia to notice the cage they are trapped in.

The party wouldn't even need to intervene, he'd be nothing more then one of the few soap box crazies, ranting down in the public forum.

If he tries anything then he gets arrested and sent to a reeducation school.

Worst comes to worst, he's brainwashed into conformity or locked up for life.

Our party are a handful of Psychic Children with disabilities living in a Haunted Hospital literally run by Lucifer and cared for by a literal Angel disguised as a Nurse, both of whom have more then just a passing interest in our abilities.

What's Marx going to do, Unionise the Ghosts against us?

>draconian monarchy
>dystopian
>in a utopia
How does that even work out?

You have no rights, but you're not going to go hungry either.

Basically, it's Latveria.

>You have no rights
So no utopia.

Is the Monarchy "hurr hurr hurr bureaucracy!", or do the people just have no rights on paper?

>your BBEG is now Karl Marx
That's funny, thanks for the laugh OP. Stalin is imho the better BBEG, the grand cynical asshole who flaunts the big red book at you through an infinite army of flunkies and ideologues. plus he would def Not Dead Yet and rise again from the ruins of his first body as Spirit of History or w/evs and could only be killed by rezzing the bodies of Trotsky, who would stab him in the eye with the same ice-pick that killed him. what goes around comes around

Derrida as BBEG would manage to make d&d as irritating as he makes everything else. The only thing that would work would be stuffing him into the sphere of annihilation in Tomb of Horrors with a crowbar that is inscribed, in both greek and latin, 'meme this, shitlord.' as Derrida disappears into the darkness, you can hear him saying, 'and yet you obviously don't understand...'

>tfw demo the ruins
>tfw salt the earth
>tfw send lone party member on infinite voyage to polar wastes with only remaining key
>tfw squad wipe because they too were literature
>tfw the universe collapses

Fucking deconstructionists, not even once

>people itt

Also, Uncle Joe would make a motherfucking good BBEG.

based soviet realism fantasy bump

I join the BBEG.
If he can turn DnD into something along the lines of Shadowrun or GURPS - I'm all for it.

>or GURPS
What

this would be the most incredible in-game BBEG accomplishment of all. you thought you were playing d&d you fools. this was not even my true ruleset