Android:Netrunner General - Worlds Was Won edition

Congrats to Chris Dyer for winning Worlds

>Question of the day
How much do we need to tech against CTM (and NBN in general) before it dies back a bit?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace the spaces by dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play netrunner online (replace the spaces by dots):
Jinteki net

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

acoo.net/deck/20008/worlds-championship-2016-1st-chris-dyer-papa-smurf/
acoo.net/deck/20008/worlds-championship-2016-1st-chris-dyer-snekbite/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/11/terminal-directive/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Be sure to check out the spoiler links - Worlds had a load of stuff spoilered (and a lot for Weyland, they finally get a rock), and the announcement for the 2nd Red Sands pack (Station One) dropped yesterday.

These are the decks that won worlds:
acoo.net/deck/20008/worlds-championship-2016-1st-chris-dyer-papa-smurf/
acoo.net/deck/20008/worlds-championship-2016-1st-chris-dyer-snekbite/

Which was pretty standard as I understand it - there was less teching for NBN, more just going with what can not get fucked over by assets.

NBN made up almost half the entire corp field at worlds, and all of the top 16 - the highest non-NBN deck was 20th in Swiss (predictably, it was EtF), with only 2 Weyland and 1 Jinteki in the top 50 (respectively: 45, 50 and 49)

Anarchs were just as, but at least 2 shapers did make it to the top 16

Now Worlds decks tend to be pretty reliable and conservative - it’s a long gruelling event, and no-one wants to drop places because they’re playing jank or haven’t had enough time to practice with their decks, but this is still really homogeneous, so I’ve got to ask you guys: what do we do?

Also, has any of the new stuff got you guys itching to try something in particular?

Wonder if it would have been better if rotation started much earlier as in this cycle or something?

Then again, without the Whiz (long live the King, or what's left of him), dealing with CTM would be even more of a hassle probably.

>what do we do?
Create decks that counter them AND aren't hot garbage in other matchups. Easy, right?

>what's left of him)
Hope he comes back as an e-ghost or something

You'd think so, but I have doubts.
Stealth, especially Smoke, looks like a contender, and doubly especially when we get Misdirection (though that in turn is vulnerable to Best Defence, and is a bit click hungry)

Can only wonder what's going to happen to Olivia, Andy, and Reina when rotation does finally hit. Hope they have slightly better endings, even considering the grimdark setting.

>Olivia
Whiz got Bad End, looks like Chaos Theory is getting Sad End

I do want to see Andy's "end" though - like CT, she was in the Titan heist in Mainframe

Forgot pic.

I'm perfectly happy to shoot runners, or blow them up, but this...

Mark my words, one of them is getting Good End, one of them is getting the Betrayer End.

My coins are on Andromeda joining corp, either Jinteki or NBN

>Also, has any of the new stuff got you guys itching to try something in particular?

I love most of the Weyland stuff shown, but since last thread it's really Aginfusion that got my creative juices flowing.

Really loving how the new interactions, board states and value changes to existing cards.

Definitely going to jump on it as soon as released.

The snekbite link isn't working for some reason, links me to the Whizzard deck.

Until the more high variance corp archetypes become more reliable (terrible decisions whatever the Runner does), becomes less of a gamble (you can profit off of failed bluffs), I don't think much will change. Actually, I find it weird no one is talking about teching against Anarchs, since it's usually their stuff that makes the other archetypes less viable, especially now that En Passant is here.

As for new stuff, I'll probably try Success in BoN to score a Cleaners in hand.

We know Andy is going to get a reference because Damon commented on it in a interview.
Do we know anything about Reina Roja? It can't be that her ending was in Spin Cycle, right? She got caught and that's it?

She has the novel, though.

High variance with certitudes... doesn't compute. No, really I don't think the issue less there exactly.

I understand if thinking of cards like Back Channels.

But then I don't think Ambush by themselves are high variance, are they?

Honestly, with all that loot she scored from the 23 seconds, she really shouldn't be running (lol) into any sort of financial difficulties at all to begin with.

Her and her parents are different things.

Being a successful criminal doesn't help when you can't extent your own personal fiances to those around you.

God damn it auto correct

>finances

>lies there

Let me start by saying that this is mostly an observer's opinion, with little experience playing or facing the decks in question. So feel free to call me out if I make any mistaken assumptions.

I didn't mean just bluffing Snares or Junebugs, but variance in your game plan not getting disrupted. A common point between most of the asset spam decks is that their game plans are pretty solid: wear them down and drain their credits or cards, and find a point to fire a kill. It's solid because assets are meant to be trashed anyway, and recursion brings them back so often that you can wear the Runner down even more.

Compare this with other popular archetypes. Both glacier and fast advance fell out of fashion because of several new cards (or in the latter, getting the nerf hammer) that prevent it from being as reliable. Mind game decks always rely on the runner eating your bluff, so while fun, never took off competitively. Rush tactics require perfect card draw to get off into a good start, and program trashing is (was?) relatively hard to do consistently.

There's ways to mitigate your game plan getting disrupted, but CtM manages to get a almost uncounterable ability and be in the faction with all the tools for backup plans or getting the game plan back on track, before needing to import outside tools. In fact the reason Whizzard got his popularity spike because his innate ability manages to upset the asset spam game plan reliably, in addition to other strong Anarch cards.

If the other game plans get a reliable boost (which we might be seeing already with Success, Replanting, and the Adaptable Barrier thingy), we could get more archetypes into Worlds. Until NBN loses some of the cards that make them good (which makes their game plan less consistent), or cards get released to make NBN's tools less reliable though, I don't see them shifting from their 60%+ spot.

Her novella is coming out soon (already?), so I guess we'll know then.

>But then I don't think Ambush by themselves are high variance, are they?
Not really - anyone can get an ambush off, but using it effectively to open scoring or kill windows, that's the trick

Several things here.

a) Non-interactivity. All things being equal, you'll notice competitive decks will go for the least interactive variation of the a wining configuration. Best example I can give is DLR. A strong card, that gave some fairly good results from inception... but never caught competitively until Wireless/Fall Guy made it so the built-in interactivity was as negated as possible.

By definition, a more interactive decks is going to be a more risky deck. It *should* be. Making those plans more reliable means working on synergies, which takes a long time if you don't want them to be all self-evident and broken (one way or the other) with the first problem being that most synergies in the competitive scene are going to be about *lessening* the other player's space.

b) Variance and "luck" reluctance. And we're going back to tournament and how it shapes the popularity of decks.

High variance is supposed to mean risk big to gain big... but from a design standpoint issue, one thing you don't really want for a competitive game that is set up like Netrunner is players walking away from the table thinking they "only" lost because of luck (hence the importance of deflating agenda flood in the beginning of the game's market existence; same goes for Scorched Earth in the early days of the game really).
If the high variance strategy wins get too high and people start thinking (doesn't even have to be real, just assessed) they lose too often to rush because of dumb luck, you're losing players.

So you have a strategy that is based entirely on risk taking and management that cannot be afforded to reach too high a potential, when it *should* have a higher potential win to justify the risk. Which pulls it back. Very har to balance.

Now, that's why I'm liking Jemisson and some of the revealed cards around it, there's an attempt at making the early high-risk of rush decks cascade along the game, which leaves room from strategy and tactics on both sides, instead of betting on that one strong start and then *unrelated* back up plans for that really hard late window scoring, or things that try to bring back broken piece of your unsuccessful attempts (which I still love as a play to be honest. Back Channels and similar cards I really dig).

Now, that's why I'm liking Jemisson and some of the revealed cards around it, there's an attempt at making the early high-risk of rush decks cascade along the game, which leaves room from strategy and tactics on both sides, instead of betting on that one strong start and then *unrelated* back up plans for that really hard late window scoring, or things that try to bring back broken piece of your unsuccessful attempts (which is still love as a play to be honest Back Channels and similar cards I really dig).

Damn it erased my whole c) while copy pasting because "field too long". Maybe later, the point about reliable strategy vs tactical adaptability isn't that important anyway.

>Maybe later, the point about reliable strategy vs tactical adaptability isn't that important anyway.
Sounds like the more interesting part though.

>a)
Can't say I agree completely, while it's true that DLR is guilty of non-interactivity and is fairly strong, I wouldn't say interactive decks are more risky if it has a reliable setup, for example the Worlds Whizzard deck upthread. DLR itself isn't exactly non-interactive, just that it's very hard to punish efficiently.

>b)
I guess we're in agreement here? Since low variance decks are such because they are reliable. One point I'd argue though is early Scorched kills aren't by luck, as it should be within the corp's plan to find or create a window where the runner was careless enough to get Scorched.

>c)
I'm agreeing with , post it. Personally I think this matters the most to the corps since they're reacting or guiding the Runner's actions. Generally runner decks especially Shaper and Anarch decks in particular need to get their game plan working since they need to get their rig setup, which means something reliable is preferred. Though Criminals I feel tend to have greater tactical adaptability even while having a good overall strategy, since their specialty in hitting weakpoints in the corp's game plan (with Shaper going toe-to-toe using their own game plan, and Anarchs trying to disrupt the corp) basically requires adapting to changing situations.

>Success
Am I missing something here? What use is Success outside of the new ID?

Scoring Cleaners is almost essential in BoN, Success lets you "install Cleaners > Success a 4/2 > advance, score".

I agree that Cleaners looks great in BoN, but Success is a Triple operation, so that won't work.

Shit, I knew I was forgetting something. Nevermind then.

there's always Biotic, but then you're paying an agenda and a lot of money

Reminder that in Jamison you can Biotic -> install Gov. Takeover ->Success a 5/3 and score.

No slots nor the econ for it unfortunately. Actually I've been meaning to ask for help with my deck, I'll post it tomorrow.

Oberth Protocol and Audacity get close though. You'll need to start the turn with the Cleaners and Oberth installed, but that might make for some interesting never-advance play.

On the subject, two questions about Audacity: do the three cards in hand include Audacity itself? And it's just two advancements across two cards, right, so maximum two not four?

>do the three cards in hand include Audacity itself?
Yes.

Yep.

And to get that 5/3 (I'd suggest High-Risk, personally, though PriReq might be nice), all you need to have is a Hostile scored and an installed Oberth (or another BL) - install the 5/3, rez to put 2 tokens, advance + Oberth to get to 4, advance.

Anoyingly it's still anarch that have the best handle on this with Clot (though shaper use it better)

Standoff looks cool af, but I don't think it's for FA Jamison - the lack of points sucks

It's still good for one point and to rez the Oberth. It can get you a 4/2 out of hand, anyway. Of course deck slots are always precious, so you're probably right.

Jemison looks great, but I think I'm most excited for Mausolus. Such a good rez to break ratio. Hortum also looks nice, but relies more on the advancing (and then fills a strong niche)
Tithonium might be able to open a surprise scoring window, but Paperclip is a very strong counter.
Veritas is not super exciting, but the numbers are definitely good, I expect to use it.

>And it's just two advancements across two cards, right, so maximum two not four?
Yeah, it's a Kaguya and San San cross.

As well as finally getting Jinteki's shipment, I find it interesting to note that only San San will be rotating - and Audacity is 4 inf.
Definitely looks like NBN FA will be getting weaker.

Yeah, a 4/2 for sacing 0 points is pretty sweet.

In decks that aren't going with the risk of the Takeover (and in other Weyland that certainly won't want that) Standoff will likely be great though

Mausolus looks great, Hortum is okay - you're trading more solid effects for better stats, but the Maus looks nicer.
It also has the advantage of being in the next pack.

Tithonium looks nice, really liking some bits of it - I think it's a shoo-in for Blue Sun, for example, despite (probably) not being OAI-able. Also shows how bad Asteroid Belt is, if that was needed.

Veritas and Bloodletter look okay, while Battlement and Watchtower are maybe a bit low-grade - though Watchtower has a fantastic sub.
Actually Battlement is so similar to Spiderweb I'm now wondering if there'll be a reason we'll be wanting to put a ton of small-medium ice in our decks.

I think FA Jamison will be a thing, and the nature of big W's agendas means it shouldn't run out of steam.

Kind of a funny image though:
"We bought a company, hedged the company on a high-risk deal that hinged on some orbital deliveries; the deal was a great success, and with the profits we hired some bioroid soldiers and took over a small country."
>Sacrifice, Audacity, Success

Maus and Hortum will probably mix together well, one as an ETR off the bat, and the other as a mildly taxing facecheck unadvanced, and a bluff for a space ice at 3 advanced. Both are effectively 3 to rez if you catch them without a breaker.

Battlement is probably good enough to replace Spiderweb honestly, especially when both are equally weak to Parasite. Looking forward to Veritas and Bloodletter since they're decent

Sapper looks like the Jinteki one - it adds a bit of trashing to your R&D or HQ, potentially providing gearcheck without ever having been installed.

Unfortunately Paperclip exists, and Sapper itself is trashable.
Though a 3 cost ↳ Trash 1 program Sentry is a pretty fair deal, even at strength 2

If you've got them rezzed already - through the runner hitting, or possibly through Weyland's pre-re shenanigans, you can get them in the parentheses for cheap with dedication, though I don't know how worth it that would be.

And as you say they can bluff as space ice (though Maus is better for that)

You can also advance and rez space ice, then move the tokens to these new ice with Constellation Protocol.

>with Constellation Protocol
There's an idea - that's a very unplayed card.

Also, use the new sysop to boost these, then move the tokens to rez a space ice, then back again.

Ay, that's not a bad idea either.

Probably best in BoN, at least as a concept, but you never know - if it's good you could use it anywhere

You say that now...

But when CT comes back as a Weyland sysop that makes Hanzo look like the child, you'll wish you had never met Dinosaurus.

Well, surely she could find someone in the runner community to help make said loot 'accessible' to her family? Pretty sure most people would happily grab any windfall that at least have the appearance of being (somewhat) legal, or with no incriminating data trails at least.

Would be funny if Reina got the Worst Ending and got turned into a Big W 'asset'.

>and got turned into a Big W 'asset'.
That would be the worst end, though I really want to know her story in Monitor - she's an ex-soldier, so she would be a valuable asset, and she has worked with The Man before.

I feel she's more likely to go out detonating some large Weyland asset though

Andy's probably the most likely to get a good or corp-side ending.

Stop it, I already want that

>inb4 inadvertently(?) causing another series of massive earthquakes after blowing up GRNDL HQ

im confused the commands list on jinketi list a comand for discarding a chosen card but nothing for a random card

Sorry for late answer, was at game night. After the wait it's probably going to be lot less interesting than it might have sounded.

>while it's true that DLR is guilty of non-interactivity and is fairly strong, I wouldn't say interactive decks are more risky if it has a reliable setup

First - and it's like I'm taking crazy pills or something, repeating it every time - DLR isn't non-interactive. It's probably the most interactive runner card printed so far. You need a successful run to even be allowed to install it. You need to be tagged to even be able to use it. You need another access to Archives before it pays off.

Then, that's my whole point: the sole purpose of that reliable set up you mention is to erase that interactivity as much as possible.
Many of us I think were toying with proto headlock decks, which I myself dub "scorched earth", whose purpose is to bleed the corp's econ and then present it with several bad choices (can trash one and only one of DLR, Lamprey, Joshua B. or Activist Support, and if you do you're not back out of headlock range... what do you do?). Those decks were fun to pilot, very interactive... and too taxing/risky for competitive play. It's only when support cards were printed that basically erased enough of the interactivity (Wireless/Fall Guy/Hades) that the DLR interaction was deemed viable.

And that *is* a problem. More interactive cards *should* be powerful because of the interactivity. Because of the lessened certainty. (you hear that Hellion?). If the only way to make them competitively viable is to erase the interactivity, we *have* a problem.

>One point I'd argue though is early Scorched kills aren't by luck

I agree with you overall, but still, tell that to the core runner that got scorched early game because he didn't have a remote access solution soon enough and got Posted Bounty double Scorched by turn 4-5. That's a statistical anomaly for sure, but it happens. And I would argue in some respects it should happen more often for some high variance plays. But if it does, and you don't balance it carefully you're going to lose players.

Now, about reliable strategy vs tactical adaptability. That one is going to be a mess (sorry in advance).

It's a koala vs goat thing. *Extremely* efficient and specialized strategies should be brittle. A change in the ecosystem should make or break them (and here the specter of our first issue appears - silver bullets). The Koala is an incredible example of specialization and efficiency, but remove the eucalyptus and it's fucked. Decks with a lot of tactical leeway should be more uncomfortable, but also more resilient. Able to get a go at everything. And I think at first it worked decently well that way.

And here's the problem: I've had that feeling for some time that the most efficient strategies are *also* the ones that have the most tactical leeway. Cue the 3/2 issue agenda-wise. Cue the FA problem for the longest time. Cue all "good stuff" builds. Cue the tagging asymmetry issues between NBN and Weyland. That shouldn't be. But here's the real killer for me, as a corollary: it feels to me like a lot of... let's call them unreliable strategies were being treated like efficient ones (look at NEXT support). Scorched Earth as a game plan is *powerful* but is about as efficient as making Leviathan your main code gate solution. So is rush. So is program trash. They are brittle, easily circumvented. And yes, you could argue those are specialized. But they are not efficient. They're wasteful. And they need more dedicated support than alternatives. Or they'll remain secondary back up tactical play whose bark matters more than their bite at best. Or jank strategies at worst.

And the imbalance is so deeply embedded in the code of the game as it exists right now, at times I wonder whether it's ever going away from that iteration (still really digging recent design decisions).

To get back on the actual interesting conversation.

Honestly so far I'm more interested in rush-NA plays with Jamison.

Random thoughts:

- Marilyn Campaign makes a pretty decent World Plaza target all things considered.
- On top of the NA Government Takeover threat, Success in Jamison allows you to threaten a Meteor Mining kill from zero credit. The False Lead plan could work too on that front (if only Hard Hitting News, False Lead).
- Success + Public Agenda interaction really makes me want to have another go at that silly hyper-remote Hollywood Renovation/Full Immersion RecStudio deck.

i hope jinketi automates subroutines soon its a pain in the arse when your oponent fails to consider you might have a tinkerer.

Yeah, also since people would underestimate Weyland for having ice that don't hurt on a faceplant, they would less likely install a Killer to deal with it.

You've pretty much hit everything on the money, you even managed to say what I meant in and a lot better than I did; "the most efficient strategies are *also* the ones that have the most tactical leeway", and it's especially true in NBN and Anarch decks. I honestly have no idea how one could "fix" it, but hopefully Damon is atleast aware of the problem, or that his recent design decisions will affect it if only incidentally.

Random card discards are usually automated, or you could just ask the runner to choose.

With 2 Biotics you could NA a Hollywood and another 3 pointer, even outside of Jemison. I wonder how we could get non-shenanigans Meteor Mining kills outside of tag me though. Atleast you get your money back, that alone makes it a pretty good 1-of include in any deck.

Tinkerer?

>inb4 she ends up in Yellow anyway

Doofus Dinosaurus is an NBN creation after all. Most likely spawned by the mind of the Great Jackson Himself.

The best part of 2016 is that no one gives a fuck about this smug shit anymore. Did not even make the cut.

I can see it going both ways, either she wants to make it up to Weyland and work for them, or NBN offers her a deal that can fix things.

He had the balls to bring a CI deck though. What was his runner deck?

Whizz

Would have been interesting if Adam got something interesting out of the 23 seconds heist other then some new programming that mysteriously appeared in 'his' head.

>Most likely
Definitely, going by the D&D insert.

Not Monitor, Monster Slayer. That's what I get for drinking and posting.

That's already plenty interesting, and it's not like he needs the $.

I love that CT basically chose the Robbie Rotten of Sunshine Junction as her console

>casting call

Sometimes i wonder whether she would end up in NBN as an actress (of sorts) or a 'tame' net celeb doing netrunning for her new masters.

Nah, she's not got a good relationship with NBN

Can't tell if the kid in IoP is her. I wonder why she's getting that much attention from NBN. Can't just be because of Dinosaurus.

It might be because of Dino - he's an NBN product after all, one designed to spy - I imagine CT got wind of this pretty quick.

It's not designed to spy, it's designed to "teach" and manipulate young minds.

I'd like some help with my BoN deck, if I may.

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations (Blood Money)

Agenda (8)
1x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
1x The Cleaners (Second Thoughts)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
1x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) •
2x Corporate Sales Team (Business First)

Asset (5)
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
2x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing)
1x Jeeves Model Bioroids (Salsette Island) •••

Upgrade (5)
2x Oaktown Grid (Chrome City) ••••
3x Prisec (Blood Money)

Operation (12)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Exchange of Information (The Liberated Mind) ••
1x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
1x Hard-Hitting News (23 Seconds) ••
3x Preemptive Action (Intervention)

Barrier (5)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)
2x Changeling (Up and Over)

Code Gate (5)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Wormhole (Order and Chaos)

Sentry (3)
2x Shadow (Core Set)
1x Negotiator (The Valley)

ICE (1)
1x Excalibur (The Source)

12 influence spent (maximum 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Intervention

For agendas, Oaktown Renovation and Corporate Sales Team lets you not lose tempo while scoring. Project Atlas is for sneaking out a win, and GFI is basically to keep the card count low. Cleaners if you can score it almost guarantees a win thanks to the doubled meat damage, but you really need things to go your way.

For assets GRNDL Refineries and Melange both to bait runs and get econ going. Jeeves is basically to supplement a triple advance or Melange turn. In upgrades, Prisec for scoring server protection, Oaktown Grid to keep the Prisec around longer, while at the same making the Refineries and Melange harder to trash.

(continued)
For operations there's the standard 3-of Scorched and Hedge Fund, 3-of Preemptive for shuffling econ, ice, and HHN back in, agendas are less of a concern unless against Noise or something. HHN for tags, and EoI to get Cleaners back in your score area, a lesser target would be GFI for a win. Plus if it fires, it forces the Runner to steal 4 agendas out of 8. Consulting Visit for any emergency tutors that could be necessary.

Ice I definitely need help with. The current idea is that Enigma, Shadow, and Ice Wall can go on Archives or the Jeeves remote, the rest go on scoring, HQ, or RnD. Changeling and Wormhole for a decent Sentry and Code Gate, and Negotiator was basically just thrown in there.

So for possible changes, a problem I seem to have is that I usually can't find the clicks necessary to install or play stuff in hand due to either advancing stuff or getting econ from Melange. I added Jeeves in to help with that, but I'm also considering Capital Investors over Melange for the flexibility. I'm basically waiting for Red Sands to drop for better ice too, definitely going -1 Wormhole -1 Enigma and +2 Mausolus once Martial Law gets released.

I'm also considering to just dump the HB cards for the NBN kill package with -1 Jeeves -1 Negotiator -2 Oaktown Grid -1 Consulting Visit for +1 Jackson +2 Data Ravens +1 HHN +1 Salem's Hospitality. Jackson is always good, extra tags from the Ravens are also nice with the benefit of getting to 15 ice, an extra HHN to get it in hand early, and Salem's to snipe a card or two before using Scorched. But I've been calling the deck 'Oaktown Cleanup' and I reeeally like the name...

Any thoughts? The NBN package looks better if I'm honest to myself, but the combo with Oaktown Grid and run bait assets is nice too. I managed to do a turn 2 unprotected Melange install thanks to it. There the option of half-assing too I suppose, like losing the Jeeves and Consulting for a Jackson and a Raven.

I think part of the reason she should go Weyland is that they don't really have a signature Sys-op. We have Caprice, Ash, Lane and...?

Plus, if any corp was going to get a "limit one per deck" piece of ICE with Dinosaurus, it feels like it would be Weyland. Though...I could totally see it as a bioroid ICE.

Cobra instead of Negotiator, I'd play Mumbad City Tour over Oaktown Grid, PAD Factory over Melange, Checkpoint over Shadow, maybe Mumbad Construction Co. for jank somewhere. I favour Wendigo over Enigmas, but my ICE is more dangerous aswell.

>We have Caprice, Ash, Lane and...?
The Twins
Not widely played, mind you, but it's one of the few sysop to get their own playmat, 2014 Top 8 Nationals no less.

>Nationals
I meant WORLDS, obviously, it's right in the playmat

I just noticed, Neither Caprice nor Ash are sysops. Batty and Ryon Knight.

Is the more dangerous facecheck on Cobra worth losing the higher tax from Negotiator?

Virtual Tour seem serviceable, hopefully the tax from the latter makes up for needing to recur Prisec more often, though come to think of it I don't get to put Oaktown Grid into my scoring remote that often anyway.

I like PAD Factory, but it needs protection to stay longer to be worth it, and my ice is already stretched pretty thin on Archives and Jeeves, plus I really need the raw econ gain from Melange.

I'm avoiding the bad pub cards but I'll keep them in mind, and I definitely don't have the econ for MCC shenanigans.

I need the Enigmas for quick early protection, but I think I can maybe consider splashing a single Wendigo.

this analouge reminds me of ddos vs false echo

>Is the more dangerous facecheck on Cobra worth losing the higher tax from Negotiator?
I think it is, you can also consider the meta call aswell. Anarchs will have Mimic and Faust, while Criminals have Mongoose.

>I like PAD Factory, but it needs protection to stay longer to be worth it, and my ice is already stretched pretty thin on Archives and Jeeves, plus I really need the raw econ gain from Melange.
My idea for calling PAD Factory is that you can advance all that not advanceable ICE to add more teeth to your threats. While I can't deny the econ bit. I use Weyland agendas for it. Also the refineries are fantastic.

I guess I'll try out both a few times, see which one I prefer.

Yeah, I used it for that reason before, taking a card and a click when they face planted Enigma was pretty fun. Refineries are indeed great, and other than GFI, Cleaners, and Atlas, the rest are indeed for maintaining tempo after they're scored.

44 card slots is so damn tight.

Has anybody had success with Self-destruct in Jinteki? Seems pricey but might be worth it, right?

So this is the ADN42, I'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/11/terminal-directive/

So we have 2 corps and 2 runners represented. So if we get a second narrative campaign, we could have NBN and Jinteki facing off against Anarch and a 4th mini faction?

Also, getting 2 narrative campaigns packaged together could make for a decent Core 2.0.

60 bucks is a bit over what we are used to. I'm curious at how this will play out. I'm a bit disheartened at how I have to choose a side though, I want ALL THE EXPERIENCE, ALL OF IT. I'll pick Corp. And you Veeky Forums?

It's unclear if you can or would even want to bring your own decks to the campaign. If yes, then I'd want to be Adam for flavor reasons. Find The Truth.

"even as the expansion provides a massive infusion to your standard, tournament-legal Android: Netrunner matches with 163 new cards (86 Corp and 77 Runner) divided between the Criminal, Shaper, Haas-Bioroid, and Weyland Consortium factions, as well as neutral. With its four new identities and a complete playset of each new player card"

Those numbers are only divisible by 3 if the IDs are only 1-ofs, which they haven't done since the core set. This is also the first time I've seen the description not specify three copies each of xx cards. Still, even at double the price of a usual deluxe I guess it's too much to hope for triple the cards.

I think the deck for the game is made out of the cards included in the box. But you have to pick what ID you are going to play through the campaign, while a friend picks an ID for the other side. I think you have 2 choices per side.
I'll probably be picking Corp, most likely Weyland, although Jinteki sounds interesting too.

It says "complete playset of each new player card".

There are no Jinteki IDs included.

True, my mistake.

Yes, but it's not totally clear whether thats 3 x 163 cards or 3 x 53 cards (plus 4 ID's). I assume the latter.

I'm really confused, at first that blurb read mostly like this was an expansion to the Android Board Game, really.

Color me interested.

The stickers bit has me worried this is going to be like Shadowrun Crossfire.

That being sid, I'm liking he experiment here. Of a bigger meatier update that has its own flavor of gameplay added on top.

Might actually be something that strikes the non-competitive casuals's fancy a bit more.

Anyway, link sent waiting on reaction from people I know.

I don't know about S:CF, but the stickers sounds like a Legacy mechanic as seen in Risk Legacy and Pandemic Legacy. The game changes every time you play it,and you can't go back, some mechanics in Legacy directly tells you to tore up cards.

Yeah, definitely like that... What's going to happen is people are going to print the PAD sheets and neatly write relevant info on them.

Still, intrigued about whether they can pull this out. This is an interesting new format on top of new cards, and it plays on strengths the game already has (the interweaving and building of narrative through gameplay) and which many of us do enjoy.

If this releases befoire Christam (I have little hopes), this should make a neat price for out yearlyend of the year event - *on top* of making a cool event by itself.

Another thing I'm hoping if this proves good is that the community can then build custom campaign packets from existing cards.

At l(e)ast aDN42 is confirmed.

My community was about to do something like that, half would play Titan decks while the others played the Mainframe Runners, writing a story after each round changing the rules a bit for a number of rounds, but it was too much effort and ended doing a regular tournament instead.

An existing frame and rules should make things a lot easier though.

We sometimes designed pair of decks to be played together - I'm still fond of the GRNDL/Reina ones.

If this succeeds it could be *so* cool. The more I think about it, the more hopeful I am. A format with persistence, that allows games to have lasting power without the competitive shell around. The potential is there.

>Terminal Directive is scheduled to arrive at retailers in the first quarter of 2017!

That will teach me to not read carefully up to the last line.

I've preferred it out of Jinteki when I played mostly because it's Net damage, and I enjoy(ed) mixing up damage types. Fun rezzed in a Worlds Plaza server, in a very Weyland way.