Unusual Monster Kill Methods

To kill a vampire:
>bury it in rice or socks or beneath a flowing river

To kill a werewolf:
>feed it wolfsbane

To kill a skeleton:
>tickle its funnybone

I don't understand how any of those would kill a vampire

Burying him under a river would work. Vampires cannot cross running water. He'd stay entombed forever

They're historical/folkloric methods. In traditional vampire lore, if you spill rice or some other particulate they have a compulsion to stop and count it all.

To kill a Mockingbird
>Make it do a high school book report.

The way washing machines now routinely eat one sock out of a pair is in fact an elaborate method to keep the vampire population down.

Well, until the river changes course.

>river gets diverted or dries up in a drought
>all the vampires once stuck under it get back up
>PCs have to deal with massive infestation of ancient vampires

I'd run that plot.

>the BBEG is vampiric Franklin Roosevelt
>he built a massive dam upstream specifically to free his people

>Franklin Roosevelt
Not exactly the most physically threatening of the Roosevelts

>millions of vampires rise up from beneath the aral sea

Vampiric Strength + vampiric stamina + Roosevelt Willpower + wheelchair = FRANKLIN "JUGGERNAUGHT" ROOSEVELT

>running water
>sea
Choose one.

which just makes it all the more striking when he throws small houses like Styrofoam toys

I once killed an orc by trying to garrote him with my bow, was failing until I remembered my bow makes arrows out of water, so ended up drowning him. Ironically it was during a drought!

To kill a dragon:
Pour a liquid gold down to his throat.

>To kill a player like this
Make him actually use the rules

He's going to need a much stronger wheelchair though. Also, will his animal forms also have useless legs? Shouldn't affect a bat but he'll make a poor wolf.

Underrated

One Time a group I was part of Killed a dragon 10 CR's above us by getting it to swallow us whole (Most of us were or could become immune to acid) and forcing our way down into the intestine so that it could not use its breath weapon or spells that converted its stomachs energy type on us. We caused the worst (and most lethal) indigestion ever slashing away at it and the demons it summoned up its own ass to fight us.

Not killing but here one.

To beat an orc warband
>you must rock their soul with metal!