Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Kharybdis Edition
Death Guard names Sub-Edition
Come up with a name for a poison huffer. Otherwise Anthrax Cowslaughter will be the name for every single one of your DG legionaries. >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vegetarian
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_Lansky
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luciano
sys.Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We are Legion.

Praetor who?

Just something I thought of. The DG tend to have unimaginative names. Example one of them is named Necrosis or he took that name after becoming a Plague Marine. Can't remember. But I am surprised that there isn't a DG named Anthrax already. The Cowslaughter part came from some WW2 Britbong plot to kill off Germany's cows.

It has to be a taken name, like "Meduson" or "Perturabo".
>The Cowslaughter part came from some WW2 Britbong plot to kill off Germany's cows.
What the fuck?

So if the Legions can nick all of out battle-automata and make them better with their special rulse, how come we Admech players can't use their tanks and such? We do make them, and I'm a little salty about them getting all our toys AND their stuff.
Reposting from 40kg, but I wish GW would do a Schism of Mars set with plastic Thallax, Adsec, a Krios or two Castellax, and a Magos.

Shame they have too much of a boner for space yiffs ATM and they cannot possibly throw a bone to the Admech or SA. Hell, do a SA vs Darkmech kit and have upgrade sprues for the basic troopers to be either SA men or Adsecularis.
Then you get both non-marine armies done and can go back to designing slightly different hats for your Marines and Termies.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vegetarian

Cannot find any pictures of Luna Wolves Attack Reavers, which is sad because they would look amazing in white (SoH have green ones, so i'm assuming they aren't just all black). Are Reavers even a thing for Lunas or is it just Sons of Horus?

They're a Luna thing too.

Actually a thing. We planned to drop infected ordnance on their farms and starve them fast, but the Govenment gave up the plan after seeing how virulent Anthrax is.
There are a couple islands that have only been declared safe a few years ago after they tested the virus on them.

I do like the Army's taste in operation names.

If I had read HH4 I'd comment something about SA MaSade leading a dozen Knights into battle, as well as the SA's battles in Port Maw and Draykavac's journeys.
But I didn't.
I'm waiting on the new IA book, as MontKa didn't satiate my hunger for AdMech.
What the fuck...
By the way, why didn't it proceed? Not that I'm wishing for Germany's death, but that sounded like a winning plan.

It's not that they're unimaginative, it's that the names are taken in honor of things that are considered holy to their beliefs. It's no different from the millions of people named Christopher or Muhammad

Because it's not about you, and you never should have been a part of the Horus Heresy

Do you mix armor marks in your army? In your squads?

Becsuse that would render the meat tainted, no steaks man. Or because maybe the time frame.

Precisely, they work well together and as foes. They can even add the robots to any Legion army, so they get a plastic cookie as well.

They didn't use it because they didn't have a cure and it is ludicrously dangerous. You never use a biological weapon unless you know for sure you can control it, and when your minor test quarantined an island for 50 years it's not something you want to drop on a country.
Knowing how bad anthrax is, it would hardly be much worse if it was an ebola epidemic.

You do need us to fix your shit after your mirror matches though. Also less dull when SOMEONE isn't wearing 3+ armour, and has a large no. of stats at 4. It's our war too, and enough of us are in the fluff to nab ourselves an army.

>In army
Yes
>In squad
Yes
>On a single marine
No

If I wanted a metallic Cherry Red on a Thousand Sons model, what would be the best way to obtain this?

Does anyone have that bit of fluff about SW not liking Contemptors I mentioned it to a friend whos starting with BaC and BoP but I don't know where it's from

To add up on this, this unit gets 3 WS4 S3 AP3, Rending Attack with precision strikes per model on the charge, so usually this amounts to hit on 4+ and to wound on 5+, which is enough to make them good at what they're supposed to do but won't make them undercosted for what they do at 220-250pts.

They didn't go through with it because ANthrax is some fucked up shit bro

Wikipedia says the islands they tested it on were only reclassified as safe for humans to go on in 1990, 45 years after they first tested it

My entire army is in non-production Mk. V

There's literally not a single marine with a complete suit of armour from one mark.

Continung with WW2 bio weapon plans the Americans had Operation Capricious. It did not however involve cows, or Nazis. It involved goats, Nazis, and airplanes.

>army
yes
>squad
no
>on a marine
DEFINITELY NO

I think that's only a 40k thing, they see them as tainted relics of the heresy

Post pics

you scumbag

Sounds like successful Reduction™ to me
Maybe give them Murderous Strike for that Instant Death on a six. Now that'd be headhunting, wouldn't it? Along with the price modifications and enhanced Banestrike and PE(HQ) I proposed.

I believe it's in the Contemptor section in Imperial Armor vol 2, 2nd edition. They were not a fan of the difficulty in maintaining them, so they mostly used the Mars pattern instead.

They had a few contemptors, but ended up going to the marines who did really crazed, fucked up shit. The kind of stuff you'd normally see the Night Lords doing. Even into 40k, the contemptors are given to the real psychos of the chapter and their use is seen as a bad omen for the pack that fights alongside them.

As promised, I'm back with some EC wisdom.

Eidolon should definitely use a jump pack and either hang out with jump pack Palatine Blades or an Assault Squad. It's relatively unique to have a combat-oriented special character that doesn't need a transport, so you really want to take that opportunity when available.
Eidolon also heavily relies on getting the charge to win combats, and with a transport you generally only get one good charge (or none at all if your vehicle blows up) and anything beyond that is circumstantial, but with a jump pack you can quite reliably get multiple charges in one game by quickly moving away from threats and towards targets. You also get the option to easily split off from your unit and chase vehicles with Eidolon while the unit goes after infantry.
Whether you use Palatine Blades or an Assault Squad is up to preference, either glass cannons that take up an elite slot or strength in numbers that can score.
I wouldn't say that it's worth it to add offensive Consuls to a Primarch death star, because you're just making the expensive and super killy blob even more expensive and killy to the point of redundancy. It could be worth it for Curze and Corax who can't get kited in circles like other Primarchs.

That one I had not heard of. A quick google later, and that sounds at least as absurd as the British Special Operations shop in the backroom of a London tailors. They had all their gadgets there, and copies of all the German uniforms to show the top brass.
Hell, they called the SOE the "Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare".

Now I'm imagining a tech-priest attempting to keep shop. All the mannequins are servitors waving out the window.

Mars ie. Castraferrum.

As for Fulgrim's retinues, what you're primarily looking for in a death star retinue for a Primarch is survivability. The Primarch can kick ass on his own, he just needs ablative wounds to keep him from getting shot to death. Your death star's defense either comes through quantity (power armoured marines), quality (terminators) or both (expensive terminators with restricted transport options).

For a budget death star that takes up a total of 8-13 transport capacity I'd go for Veteran Tacticals or Palatine Blades, both with an attached Apothecary.
Veteran Tacticals are cheaper but weaker and with power weapon upgrades they're no longer cheap and get countered easily (power swords and they lose to 2+, power axes and they lose to power swords/lightning claws), so use them only as cheap extra wounds.
Palatine Blades are slightly more expensive but sonic shriekers make units with WS4 base hit Fulgrim on 5+, chosen warriors means they can keep a dangerous opponent busy in challenges while Fulgrim cleans up the chaff and finally, charnabal sabres are VERY strong for their cost.
10 Palatine Blades with charnabal sabres will cause more damage than 5 charging Phoenix Terminators against MEQ, hordes, vehicles, MCs and even against TEQ with 3++/4++, while being cheaper. The only situation where Phoenix Terminators are stronger is against 2+ with 5++ or worse, and in that case only for one combat phase.
I wouldn't recommend an artificer Command Squad because they don't have the numbers of regular marines or the invulns of Terminators and the legion standard is kind of wasted. Similarly, tartaros Command Squads only give you 5 wounds and no FNP, and tartaros Command Squad + Primus Medicae is no longer low budget.

>Hell, they called the SOE the "Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare".
Hey, don't mess with the Alpha Legion-crewed Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. It's my favorite along with the Salamander-operated Petroleum Warfare Department.
And the DG-managed Chemical service and the IW-manned Assault Pioneer regiments & Arditii.

We need art of this.

For a fuckhuge expensive death star, I would recommend regular tartaros Terminators, optionally with a Primus Medicae. Phoenix Terminators are a much more fluffy choice but unfortunately also much worse.
Phoenix Terminators compared to regular ones get WS5, sonic shriekers, stubborn, phoenix spears and their two special rules. Stubborn is made redundant by Fulgrim's fearless, sudden strike is redundant because of EC's new legiones astartes rules (I5 vs. I6 almost never matters), and living icon will rarely come into play alongside Fulgrim (either you win hard, lose hard or you're stuck with fearless dudes).
Getting phoenix spears is almost more of a drawback than an advantage when it comes to hanging out with Fulgrim. You're practically guaranteed to lose against another Primarch/Scoria death star because any damage you do on the charge will get outweighed by fearless followed by multiple turns of fighting with wet noodles while the opponent's retinue takes you out with power fists etc.
You're also very liable to get tarpitted by a single walker, where you need a fair bit of luck for Fulgrim and an optional Primus Medicae with thunder hammer to be able to do damage to it while the Phoenix Terminators stand around looking stupid.
With regular Terminators you get the same survivability for cheaper while also getting flexibility in weapon options. You could for instance go 5 chainfists, 4 lightning claws and a phoenix spear on the sergeant to get AP2 at initiative in that one important challenge, a considerable amount of AP3 shred at initiative to handle MEQ blobs and admech robots before they strike and a considerable amount of anti-tank/anti-TEQ.
Also, it should go without saying that you want tartaros over cataphractii so that you can sweep and run, which is central to EC's playstyle.

Finally, transports.

Transports for 10:
>Dreadclaw - high risk, high reward. Very cheap, get to pick your position after the opponent has deployed and infiltrated, very reliable turn 2 charge, safe even if it blows up BUT very susceptible to get focused down on turn 1 which is risky with such an expensive cargo.
>Land Raider Phobos - decent budget option. AV14 with AC is strong, but not strong enough if your opponent has one of the better anti-tank options. Should be used in conjunction with other medium threat vehicles like Terminators in Dreadclaws, Contemptors, Land Raiders and Sicarans, forcing your opponent to make hard decisions on what to focus.

Transports for 10+:
>Storm Eagle - Maru Skara is required for this to be used, and even then it's not perfect. It's a turn 3 charge at best, and if your opponent has so much as a single weapon with skyfire you can't afford to go into zooming mode and risk suffering the S9AP2 crash which means you'll have to hover in max 12" from a randomized side table edge, which could easily leave you well out of position with your death star.
>Kharybdis - a Dreadclaw for twice the points that's twice the size, twice the capacity and with a bunch of missile launchers thrown in for free. Same benefits, same drawbacks, 2 extra HP won't matter much when you're deep striking close to melta guns, melta bombs, chainfists etc.
>Caestus - doesn't work with Maru Skara since it's heavy support and Fulgrim's re-roll doesn't work on it, would not recommend as a Primarch transport because of its unreliability, even with a Damocles/comms relay it's not guaranteed and game-ruining if they don't come in.
>Spartan - the gold standard. If you don't want to be ballsy with a Dreadclaw/Kharybdis and want more than 10 transport capacity, this is your go-to option. You might as well invest in AC, auxiliary drive, dozer blade and flare shield once you've gone this far, would be stupid to get shot or stuck on terrain with a 1000pts+ melee blob.

Should I mention Operation Underworld? It involves gangsters en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_Lansky
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luciano

Dorn is such a gross Primarch.

Constipated, wrinkly, grey-haired masochist with repressed homo daddy-love.

Now this is some glorious wisdom

Hah. That works better if the logo is a hydra wearing 7 seperate top hats and monocles.
I was just thinking that, but sadly I'm no artist. Maybe I'll ask when the next drawthread comes up.

Odd thing is the SOE included Roald Dahl, Ian Fleming and a few other notables.
Apparently it's where Fleming got the idea for 007.

What I do want for Admech is more tanks. All the ones we have ATM are excellent, but a bit one-dimensional. How about an Admech command vehicle? It could allow cybertheurgy better if Cybernetica, and allow repairs better and more accurate artillery if Reductor. Basic Taghmata could use it to use buff bubbles on surrounding units.

>If I wanted a metallic Cherry Red on a Thousand Sons model, what would be the best way to obtain this?
Silver Base, Cherry Red clear coats on top.

Tamiya Clear Red, Vallejo RC Candy Red, FW Angron Red clear, all of those should do the job.

All best applied with an airbrush of course.

First time I've seen that marine popping his head out of the LR.

Oi, alpharius, it's the iron warriors that are meant to be bitter.

Lost and damned indeed. This is not a good pain.

>as just thinking that, but sadly I'm no artist. Maybe I'll ask when the next drawthread comes up.
Isn't there one up now?

Is anywhere the Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Legions Red Book in digital wersion? Or there are only scans?
In OP links there is Legion Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List.

OK thanks. I was considering getting an airbrush, and this will probably prompt me to get one.

Also, why silver not gold? Surely gold would give a warmer colour?

I believe this is the scan, not the actual digital version

sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html

Note that you can do it without one, it's just comparitively quite a pain to apply the clear red by hand as it's sticky and pools. The metallic undercoat can be applied with a can of spray paint.
>t.I've been doing this exact thing
Also ivory rims are a bitch but look cooler than the gold GW are suggesting instead

Another option would be using a metallic red (Vallejo Model Air Turn Signal Red or Vallejo RC Metallic Red) could also work, but you'd still need a couple of red washes or clear coats to deepen the colour to a nice cherry red.

>sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

Ignore the last one, thats the SA and IM list. Still scan not digi version though.

Ivory rims sound great, any pics?

I have Mechanicum Taghmata Army List in epub, but it don't want convert to pdf, can anyone tell me how to convert this stuff? Also where to upload it?
Also looking for this.

You mean AP3 on 5+, AP2 on 6? This might work as it's shit compared to Marksmen and Scorpius, which are "free".
However, I'm not in favour of Murderous Strike as that would set a precedent for non-HQ units.
PE(HQ) might be good, but that's infringing on the Raven Guard's territory. Maybe they should keep PE(Infantry) which they had in their first iteration, even though Alpharius buffs that.
This could work well with 4+ to hit because let us face it, no true AL player will use a Chaplain.
PE, though, warrants another price increase and they are costly as it is.

>You mean AP3 on 5+, AP2 on 6?
Yes, along with Assault weapon so that user can have his melee headhunters
>PE(HQ) might be good, but that's infringing on the Raven Guard's territory. Maybe they should keep PE(Infantry) which they had in their first iteration, even though Alpharius buffs that.
>However, I'm not in favour of Murderous Strike as that would set a precedent for non-HQ units.
You gotta hunt some heads, user. Whichever is cheaper. Besides, how would you depict a backstab as different from a regular chainsword?

They are melee with PDx2, Banestrike BP, Venom Spheres. Let bolters be optional +5pts/model, C-weapons +10pts/model, Volkite chargers +7pts/model.
Headhunting is done via Rending and Precision Strikes.
As always, AL are a generalist legion so there's no need to make HH character hunters, nor too powerful if we want them balanced, but they should be priced to be viable in small-scale games too, as clandestine operations usually involve as little personnel as possible.

Hell yes. RG didn't have the liberty not to. I have III through VI. Some squads are mixed, some individual marines are mixed, some squads are all of one type of each. It's glorious.

>Let bolters be optional
>Volkite chargers
No, thanks.

Actually, due to BS5
>combi-bolter +7pts/m
>choom charger +10pts/m
>combi-weapon +10pts/m
All bolt weapons include Banestrike ammo, of course.

I like shooty head hunters to be honest. They're supposed to be Seekers+, and every legion has melee killy stuff. Give them all rending shots that allow you to just pick the target like precision shots++

>Veeky Forums in charge of balance
>again

Still bitter about Stranivar and Mezoa?

Just won a Mortarion on eBay lads

congratz

How much?

£36

Nice.

Help me pick a legion guys, I want a small cadre of elite troops backed by expendable warp cults/guardsmen and heavy artilllery.

I'm still too scared to post pics right now, my painting is weak. But will soon, working up to it.

Anyone think non-WB will get access to daemons in the future?

>mk3 marines just arrived in the mail from blessed czechman
my heresy begins today

Probably, warp cults did.

Raven Guard Liberation Force is literally exactly what you want

Dark Angels, but with Artillery and Guardsmen
The poorfag pile doesn't stop from keep getting taller.

Very likely, I can't imagine Battle of Terra without EC/WE/DG going full heresy.

>I wonder if he got scammed by a recaster
>look up eBay sold auctions
>a bunch of super cheap bids won for Mortarion
>like literally multiple bidding auctions ending well below 50% of its MSRP

Haha, these sellers got FUCKED.

How does it make you feel that I have almost 2.5k of Heresy units, and the only piece of resin is the limited edition praetor tribune?

You can get plastic ones for like two bucks a guy. Why would you buy recast Mk III of all things now that Prospero exists?

Praise the Emperor finally a decent piece of Lorgar/WB artwork from the pre-Heresy.

Not him but someone with 2500 of plastic 30k is way more respectable than someone with all recasts.

And I'm not trying to imply that having little toy soldiers is something to be proud of, it's just that recasters are obnoxious and pathetic braggarts who are really just poorfags.

BL also released some Mr. Bitter & friends.

I got u senpai

He looks angry.
>And then there's this faggot, my sons!
>Absolutely disgusting!
I can't think of what his face says more. Did he find the wrong space Craglist's add?
>that marine missing a hand
I want to joke and say Pert ate it out of anger but I feel as if I shouldn't.

What's wrong with his arms?

no they're plastics
i just bought them from a guy in the czech republic

there's also this option

Wonder if people would mind me running 20 plaguebearers, herald and 5 nurgling bases using Militia rules until then? Plaguebearers as Levies, Nurglings as orgyns, and herald as a cult demagogue. Maybe Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh provenance.

Raven Guard or Word Bearers, though the latter are a bit more thematic (I always forget Sacrificial Offering isn't a WB-specific ROW).

I don't think anyone would really care if you used daemons, even if the rules haven't gotten there yet.

if they cared, they wouldn't be playing 30k in the first place

Kicking off from that tidbit out of the last thread what units would you suggest for an assault focused Mechanicum and Questoris Knight army? Specifically I would want a very violent looking army as opposed to a neat an orderly one you might expect from a robot heavy list. I was thinking Ursarax backed up by Thanatars with Gravity Hammers but what else would you suggest?
Obviously Lancers and Acherons for the knights.

Unless your local community consists of diagnosed autists, you'll be fine using them with their actual rules as allies. Nurgle daemons aren't anywhere near a competitive choice, and it's very fluffy and fun.

Yeah, pretty chuffed

It's not like anyone ever actually uses actual zombie models for plague zombies.

Now in Chaos edition for 200% more edge

Why not just use them as demons? Chaos Demons are the only 40k codex that can be used in 30k, just follow the AoD rules and you're set.

I'm a big fan of the vorax models, they're really nasty looking little buggers. And good assault focussed rules. Might make a change from pure ursarax.

Huh, I think not only the Mechanicus holds poses
I don't know. What is it, user?

Dammit Perty is T H I C C

>army

Yes

>squad

Yes

>marine

Only for artificer armor or non production Mk V.

I have some Mk 7 legs and arms on my otherwise Mk4 Knight Errant or command squads for instance. I wanted to give them a more advanced tech look

>Why not just use them as demons?

Only WB and Militia can have daemons as allies.