What is the best cheese to take with you while adventuring

What is the best cheese to take with you while adventuring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RMErg0xkjcs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hard cheese, or stuff with a wax outer coating or rind. Something that's tough for things to grow on or sealed in to keep things out.

Of course, the hardest kinds of cheeses need to be melted a bit over fire to make them edible.

I think we all know the best cheese for adventuring with.

I prefer a Cheshire cheese. Young, it's rather crumbly, but aged Cheshire is hard enough to withstand the traveling lifestyle of an adventurer. It keeps well, has a good taste, and can easily be melted down into a sauce or use in camp cooking.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you preserve a cheese wheel once it's been cut open in an adventuring situation?

Magic excluded, of course.

Wax.

Melt a candle over the exposed part?

>What is the best cheese to take with you while adventuring.
Wizards, probably.

>not CoDzilla
>not Pun-Pun
Man, do you even cheese?

Oh, smoked gouda.

You do not re-melt wax over cheese. You use grease-soaked cloth.

Parmesan. A hard cheese for a hard voyage.

Cloth and cutting the moldy parts off.

AGDQ...nice...I prefer Cheese05 though....

Godspeed, Captain Murphy.

>Hate Bleu Cheeses
>Love Smokehaus Blue
explain this

here, have this.

>/tgck/
i can dig

Smoked cheese everyday.

Came here to post this. You can't top Lancre Blue.

I need this in my life. There's monks who drink lacquer when they decide it's time for them to die, so that they preserve their bodies forever. I will do the same with the fat of cheese. My arteries will harden to stone, and I will stand forever as my own statue; a monument to my love of cheese.

Gouda

Those are 3.PF cheese. They came and went, but Wizards remain the same throughout editions

Also Simulacrum in 5e is the only way to get infinite spell slots or wishes.

I suggest you move to the south of france

Sounds like a good plan. Maybe I'll start an Order of cheese hedonists while I'm at it.

I thought raclette was just the name of this thingy my French wife makes mini pizzas on.

Suffolk Cheese

A thrice-skimmed cheese that can survive half a decade.

And, like the oaken shelf whereon 'tis laid,
Mocks the weak efforts of the bending blade;
Or in the hog-trough rests in perfect spite.
Too big to swallow, and too hard to bite !

>pizzas
...well it does mean "little slice"

GO FOR IT.

HAVE NO SHAME IN YOUR FETISH

I HAVE NO SHAME IN MINE

DO IT FAGGOT

and if you could, find the guy running Blood brew while your at it...I need a copy of his notes to adapt into my document

Parmesan.

Lasts basically forever.

I'm pretty sure OP meant as provisions, not as the party's chaotic neutral loose cannon.

Iberian cheeses are incredible.

You're about a thousand years late to the party on that one m80

This seems vaguely relevant.

Anything from the Grate/Crumble family. It lasts the longest. Parmesans, etc. I would personally choose Pecorino Romano due to it being part of the daily ration of Roman troops.

t. Former Cheesemonger

P.S. blues don't last long and bloomy cheeses such as brie last for very little time out of refrigeration.

How clean was your cheese shop

>Blues don't last long

But what am I supposed to eat with my port?

The hell I am.

Comté, all day, every day. 36 months old if possible.

It's still pretty good when there's mold on it.

Wouldn't the grease turn rancid?

Dick cheese. You can go around offering it to fair maidens all over the realm.

I'm saying relatively speaking. It still lasts a while.
You could still use it, it just usually lasts a little less time than most cheeses.

Cheese user, are you still here?

I feel like there will never be any better opportunity for Veeky Forums to learn about dairy solids.

this is really poorly designed. Since one cheese can go with multiple wines and there's more cheeses than wines, why not put cheese round the outside and wines in the middle?

Also, would it kill the person who made it to colour code or something. I don't buy cheese to match my wine, I buy wine to match my cheese.

2/10

Wasn't that basically Epicurus' thing? I think it was him who was obsessed with cheese...

No. He liked cheese, but eating wasn't the ultimate pleasure for him.

Depends alot on how they are stored - a good potted stilton will last for months

You dig Veeky Forums cock?

Postan for bread thread.

Aaaaaand number two.

>it's still pretty good when there's mold on it
That's true of most hard cheeses. Just scrape the moldy layer off and enjoy.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people see a spot of green on a wedge of cheese and just toss it all in the bin.

just produce your own dick cheese while travelling

Is Europe the greatest cheese continent in the world?

Cheesecake.

youtube.com/watch?v=RMErg0xkjcs

Casu Marzu

Some one literally just took some cheese that they accidentally left out and when "Eh, fuck it. New type of cheese. Wounder how many people I can dupe with this."

Sardinia the biggest island in the world was a mistake

Bless you, user

Casu marzu.
A.K.A. maggot cheese.

You have just described the base of culinary arts.

>Casu marzu

Yummy nummy cheesy maggots!

Dame peasant that shit was fire.

Sardinia why?

Cantal or Edam. Basically any hard cheese that's been dried/smoked/sealed in wax will do.

>2016
>being a Nurgle cultist

Interestingly, rancid is a process totally unrelated to rotting.

Fat going rancid? It's basically the same thing as metal getting rusted. Not metaphorically--they're both oxidization. Keep it in low air flow, out of light, and it takes months. Yeah: fat goes rancid. But really slowly. It's not a bacterial thing. Bacteria just doesn't grow on fat. It doesn't rot, either. Or it does, but incredibly-slowly.

I swear nobody ever says just casu marzu. Is the actual full name "casu marzu AKA maggot cheese"?

for some reason I can imagine a paladin keeping a pouch of this stuff to boost morale, possibly melting it over every meal he or his party eats.

I see you trying to pull /pol/ shit here. Please go to Veeky Forums for full effect.

A sharp cheddar

Right? Everyone who has ever read a book is well-aware that cheese-quality is, undeniably, Semitic.

It's an historical fact. "Your rup" is just faggy, anglophile shit. Cheese goes like this: Ethiopian, Sumerian, Egyptian, Assyrian, Israeli, Greek, Roman, Arabian, Arabian, Arabian, European, American.

I'm serious. It ain't gonna work

Another question, what would you take as a cheese alternative if you, for example didn't like the hard dairy?

I hear pemmican was good high protein trail food.

>Swissmar
Cheesehammer Fantasy reboot confirmed.

It's called Casgiu merzu and it's Corsican! Don't confuse them, it's totally different.
It's exactly the same thing.
Don't say that to a Corsican.

Mah nigga. For those who don't know, Cheshire cheese is similar to a cheddar that is extremely dense and flavorful.

I hope it's not /pol/ this time, because then they would be even more short-sighted. Europe has the cheese because Europe is where lactose tolerance happened.

>What is the best cheese to take with you while adventuring.
I usually prefer D-wraiths but scatbikes aren't bad if you are in a hurry

I just got back from a trip adventuring from Friesland (north Holland) to Munchen (Munich), and I can attest to the lasting power of smoked gouda. One pound of it wrapped wax paper and stored in a paper bag in my backpack lasted me the entire two week trip, no refrigeration necessary.

oh hi there Veeky Forums

Like, really heavy really sharp cheddar? I can dig.

Mozzarella, motherfucker

American Cheese, conveniently individually wrapped for freshness.

>processed with aluminum
enjoy your Alzheimers

Enjoy your mold.
I'll be eating my processed non-cheese substitute

As a cheese that's terrible, but I can't see that shit ever actually going off - anyone know if it does?

Any kind of hardcheese with high amounts of fat but smoked cheese of any softer kind would also be my go to cheese for long trips.

It does, eventually.

I bought some once and never used most of it (because it's horrible). I forgot it at the back of the fridge and two years later, I moved to a new house and found that it had molded while I was clearing out the fridge.

>hauskyzja
>set aside cottage cheese cheese for a couple of days till it smells as if something died in it
>fry
It lasts surprisingly long

How horrifying.

So, presumably the harder cheeses you're suggesting you just hack a chunk off and eat by itself, right?

Probably have someone complain if your character makes a sandwich in a fantasy setting or something.

>people never ate stuff on bread before the term sandwich was coined

When wil these memes die?

Excellent taste.

People would've complained that it was a culinary equivalent of kids mashing food together. You don't see people dumping meatloaf into cake or dumping pasta on pizza.

Sure people might have done it as a joke, but until someone with significance doesit, it wwon't be considered the norm

People have been eating meat between two pieces of bread for at least 2000 years, they just weren't called sandwiches yet.

Wensleydale

Haha, my friend of african descent!

Seriously though, Wensleydale is quite a crumbly cheese, probably wouldn't hold up well to travel.