dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Zkcl1hq4bg
regimental-standard.com/2016/11/10/the-abhuman-and-you/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST FOR DARK ELDAR

Can I play with a majority Tau suit army (some fire warriors to support) if I don't take anything bigger than a Ghostkeel without being that guy?

Is one OSC at 1500 points too strong? When would it be more tolerable? 2000?

I just want Wyches to be good.

>tfw no Cult of Strife supplement

How do we work 2hu into 40/30k?

You go to a different board or thread.

Question: if you order some stuff to your local GW store, do they keep it there indefinitely until you come get it? I wanna get that CSM Sorcerer from Made To Order, but I'll be out of the country around the time it should be arriving.

Got a question about DELDAR

Should I be painting them before I glue the miniatures together? I tried with one and had trouble with some parts.

Do a dryfit and leave the bothersome bits unglued.

a dryfit?

How about:

Youkai = daemons (unaligned)
Gods = chaos gods
Witches/Shrinebitches = psykers
Gensokyo = containment subspace somewhere at the border between realspace and the warp
Raymoo = emperor's bastard daughter

If you are a regular and the employee is cool probably, its a case to case basis.

Why don't you arrange someone to pick it up for you and get it when you come home.

Do chaos spell familiars share the same bases as the sorcerer? I know the combat familiars do thanks to 1d4chan but I dont if spell senpaitachi function the same way.

why do tau exist

Use poster gum, blutac or whatever.

Lets you check poses before you commit.

How about Cancer, Cancer, Cancer, Cancer, Cancer.

No more (you)s for you

I glue everything except the arms on and it usually let's me paint everything I need to get at, I paint the guns on the sprue aswell so I've got something to hold on to. I'm not the best painter though but it makes it easier for me.

There's a market

Annoying perhaps, but it's nowhere close to optimal if you want guard to be as "good" as they can be. You can only call in artillery from 18" of a vox. If the DEldar player took the appropriate actions against an iG army, it'd be wrecked.

The list combined with the positioning, especially of the veterans, betrays a lack of understanding in how guard work.

Agreed, I was late to the party with them just as they got nerfed but love the idea and models. I'll have to settle for harlequins bringing the close quarter blood bath.

Thanks for the tips guys appreciate it! Can't paint anymore today (fucking forgot to buy a fine detail brush and a few key paints) but hopefully i will have some pics tomorrow.

Is this on their website? I can only see sold out guard stuff.

You can go full Farsight, so long as you leave a few weak points.

Suggestions: Centralise all your markerlights. Mine are generally 7 in one unit, with a single one able to split fire. This leaves the possibility my opponent might eliminate my marker support, and forces me to Mont'ka: Focus on eliminating a few key threats at a time. I only ever have extra Markers if I take Remora drones.

2: Strictly 1 riptide or variant per 1000. No superheavy suits. One looks and fluffs like ass and the other is £250 anyhow, you don't need 'em.

3: No OSC, but take the stealth suits anyhow. They're decent at anti-horde, but still points-inefficient enough compared to some of your other options to lower your optimisation a bit.

In the players defense he doesn't really play them much and is still getting a feel for them, he'll learn I'm sure.

So I want my Dark Angels list to be good but not crazy cheesy so I am sticking away from 2+ Jink Saves

How would this list do against other Space Marine, Space Wolves, Chaos Daemons, Tau and Dark Eldar lists?

I am building this list to try and use my Dark Talon

CAD:
HQ: Lvl2 Biker Lib (110)
Elite: Five Man Ravenwing Command Squad with RW Banner and Apothecary (250)
Troops: 2 Ten Man Tactical Units in Rhinos with Combi-Melta and Melta Gun (195)

RWAS:
Full Bike Squadron with 2 Melta Guns, Combi-Melta, Multi-Melta Attack Bike (235)
Ravenwing Landspeeder with 2 Multi-Meltas (75)

RWSF:
HQ: Lvl2 Biker Lib w/ Shroud of Heroes (120)
Fast Attack: 4 Black Knights (160) and a Dark Talon (160)
If my opponent doesn't want to face a flier I can swap out the Dark Talon for four more Black Knights to take its place.

1500/1500

Is the shroud of heroes worth it for the RWSF Lib or would I be better off giving the CAD Lib a Combi-Melta and stick it with the Attack Squadron bike squad.

Should my outflanking Librarian be with the second strike forces black knights or alone with its shrouded to work its way to the second librarian and command squad?

So this is my first paint job in about 4 years, really basic and I'm not sure I like the colours but I thought I would share it and ask for some advice.

Go as rough as you feel like

No yeah I don't mean to talk shit, but the guy I was talking with is making it seem like your friend brought the end-all-be-all of guard, and to me it kinda just looked like a new guard player that wanted to try their historic strengths (artillery/Wyverns and heavy armour) out

As that DEldar player, what was the appropriate action? I used my venoms to clear a path and scare off the vets/remove vox and tried to make his artillery snapfire but ravager rolls sucked ass, 2 bike squads died before they got to do anything and the 3rd killed a basilisk then died.

Backdrop, Crop, rotate, resize.

...you highlighted silver with light blue.

Kill those who insult touhou.

Anybody ever used the Arvus Lighter at all? I know it's renowned for being a terrible flyer, but I'm interested in using it as deep strike platform for metla/heavy flamer veterans, and I'd like to know if my idea is really dumb or just slightly dumb

>(1.86 MB, 4032x3024)
>Go as rough as you feel like

RESIZE AND ROTATE

>Al this flat ass blue .

Is his dick flap supposed to be glowing.

Why would you edge his face and stuff in that blue thought seriously.

Also your eyes are obviously spilling over.

Its probably fine for table top though so who gives a shit.

Yeah I figured that wasn't the best idea, what would you suggest with this colour scheme? I was thinking of changing some of the highlights to orange.

Yeah I forgot to buy a fine detail brush, I was planing on redoing most of the details when I acquire that. How would you suggest making the blue POP more

Maybe eee give the silver a wash/glaze of purple or green aaaand I'd suggest giving them a wash before you give it another even lighter thinner edge highlight of the blue?

Good ideas, i will pick up a purple tomorrow and try that out thanks.

Because faggots exist.

Take this, and then go to /WIP/ You need more help that a few posts here can offer so no reason to bloat this thread.

Silver should be all silver, black or purple wash, then silver again.

Blue should have an intermediate in the middle. You've gone from dark to lightest. Wash the first layer of blue, then a middle blue, then the edge highlight of lightest blue.

That cloth should be a completely different colour.

Not what you're looking for, but I played a narrative mission that used one. It's very expensive for what it can do and was annihilated by a Hyperios battery. Good game though.

Awwwww yeah, we posting Dark Eldar?
Here's papa. Little buddy Cronos is up next, but no pictures of Talos, it's a WIP.

How many models have you done? You should thin the paints mang.

If you're thinking blue and silver with orange spot colour I'd try...

>Base it white
>add a thinned blue paint starting from the bottom of each armour plate up leaving a bit at the tops
>then use a thinned orange on the top bits
>add another thinned coat of blue to the bottom again
>edge highlight the orange with a lighter orange
>wash it with nuln oil
> final highlight on the blue bits with light blue
>final highlight on Orange
>paint accessories silver, wash with nuln then edge a bit light silver.

Might be a lot of steps but you wanna try and make the blue blend into the orange.
For the eyes my SM friend recommends painting/leaving the primed bit white and adding a glaze/wash rather than trying to paint it. I'd recommend Green.

2/2

thanks man im saving this to try tomorrow!

Dark Eldar thread for a change? Fine with me.

How would you go about converting a Drazhar model? I like the current one but I'm looking for a more modern take on him like his art.

Man I remember when these were cool to see and not posted every other thread.

Good work still.

Whats your whole army look like?

its
thiccc

Well, I've only got those 2, the 2 Archons and my Kabalites done so far. Talos is on the WIP table. Next I might do a Venom or the scourges.

oh, duh, I'm dumb... I was sort of looking at them as drop pod equivalents, but forgot that they don't have the special rules that mean you can disembark the same turn you deep strike... damn.

I'm not a pro painter or anything I jus get stuff to table top standard, this is my disclaimer incase it goes horribly! Best of luck though man.

Here's my table top models, the Llamean is a fuck up cuz I'm terrible at skin (I've since changed to painting eshen grey, washing carroburg crimson and then highlighting with a 25:75 white:grey mix)

Archons

I'd say a less bulky looking version of the Incubi armor. Maybe even in the pose of that picture. All I know is that I want him posed during a flourishing strike or something.

Oh my god it's Dark Eldar General!

I got my first few 750 pts games in with five units of warriors in venoms. and Lhaem in a Venom. Then I have my unit of seven scourges with four Haywire Blaster.

Is khorne daemonkin fun to play with and against? Is it moderately competitive?

Rate my retarded Corsairs/DEldar idea. I have all of the models except the DE stuff.

1000/1000
Formation: Dark Artisan (395)
>Cronos (125 pts) - Spirit Probe
>Haemonculus (135 pts) - Flesh Gauntlet, Panacea Perverted, Webway Portal
>Talos (135 pts) - Ichor Injector, T-L Heat Lances

Corsair CAD (605)
>Prince (125 pts) - Jet Pack, Shadow Field, Void Sabre, Seeker of Forbidden Pleasures
>Malevolent Band (115 pts) - Jet Packs, Combat Drugs
>Reaver Band (95 pts) - Jet Packs, 2x Fusion Gun, 3x Brace of Pistols
>Reaver Band (85 pts) - Jet Packs, 2x Flamers, 3x Brace of Pistols
>Reaver Band (85 pts) - Jet Packs, 2x Flamers, 3x Brace of Pistols
>Hornet (100 pts) - 2x Pulse Laser, Kinetic Shroud, Void Burners

tl;dr Pinpoint-deep striking Distraction Carnifex + A bunch of deepstriking and/or just Jet Packing around dudes

If you're trying to recreate that pose, Lelith's model is already posed like that. I don't know if you could splice her model with an incubi model, make your own split Khlaives?

What happened in the games, were they any good?
Pretty sure a Valkyrie allows that.

They're assumed to, but if you want to model them separately that's cool but the familiar's model counts as not being there for game purposes.

malevolents are garbage
take another hornet

I like them so far tbqh, they're basically 10 extra wounds for the Prince and as long as you fly away from all of your other dudes the Ld thing doesn't get a chance to fuck you.

Also I wouldn't have anywhere to put the Prince then and it's not like he's super tough on his own without a bike. I've only played 3 games as Corsairs so far though so I could be retarded.

I think I might use this as a base, while maybe cutting Shadowblade off of the rock so it's just him on foot. I'm sure I can kitbash some other DEldar bits to make the arms and swords too, and mold an Incubus helmet to be slightly different from the norm.

I have his old model but I want a new project just for the hell of it.

Pro-tip: Reaver bikes can double as Corsair Cloud Dancer bands which are fucking sweet.

I FUCKING love the Shadowblade model. I bought a recast one because it was 5 bucks for DnD and other tabletops. Came out great, but I used gesso to prime it and it got lumpy. I plan to strip it soon...

Sweet army, user, ttq's as far as I go too so no need for a disclaimer when so many field unpainted armies. 10/10 would enjoy playing your army.

It is very dynamic and damn good. I'm just sad I didn't get to enjoy it much before the End Times shit. I have one for my Dark Elf army but I guess I'll grab another for Drazhar. The more I look at it the more I realize it'd probably work pretty well.

its cool and can be good in a non tournament environment.

Cronos is fine
Haemonculus I prefer scissor hands and the Nightmare doll
Talos I prefer chain flails

Do you face a lot of monstrous creatures/Riptides at 1000 points? because otherwise I feel the instant death is a little overkill on them and taking shred/rending is better. Just my personal choice though.

I'm looking to get into corsairs myself so I won't comment heavily on your choices there but It seems like you've got a nice balance of anti armour and anti Infantry, not sure i agree with the path your prince has took for only him and 1 unit to take drugs but I know points are tight.

CSM get three goddamn supplements, and Deldar can't get anything to support the Arenas. At least the Haemmy book is decent.

>CSM filled with supplements
>none of them are remotely good enough to satisfy raging Chaosfags' incessant bitching
>DE get literally one supplement
>Nearly no complaints

I don't play the actual game, I just collect/paint the stuff and keep up with the lore. Is the Haemonculus Covens book bad? I thought I heard it was pretty decent.

Thanks man, my vehicles are much more blended than the troops, here's my tantalus part painted. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

No, it's the only competative DE thing going.

I like jet packs for fluff/looks reasons. But yeah I was planning on getting some eventually. The fluff I made up for my pirate elves is tl;dr there are multiple Princes within the fleet but the head dude is from Saim-Hann and left his Wildrider Clan because his older brother became Chief and this made him salty as fuck. So I wouldn't mind converting some bike guys to use.

A friend of mine fields a single Riptide which has been exceptionally annoying to kill in my experience. We usually only play 1000 or 1250 points. I will consider looking into shred/rending instead though. Basically the point of the Distraction Carnifex unit is to be specialized towards 1) not dying 2) killing hard targets/MCs and 3) killing elite-but-not-just-one-guy targets, in that order. I haven't playtested any DE stuff at all though so I could be doing it wrong, thanks for the pointers.

Regarding the Prince's paths, I considered a number of them and have tested different ones. I like the combat drugs but admittedly they are better when applied to more units; however, the problem with them is that I have found MSU generally works way better for Corsairs, but the drugs are a flat price and more efficient with larger units. They're one of the few paths that doesn't have any real drawbacks... even if only the Prince is taking them, it's basically free stuff. I also like Reaper of the Outer Dark for a similar reason.

My opinion is that the Corsairs Raiding Fleet Company Coterie benefits are where you really get your specialization from, and usually that's what I run. At 1000 points with an allied detachment/formation I figure it would be best to run a CAD instead to avoid the Baron tax, but otherwise the Coteries are generally more important.

I was going to write out a list of my experiences with the different Prince obsessions but it went over 2000 characters so fuck it.

It's got some good stuff but I wouldn't make an entire list out of it.

The Corpsetheif Formation is 5 Talos in a squad that grants an extra victory point when it wipes out a unit/strips 3 hull points off a super heavy and starts with scout.

It's ok, but it becomes a different playstyle completely.

>Tantalus
I'm jealous

>youtube.com/watch?v=7Zkcl1hq4bg

I've just come to accept that DE are bad but there was one thing that annoyed me.
>if you want to play a kabal you have an archon to be your HQ and kabalites to be your troops
>wytch cults have succubus HQs and wytches to be their troops
>heamonculi coverns have heamonculi HQs and...
They made fucking Wracks elite, why?!

The suppliment fixed that but I wish the formations were not so restrictive.

Fuck I want one of these so badly

Well done

Also does anyone have the PDF for the hammy covens?

the valkyrie allows people to deep strike out of it. But if they scatter, they have to make dangerous terrain tests.

Since this is a Deldar thread, I'll repost my mostly finished first SC! Box.

>Still have 1 more
>and scourges
>and a venom
>and a succubus
>and wyches

Guess I need more Venoms and scourges. Maybe I'll grab another SC box.

My apologies if it's missing anything, I haven't looked at it in a while. I think I remember it being complete though.

It's transport capacity is 5 isn't it?

Where do you guys get your DE bits?

>Haywire Blasters
>Reaver helmeted heads
>Heat Lances

These are in demand everywhere and places are charging $10+ for 2 fucking heads. Fuck. Pls halp.

Ayyy I remember you from a few recent threads, user. I really don't think you need 3 SC! boxes. Maybe I am wrong.

>tfw based Splinter Racks + Splinter Cannon Raider gunboat strategy is kill because of FAQs

I'm still pissed that GW won't own up to fucking up the Orbs of Despair with a typo.

12 for an arvus lighter, 6 for an aquilla lander.

Fair enough! The talos is Killy enough that it's going to rip wounds off a riptide anyway after the Haemy has swung at it, and you've always got the cronos to finish the job. I can't wait to get some Corsairs of my own going but I'll be going deldar heavy with them as allies rather than the other way.

I love the model but I'm struggling to find a place for it in game due to the weird capacity. I bought it originally thinking I could put a Grotesquery inside but multiple units prohibited because it's not super heavy. If the Duke was still around I'd definitely make it a super poison gun boat but alas, for now it's just a disintegrators platform then is H U G E

Don't get mad but I ordered 30 blasters from China, they're near perfect quality... people get mad when you say you order stuff from them though.

I bought two talos/chronos boxes and used the spare bits to convert my weapons.
The bits are in such redicilous high demand because everyone wants haywire scourges, it's the done thing with a DE army.

SHIT THAT HAS TO GO:
Haywire glance on 2+
Grav, period
Lords of War (super heavies and gargants)
Rerollable saves, at all, ever
Most rerollable anything
Vast majority of Ignores Cover options and weapons
Most models/options with 3++
Feel no Pain being so widely available

What else Veeky Forums

This is what I did with my Scourges. Used the bits from the Haywire Blasters in those boxes and converted the guns. Bam. WYSIWYG scourges.

Thinking of making my DELDAR army orange and purple with some white

What do you guys think? I was thinking something like this, but since I don't have any mandrakes I probably won't do any purple skin

Well it's not like GW is going to send you 30 Blasters if you tried to order from them anyway.

I can see Recasts in the case of buying weapons bits or things that are no longer made.

It's just whole models and things still in production that I find issue with.

It fits 16, right? A big unit of Grotesques with attached Haemy would fit. No Grotesquerie benefits though which is shitty.

I mostly like the model for the idea of completely obliterating large SM infantry units in 1 volley lel

Yeah that's understandable, I think Corsairs and DE compliment each other decently. I've been thinking a lot about how the synergies could work lately, and had some fun ideas.

>Jetpack infiltrating quasi-Rangers with Longrifles + a fuckton of Mandrakes
2muchinfiltration4u
>Reavers + Cloud Dancer heavy weapon platforms + various skimmers on each side (Ravagers + Corsair/CWE tanks) + troops in Venoms
we fast now, fuck saim-hann

etc. It's an interesting (and fluffy) Allies combo either way.

charging on T1 (GSC/Skyhammer)
Summoning units with free upgrades (GSC)
Elder jet bike rule, or at least reduction of scatter lasers to heavy 3 or str 5 (eldar)

Agreed, I mainly use it for extra, singular parts that if have to buy entire units for I. e. Scourge wings, Reaver heads, blasters

regimental-standard.com/2016/11/10/the-abhuman-and-you/

>Distinction should be made between Ogryns, and warriors from death worlds such at Catachan – failure to do so, may result in Catachan-fang-related injury.

Well, more raiders, Reavers, and warriors, can't hurt. Hell, the Reavers alone are $40, and the Raider is $38. Might as well grab some free warriors.

I prefer raiders to Venoms, but I understand why Venoms are better.

I'm actually debating grabbing 3 more boxes of scourges for the bits. That's gives me a full suite of weapons, and enough to flesh out 10 man squads of Scourges if I wanted. Hell, I could have a full set of Blasters, Heat Lances, AND Haywires on the table. I like the idea of DL scourges dancing around cover from 36" away, but that'll never work.