Chaos Orks?

Can orks fall to the Chaos gods? Surely greenskins have been duped in the past into serving Chaos. Are there any instances of this happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tuskahttp://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tuska
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Codex: Daemonhunters has nurgle orkz

Holy shit it's Gork N Mork

>sane and sensible orks

>being this wrong
it's obviously Mork and then Gork

>mork den gork
NO YOU GROT ITZ GORK DEN MORK
GORKAMORKA
SEE DATS DA RIOGHT WAY.

>Surely greenskins have been duped in the past into serving Chaos. Are there any instances of this happening?

I don't think any duping is needed nor nessecary; Orks seem like the kind of blokes who'd willingly worship Khorn with no qualms or issues.

Though not explicitly stated to be under the sway of Khorne, there was once a warboss who used a ton of weirboys to teleport his WAAAGH into the eye of terror, and fought through various planets, finally landing on a khornate world and slaughtering them until the daemons finally overcame them through numbers. Khorne was so impressed, he claimed their souls, and rose them from the grave, forcing them to repeat the battle several times. He became so pleased with them, that he eventually teleported them into his personal realm, to fight undying amongst his daemons for eternity.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tuskahttp://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tuska

Long story short: Yes, it is possible, but orks as a group are remarkably remarkable to corruption or subversion, because any subverted/corrupted orks will be viewed as 'un-orky' and killed by their fellows. Successful subversion of orks needs to be either very gradual or absolutely overpowering.

is that ork heaven?

>not worshiping Dork
ITZ LOIK YA GITZ DON EVEN KNO WHA YEAR IT BE

Probably my favorite 40k story.

Pretty much.

"Told ya I knew where da best fightin was"
-Tuska the Demonkilla

Khorne owns his soul. If he wanted, he would have him and his boys reborn as Chaos Orks.

I doubt that Khorne owns his soul and actually can resurrect Tuska, because Gork and Mork protect souls of Orks. What is going on there is probably Khorne rewinding time to make it so Tuska haven't died and redo the fight over and over again.

I keep comming back to this topic over and over again. Why orks would worship any of chaos [s]gods[/s] gits?

> Slaanesh
Orks don't like arts and reproduce asexually : the only thing their society can have in overabundance is violence.
>Tzeentch
Orks planning complex schemes? Pheh, right. Make no mistake, orks are not dumb, they can make good use of tactics and diversions, even sabotage operations (Kommandos and Blood axes), they are not capable of puppeteering others.
> Nurgle
Orks are very resistant to deseases, because, well, they are fucking orks. They probably can get overwhelmed by some top notch nurgle gifts, but they will simply die from it, not turn into nurgle worshippers. Its simple, papa Nurgle wants your constant despair and grief and orks are incapable of it.

>Khorne
Oh boy, here we go. At first it makes sense for orks to be Khorne worshippers, since orks like pointless violence. But here is the breaking deal : orks are too unorganized to do all the complex shit like proper battle rituals and scull collecting; also unlike Khorne followers who'd prefer to have a challenging fight with equal opponent, orks just want to hit and win.

TLDR: Chaos fans, please stop trying to shoehorn other races into chaos. This whole "I'm in yo base , corrupting your doodes" thing is silly. I swear, I've seen someone discussion how nids could be corrupted if given enough time.

I was betrayed by google: I was promised that I'd get a crossed out text with [s][/s]. Dirty lies.

orks get belched back into new bodies after they die

Chaos and genestealer corruption is rarer in orks than in other species because of the wanton violence

It's a 3 step program
>Ork gets corrupted
>Ork acts funny and sets off the alarms for other boyz
>Other Orks beat the corrupted Ork to death

If they all get hit simultaneously or khorne gets involved it's a different story though

Yeah im not sure why Veeky Forums does not support strikethrough

Oh bot here comes the retarded Orkfanboys.

>I doubt that Khorne owns his soul and actually can resurrect Tuska, because Gork and Mork protect souls of Orks. What is going on there is probably Khorne rewinding time to make it so Tuska haven't died and redo the fight over and over again.

Nope, Khorne owns their souls and he is the one recreating them.

>Orks planning complex schemes? Pheh, right. Make no mistake, orks are not dumb, they can make good use of tactics and diversions, even sabotage operations (Kommandos and Blood axes), they are not capable of puppeteering others.

In Blood Quest, a Tzeentchian Daemon Lord possess an Ork warboss. Possession cannot happen unless the host gets corrupted first.

>Orks are very resistant to deseases, because, well, they are fucking orks.

No, they are not. The hardy but they are not that resistant to plague of any kind especially not to the Nurglite varity. In fact, the CSM codex has an entire Ork warband that got infected and fell to Nurglite corruption. They are called the Green Death.

What Nurgle wants is to spread disease and decay all over the galaxy. The Orks are great vectors for this.

>Oh boy, here we go. At first it makes sense for orks to be Khorne worshippers, since orks like pointless violence. But here is the breaking deal : orks are too unorganized to do all the complex shit like proper battle rituals and scull collecting; also unlike Khorne followers who'd prefer to have a challenging fight with equal opponent, orks just want to hit and win.

Khornate Orks were shown in numerous sources old and new from FFG, BL, and GW.

>also unlike Khorne followers who'd prefer to have a challenging fight with equal opponent, orks just want to hit and win.

Absolutely false and shows bad knowledge of the Orks. Orks seek out powerful opponents all the time. The Ork have a primal need to prove his himself to be superior to anything in front of him.

Ya 'eard 'em, boys. Kill any ork dat looks funny. All the ones with no scaly bits, only two arms, no claws and no pointy tongues.

cont'ed.

I will see this without spoilers because I want not coward piece of shit like that Ork faggot fanboy. L2fluff and don't throw your headcanon as fluff. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you get to lie about it. It's not "Chaosfags/fans" that "shoehorning anything. This is established fluff that shows that Orks like every other species out there can be corrupted by Chaos. Get it you green faggot or you want to show you some sources to embarrasses you?

>unorganized to do all the complex shit like proper battle rituals and scull collecting; also unlike Khorne followers who'd prefer to have a challenging fight with equal opponent

Nice fanon you got there, user.

Next you'll tell me Russ is a tractor and Baneblade a light tank.

>papa Nurgle wants your constant despair and grief

I thought Nurgle loved his followers and freed them from feel any pain or effects of illnesses.

Posting sources of Orks succumbing to Nurglite diseases.

>620.M39 The Dust War

>On the edges of the Ork Empire of Octarius the Death Guard and the Overfiend’s hordes fight over the Urgorn Dust Cloud. A vast asteroid field of psychokinetic rock, the cloud coalesces around the space hulks and scrap-fortresses of the Orks, creating tiny worlds with micro-atmospheres. The Terminus Est wreaks havoc by infecting the environments with its Warp-fly miasma, the ship choking their tiny atmospheres with the bodies of billions of insects. Orks die in their millions, their green corpses bursting into rotting puddles of virulent disease. Yet the war rages on for months as more and more of the aliens spill out of the Octarius Empire looking for a good fight.

Also (picture related) and the picture from the Daemonhunter codexover here

Nurgle loves his kids, but his mortal followers are a gloomy bunch. Nurgle daemons inherit his jolly disposition. Meanwhile plaguebearers are somber drones who shuffle about, since they're made from mortals.

Only after great suffering and pain is endured. And he doesn't really free them. They are driven to such madness that the pain just becomes a background buzz.

Khorne and Nurgle yes
Slaanesh and Tzeentch no

>nids being corrupted by Chaos

Literally the only race it makes sense to be immune to it.

>SLAANESH IS ALL ABOUT SEX

I'm so tired of this meme

Speed Freeks would make perfect slaaneshi Orks. The Kult of Speed is all about going fast to fucking EXCESS. And that is the key word with Slaanesh. EXCESS.

>Here we go with the Green Death story again
Got infected - yes. Fell to corruption - why do you think so?

Did they start worshipping Nurgle or summon daemons willingly? Everything Green Death story tells us is that orks attacking planet were eating dead and alive enemies because they were suffering from horrible hunger. Its like there was a parasite(in this case nurglings) inside them that needed nutrition to grow. They did not become Nurgle worshippers because of this.

>The Ork have a primal need to prove his himself to be superior to anything in front of him.
Yet if there was a simple method of easily crumpin` his opponent, like dakka or a backstab, an ork would not hesitate to use it rather than have a head to head fight. Although this probably varies from an ork to another ork.

>Nope, Khorne owns their souls and he is the one recreating them.
Orks there die every day there and release spores. Then Khorne probably bends time so spores can mature quikly to make new bodies and Tuska's boyz souls come back there simply because there are no other bodies nearby to reincarnate in since they are so deep in an eye of terror. This could be done by G `n M duo and not Khorne. We have no evidence that its not them, so your guess is as good as mine. Ultimately its Khorne who reaps the benefits of Tuska's Valhalla, while Gork and Mork are too stubborn to give a soul of such stubborn ork boss to Khorne.

>Tzeentchian Daemon Lord possess an Ork warboss. Possession cannot happen unless the host gets corrupted first.
Corrupted like - swears his allegiance to Tzeentch?

I've noticed how Chaos fanbase treats other races fans, maybe other fanbases should start returning the favour? You people are making me sick with your elitism sometimes.
>like every other species out there can be corrupted by Chaos.
Are you the same person that claimed that nids could get corrupted?

Well, same could be said about dakka. but note that its not excess only, its excess and perfection; now can you imagine orks going for perfection? Also I did mention art and overabundance in my post , I know that slaanesh is not all about orgies.

>Slaanesh
>Orks don't like arts and reproduce asexually : the only thing their society can have in overabundance is violence.
Flash gitz, freebootaz, bad moons, goff rokkas. Orks thrive on excessive displays. Usually violent ones, but not always. If you think orks have nothing to them besides violence, you'z a git.

>Tzeentch
>Orks planning complex schemes? Pheh, right.
Blood axes, deff skullz. Remember what colour the orks consider luckiest.

>Nurgle
>Orks are very resistant to deseases, because, well, they are fucking orks.
Green is best, and the biggest is obviously the boss.

We've got canonical (that is to say, GW-straight) examples of orks going to khorne and nurgle. Tzeentch and slaanesh are a harder sell, but it's not outside the realms of possibility.

Just doesn't happen often. Chaos is a bad meme, but orks have never been immune, just exceptionally resistant.

Now call him a nigger

>Got infected - yes. Fell to corruption - why do you think so?

Because it happened before and that's how Nurgle gets his followers. The moment they were infected, they became slaves to Nurgle.

>Yet if there was a simple method of easily crumpin` his opponent, like dakka or a backstab, an ork would not hesitate to use it rather than have a head to head fight. Although this probably varies from an ork to another ork.

The Orks challenge things and fight them head on. They do it all the fucking time.

Also they enslave the weak regardless of race.

Don't pretend you know anything about Orks.

>Orks there die every day there and release spores. Then Khorne probably bends time so spores can mature quikly to make new bodies and Tuska's boyz souls come back there simply because there are no other bodies nearby to reincarnate in since they are so deep in an eye of terror. This could be done by G `n M duo and not Khorne. We have no evidence that its not them, so your guess is as good as mine. Ultimately its Khorne who reaps the benefits of Tuska's Valhalla, while Gork and Mork are too stubborn to give a soul of such stubborn ork boss to Khorne.

Nice headcanon faggot. Sorry that you have zero fluff to proof it.

Khorne has their souls. In fact, they aren't the only dudes to suffer this fate.

>Corrupted like - swears his allegiance to Tzeentch?

Corrupted like any race and twisted to the service of Chaos.

>I've noticed how Chaos fanbase treats other races fans, maybe other fanbases should start returning the favour? You people are making me sick with your elitism sometimes.

No, treat your sorry fanbases filled with ignorant idiots and liars.

>Are you the same person that claimed that nids could get corrupted?

And Tyranids have been corrupted before.

No race is beyond corruption. The only race we have no examples of them being corrupted are Necrons and it's only a matter of time.

No, that would be racist and I am not a racist. However, he is a faggot.

>703.M41 A MADDENING GIFT

>Seething after an imperfect regrowth that he judges to be a deliberate slight, the disfigured Acothyst Mydilian gifts his masters in the Coven of Twelve with a flock of Aelindrachi shaderavens. The avian terrors are well received, for though it is rumoured their caw slowly drives those who hear it insane, it would be seen as an act of cowardice to refuse them. Given the inherent strangeness of the Haemonculi, few notice that the Coven of Twelve are becoming ever more eccentric.

>A year to the day after Mydilian’s gift, several of the Coven’s senior Haemonculi depart into a shattered spar of the webway without warning. Their clarity of thought long gone, they plunge through a forbidden gate onto a long-lost crone world, rubbing their clammy hands in anticipation of having daemonic ‘specimens’ to experiment upon.

>Upon a plain of burning bones the Covenites find more in the way of Daemons than they bargained for. The horizon is scarlet from end to end with the footsoldiers of the dreaded Blood God. A never-ending cycle of battle begins as the souls of the Haemonculi are claimed as playthings by Khorne himself, denying them any chance of regeneration in their Commorrite lairs. They are condemned to an endless grind of unimaginative but extremely gory deaths, whilst Mydilian and three of his peers enjoy a sudden promotion.

And here is coven of Dark Eldar dying on a Khornate daemon world and suffering the same fate as Tuska and his boys.

Also did that faggot imply that backstabbing and low blow tactics are not Khornate?

>Flash gitz, freebootaz, bad moons, goff rokkas.
Well, its the kind of excess that exists to fuel more violence, not kind of excess that exists so you can get off. Flashgitz going moar dakka to shred opponents, Freebotaz wanting da bling so everyone knows `ooz da real kaptin, so they can boss other gitz around, bad moons spend their teeth mainly on snazzy weapons rather than decorations, and goff rokkers... Well, I could actually imagine goff rokker using sound cannon to blast gits. But using a perfected high pitched shriek to shred foes? Does not seem right.
>Blood axes, deff skullz. Remember what colour the orks consider luckiest.
Da blu) But I meantioned both of them in my post . They can plan somewhat complex plans, but they do it to backstab some gitz(literally) and not to puppeteer their enemies to follow their orders while they sip maragritas in the shadows. Thats Tzeentch thing. Also ork weirdboyz are uncapable of refined arcane arts, simply because they are lighting rods for spontaneous overwhelming Waagh! energy.
>Green is best, and the biggest is obviously the boss.
But how can you follow the orders of gloomy and depressed git? Again, I mentioned it in my post, orks don't feel lang losting sorrow or grief and thats what Nurgle is after.

A refined example of chaos assholitism. People like you make chaos fanbase look like ignorant douches. At least I was trying to act nicely. Go fuck yourself man.

>A refined example of chaos assholitism. People like you make chaos fanbase look like ignorant douches. At least I was trying to act nicely. Go fuck yourself man.

A nice non-argument from you. Glad that you conceded that you are wrong and that you are indeed a faggot.

>filename

I see what you did there heretic

Doesn't everyone on Veeky Forums call someone a nigger/faggot at some point? I know Veeky Forums is the best board but come on, occasionally you can fall into the stereotype.

There is another example of Chaos Orks and it comes from "Angron's Monolith" novel.

Feral Orks that were born near the Angron's Monolith were corrupted by Khorne. They started painting themelves red and drawing a crude version of Khorne's symbol. It was noted that they were fighting with more fury and rage than their other counterparts.

Racism outside of /b/ is forbidden.

>Khorne has their souls. In fact, they aren't the only dudes to suffer this fate.
Like the Blood Ravens, Imperial Knights, Eldar, and Orks in this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

Guess I'll be getting hit with a ban hammer then

shut up nigger

>what are Necrons

I'll put it simple - I can't treat your posts seriously anymore because apparently you are the same person that tried to prove that nids could get corrupted some time ago.

Whats next? Necrons embracing the chaos? Tau tzeentch psychers? Chaos wants to be the big bad all ending threat - and they can't accept that other races are equally dangerous without beeing juiced up by chaos. Shopehorning entire setting into "everything was chaos and will be chaos again" reminds me of kids playing a game while one of them keeps - a chaos faggot like you are - keeps comming up with his own shit on the fly to force onto others; I had an unpiercable shield; Good thing my dude had an emergency teleportation device; He had a clone of himself stored for this occasion;

Depending on your view of FFG, youi have the Blood Boyz from Tome of Blood. These guys were corrupted by the Chaos entity within the planet and started worshiping Khorne. They formed their own sub-culture in the Ork society in the planet.

Anyways, about the whole Ork Chaos boyz and Genestealer boyz being rare....

You guys do realize that there are probebly more Chaotic Orks and genestealer Orks than there are Tau and Eldar in the galaxy. That's enough numbers for them to get their own codexes.

How so? Corruption is not a disease they can't just adapt away and no amounts of shadows cast into the warp will make it go away once it settles in.

Hell, I'm surprised there isn't more corrupt fleets. Kroot get fucked when they eat tainted flesh, how are Tyranids able to assimilate flesh of the corrupt and just pray the gay away?

My man!

Nids have no desires. They cannot be corrupted by the chaos gods because they have nothing to offer them.

They are closer to machines than they are to sentient beings.

Ignoring your rest of whiny post, I'll address the interesting bits.

>Necrons embracing the chaos?

Why the fuck not? In the HH series, a Sister of Silence uses sorcery to gain a soul and she becomes a powerful sorcerer.

Necrons desire their souls back and they are always power hungry. Add in madness and stupidity caused by the great sleep and it writes it own self.

>Tau tzeentch psychers?

In the Tranzia Rebellion audio series, A Tau betrays his people and joins up with a CSM to dig up source of warp power beneath the planet. If the CSM didn't betray the Tau dude, what would have happened if they shared that power?

Considering that a Pariah can become a sorcerer, why wouldn't a Tau?

The ability for nids to pray the gay away is well documented.

And yet they were corrupted. A hive ship was corrupted and enslaved by the Iron Warriors in Storm of Iron".

Also in the "Daemon World", The Slaaneshi faction on the daemon world has Tyranid slaves working in the bone mines.

Also a whole genetealer cult was corrupted by Nurgle in the Genesteal-dex.

>they can't accept that other races are equally dangerous without beeing juiced up by chaos

Dude, what?

Claiming one race is above and beyond the unnatural corrupting influence of Chaos is like the kid who decides they got an all proof shield that deflects everything thrown at it.

It's got nothing to do with "nobody can be dangerous except Chaos" it's "everyone plays by the same rules." Chaos can taint the pages of a book just by someone writing about it on its pages. What sort of matter are non-humans made out of, if they're totally immune to it.

>inb4 "living metal"

Pic related, but imagine it without the C'tan.

GW should fukken clarify it all one day witha Chaos Xenos supplement to use as allies for some armies.

None of which makes any fucking sense

Tyranid slaves? Thats absolutely retarded.

The Black Library is full of garbage, doesn't mean any of it should be taken as canon

Or else I want my fucking multilaser terminators.

>Nids have no desires.

Neither do books, tanks or rocks, yet they get corrupted as well. The codex astartes leaves no room for doubt.

>the codex astartes.

And at the same time there's cases of them being wrought with Nurgle's Rot, enslaved by Slaanesh or manipulated by the Obliterator Virus.

WHERE ARE MY MULTILASER TERMINATORS user

>None of which makes any fucking sense

I don't give a damn what makes sense to you. The point here is that it exists and that it's more canonical than your headcanon.

THEN I DEMAND MULTILASER TERMINATORS.

>A hive ship was corrupted and enslaved by the Iron Warriors in Storm of Iron".
If I'm not mistaking, Iron Warriors used a floating corpse of hive ship to get to some location while beeing inside. Thats not corruption.

> The Black Library is full of garbage, doesn't mean any of it should be taken as canon
Finally a voice of reason.

You won't get any. CS Goto Dawn of War series novels were removed from BL site a long time ago.

>Tyranid slaves? Thats absolutely retarded.

How so? Their fucking codex says that if not connected to the Hive Mind via a synapse creature, the lesser beings revert to animal instinct. After that it's only a matter of applying voltage to get them to do what you want.

I want eldar-human procreation. And won't accept any multilaser terminators unless they are backflipping.

Oh so now its not canon because you say so?

It was specifically corrupted by the Obliterator Virus to act as a transport for titans.

>If I'm not mistaking

Your all existence is a mistake.

The Iron Warriors infected the ship with the taint of Chaos. Then they dragged it to the Eye of Terror where the sorcerers spent an unknown amount of time breaking it and corrupting it further.

Those same lesser creatures often lack digestive organs and will die within days. Once again, it makes no fucking sense

And what good would a fucking gaunt do as a slave? Its a fucking psychotic murderbeast with insane amounts of adrenaline running through its veins that exists only to kill.

It's the only series of books ever to be removed from the BL site.

Also it was overwritten by newer content so yes. It's not canonical.

You got your multi-laser terminators, they're right there in the novels. Nobody's demanding the game to have rules for Chaos tyranids, so why should you get your multi-laser terminators?

"Fortunately, though GW demand that anything published through the Black Library be considered canon, they also state that canon doesn't necessarily mean true. "

But user, thats animal training and herding, rather than corruption. And it'd probably start failing the second any synapse creature appeared nearby.

>Those same lesser creatures often lack digestive organs and will die within days

Good point.

I didn't say anything about the effects of chaos, only the gay.

>Those same lesser creatures often lack digestive organs and will die within days. Once again, it makes no fucking sense

Heck no.

Some Tyranid beasts like Warriors and gaunts can survive long after their Hive Fleet was defeated. They hide in the shadows and breed until it's time for them to strike.

That's why sudden Tyranid infestation flare up on worlds.

GW NEVER made any official statement on the canon. Don't bring 14dchan bullshit here.

Do i need to literally pull out quotes about many species of nids having literally no digestive system.

Because gaunts literally don't have digestive systems.

Often, but not always. Or just hook them with IVs to pump their systems full of nutrients and there's no knowing how long they can keep going.

Please do. Enquiring minds want to know more

Well, clearly even without tracts they can live long enough to pose a new threat to a world.

Hell, all we know is that they don't have a digestive tract, not that they can't be fed in any way. Making them reliant on some larger creatures to provide them nutrients would be a very good way to ensure the things don't wander too far off alone, even without direct synapse control.

>Good point.

What do you mean good point? You guys never read about the Octarius war?

The Tyranid tendril that was invading was obliterated except for a few spores that managed to land. The Tyranids that emerged from the spores hide from the Orks and fought a shadow war against them slowly gathering biomass until they became an army big enough to take over the world. Affter they beat the Orks on the planet, they started spawning Hive ships and rebuilding the fleet from zero.

3rd ed codex has a whole 2 page spread on tyranid biology

it specifically notes that they lack any digestive organs, as well as not having a liver, kidney, or any digestive track

Because that shit's just extra to a literal living weapon.

You say that like tyranids can't re-use their own biomass to make more of them.

Not all nids lack Digestive systems, just most combat morphs

Rippers have digestive systems.

Tyranids do feed, but they don't have digestive systems. They rely on Phage cells to allow them to process biomass goop that you see in Reclamation pools.

Well, shit. But probably creatures that emerged from spores were synapse creatures designed to last long. Normal gaunts would die from hunger.

Rippers don't make use of it themselves, they just nom nom and then suicide into acidic pools on planet's surface and then those pools get sucked into hive ships.

the reclamation pools are also what feed other tyranids.

...how the fuck does that work? That's just retarded. What? They need no way to intake nutrients into their system? No way to filter their blood? What the hell are they teaching in biology in your country user? Those are vital organs, you can't just not have them.

they do it all with phage cells instead.

Nids don't have those organs. They just don't

They are alien bio-weapons. Not a normal species. They are engineered for war, every piece of their DNA carefully engineered by the norn queens to ensure that they are the most effective weapon possible.

They have no free will, only purpose instilled to them through the hive mind.

And that purpose is to kill.

You said that Tyranids would die off in a few days.

Oh look, they adapted and started spawning more of their kind. Eventually they spawned ships.

Also in the Imperial Armor and the "Knight Companion" , the captured Tyranuid survived what? Months in imprisonment. In the Imperiak armor book, they eventually broke out and thrived. The lesser Tyranids evolved into the bigger kinds of Tyranids, even biotitans.

>just most combat morphs

Then what's the problem then? Those with digestive systems get enslaved. Heck, those you think don't have any, can evolve to have some.

Its not my fault that GW's shitty writers don't understand the lore of their own creation

Given that they're being written by Cruddace now, they're probably gonna get squatted given the company's utter disregard for the race.

I don't think. The Imperial armor Tyranids didn't have no reclamation pools to feed them. They reproduced and took over by their own.